Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

Congrats Danni...
    You will be aprehensive at the start, but i found once you get into the swing of things, it will go ok.
    Is it full time?
    When do you start?
    If anyone offers you help, take it, it will be hard to start with juggling being a mummy and work
    Well done again

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Thanks. It is full time and I start on Tuesday. I'm feeling good about it. Daycare arrangements are made and at least I'll only be working about 10mins away so there isn't much travel time or anything like that. I'll be working 9-5 for the first day or 2 but then the start/finish times are somewhat flexable and I've said I'd prefer to work either 8-4 or 8:30-4:30. That way I'll be able to spend a bit of time with Matt after I finish work and before he starts. Also, the earlier I start, the more likely I'll get a car park which isn't a problem at the moment coz the students are on holidays, but they'll be back soon and then parking gets more difficult.

Woo hoo! That's super duper Danni!! YAAY!
    I'm so glad things are all falling into place! Hooray!

Bron - like SJ, I'd like winter more if there was white stuff on the ground. No point being cold and miserable without snow. I lived in Nottingham for a year and winter was geat fun.

Trina -hope everything goes ok with the horsey...
    how are htey girls today? hope they arent bickering.

SJ - Congrats on your choice! IF that's teh best for you and MJ and DH, way to go!!
    Glad MJ's takign the bottle.

teach - dirty dishes! lol.. DH washed the dishes tonight from yesterday, i wouldnt have let him leave it for even that long if i was there. he said at least ive been trained well enough to wipe them when i put them on the drainer.im a bit pedantic, i dont like wet dishes being put on the drainer cos then it all drips down and there's extra work cleaning the surface.
    lucky you have a dishwasher! I'm the primary dishwasher at home!!

poopy's test results all came out negative! yaay!!! nothing wrong with his urine/bladder.
    Paed said dont worry too much abt the pink, it wil be ok.

Mum was goign to give poopy the bottle today and she had him al ready on her lap. i took the bottle to her and poopy looked at it. I took away to wipe it cos it was wet outside. As soon as i walked away, he started to cry! he recognises his bottle! and when mum put his towel/bib on him, he started sucking motions before the bottle got to him.
    It was so funny, it's so nice that he's starting recognise things.

Just a quick one.... had DJ's needles yesterday and he has a fever this morning 39.5 and very unsettled. Just giving him lots of cuddles. He isn't finishing his feeds, will only take 70ml if I am lucky..... arghhhhh Need to go out and get groceries so I will leave him with Doni and just make sure he gives him lots of cuddles......Hopefully he will be feeling better by tonight. We are supposed to be going to a friends birthday party tonight and a friend was going to look after him for us but if his fever gets any worse, I won't be going anywhere....

morning!

Shell, we were meant to be going to a party the night of MJ's injections, but after her having a temp i decided that i should stay home, so DH went out without me... i got a bit cross to start with, but as i fell asleep an hour after he left i was glad really as i would have been no real company and he would have just sat there annoyed wishing he was out... I hope that DJ is OK - did you give him Panadol for the fever...

I dont want to sound silly, but i am going to mention it JIC as one of the Mums at mothers group didnt know this.
    Did you know that you should give panadol if your bubba has a high temperature? it works not only as a pain reliever but it is anti-pyrexial too which means that it lowers temperatures, up to a degree.
    So if you dont think you bubs is in pain or uncomfortable in any way, but they have a temperature (i give if she gets to 38 and not uncomfortable - we also give panadol to patients with a temp 38 or greater) and of course you haven't given panadol in the last 4-6 hours give him a dose and he will feel heaps better.
    Sorry if you all knew this, but thought i should share...

gotta go BBL

shell - poor dj, big cuddlefrom me too.

sj - re solids. mum started me when i was 7mths! they told us at our mums grp about how their digestive system isnt mature enough till abt 6mths. but also keep an eye out, if before 6mths, bub starts to show interest in food, then he/she is ready.

sorry, so short. have to run

Danni a huge congrats to you on your job and to matt on being able to start his taxi job. You must be so relived.
    SHell Will was fine the day of his needles it was about 20 hours later he was miserable and stayed that way for 3 days I gave him some panadol on 3 occasions as he also had a temp and was off his feeds Friday was a much better day after needles on Monday plus all he wanted was to be in my arms the whole time which made for a loooong week in the cold snowy weather

Off to shop fun fun
    Bron x

Jake's been a grizzle pot since his needles on thursday!!! Thursday night he would only sleep for 1/2 hour at a time and didn't sleep longer than that till 6:30am! ugggg

Yesterday he was clingy, grumpy and very fussy all day and woke at 2:30am for a feed and then proceeded to fuss till 6am when he went back to sleep. This morning he's been quite fussy and wouldn't sleep properly. But he's just gone down for a nap now so fingers crossed he has a good sleep and wakes up happy! Meanwhile I am off to do my housework....yay

I have given Jake 3 doses of Panadol to help with his fever so fingers crossed all is ok there now

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Panadol is good for high temps, also make sure he's not wearing too much and take his temp every hour. If it's still high, dab him with a cool flannel & keep taking temp hourly. If all that doesn't work then take him to emergency.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910