Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

Woohoo hubby got the job

Yay for DJ!!!

India - So glad he got the job. Hope it all goes good when he starts!

Oh Bron, i am so happy for you both - what a relief!

Woo hoo Shell - its so exciting when they do something for the first time.

MJ spent most of the day yesterday nappyless... she loved it. I have some hugaluggs for her legs or she had on a pair of leggings that i wash if she wee's on them. No nappy or a trim on makes such a difference to their movement, especially when she is use to BBH's that are really bulky.

Prama - good on you for joining the gym, but dont be badgered by unkind family into loosing weight too quickly - you still are BF arent you? as long as you are happy (regardless of the unkind comments) thats what matters.

thats it for me this morning MG soon, have to shower as i have just got back from a walk with my sister... its so much better walking with someone, an hours flew when there is somene to goss with!

NOt sure what happened last night that the rest of my post didnt come up sorry about that.
    Thanx bj I am so excited for him its all happened so quick really apply on thursday interview Friday got the job Monday and they want him as soon as possible even willing to pay him night work to catch up on their sytems before the other guy goes. BLess my hubby he is having huge pangs of guilt..not fo rthe ocmpany but his clients and he has this post employment restraint clause that forbids him to work or solicit clients from the company. If he geos they wil have to cose operations down here anyway so tryign to figure out how to get around it. ANyway he is really happy so thats all that counts.

Way to go DJ thats great shell very clever boy now you wil be watching and waiting for more and then when they are tearing around the house we will wish they layed on a mat again *L*
    Prama..sod the lot of them I think your gorgeous grrrrrrr people
    sj I think your dss is so lucky to know he has you guys there and I Bet I knwo where his choices will lay when is he old enough to make that decision. I cant wait to take Will swimming too I am a real water baby myself lok a fright in a swim suit but long ago got over hwat people think of me..I am there for me not them.

bj there are lot of old bitys around arent there

Afternoon girls,

Going really well today went for 1.5hr walk and felt great. Since I stopped breastfeeding, my weight is starting to fall right off, I have already lost 2kg after giving up breastfeeding. I think it is because I am not always hungry so it is a bonus.

Bron - congrats to your hubby getting the job - that is super news

SJ - I was considering getting some of those huggalegs for DJ so that his legs are warm when I give him a good nappy free time. I agree those BBH nappies are fantastic but very bulky. DJ has been getting a bit of nappy rash from them.

Hope you are all having a great day. DJ is putting yet another thing in his mouth haha it is sooo exciting now, he picks up and holds his own toys now.... Mind you puts everything in his mouth haha

Shell xxxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Yay for the job, congrats to hubby!!!

Jazz is in daycare today for the first time. I had a call at 12:30 saying that she wasn't really taking the bottle but she seemed happy so I wasn't concerned. About to go pick her up. I've only expressed once, I feel like I need to again but there's no point because I'm about to pick her up. When I expressed I got 80ml out of each side! I haven't had any time to do anything around the house. I got back from my interview at 12:30 then had lunch and did some Avon stuff. Went out delivering catelogues for a couple of hours, just got home and now I have to go get her. I'm pooped!!!

Might get a bit done tomorrow while she sleeps, but then Thursday I might get more done, I do have to go out for a couple of hours to collect books, but at least I wont have an interview to go to.

Hi all.
    Like my new ticker? Finally got one that would put the pic I wanted up.

Had a good day. Jaz's athletics carnival today, so sat up at the oval for 6 1/2 hours. SIL came to keep me company though. Gotta luv her!
    Jaz came 2nd in shot put & her house won. Yay.
    The kids were all good & behaved - although Bri wet her pants & I had to run home, but other than that it was warm (well, kinda), & suny & everyone was in a good mood for a change!
    Til now. Poor Bri has a pulled muscle in her neck & is in a bit of pain. Poor baby

I have decided to try giving Jazz a bottle for every 2nd feed during the daytime now. She really needs to get used to it. She was so quiet when I got her home from daycare and so tired. I think it all might be that she was in a strange place with people she doesn't know and the other kids were paying her so much attention that they wore her out. I'm sure she'll get used to her new routine soon and it shouldn't take her too long to get to know the lady who has her for daycare. I know that substituting every 2nd feed with reduce my supply a lot, but I was thinking that that might not be such a bad idea because the temp company is limited in the jobs they can offer me because they need to make sure the places they send me have a hygenic and private place for me to express, they said that it is their duty of care but it may mean that I might not get as much work as others because not all employers have the right facilities. They have this thing called "breakfast temp" where I would go into the office between 8:30 and 11:30 and just wait and see if anyone rings looking for a temp, however, to do this I have to drive to the city and I have to go wherever and can't refuse but I can't do that while I need to express because the place might not be suitable for that. Once I feel that I can go a whole day without expressing then I might consider that.

Danni - You could always just do night feeding. I know a few people who have done it that way. Then you don't have to give it up all together.
    Its up to you though, if you want to ff got for it.

I'll try to do a quick one as poopy is a sleep and is due for a feed realsoon.

shell - a friend also said her weight just fell off as soon as she stopped bf-ing! 2 kgs good on ya!.
    I think im a bit ambitious abt losing 5 kgs, i guess if i lose 2 kgs, 1kg amth till icome back thats good enough.
    yaay on the rolling, he's a smart one, dj!

bron - thats fantastic news abt dh. he must be soo good that the new employers wanted him straightaway.
    he shouldnt feel guilty, they overworked him before.

danni - poor jazz, she'll get better at it.

skye - fantastic pix!!! wow.

sj and trina, thinking of you.

have to run now..
    steve is waiting to board his flight home, we are both so heartbroken. he's so sad to be leaving poopy. he said this will be first time in his life he will wake up and not see me.. im in tears writing this. i miss my stevie so much

poopy is awake.. bbl

Prama - sorry that you will be there without Steve, it must be sooo hard on him too, not only will you not be there but his little man too. I hope your family are supportive of you in the next few days as it may be a bit of an emotional rollercoster.

Skye - i cant wait for athletics carnivals!!!! i use to love them, my Mum use to come and watch too - i loved it - well done to Jaz!

Shell - i am jealous! 2kg wow... i want to loose 9kg before my 30th this year (september) i know that it is not going to happen as its only a couple of months away, but i would love to be my pre pg weight again for that!
    But to help i have decided that i just cant kee snacking or eating chocolate. I will be grumpy for the next few days, but i cant sit hear waiting for it to magically fall off (although i am walking about an hour each day)

have a great day everyone

shell yay on the weight loss

Prama hope you survive ok without steve.

SJ good on you for walking

Skye congrats to Jaz good on her

I dropped DH to the train this morning, he is off to Spain and the UK for 3 weeks back to being a single parent for a while.... Great now being back at work

Summy is sooooo cranky and grizzly at the moment i can't get anything done she is constantly whingeing i can't put her down for more than 5 mins. I wish i knew what it is!

Off to get cranky bum.......

Oh Trina, it just doesnt end for you does it?
    I dont know how you do it
    At least if you are having a down day and cant be bothered cleaning up no one will make a comment.
    I hope DH brings you back a very nice pressie

MJ has been like that a bit this week, all her noises are changing too and she is making the same whingy noise when she is hungry, wet and tired... so just have to check all of them!!!
    Have you tried the Jazsling?
    i found that sometimes just popping her in that while i was walking around tiding helped her off to sleep, then i could put her down.
    Hope she is OK

Thanks SJ she fell asleep in the car on way home from school so put her straight to bed we have soccer later so we'll see how long she sleeps, i didn't take paige to training yesterday cos she was so grumpy.

It is frustrating when you can't tell what's wrong, she might have an upset tummy.

Well, yesterday Jazz was more tired and quiet than usual. I think it was to do with daycare and being in a strange place and having all the kids doating on her. She had so much attention and I think it wore the poor mite out. She slept from 8:30pm until 4:15am and then slept until 6 when I put a dummy in her mouth and she slept until 7:30 when we got up for the day. I think maybe the not feeding thing is because she was in a strange house with people she doesn't know. It'll probably take her a couple of weeks to get used to her new routine of daycare. Off again tomorrow. She'll be in care from 9-5. I have to get the bottles ready before I go to bed. She has 2 EBM bottles from yesterday. I gave her a BF first thing this morning, then a FF for her next feed, then a BF at lunchtime before her nap. When I get her up she'll have another BF coz I'm getting full, then it'll be a FF at dinner time, then BF before bed tonight.

I told a friend of mine that last night I dreamed her husband told me she was 6 weeks pregnant. She said that 3 weeks ago she wasn't and they haven't been trying, but ya never know. Now she's kind of excited and wants to go buy a pregnancy test. I'm excited as well coz every time I dream someone is pregnant, within a few weeks or a couple of months they end up pregnant.

Those of you using FF, do you find your bubs go longer between feeds???

Afternoon girls,

What a day!!! What started as a trip to meet with my mothers group ended up with taking my mum to hospital instead..... She had her varicous veins done on Monday and last night and this morning she was coughing up blood and was having problems with her breathing. So, I have been at the hospital all day trying to wait and find out what was wrong, and they said the respiratory doctor will see her tonight, but didn't say why.... so hopefully all ok. Then as I got in my car, I twisted to get something out of my bag and pulled something in the left side of my back I think I have twisted a nerve or something - it absolutely kills. Got my wheat bag on my back and trying not to get up. DJ will probably sleep until 5:30 so hopefully Doni will get home then so he can pick him up for me because bending down kills

Skye - on the formula feeding, I am finding DJ is still used to his every 3 hour feeds but I am trying to spread them out because some of his feeds he will only take 60ml so I know from that he isn't hungry enough and it could have waited. So trying my best to spread out the feeds. And great new ticker - such a cute pic

Prama - I really feel for you with Steve going back home. Not only is it hard for you but him as well. It would be so hard for him not being with you and Poopy. Just look forward to the time you do see Steve and how special it will be

Trina - hope Summer is much better for you. DJ just wanted to be picked up all of the time today. Everytime I put him down he wanted to be picked up.

SJ - it is funny how their sounds change when they want something, i have noticed that as well....

Danni - hope your new feeding regime goes well. I found the formula feed before bed got DJ a longer sleep when I was starting to wean him off breastfeeding.

well girls, I am going to finish watching B&B before hubby gets home.

Shellxxxx

I hope your mum's OK Shell! You poor thing! First that then your back. I hope tomorrow's a better day.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast