Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

Hi all.

Wow Trina! Growing out of 00 & 0's. She's gonna be tall!! Jesse still wears 000's except for the bonds suits. he wears alot of 00's too, but I still can't believe he still fits 000's. Bri was a chubby bubby & was out of them at around 2 1/2 months! The portrait of all your girls together is beautiful. I had some done in home when Jesse was 2 or 3 weeks, but I'm paying them off. I can't wait to get them, but I think I've still got a couple of months to wait
    Your poor DH. Airports always seem to do that to you. I hope he gets them back soon!

Danni I wouldn't worry too much - as Trina said, when there are older kids around they need to keep up & have them around to watch. They can't wait to be up there with them. Enjoy her while she still wants to be a baby. Let her do it when she's ready. They grow up too fast. I know you probably hear it all the time, but they do. DD1 was around 4 - 4 1/2 months before she rolled over the first time.
    & even though the girls both had strong necks & good head control, they both hated tummy time. Jesse likes it, but no more than 10 minutes at a time. He'll go longer if I lay down & play with him.

MJ is in 0 bonds suits now, but they are slightly too big.. she is squeezing into 000 as the 00 are still a bit big in everything else, its like she is 00 and a half! i think she will be tall and skinny like her daddy
    getting weight and measured on Thursday, im really looking forward to it

trina - i had 3 sessions with the PT, 3 days in a row. i was so exhausted. Fitness First then wanted me to sign up for more PT session at ridiculously expensive prices, 10 one hr sessions at RM1340 = AUD400. I dunno how much PT cost per hr in oz, but if you were living here and had to pay 1340 for 10 sessions, it's madness. i could do so much for that amt. she's showed me the machines etc. so i can do it myself. i used to go to the gym a lot years ago so i remember some of the stuff. i took a break today cos my muscles were so sore, i had trouble lifting and changing poopy. i might go for a swim tomorrow.
    i was really upset yest, cos i was looking at myself during the workouts and i felt so fat and ugly.

bron - sorry i forgot to ans you the other day, lupus is under control, no flare ups but the skin on my face gets worse cos of the humidity.
    how are you feeling now? are you still bleeding?
    when does DH start his new job? how exciting! he'll spend more time with you.

danni - as the girls said dont worry. i used to and do worry about poopy not catching up but i realise he can only do it when he can. my friend's son only started to roll at 5-6mths, in BAby Love by Robin Barker, she said they can take up to 9mths. but dont worry, jazz will do it soon. anotehr friend's son only started crawling at 11mths. and a couple of mths later he was running around like crazy.
    i feel i dont want poopy to grow up too quickly, i want to enjoy and savour his itty bitty stage. even more so since steve's back in syd. i dotn want steve to miss out too much. tho i managed to record poopy rolling onto his side today. he cant roll onto his tummy and he gets frustrated.

poopy was in his 00 in bonds suits 2 weeks ago. they were just nice. he's in 000s but they are not so loose anymore, they fit just nice. mind you he's already 19weeks so he's older and smaller than some of the babies here.

poopy is due for another feed, he seems to have dropped a feed and some feeds doesnt want most of his top up. it's confusing and frustrating me as im worried as to why he's dropping a feed. but he seems happy and he has enough wet nappies. and his poo is more breastmilk even tho he has 1 full formula a day, on top of bf+ff top ups. maybe the warm weather has increased my milk? i dunno. im drinking lots of water, i did so in syd but not as much as im here, i suppose. but then im losing water cos im sweating so much.
    im too tired and cofnused. i miss my dh and am not sleeping well at all. i feel really sad cos i can never win, it's either or for me. backin syd, i miss my family and them seeing poopy. and here, i miss my husband and him seeing poopy. sometimes it's hard w my parents cos they dont have a good relationship and it gets to me. they dont talk to each other, they talk at each other. i grew up being the adult in the family and always trying to make things work. my brother went the other way and shut himself out of it.
    so sorry for the rambling, i'd probably go on and on..
    good night girls. xoxoxoxxo

Awww Prama that's tough with your parents mine only in the last few years will be in the same suburb together i was the one they both whinged to since i was 14 i know how you feel. The gym i go to do 1/2 hour sessions for around $30 but now do group training with up to 4 people for $16 for an hour i usually do one a week but cos i was away i missed a few so now catching up doing 2 per week, it really gets me motivated and pushes me harder plus you can't lift heavy weights by yourself so i like having my trainer there she knows my limits. Rule #1 DON'T LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!! they are horrible mirrors and when you are sitting down with baby belly hanging out i wear a long tight singlet under my shirt to hold everything in when i am running otherwise everything jiggles. I try and focus on anything but myself.

skye i can't squeeze summy into 000 bondsuits i still have a few larger 000 things that she fits into but they are too short in the legs, i think she has had a massive growth spurt in the last few weeks she seems so much bigger some of the mums at soccer couldn't believe how much bigger she was since last week. I have said it before when you want them to be babies as long as possible they grow up way quicker.... Not fair.. I paid my photos off too but i was able to take them home some of the photos had water marks on them you could hardly see where so they printed them off for me again, they wanted the damaged ones but when i went in the girl didn't ask for them so i got the whole 2nd set for free which is good the whole set cost me about $600 so pretty happy for the freebies.

Sorry that was a long jabba Summer is catching up on her sleep today she had a nice long sleep this morning and has been asleep since 2pm its nearly 4.30

I sprained my foot this morning. It is so sore. Jaz & I were kinda mucking around & I kicked her up the bum. It didn't hurt her, but I'm paying for it!! I can't walk at all.If I have it up it doesn't feel too bad, but as soon as its down & blood starts flowing into it it throbs. I've got panadiene, but it's not helping much.

I hope I can at least walk tomorrow. I can't move it at all or put any weight on it. Not easy with 4 kids to look after. The older ones aren't too bad, but it's so hard to deal with Jesse. Just sitting on the floor to change a nappy hurts coz I can't put my foot at the right angle to be comfortable.

Anth won't be home til 7 or 8pm. Dunno what I'll do about tea. Couldn't do any shopping coz I couldn't walk. Had to get Jaz to go in to get nappies for me. She got the girl behind the counter to come out to the car to find out what I wanted.

Can't drive anywhere. Had tears in my eyes going to get the nappies & coming home from the hospital. I'd be right if we still had an auto, but we bought a manual a few months ago. & it's my clutch foot I hurt. Aren't I lucky.

trina - thanks for understanding.
    i try not to look in the mirror but the PT was showing some weights and i had to look to make sure i was doing it right. i hate those mirrors. i think mirrors in m'sia make me look bigger than teh ones in syd! i suppose being in singlets and shorts most of the time doesnt help. i was in a baggy t-shirt at the gym, sothat didnt help.
    good on you for gettign 2 sets!!
    babies will change again when they start solids, dont they, weight and height gain? poopy was looking at me eating teh other day and mum said he was doing chewig actions. I'll start him on solids in a mth i think. he'll be almost 6mhts.

skye - so sorry abtg ur foot.. your poor thing.. :hugs:

bron and shell - hope you two are feeling better.

too many of us getting hurt,

No good skye hope it is ok stick it up with some ice (not fun in the cold weather) hope its feeling better today.

I so know how you feel about the mirrors prama i try not to worry too much my gym is good it has all types of shapes and sizes there at the time i go so its great not just having skinny beautiful young girls plus i have been going there for years i wouldn't like going somewhere new you're doing great you will feel fantastic only prob for me is i don't lose weight when i go to gym i do lose cm's but my weight usually stays around the same so i try not to focus on scales.

Speaking of gym must get ready.... It is sooooooo cold this morning 6deg when i dropped the girls off to school. Brrrrrrr

I have a new horse coming tomorrow for a trial so a bit excited i know that my other horse will come good now and i'll have two to ride and compete on.

DH called me this morning he watched spain play soccer and there were horns and people yelling he said they were going crazy cos they won he said it is just beautiful over there people have siesta in the afternoon and then stay up most of the night doesn't get dark until 10.30 or later at night wish i was there oh well!!

Back later off to get ready for gym...

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I don't know what it is about Saturday nights. Last week Jazz was up every couple of hours. This Sat just gone she woke up at 1am for a feed, I put her back to bed at 2am and then she was awake at 3, 4, 5, 6, 7! Last night was good though. She woke at 1am. I decided to give her a bottle. She sculled 150ml in 15mins and then had both boobs. I also changed her nappy before I fed her. Then she slept until 4am when I just gave her some gripe water and her dummy. Then she slept until 7am when she was woken by loud rain. I'm thinking about increasing her bottles to 200ml this week.

Woo hoo on the new horse Trina - how fantastic!

Prama - i have started to ket MJ 'taste' things... she has been chewing for weeks but still has that tounge protrusion thing - also i do want to wait til round the 6mth mark as its a whole lotta work that i dont have to do at the moment!
    I was cutting pumpkin the other day and i cut a peice that was way too big for her, but she could hold it and gum it...it was raw so there was no chance of her actually eating or choking in it.
    havent done it since, but she really wants to eat, yesterday we went out for dinner and she cracked it when we were eating and was chewing like mad and talking... she was funny to watch.
    Who ever finishes dinner first picks her up and lets her sit on our lap so that she can watch us eat - i figure the more exposure she gets to it, the better she will be when we actualy introduce.

Skye - hope your foot is better - and you weekend improved

Bron - how are you doing?

Got DSS on Saturday through to this thursday night, we are about to head the factory, as he loves 'working' with his dad!

Have a good one girls

I've been giving Jesse tastes of things too. Mostly stuff that can go on his dummy. Vegemite, tomato sauce, gravy. Things like that. The faces he pulls are so funny.

DH made the mistake of trying him on a slice of tomato the other night. He broke out in a rash all around his mouth. Dunno if it was an allergy or just the acidity of the tomato, but he won't be trying it again til he's over 12 months. He did love it though!

I might get some farex next week. We'll see. I wanna get him some rusk sticks coz he's constantly grabbing my hand to chew on. & his own.

Oh & the boob. That hurts. Normally when he bites there's a fair bit in his mouth, so it doesn't hurt too bad. But the other day he got me right on the end of my nipple!! I yelled OW & said don't do that again. He just grinned at me & kept on biting.

Hey girls,

Sorry I haven't posted much been so busy. Yesterday I went for a 12km walk with my hubby and friend, we took DJ in his pram. Basically walked from my place to Rouse Hill, it is a big walk and I am soooo sore today from it. Last night I felt a little sick from doing the big walk, but I think my body is trying to adjust again......Today I did some of my postnatal bootcamp dvd and omg it is such a hard workout, I worked up a sweat and felt buggered afterwards. Tomorrow I have my mums and bubs class... Just so much more energised and motivated.

I will try my best on personals.... I am sooo behind.....

Nappy rash - just wanted to ask you girls if your baby has nappy rash/ecesma? DJ has been getting ecesma on his bottom, two spots which won't go away, been trying nappy rash creams and powders and nothing works. I am giving him alot more nappy free time so he can just be free - he loves it....

Baby clothes - DJ is still in 00 bonds wondersuits, and between 00-000 depending on the make. All-in-ones he tends to be 00, but mostly 000 on everything else.

Skye - I bought some rice cereal for DJ as well an organic one. I haven't started to use it yet, will wait until next week since he is 4 months this Thursday. Lately if I am eating he opens his mouth and is interested in food so thought we would give it a try next week. Slowly introduce it. I think Farex say to start with one teaspoon.

Trina - a new horse woohooo you will have to upload some pics

Prama - that is soo hard for you being without Steve, but just keep counting down the days. Miss seeing you and Poopy at Ness' class and especially the coffee afterwards. I am seriously addicted to coffee, more so now that I have given up breastfeeding kehehee How are things going?

SJ - it is soooo exciting to get them measured and weighed, I am always wondering how much DJ has grown as well. Have fun on Thursday.

Danni - don't worry re: tummy time, DJ is still grizzly when on tummy but is doing much better with it. He just hates being on his tummy for any longer than 5 mins. It will come in time for Jazz All babies are different.

I know I have probably missed a few posts, so apologies....

Better go,
    Shell xxxx

shell - 12km!! wow! thats fantastic! you'll be all geared up for City to Surf. I'm going to miss it again this year, last year i didnt go cos i was in my first trimester and dr. wardena said i might get too hot etc. over 14km so advised against it. but i went to help out at our Camp Qualilty tent.

i miss our coffee too.. another 7 weeks to go! i hope ness will still have our classes when i come back.

skye - does jesse ahve teeth already?

poopy sometimes looks at us eating, yest he made chewing actions, will see how he goes before we start him on solids. lucky im flying home at night so wont worry about solids, will give him his milk.
    have to go give poopy a bath.

oh, poopy has had urate crystals in his nappy, once today and once last week. does anyone know if this is ok at this age. i know they do it when tehy are newborn. he's still having hsi milk so he has fluids, so im a bit worried that he might be dehydrated. he is procuding enough nappies. i dont notice them on his BBH cos the liners i use are dark. ive only seen them on his disposables.

Prama - I noticed the crystals in Jaz's nappies when I used Huggies. I changed to V.I.P.s & haven't had them since. They are made by the same people. Can't get them here though.
    I think it might be something they put in disposibles so they stay dry?? Not too sure though.

Jesse doesn't have teeth yet, but they are moving around in there. He gums everything. He was a bit irritable a few days ago too, with one red cheek. But he's ok for now.

Prama - yeah she will have classes still I am sure mind you I will almost be back at work by then. I start back on Tues 2 Sept. Going to work Tues, Thurs and Fridays. I wanted Mondays off for a long weekend and Wednesday is mothers group. Just means I will have to miss Ness' classes but there is a gym at my work so can workout there..... As for the walk, yeah it was a big one yesterday and I did C2S last year, just walked it though and took it easy. It was hard work especially pregnant. THis time we will be taking DJ in the pram and taking turns pushing him along kehehee

Can't wait to have you back for our coffee catch-ups. Take care of yourself and big hugs to Poopy.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I had my first full on formula nappy today...YUCK! It was smelly and army green. I messaged my mum to ask her if that was normal. She said it definately is.

Mum bought a few romper suits for Jazz today. She's getting too big for 000 wondersuits so mum bought 00 which are slightly too big but just about fit.

thanks skye! what's VIPs?
    Poopy bites/sucks really hard too, and they are getting more and more sore. i forgot to bring my lansinoh.

shell! we'll only have a couple of weeks then till you start work!! oh no! i will surely see you on the 19th of aug! i will miss you lots! it wont be the same without you.
    we'll take poopy to C2S next year. hehe it will be hard taking the pram over heartbreak hill!

danni - yup htey are green and thick and smelly!

im so hot today, ive taken 3 showers!

Prama - VIP's are nappies in a bright green packet.
    They are made by the same people as Huggies - Kimbies, but are cheaper.

thanks skye - dont think ive seen them in syd.. will look for them when i get back.
    aldi - mamia nappies are supposed to be really good too.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast