Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #3

forgot to say SKYE - MJ bites too - saw the CMHN today and she said that i should sternly say no and take her off - if she is biting she is pobably done anyway...

MJ is now 64cm long, 6.4kg and still has a pin head 40sm...

all going well and she is strong for her age, she reckons that she will be crawling early (oh god!)
    Got some new but old toys from Mum who grabbed them from the Red cross shop that she volunteers at - plastic letters that are like blocks, so disinfected them today and put them in the box for a few months... also got one of those activity things that hang on the cot (i had one very similar as a kid) - you know with a mirror and things that move and make noise...cleaned that too... not bad for $5!!!

Went swimming again today 0 she is really tired today now

hope you all had great days

Hey SJ. Yeah I have tried to do that. He finds it amusing though!
    He's always done it when he's had enough, but it's been hurting so much more lately. & he hasn't been feeding for as long the last few days?? So when he starts biting I keep giving it back thinking he'd still be hungry. But he just bites again.
    I dunno.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz was really unsettled yesterday and was a bit unsettled today at daycare. She only slept 30mins yesterday and not much more today apparently. Also, she's been really clingy.

Yesterday me & Matt were really upset and angry and I even lost my patience with Jazz because she was unsettled. I'm wondering if her unsettledness and clingyness is a result of the tension in the house yesterday. I feel really bad about it.

With BF I think I'm basically BF only 2-3 times over a 24 hour period now (for a full feed). Sometimes Jazz will just want a small suckle of the boob after having a bottle, but that's more of a comfort thing I think. She's basically on FF almost full time now. I don't mind that.

Matt has been put onto some other medication. His doc said to try coming straight off the other stuff but if he has any side effects that he should go back on the other stuff but at a reduced dose for 2 weeks before starting the other stuff.
    Last edited by danniellabella; July 3rd, 2008 at 11:44 PM.

Was up every 2 hours last night and this morining Jazz is very squirmy and unsettled. I don't know what to do. I don't know if she's consipated or something

quick one, about to head otu the door.

those bubs already rolling and on their tummy, do they move their legs as if wanting to crawl. is this a natural reflex or an attempt to crawl. poopy has been doing it. im not ready for him to crawl yet, nor is the house!

danni - sorry to hear about matt.... maybe jazz is having a growth spurt?

Prama - MJ has been doing since before she could lift her head... from what i understand, they have to learn both bits seperatly before they can crawl...hopefully he is still a while off it yet (im hoping the same with molly jane) i dont think that they are strong enough yet to get the whole lot up

Hi guys. All babies do it, don't worry. They won't be crawling for a while yet...I hope!! Bri had her whole self up on hands & feet at 5 months, but was still over 6 months when she crawled & that was really early.
    You could get surprised though. I do have a friend who was crawling at 5 months. I'm glad none of mine did that!!

Arrrrghhhh! No sleep again today. She's just refusing to have a day nap since Wednesday and not sleeping well at night...I'm going insane!

Danni - have you tried laying down with her? She might get some sleep with you next to her, & you might get some too. Sounds like you could use some.

thanks girls. poopy would do crawling action fr the early days when on his tummy, i understand it's a relflex thing.
    i hope crawling is while yet!!!

danni - have you tried a warm bath, followed by feed? xoxo

Hi girls. I have tried what you both suggested to no avail!

At 4:45pm I offered her a boob. She fussed a bit and then calmed down. Didn't suck any milk out but fell asleep with boob in mouth. I've put her in her cot and she's been sleeping for the past 30mins. Because it's so late in the day I was thinking about leaving her until she wakes up even if that's not until midnight, but then I realised that if I do that she's unlikely to sleep again which means I'll have an even worse night and it'll stuff her body clock up. I'll wake her after I've had dinner.

Hey girls,

Well yesterday afternoon I got something I was dreading...... aunt flow My hubby is taking me away for a nice romantic night tomorrow night and now I have this it is like arghhhhhhh I suppose I had to expect it now that I have given up breastfeeding, it took 2 weeks to get them after finishing. Now it will be interesting to see if they become regular...... So feeling a bit blah also went to dentist today from when I was grinding my teeth in child labour, had to get some fillings today and looks like the damage I have done to my tooth might require root canal arghhhhh thank god I have health cover.

Prama - re: crawling reflex - DJ moves his head around and lifts his legs up on his knees. but like you I am not ready for him to crawl. House isn't baby proofed yet.

SJ - wow great news re: MJ's growth and yeah i was told the liners could be flushed

Sorry not a big posting from me - feeling a bit blah

Shell xxxx

Danni - Have you got a sling?? It sounds like she just might be missing the closeness of the boob. When Jesse's really upset sometimes I find I have to feed him, even though he's not hungry. He only has a half hearted 5 minutes & falls asleep, but that's all that works.
    If you've got a sling it might help, coz just being close to you while you do your house work etc - on the move - can help.
    Bri, my 3 yo had colic & for the first 10 weeks she was awake screaming from around 5 at night til 3am. EVERY night. The sling honestly didn't help me, but it's something I tried.
    Does she have a dummy??
    Maybe you could put her in the pram & go for a walk during the day? Or a drive in the car at night. Or even just walk her around the house in the pram. If she falls asleep in the pram leave her there & put it in your room, or her room. Then you don't have to move her & wake her.
    I really hope something here helps. I'll try to think of more too. I know what it's like. Could your DH keep an eye on her for a few hours while you get some sleep??
    I used to find if I handed DD1 over to DH for a couple hours rest, she'd sleep the whole time anyway.
    Good luck. Hope you get some relief soon.

Have you got a bath? Have you tried having a bath with her? Or a shower. I do it with Jesse all the time. I just have the pram ready with a towel to wrap him up in while I get dry & dressed. He usually sleeps for a few hours after we have a bath together.

Danni might be a growth spurt Summer just went through this, it seemed to last for so much longer than all the other times but everyone noticed how much bigger she was, unfortunately i found nothing much that helped i did give her panadol one night cos she was just so unhappy, nice warm bath and massage helped too. Summer was grizzly, whingey squirming heaps and just generally unhappy. Just keep telling yourself it wont last too long and give her to Dad to look after so you can have a nap. Oh and getting out and about might work if you aren't too tired, shopping or in the pram.

I really don't like working on Sat even only until 12 so tired, have a niggling cold been working out hard and riding two horses every day.

More personals tomorrow hope you are all well

Well I suppose it's time for an update from me! It's been a while, horse show season here so I have not had much spare time to be posting.

Jake is nearly 4 months and has his 4 month vaccinations on the 10th of July, at his last health check when he was 3.5 months old he was 64cm long, 5.9kg and his head was 42cm.

I am now FF part time as I have to work for 4 hours a day, I was also having alot of problems with him not gaining weight, being very fussy and being very colicy and windy. Since starting him back on formula he's become the happy baby I remember. He still gets an upset tummy occasionaly and I have to make sure he's burped very well and that he has regular doses of Infacol and occasional doses of Gripe Water.

The final straw was the fact that Jake got exptremely constipated on BF only, he would go 10-14 days without a poo and when he did go it was hard and he would scream and cry for days before he would go. When I first changed to formula I was using Nestle Nan silver and he was still very upset on it so I changed to Novalac formula for colicy babies and he's improved 100%. His first poos were black/grey and stunk to high heaven but now they are normal yellow and soft so I am certian he's much better on the formula and BF rather than solely BF.

Jake can sit up for short periods of time, he can hold his head up when he's on his belly and he's sooooo close to rolling over now it's not funny. He can do it if his arms are right but if they are not he just pushes himself up with his hands and kicks with his feet.

I have been told he's teething as he's always chewing his fists, drooling heaps and is chewing everything, blankets, clothes etc.

Hey girls.

How is everyone doing??

Danni - how'd you go last night??

Morning Girls...

Well MJ had her 4mth immunisations yesterday, she did well and only cried a little... during the day she was fine, a bit off her food (milk hehe) but other than that ok. at about 6pm i gave her a feed - a full one, though she felt a bit hot so took her temp and it was up a bit 37 so thought i will leave the panadol until she goes done for her sleep at 8pm as she will have another feed at that time and hopefully she will sleep OK.... anyway at 7pmish, she needed a nappy change, Nina was over, so she did it and called out that she thought that she felt really hot, so i took her temp again - 38.4 - so we stripped her down and i measured out the panadol... she was still really happy thou
    Anyway, got her on my lap and tried to give her panadol and she threw up really really bad, biggest that she had ever done - it was like she had just been fed there was so much (you would have expected there to be less in there as her previous feed was over an hour ago)... she still wasnt upset at all, in fact smiling... so changed her and poped her on he mat. managed to get most of the panandol in then....
    within an hour her temp was down again to 36.7 which i was happy with, so dressed her again and gave her another feed...
    She went off to bed, and although she cried out in her sleep a couple of times she slept really well, didnt wake for a feed at all. she feels hot again this morning, but her temp is perfect - 36.6, so hopefully that spew was the worst of it. poor little thing

DH had been working really hard, the porch that we re-roofed, has been enclosed now and we are going to make a BBQ area and probably floor it and it will be like an atrium, so MJ will be able to play out there, it has given us an extra 3 x 12m in useable house space which is great... so lucky i have a handy hubby! It will take a while to complete, but will be great once it is (hopefully by September which is when i am the big 3 0 )

right thats it for me, have to get DH up - he went out last night and has a hang over (also woke me at 1am and wanted to rigt the wrongs of the world - really at that time i couldnt give a flying :P ) and is buggered and he has to do a site inspection this morning - that will learn him

have a good one girls

Last night Jazz fell asleep at 8pm and slept until 12:30am, then was up at 4am then 6 then 7. She's had a total of about 2 hours sleep today. A catnap in my arms at church, then an hour in the cot then I think almost an hour catnap on my lap.

Our car boot is leaking condensation. We went to get the pram out today but it was all mouldy. I've pulled it all apart and am washing it on handwash cycle in the washing machine. It's come up good. Once its all dry I'll have to figure out how it goes back together. Pram wont live in car anymore.

4 month injections tomorrow. When she had her 2 month ones she slept all day and night, only waking for feeds now and then, I hope it'll be the same tomorrow...just dreading the screams when she gets the jabs, makes me feel very mean!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast