Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Summer didn't want to go to sleep last night, her gums are bothering her gosh these first teeth seem to take forever all that moving around really must be annoying. She isn't drinking from my r side just keeps fussing and pulling off so feeling a little lop sided. She is loving her high chair, i got it for $20 and $21 postage brand new, it has wheels, is height adjustable, back can recline, tray comes off and has a 2nd tray for easy cleaning, it probably isn't as sterdy as the expensive ones but just great for the money i am happy with it, i have paid alot more for less before.

DH should be home late tonight, flight should come in around 7pm then has to catch train and i'll pick him up from t station.

Some ECN hate walkers they can tip if you have stairs or uneven floor as if one wheel isn't right and they keep pushing it will tip, it's not like you are going to leave them and not watch them anyway, another one of those things that everyone has an opinion on. At my MG she really gets angry if anyone even talks about walkers she is a bit of an old crank though.

Not good Prama on your pen pal, a good friend of mine has a bub a week younger than Summer plus a 2yo and she is getting a divorce too they have been through so much so sad.

Skye is this the last time for you? I feel different this time around i think because it is the last time i am going to experience all the baby things so i am enjoying it all and savouring every bit.

How exciting Shell hope you enjoy your time away.

Off to hang some washing

my little poopy is sick.. he has a runny nose, cough and slight fever.
    started last night after midnight. igave him some panadol and a boob feed and it settled him and he fell asleep.
    it's so heartbreaking to see him cry cos he feels yucky but cant say or do anything.
    he's still sick, my poor itty bitty man.

trina - hope dh brings you something nice and lets you rest on the weekend

shell - i guess boobs never go back to how they were huh..

to little poopy

I am off to pick up my new horse very excited, hope my two boys get on....

Had Jesse's 4 month needles today. He was so tough. Hardly cried at all. 5 minutes later he was laughing & smiling like usual.
    He is 7.1 kilo's bare weight now. 15lb 10oz.
    66cm long
    & HC is 42.3cm

Prama - as with everything else, walkers are one of those that gets a different oppinion from everyone. I don't want to get it to get him walking, just for entertainment. I had one with both the girls & never had any accidents. The one I'm looking at is lockable so they can't move it if you don't want them too & it can rock too. Not sure how it works, but when it rocks it can't roll. iykwim. They can't walk it. & it has a play tray, the main reason I want it. Jesse is just so over laying & half sitting all the time. He wants to be standing, & I reckon he'll be too big for a JJ in a few months. But a walker can be used for longer & the tray can be used to give them finger foods & stuff when they are a bit older. So there are alot of reasons other than getting him walking.
    BTW I've known my best friend for over 22 years now. Thats a long time when you are 24!

Trina - I keep telling myself & everyone else that he's my last. He has to be coz I have so many problems through pregnancy. With both the girls I had hyperemesis gravidarum - severe morning sickness that lasted til 5 months. I was in hospital on a drip with both of them. Then with Jesse I got the nice & painful seperated pelvis. Which I don't think I'll be lucky enough to avoid if I go again. I would love another little boy to even things up - & coz I know a boy won't make me sick, but since I can't guarantee another boy, I think it would be smart to just not go there again. I have told Anth not to let me.
    I take it you aren't going to try for a boy?? You'd probably end up with 15 girls before you got a boy! That's what I thought would happen to us!

He's having a hard time with these needles I think. He started crying when he woke up about an hour ago & is now screaming. I just gave him panadol. I might put him in the bath.

Shell Bf or not gravity eventually takes its toll - everywhere!

I bought a high chair from Ikea yesterday for $20. It's the plastic one, doesn't have a tray just slides up to the table. Paddy loves it! He can sit up by himself for short periods of time but is still quite happy on the floor (he's probably my last so he will be a baby for as long as I can make him!).

Skye I hope Jesse is feeling better, the bath should help.

Prama hope poopy is feeling better. Lots of cuddles should make him feel better.

Well I just kept adding hot water & ended up having him in the bath for about half an hour. He was really happy in there. He had a feed & a bit of a sleep after, but only about 20 minutes & woke up crying again. & hasn't stopped again. Take away for tea tonight I think. I don't think there's any chance of me getting any thing cooked!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Last night Jazz slept all night again! That's 2 nights in a row! Work wasn't so exhasting today because I was working on my own for most of the day and wasn't being bombarded with heaps of information. Hopefully by the time I get to work tomorrow I'll be on the computer system coz I have some things to do but can't do it until I'm on the system. I ran out of things to do by lunch time today.

I am not going to work as Paige and Tahnie have a tummy bug it comes in waves from both ends poor little things, they have perked up a little after some gastrolyte iceblocks (which they never usually take) only had one client anyway. I noticed Summer has been dribbling heaps today and when i looked in her mouth i can see her two bottom teeth through the gums, one side more than the other, hopefully they wont go up and down too much and just come through easily for her.

DH got home 1am this morning, his body clock is so out of whack he couldn't sleep and so now is in bed, probably shouldn't let him sleep too much or he won't sleep tonight. He brought a mountain of washing home what a great present hehe. Speaking of washing i have heaps to do with all the vomitting.

thanks girls.

poopy is still sick. went to the paed today and she said he's got a viral infection. apparently the bug's been going around.
    she's given him some antihistamine.
    im on the verge of falling sick too.
    will come back later
    xoxox

Prama, hope you don't get sick and Poopy gets better soon.

I'm still a bit sick and feel aweful in the mornings. I don't think I should be working coz I think it's viral but I'm hardly going to take a sicky in my first couple of weeks of a new job am I!

Jazz made it 3 in a row with sleeping all night last night. I'm liking this! The only thing I don't like at the moment is she is so tired from spending all day at day care that she'll only be playful for about 30mins and the rest of the time (1-2 hours before falling asleep) she is mainly feeding and too tired to play and just wants cuddles to help her get to sleep.

My body is still not used to being at a desk for 8 hours a day. It's exhausting.

Matt is bringing Jazz into work this afternoon when he comes to pick me up. Only 15mins to go!

danni - thanks hun.. i hope you dont get sick either.
    it's a bit of a shock to the system isnt it, from being a mum and then back to work again...
    does jazz do a lot at the day care centre.

*Hugs* for trina and prama with sick kids I do hope its over soon for their sakes an dyours. trina hope it was anice reunion with dh despite all the washing.pram atake care of yourself hun nothing worse than feeling ill when away from home
    danni well done you on 3 days at work I cant imagine yet how I will juggle it all but I Guess we just get on with it hope you dont get sick either. bj how is your little man doing?trina how did the horse go?Woo hoo summer on those teeth

AM sooo over hubbys job I cant wait til he finishes next week. I have had 10 nights in a row where he has worked till midgnight trying to get jobs finished so doing it all myself ( sorry trina I sound pathetic when I know you do it all yourself with 4 kids)
    Have had to rearrange the furniture too as Will is now so good at rolling from his back to his belly he is moving himself all over the lougeroom and am not game enough to leave him alon while the heater etc is on the floor
    going through 6 bibs a day atm with all the drool too I also think he will teeth early

Am missing my mum terribley and cry when she rings when they get phone service I feel like a fool and hate it becasue she says oh we will be home soon and gets a bit emotionalWith out going into details there is alot more than hubbies job causing grief at home atm.and the past couple of weeks have been pretty rough.not the sort of stuff I really want to talk to my friends about either :-( just want my mum iykwim..sorry
    Am off to be night all
    Bron x

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post
    danni - thanks hun.. i hope you dont get sick either.
    it's a bit of a shock to the system isnt it, from being a mum and then back to work again...
    does jazz do a lot at the day care centre.
    Too late, I've been sick for almost 2 weeks!

Yes I think she does do a lot at day care coz she's always so tired when we get her home. I can't wait until the family day care lady can have her more days though. I find the quality of care is much better than at the childcare centre. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that it's at someone's home and there are only ever 4 kids at the one time and they are all different ages from Jazz being the youngest up to 4 years old. Whereas at the centre there can be up to 15 babies in the room at the one time and there is a ratio of 1:5 carers to babies. Their ages range from Jazz being the youngest again up to just under 2 years. Basically unless Jazz is being fed or is crying she is put in the bouncer thingy or put on the floor with an activity centre above her and left to entertain herself. At the centre they don't have time to spend proper time with each child.
    Ah well, in Sept she'll change to 3 days at FDC and 2 at the centre and then at the end of the year it'll be 4 days at FDC and only one at the centre and then that's how it will stay.

Bron - sorry that you are feeling so low... ikwym about just wanting Mum, just sitting with them makes it all better doesnt it? I hope you are OK Take care of yourself

Sorry not going to do personals, just wanting to check in really.
    I think it must be winter or somethng in the water, we are all pretty cr*p at the moment arnt we? if its not us thats sick its our kiddies (hope the Gastro is improving at your house Trina)

I am sleeping really badly at the moment, it like i am in the third timester again, waking at odd hours and not sleeping well.
    MJ has been needing a night feed too - i think that she is trying to fight off this cold too, so thats not helping either. I think that i had 4 hours last night - dont know whats wrong, but i work up and just wanted to punch something this morning (luckily MJ does dissolve those feeling pretty quickly).

DH was great and told me to tidy the lounge (so i dont look at mess all day as that make me cr*ppy too) and find a movie o watch or a book to read and do that all day - other than pick up DSS from school that is and care for MJ all day I dont think that he understands that gone are the days that i can just curl up and forget about the rest of the world!

Trina - hope DH is not too grump with teh jet lag

Everyone else, take care and hope you andyour loved ones are not too sick/under the weather for too long

I'm home sick today. Wasn't feeling very good after work and couldn't eat dinner. Jazz slept until 5am again which was nice but I got up to her then, Matt had already been in there. When I was coming back to bed I felt dizzy and threw up (thankfully in the loo). After we dropped Jazz at daycare matt wanted to get a couple of outfits for her but I had to goso we could use my credit card. I threw up in the middle of the mall!

I haven't felt this bad since I was pregnant. I think its the flu. Matt said while I'm sick he doesn't want me to BF at all and to throw out any expressed milk to decrease the chance of passing this on to Jazz.

Danni - you couldnt be pg again could you?????
    Hope you feel better soon

BTW i thought that u cant pass anything to your bubs via BF, just the antibodies that you are producing, so they are less likly to get sick as well

poopy's sick and i am now. we both hv the cold
    even tho he's bf he's sick.
    paed gave him some anti-histamine

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast