Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

bron - is your leg giving you trouble?
    poopy likes to eat catalogs. haha

he's not sittingon his own. if i sit on the floor and have him between my legs that are stretched he's ok. buthe hasnt attempted to sit up/

gotta run

Danni - I hope you guys are all better soon.

SJ - Lol - Jesse does that. I put my face close to him & he gets excited & grabs my cheeks, or whatever he can get with his nails & pinches!
    He had the strap thing on his rocker in his mouth yesterday. Seeing him with the trolley strap in there today made me feel sick though. God only knows what germs are crawling on them. *shiver*

Bron - Thats a good idea! the mag on the rocker thing. When Jesse gets excited he kicks. He does it so hard on the ground I'm surprised it doesn't hurt!

Bron i love the idea of the pages on the rocker - MJ would love this, she loves looking at the 'junk mail' for bargains with me (much to DH disgust )
    I hope you are feeling better soon

MJ wil balance herself on my lay or on the floor, but usually wil fall forward as she attempts to grab something.
    She is do like stomach cruches, she would love to sit up, but still a way away from that yet (phew) im in no hurry for her to be more mobile

Skye, i think that sitting up for feeding is more that they can start to balance, not have to sit unsupported.
    Like your new pic

Prama - not long til your home now is it?

Prama yeah its very inflamed..wellthe vein that the clot wa sin israised on my leg and swollen etc not nice hoping drugs will fix it or have to go back on to clexane :-(
    Mum and I went and picke dup the car seat I won on ebay today..it was immacualte she had the instruction book too. Apprently she used to take it out of the car each week and vacum it febreeze it and disinfect it ( cant say I will be dong that *L*) but its in great nick a real bargain. I also one a brand new highchair for $75 so am well happy I think WIll is going ot be much happier sitting up at the tabel with us for tea than is his rocker he likes ot be a aprt of it all. I still cant beleive I am buying him a high chair where has my baby gone???????
    I printed off some photos of allthe rellies yesterday and am going to laminate them to hang on Wills locker I figure if he loves the catalogue so much he might as well see people he knows.
    HOpe you are all having agood weekend we drove through sleet and had the heater on to putting the air con on becasue it got so hot crazy stuff.
    Bron xx

Bron - My MIL ended up with a dvt after having her tubes done & she is on warfin(sp?)
    Her clot went from her hip to her knee. She used to have bloods done once a week, but now its about once a fortnight.
    It's nearly 2 years later though & she's still on the meds. Her bloods are still going up & down occasionally too. More when she is stressed.
    I've seen her go through it all & I really hope yours gets better soon.

Thanks Skye I Hope so to becasue I am an odd ball and have a clotting disorder so giving me clexane goes against everythign I am supposed to with my immune disease great huh. I do know that all the clots were superficial at that stage so sure hope I dont have a dvt

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Well, I haven't BF since I last told you which was 6am on 7/8/08, it's now been more than 48 hours and I don't feel any pain or discomfort at all! If I squeeze really hard then after a few attempts I might get a couple of drops out of one boob but I haven't gotten anything out of the other boob. I'm attempting to sleep without wearing any breast pads tonight. I'll still wear a bra but I'm hoping to stop that soon too. I'm sick of sleeping in a bra!

Jazz was so good today. We went out for a few hours to the city and she fell asleep in the car and then slept for the couple of hours that we were out and then just sat quietly in the car on the way home. She's been making lots of loud happy noises all day which is so cute. Her cough is getting better. She doesn't have severe coughing fits now. Still a few minor coughing fits but they don't seem to be bothering her as much. Also, apart from one time when I got up to put the dummy in her mouth, she slept from 7:45pm until about 7:30 this morning!

Yay, no boobie leakage!

Jazz just had some pumpkin & sweet corn. I gave her a bit, then she wanted more, then more and ended up havin half the can in one sitting! I've put the rest in a couple of containers for her to have at day care tomorrow. I've decided I'll let the FDC lady give her some food.
    I borrowed a walker from a friend, jazz's feet don't touch the ground but she is sitting in it having the time of her life at the moment making all sorts of happy noises. She's also been trying to blow raspberries.

Has anyone heard of lazy patch? It's a suit for adults made out of a doona...I ordered one a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today so I'm wearing it looking rather snug and warm. Soooo happy!

Jazz has started sucking on her bottom lip all the time now.
    Last edited by danniellabella; August 10th, 2008 at 04:39 PM.

sorry I haven't been online, we lost internet connection the other day from the storm.... anyway back online.

We did the City to Surf today and they gave DJ a medal and he took his first bus trip too He was laughing so much today and everyone in the bus was smitten by him and we stopped in to see some friends and they absolutely loved him. Doni is going to take a photo of DJ with Doni's C2S bib on and the medal around his neck. It isn't the first time he has done C2S I did it last year 7 weeks pregnant.

I will do some personals tomorrow just too tired tonight. DJ is going really well though, still teething and no teeth yet..... He isn't sitting up by himself yet either, I always hold him up with my legs behind him. He does push himself up to sit up though, so he is getting the momentum.

Ok girls, I am exhausted arghhhh will do more personals tomorrow.

SHell

Hi all, been laying low in a fair bit of pain most of the time Dr couldn't be bothered checking me properly said it's a waste of time as no treatment for broken ribs told me the only thing to do is to complain about it boobie is filling up the top and getting lumpy so not sure whats going on there have a really bad pinching feeling in my chest.

I am looking for somewhere to move to in QLD its a bit daunting really.

Summy can sit for a few seconds but falls forward when she tries to reach something, she can push herself up on hands and knees but she slips so cant stay up for long she is kinda pushing herself backwards too and can turn in all directions.

She is really constipated at the moment having to give her coloxyl, prune juice and water and still not much relief she was in such a state last thursday poor chicken was in so much pain.

Have a good day all xoxo

Thats horrible Trina! Go see another doctor.
    Are you still ok to bf? Maybe go se your MCHN & see if she has any ideas. Or an LC or something. If it turns into mastitis you could end up pretty sick.
    I hope you are feeling better soon. Are you on anything for the pain??

Where are you thinking of moving to? We moved 10 hours away from where we were when we had the girls. Bri was only 4 weeks. We managed ok, but we restarted with furniture etc. That made it pretty easy. We are thinking about going back up there - near Coffs - & this time will be taking our stuff with us. That'll be fun to organise! We are lucky & have FIL who is a boss at JR Richards here & should be able to use one of the trucks to move us. Save a lot of money.

bron - that sux.. hope you're ok... xoxox

trina- that's a big move to QLD, for you and the girls. Is this the big Bush move?
    Sounds like you might have a blocked duct...

shell - well done on the C2S!!

been running around.. we leave on Sat, im so sad to leave my family behind but glad i wont be hearing comments from meddlesome relos.

We woke up with the hills around us surrounded by snow today. I havent seen snow this low down for about 15 years its was beautiful and lovley and cold. NIck wanted to take Will out to make a snow man but there are so many idiot osn the road the last thing the police need is someone out for fun.My high chair arrives tommorow and cant wait as Will seems to only behappy sitting up atm and its driving me mad *L* I cant get anything done. He has been really wingey the past few days with bad wind form the littl ebit of solids he has been having only feeding him once a day but boy do his farts stink and are they explosvie so much so he wakes himself up poor little buggar. ANother stage to go through i Guess my baby is growing so fast.
    HOpe you are all warm and well
    Bron xx

Trina - you poor thing. Although there is nothing that can be done to set the ribs, he could have given you something for the pain - what a d*ck - sorry, but that must be so painful Can you go and see someone else, the pinching pain doesnt sound good. Can Summer feed from that side or is it too painful?
    I hope you gave that horse a good talking too!

Isnt your Mum moving to QLD too - are you moving to a similar area or not... Its a big state
    I dont envy you doing that move with the girls at all - what will happen to the horse, are you looking for somewhere with land so he can come too, or will you be able to agist?
    I hope Summer is better soon

Shell - well done on the C2S and congrats to little DJ on his very first medal!!! hope you are feeling OK now, you must be buggered!

Prama - i cant believe that you are coming home Sat - the time seems to have flown! You must be getting excited, I bet Steve is

Mum and Dad are back from their trip away, saw them yesterday, it was great although MJ cried when she went to Dad - told them that they shouldnt keep going away, as she is forgetting ho they are - nothing like the old guilt trip
    Thursday is goung to be flat out, i am in at the factory without MJ, first time in 4 weeks, so will have a massive day.

Another appoint at Osteo tomorrow, I am seeing someone at the bellybelly centre, she is great and i have seen a real imporivement in MJ and the way that she holds her legs. she can grab both feet now, last week she was only able to grab one, so thats heaps better.

Not getting her legs up to crawl, but manages to move backwards alot and also spinnig around to grab things.

Yep Bron they are growing up soooooofast, i can believe its nearly been half a year!

Well im going now, DH has been working late for the last 2 weeks, (earliest home 9pm) so i have not been eating properly, off to get myself some of the dinner that i cooked for him.

Hope you are well Skye, Danni and Teach.

quickie - danni does your body feel different now that you havent bf for a while

sj - hopeall goes well for little mj. xoxox
    im so envious! you guyshave the BB centre close by
    poopy's also spiiny. he's like a lazy susan. he sees toys out of reach and goes to grab something closer!

bron - how ar eu feeling today? sounds so beautiful w the snow.
    yes, they are growing up so quick. poopy's 6mths this Thurs!!!!

yes, ive missed steve so much and he us! looking forward to it.

Hi Girls - it has been ages since I have been on so have missed out on so much. There are just not enough hours in the day at the moment!

We are well at this end. Caitlin is growing fast, she weighed in at 6.2kg's last week at her 6 month check-up. We had a rough couple of weeks about a month ago where she had croup and then a couple of days later bronchiolitis which lasted for about a week. We had a couple of trips to the gp and then the gp sent us to emergency which was a bit scary, but she is feeling a lot better now. We have started solids which is a messy experience! Caitlin though has started sleeping less since we started the solids which might be a coincidence but it is very annoying as some nights she starts waking at around 2.30am and the wakes every 20 - 40 mins until I crack it and bring her into our bed. I have even been giving her a top up bottle in her sleep before I go to bed but it doesn't seem to make a difference - feeling very tired in the mornings at the mo!

I have just skimmed some of the other posts quickly so forgive me if I ask questions that have already been answered.

Trina - QLD? Whats the story? Are you happy or sad?
    Sorry to read about you accident with the horse - I hope the body is feeling better soon.

Bron - Well done on the ebay wins! Gotta love a bargain! We were given a high chair as a pressie when Caitlin was born and I have just started using it as Caitlin started solids recently, she looks so tiny sitting in it - she has even fallen asleep sitting in it which was a great photo opportunity!

Prama - I can't believe you are still away! Has it been a long time or am I just imagining it? Have a safe trip home.

SJ - How's MJ been doing since we last caught up, I am sure she has changed heaps again! Can you believe that they have closed our Starbucks meeting place

Shell - Well done on the C2S, I was thinking about doing the Nike run where it is happening all over the world in a 24 hour period but even though I have been back at hockey for months now, I am not fit enough for a long distance run and would need to do some training which I don't have time for!

Danni - Sounds like the weaning is going well, I didn't have much trouble either when I stopped and if I did find any lumps I just massaged them out in the shower and all was good!

Well I am going to leave it at that and I will try and make the effort to get on more regularly to see how you are all doing, I can believe how fast these babies are growing up.

Best wishes to all - Jo.

I wrote a whole post yesterday but then I accidentally threw my cordless mouse across the room and when I picked it up I must have accidentally pressed a button and closed the internet window.

I'm wearing a normal bra today, underwire and lace and all that! No leakage, no breastpads. I haven't BF for 5 days now. My boobs feel like jelly IYKWIM. They are so small now too!

Jazz ate all her food at day care yesterday and I've taken more for her today. I just can't feed her at night coz she's just too tired at the moment so I have no choice but to get day care to feed her. I found the best time is after her nap, she's so active then and just gobbles it all down.

She has bad nappy rash at the moment which I think is making her a bit irritated poor thing. I'm just using sudo cream and curash powder and making sure I clean the area properly when I give her a bath.

Well, must go and do some work.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast