Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Default Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 1st to 15th 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found at here http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-3-a.html

Going a bit nutty not having any help, well into the 3rd week DH will be home Wed i think hope he isn't too cranky from all the travelling.

Went to see a horse today and it was so thin i felt like crying so sad. Might be picking up a horse tomorrow going for a 3rd look so we'll see what happens.

So tired sorry for lack of personals.

Trina sorry - I think that maybe Dh can be given a days grace for jet lag and then you should inform im that you are away for a day and he will have to sort out the kids for that day
    Glad he will be home soon -
    hope this next horse is a better option

thanks sj xoxo How is the situation with DSS going?

trina - i thibk ur entitled to be cranky too

Hey girls,

DJ is fine now and so much happier. The fever went down and we were still able to go to friends place and he was fine for our friend just slept heaps and was a happy boy I missed him like crazy though, couldn't wait to get home and cuddle him. I am so loving this age though, four months is a good age

I should have paid attention to other posts so I could do some proper personals.....haha

Trina - hope DH isn't cranky from all of his travelling. Doni gets like that too after alot of travelling and I end up getting upset with him because he comes home cranky. Hopefully your hubby will come home in a good mood for you and give you a bit of a break

Prama - how are things going? are things getting better at your parents place? How many more weeks to go now?

Sorry no more personals, I didn't make a note from the previous thread....

Shell xxxx

Hi all.

Sorry I was MIA. I went up to see my mum for a week. It was very last minute. Anth got a knock on the door at 6am last monday morning to go away working for a week, so I decided that rather than sit here on my own for a week I'd go to the beach!
    Went up that day & got back at 9.30 tonight.

We set a new record getting home - 12 hours for an 8 hour trip. Jesse has been really unsettled & screamed most of the way home. We were stopping every 10 minutes sometimes. I'm really tired, but I've been having withdrawals, so I had to catch up!

We are due for the 4 month needles, have to remember to ring & book him in tomorrow.

Jesse's been a bit unsettled all week. On Friday night he was awake every hour. The last 2 nights it's been every 2 hours after midnight. I think he might be feeling better now we are home though. I just put him to bed awake & he hasn't made a sound yet. It's been about 10 minutes. I hope thats all it was & he's a bit happier now.

Came home to an empty house. Anth is away til Tuesday night now. & the car ran out of rego today. Can't do anything about it til he gets home - need his money!!

It was so good to go up there. Mum lives in a little town about 50k's south of Coffs Harbour - Scotts Head. It's so pretty. We didn't get to the beach or the park once this time - they are usually the first thing the kids want to do.
    I love it up there. I wish we still lived there, but Anth works here & I don't really want to be travelling 8 - 10 hours every few weeks to see him, so I gotta stay here too. I keep telling myself that anyway!

Jaz was pretty good. We did keep pretty busy up there though. Between visiting friends, kids disco's & just enjoying Nan & Pop, she didn't get much of a chance to play up. & I was too preoccupied to stress about it. Mum's just opened a cafe at a small town theatre, & I went out & helped her out a bit. It felt good to do something like that again. The kids were all there too, but my sister kept an eye on them for me so she didn't have to work!

18 year olds these days!! I keep reminding her that I had a baby, a flat, a partner & a job at her age - she still has the hide to winge at me about her hard life! She lives at home, works for mum, just got a traineeship she's been wanting for years, pays no rent or bills, but lifes still too hard!!

Anyway. I think I'm all caught up. I did skim through, but I'm too tired to catch up properly.
    Good night all. I need sleep.
    xxx

Morning,

Glad that DJ is Ok Shell and that you got to go out... itsnt it funny, we look forward to going out, but when we are, we miss our bubbas like crazy!

Skye - sounds like you had a great time, probably exactly what you needed, bet it was great to be around your Mum for a while and have someone to entertain the kids too. Glad that it was good for Jazz too, all that distraction was probably really good for her... sorry that Jesse has been unstettled thou.

the situation with DSS is OK at the mo, but we suspect that she is doing really well as she has fallen back into her old habits unfortunatly... lately she has been really upbeat, cleaning heaps and lost loads of weight - it all points back to speed (although we would love to be proven wrong) im afraid... Its great while she is up for DSS as she has so much more energy (rather than i cant be bothered to do anything other than blob on the couch) and they do a load more, but when she comes down he really suffers... we shall see thou, all i can hope is that they have changed her medications (depression) and they are having the desired effect, but after nearly 9 years of this we are all too familiar with the behaviour anyway, its all speculation, i hope that she has just finally sorted herself out

Had a crap night last night, i am coming down with a cold so really tired and DH snored all night, it got so bad that i went out onto the couch, then of course as soon as i fell asleep after getting comfy MJ cried and needed a feed (i think that she is getting it too, so is probably feeling really dry like i am too). after that i couldntsleep for a while and would you believe it the bloody dog (that sleep in the lounge room) started to snore so i finaly got to sleep at about 5am, then the washing machine kicks in so that woke me, then the alarm went at 7 grrrh, not enough sleep at all and the house is a tip (did nothing except washing all weekend) and i need to go to the factory to print off group certificates for our staff...
    Hopefully i sleep better tonight
    Sorry for the winge

I will be back later in a better mood

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I bought some Farax for 4 month olds today so I'm going to give that a go tonight. Today is my final day as a stay at home mummy. I have mixed feelings about it. But, I should be able to stay in bed all night tonight. I've told Matt that he HAS to get up in the middle of the night to Jazz so I can get as much sleep as possible before my first day of work tomorrow!!! WooHoo, I might get sleep for the first time!

I think DJ has started teething.... He is rubbing his gums and always putting his hands in his mouth and crying everytime he does it.... so i think he is in a bit of pain from teething..... I also think he has hit a growth spurt because he is drinking so much today. Lunch time feed he swallowed down 180ml, then 3:30pm he took 160ml and normally I can only get him to have 120ml so definitely a growth spurt..... so he has been a little unsettled but sleeping lots. I tried to give him a little baby rice earlier and he just threw it up, was not even half teaspoon so not too much. Don't think I will bother again wondering if it may have upset his tummy....

SJ - hope you feel better and the cold clears up quick. I woke up with swollen glands but it seems to have cleared up now, so hopefully I will be right.

Skye - sounds like a great time away. Hubby and I are hoping to go for a drive in a few weeks time to see a friend of ours in Byron Bay. i can't wait. It will be nice to get away and not be in the house all of the time.

Danni - good luck for your first day back at work. Hopefully Jazz will give you a good night sleep.

Take care girls,

Shellxx

Quote Originally Posted by shell_120308 View Post

Danni - good luck for your first day back at work. Hopefully Jazz will give you a good night sleep.

Shellxx
    thanks. I think (hope) sleep will be fine coz Matt isn't working tonight (that's a story for another day though) and isn't working tomorrow so he doesn't need as much sleep as I will so he can sort her out.

When I reminded him today that he's on baby duty overnight he said "what do I do?" I just told him to change her once only should be fine, and give her a bottle each time. Hopefully I can get a whole night and he wont wake me to ask for help. Up at 6am for boob feed and then at day care by 7am is my plan. I want to come home after dropping her off to get dressed.

I started Jesse on Farex last week. he's had it 2 or 3 times & some pureed pears.
    He really enjoys his food.

He's started laughing at me when I go to change a dirty nappy now. He can't wait to get it off & starts grinning at me as soon as I start taking his pants off. Once the nappy comes off he's usually giggling.

I really hope his unsettledness is just coz he misses his dad. Hopefully he'll be home tomorrow.

Skye, with Farax did Jesse's poo change to more of an adult type poo? Hehehe, I just realised. I'm planning on starting food tonight and Matt is on baby dutie over night...could be interesting hehehehe!

Danni - That'd be funny, but no, not yet. I think the little bit he's having isn't enough yet. Just hope not anyway. You don't need him waking you coz he can't handle the smell! I dunno what he's like, but Anth is a sook!

I think Jesse might have an earache. he's wingy & keeps grabbing his right ear. Might give him some panadol & see how he goes. After I take his temp.

Summers poo was thicker and a little more stinky this afternoon she has had farex and a few other things, she gets hysterical if you stop feeding her and then when she sees the spoon coming with food her eyes light up and she opens up her mouth, she watches you like a hawk if you are eating.

Hope you have a good 1st day Danni.

Forgot what i was going to say now....

So tired but have a mountain of washing to fold *sigh* best i go think about it.

Jazz had about 2.5 spoon fulls of farax before gagging, then she sculled a whole bottle! When I had the farax on the spoon she lunged forward with a big open mouth and then when it was in her mouth she sort of sat there without swallowing it for a short time as if "hmm, this isn't what I'm used to" But then she swallowed but then after the last bit she gagged so I stopped.

Right, time to fill up bottles and go to bed. I have my clothes and Jazz's clothes out for tomorrow, day care bag packed, my bag packed (just about). Made sure I put the breast pump in. Then I'm going to bed.

Matt said that he usually doesn't wake up until after I've gotten up to Jazz so he knows that I'll still wake up when she does and told me to wake him up and then for me to go back to sleep once he's up.

OMG. I think Jesse might be asleep. He's over my shoulder, I'm not game enough to move him. He's been screaming for 2 or 3 hours. I dunno if it was an ear ache. I gave him panadol, took his nappy off, changed him, walked him, bathed him. Everything over the last 2 hours & the screaming still didn't stop.
    Well. I guess I'll try putting him too bed...

hi girls,
    quick one, im so tired.

danni - all the best!!! good luck. xoxoxox

trina - when does dh come back?

shell - sorry if this is TMI - do your boob feel different now that you've stopped BF.

skye - hope jesse's ok.

poopy's getting more and more rumbunctions.. sigh.. so much to come!

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast