Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Ooh yeah. That'd be funny!
    I do say absolutely nothing & sitting on my arse all day to DH all the time, but I never thought of nicking off for a while! sounds sneaky & fun!
    I doubt I'd do it though.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Well, you know how Jazz has been a good little girl and slept all night every night this week... Well, last night I was on baby duty so she decided to wake up every 2-3 hours! Naughty girl!

Ah well, Matt's on baby duty again until Friday night. I get Fridays and Saturdays now except I didn't have Friday this week coz I was sick. I will not be a happy camper if she decides to sleep all night again all week until Friday! I did make Matt get up at 7am this morning to sort her out though just so I could have a bit of sleep.

I'm able to express less now and don't get much out any more so I think and hope that my supply is almost out.
    Last edited by danniellabella; July 20th, 2008 at 06:49 PM.

I think Jesse slept all night last night! 6am is the only time he woke up. That I remember anyway.
    Then went back to sleep til 9.30.

I nicked off tonight! Anth went with my DB & a mate at about 11am & I didn't see them again. SIL had enough & came over & asked me to go out for tea with her when they got home & get them to baby sit. They didn't show, so we went anyway.
    DB is sucking up to SIL big time!
    Anth took the bin out before he came in side when he got home & then was stumped as to why I wasn't grumpy with him. I got my time out. It would've been better without the kids, but coz it was kinda behind their backs it was good.
    We did text them & say that we were going out, but we told them we had a baby sitter!

My bubba slept in his own room for the first time last night. Sounds silly i know as he is 19 weeks old but was hard for me to make that move I was so super paranoid. I woke so many times it wasnt funny he on the other hand slept from 8.30 till 6 like he does everyday so no hassle for him.He is growing so fast :-(

India - Jesse still sleeps in our room.
    Jaz did til she was 5 months, Bri did til she was 9 months. I won't be waiting that long this time. 6 months I think.

danni how are u feeling today? jazz is cheeky, maybe she just loves feeding time w you!

bron - that's a big move! im still not ready yet, was hoping to move him at 6mths, but might wait as we go back when he's 6mths and let him settle a bit and move him at 7mths.

skye - glad you had some quality time outside the house. maybe next time leave the kids w dh and sneak out! hehe

trina - hope you get to pour out your feelings in a letter and dH realises how you feel. it's a big thing. we all think you are doing an amazing job, no, it's more than a job. you are a fantastic mum, and i'm sure all your little princesses realise that.
    I do hope he did bring something for you all.

shell - how're your walks going? i said in the previous thread, you must be walking further and further, is that why we dont hear from you so often? hehe
    is dj sleeping longer at night now that he's on formula?

hello everyone else!

i hardly slept last night, poor poopy's nose was blocked and he was restless in his sleep. I kept wakign up every hr to check on him, and give him some little fess. poor baby

DH and I just were not sleeping properly with him in there and he has nearly grown out of his bassinet so thought if he got used to spending the nights in there then I can make the tansition to the cot next.PLus its warmer in his room it stays the same sort of temp all day where as our room is so cold wont stop me from being paranoid though.
    prama i Hope poopy gets better soon

Prama, i hope that Poopy is better soon, its no good then they are not sleeping well.

Bron - MJ has always been in her room, when we stopped sleeping wit the monitor on (same reason as you are moving Will out, not sleeping well cos of the noise) i barely slept and i was listen out for every noise.
    The one thing that put our mind at rest is that we have a baby sense monitor (like the angel care but with no audio monitor just an alarm)... hoever the day that we remove that i think i will be camped in her room... so i guess i am probably lulling myself into a false sense of security... good luck with the cot change

Skye, glad you got some time out, even though it was with the kiddies... how is Jaz doing? are your kids back at school this week? i think we go back a week earlier, this is DSS second week back.

Shell hope DJ is OK... have missed your posts

Danni, i agree with Prama, Jazz probably just loves the Mummy feeds

Trina, hope everything is going OK and glad that this horse is working out for you, you deserve something nice.

To all.... What do you do for you time? do you have time away from your bubs at all? Im starting to feel like things are getting on top of me and wondering what everyone else does and how much help you get from your DH (trina i know your answer to that last one )

SJ - Yeah, Jaz goes back to school tomorrow. She's OK. Had a big screaming fit at the Bowlo last night. Told the kids if they didn't stop running around they wouldn't get ice cream. They didn't stop, so they didn't get ice cream. She started straight away. Demanding it now. Told me again how much she hates me & that I'm the worstest mum. Threatened to jump out of the car while I was driving.
    I just didn't say anything. If I did it was a calm 'I know'.

My time out & all I get is a hot shower every night after they are all in bed. some people like a bath, I have a shower. It relaxes & destresses me.

My DH is USELESS! I love him, but he's no help. The odd occasion he tries to help he usually makes matters worse! I couln't do it without him though for some reason.

thanks so much girls

it's so hot, if the fan or a/c is on high, poopy's nose gets blocked, but if on low, he gets hot and tired.
    i hope he gets better soon.

time out - back in syd, when dh comes home, he takes him off my hands for a bit, so i can have a nice hot shower. he also gives him a bottle. so i can relax a bit. and on saturdays i go for yoga so he looks after poopy for a couple of hrs. but even then i can never relax, cos im always thinking of what he's doing etc.
    even w mum here, she tells me to go have lie down in the afternoons but i cant relax.

my perfect time out would be to sleep thru the night without waking up every hr to check on poopy or worry abt him.

it will be nice to go for a meal and enjoy it without rushing or thinking of feeding or doing things between feeds.
    it must be harder for you girls who are exclusively bf-ing...

I haven't breast fed Jazz since Thursday night coz I've been sick and all my expressed milk has been going down the drain coz as I mentioned the doctor recommened not breastfeeding while I still have the gastro bug and am on antibiotics for my sinus infection.

Matt had to get up at 2am to feed Jazz this morning, but he didn't change her nappy so at 6am when I got up to her, her nappy was full with wees and had leaked a tiny bit onto her clothes. I told him that if she wakes up in the middle of the night that he should change her once.

I gave her a bottle when we got home from daycare, then we all went out for dinner and she started falling asleep in the car. I was going to give her a bottle and then get her into bed but while I was fussing around filling up the dishwasher she fell asleep on the lounge chair so I just put her to bed without a bottle.

While we were out to dinner, I ordered the pumpkin soup and got a teaspoon and gave Jazz a little bit. She liked the taste but didn't like having a spoon in or near her mouth.

It's my birthday today had a nice peaceful day as the girls went back to school so got lots of sorting and cleaning done.

I am soooo tired.... Codie was having night mares so had to get into bed with her then Summy woke and wanted a feed and as i was feeding her Tahnie woke up cos her legs were aching and then by the time i got to sleep DH woke up going to gym so have felt BLAH all day. Had a glass of bubbles in the bath then had chinese and cake (what a mix) now ready for zzzzzzzz.

Hope you all had a great day

Trina xoxoxox

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRINA!!!
    Sorry we all missed it. Hope you get the sleep you need.
    Make that DH of yours take you out for tea on Friday or Saturday! I'm sure it wouldn't kill him!
    & now that you've done so much today, take some time out tomorrow. Have half a day off. I would say a full day, but I know that's impossible. Half a day is impossible!! But try.

Hey Trina a huge to you hope you get a full nights sleep as a present.

Trina

Sorry I missed it... Does that make you a Leo or are on the cusp of Cancer?
    Sorry that you had a rotten night sleep too - makes it harder to enjoy, at least you didnt have to cook.
    Did you get any nice pressies? i hope you did an im sure the girls made you really cute cards

We are going to start swimming lessons soon - im really looking forard to it.
    Also won a wooden high chair on ebay on the weekend, picking it up this week - cant wait

have a great day girls, i probably will be back later

SHELL - where are u? Hope everything is OK

Happy birthday!

Jazz is really not well. Last night Matt got up at 2:30am and fed her, then put her back to bed but she woke up about 15mins later screaming coz her nose was so stuffy that she couldn't breathe properly. So I spent about an hour trying to get her to sleep.
    I put the rocker in her cot and put her in there so she was sitting up a bit rather than laying flat on her back, made her room smell like eucaliptus, took her into the bathroom and put the shower on to steam up the room. We stayed in there for about 5-10mins, then I gave her the rest of her bottle and some panadol and she went to sleep and slept until 8am. We just got her dressed and went straight to daycare and told them they will need to give her a bottle straight away.

Matt's getting sick as well so that's fun. I'm kind of glad in a way that neither of them were sick at the same time as me coz now I'm almost fully better and can deal with a sick child more easily.

oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRINA!!!
    happyforyou:

Sorry your day wasnt fantastic. i hopethere's something for you on the weekend.
    But lots of love and hugs and kisses for you!! (Poopy said to tell you this)

a silly question. when you have alcohol, should you feed just before you have some? once you have a glass, how long till you can feed again?
    i dont remember anymore. been ages since i had a glass, soemdays i feel like i want one so bad.

Thanks all had a nice day didn't feel like my birthday but it never does on a weekday.

Prama if you have a glass of wine or whatever after you have put poopy to bed by the time you feed again in the morning it should be out of your system but IMO if you have a glass then feed them it isn't going to harm them unless it is every day.

Sat on my butt for a good few hours today Summer isn't very happy though so it wasn't exactly doing nothing cos she is very grizzly.

My nights aren't going very well ATM Summer is waking so much so am not getting much sleep at all, so hard when they are in your room you can't let them self settle cos there are other people in the room. SOOOO TIRED!!!!!! She is a huge wetter as well so every morning I have to change her completely.

I'm off to get girls ready for soccer training back later

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast