Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st - 15th 2008 #4

Danni - Yeah I couldn't get on & there were 3 others saying on facebook they were having probs. So it wasn't only you.

Jesse has started to kick around & enjoy splashing the water too. He normally lays back in a seat thing, but just before I get him out I sit him up & show him how to splash so he can have a go at it. He loves it. I need something to sit him up in now.

Question for allCan babies be constipated when they are teething? DJ has been constipated since Friday now.... I have tried Brauers Stomach Calm works for that day and then it comes back next day. He is drinking enough fluids so it can't be the cause..... He is teething, and I can see the white spots, looks like they will come out any day now.... So wondering if teething can cause constipation....

I have made an appt at doctors for him later this afternoon so going to ask them then, hopefully they will recommend a solution, he is so irritable and not his usual cheerful self.

i have ben trying to get on too...

Skye, good thing about the mattress on the floor. I guess they are all going to do it at some stage... im dreading the first time MJ realy hurts herself.
    With the rolling, MJ can do it, she just doesnt very much - more interested in other things. Anyone else finding this?
    BUGGER about the washing mach... ours is on its way out too - we are putting a little away so that when it does go kaput we have some $$ saved

MJ starts swimming lessons Friday - im so excited about it

Teach - i tend to agree with you about the socalisation...DSS was in daycare from one, 5 days a week (not that the lazy cow worked, just couldnt be bothered looking after him) 9-5pm and socially he wasnt as developed as kids that stayed home...
    Mothers group and things like swimming lessons are what MJ will participate in, also i am lucky that when and if i return to work, Mum will look after MJ as i dont want her to go to day care. Just my opinion thou

gotta go, she is awake and summoning me :P

Shell they can get upset tummies and the runs, not sure about the other thou, probably as it plays havoc with their system

Shell - both my girls got the runs that burnt their bums instead. I don't think I've heard of a bub getting constipated from teething. Sorry. I think seeing the doc is the best idea. Hope he can help.

I haven't been able to get on either....

Summer has had her teeth just sitting below the surface for so long now they are really bothering her but just aren't coming through, happened with all my girls, she has the rosy cheeks is furiously trying to bite everything is dribbling so much that i have to change her several times a day plus 5 or 6 bibs a day, runny poo and red bum. Poor little thing is sick too and is having a hard time feeding.

I think they get the runs from the excess saliva and the acidity causes a bit of rash.

I am not sending Summer to daycare until she is 2 or older unless i have to, Tahnie went before she was 1 but she had Paige with her. Nothing against it but i just want my baby with me as long as possible.

She is getting so strong she can push up off the floor i keep telling her she isn't allowed to think about crawling yet, she goes backwards as when she pushes up she slides back. She can move around the whole loungeroom now just rolling and rolling i usually find her jammed up against the couch.

Shell i have a little fear of being pg too, only have DTD once but haven't had AF yet so not sure where i am at, i feel so bloated and just YUCK atm i think i would definately be single if i was pg again don't think DH would cope (not that he does anything or helps or is even home long enough) hope you feel better soon.

Skye it's not good when the washing machine dies ours died last year and our dryer died recently it is always at the worst time.

SJ enjoy the swimming lessons i am going to do it with Summer but she has to be 6 months where i go only 4 weeks to wait. How is DSS going?

Prama horse is going well but might have to sell my other one as 2 isn't working too well in the same paddock plus he is being a maniac i am thinking about getting the girls a pony. Hope you are having a good time with your family, you have done well i couldn't spend that much time with mine i would have knocked one of them off by now hehe.

Off to enjoy my last hour of peace....

From what I know something in their wee while teething makes the ammonia really strong & reacts with the poo to give them the nappy rash. It can really hurt them.
    Last edited by ~clover~; July 29th, 2008 at 02:54 PM.

trina - 6 months at our pool too - but were happy to take her early - yay
    dont really want to talk about the DSS situation, will get too angry iykwim.

imagine if you were utd with #5 - you would need a medal!! i have AF now - this is 3rd time and back to 28 day cycle already!!!

trina - sorry about the horse.

shell - good luck at the doctor's

poopy isnt planning to crawl or sit up at the moment, he's happy rolling and break dancing. spinning fast on his tummy.

i cant wait to take him to swim class too. we missed this term, so will start in oct. there's another pool, the Ryde aquatic centre startng in aug but, the term's longer and more expensive.

poopy had his hair shaved off yesterday. it's a hindu ceremony, represents detachment from his previous birth. he's a baldy, looks like kojak. when i upload the pix, i'll post it!

Didn't end up taking DJ to doctors.... Doni had my car keys and I couldn't be bothered walking - too cold and windy. I got some teething gel for him and put it on his gums and I can fully feel his teeth coming through up top.

He is just really unsettled and the only thing that keeps him happy is having the nappy off and the musical mobile above him.... so doing that alot - good for him to have the nappy off for a while.

SJ - oh wow swimming lessons on Friday - would love to know how she goes I will be starting it with DJ when he is 6 months old as well. Can't wait. I must look into the classes and see if I need to book him in. Let me know how she goes. And thanks for tip re: teething and constipation..... It has only been since Friday and nothing new really in his diet except his normal formula...

Skye - thanks for tip on teething.

Trina - yeah I don't think I would cope at all. And yeah I feel the same, so bloated, and everywhere face, legs, tummy arghhhh so hopefully it is just my periods approaching..... My hubby would cope fine, I just wouldn't..... not mentally ready for another just yet....

Prama - can't wait to see pics of Poopy - he would be soooo cute

Better go

Shell xxx

It is very strange not to have AF this time as with each child i went on the mini pill straight away and that brought it on, not on any form of contraception as i have bad side effects from everything and am over it and said it's up to DH now.

Prama how cute little poopy cojak with a cute gummy smile. cant wait to see pics

Shell why do us women have to get bloating? so not fair i feel like a whale atm and am sick of feeling fat, geez what do i have to do?? go on a model diet??

Off to get girls to bed hopefully

Trina - that is exactly how I feel - like a bloated whale and I walked 33km on Sunday so you would think I would be feeling the opposite. Nothing I seem to do helps to lose the baby weight. I have been walking heaps and I still feel very bloated. Hopefully it is just AF coming, fingers crossed. Bought some fluid retention tabs today so hopefully they will help. They used to help me pre-pregnancy.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

No AF for me and no I'm not pg, just implanon! I love it! I had AF when Jazz was 8 weeks, then when she was about 12 weeks and haven't had it since!

Breastfeeding is just about over now. I can now go for the whole day at work without expressing and while I still BF first thing in the morning and also when I get home from work, I no longer have that painful full feeling and I can go without BF without much hassle. I know there is still some milk though. I have decided that as soon as I have no more milk, I'm treating myself to a sexy bra!

DJ woke up at 3am this morning and that was a rude shock for me, he normally doesn't wake-up until 5-5:30am eeeek I think it is the teething that is bothering him, poor bubba. I am on my second cuppa now to wake up....

Danni - I have been thinking of getting one of those done actually. And good idea as a treat to buy yourself a sexy bra. Since I have finished breastfeeding I need to get a bra fitting so I can get some new bras. I am still using my maternity bras!!!!!

I haven't had AF yet. I didn't get it with either of the girls til they were around 4 months. Even though I only bfed for 6 & 4 weeks.
    I still think I'm feeding too often to get it yet. I did have my depo needle when Jesse was 2 days old, but I lost my script for the second one & have been too lazy to go back to the doc. I'm pretty sure I'm feeding too often to fall pg, but we are being careful anyway. Well when it happens...
    I love the depo though. I don't get AF for the whole 3 months. I'm not game enough to get the implanon. I hate needles & the depo is enough! I've heard alot of bad stories too, so I'll avoid it for now.
    I'm finding my maternity bra's are really comfy. I reckon I'll probably keep wearing them after bfing. It would be good to wear a push up bra again though! To not have to worry about making sure I find them to wash every day - I only have 3 maternity ones, so have to make sure I keep up. It's too easy to forget to put one in with all the washing I've got!

Summer has cut both bottom teeth my big girl!!!! She is growing up way too fast.... They are both through one a little more than the other i'll have to watch my bbs now no chomping allowed.

I had implanon and hated it i had AF for months straight it was horrible but i know other people that love it.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
    Poopy is now starting to wake up at 5!!!

Dilemma - my manager sms-ed me yest saying there's training coming up just a couple of days after I get home. IT's a course I've been wanting to do for years and it's finally been approved.
    Steve will have to look after L for 3 days, which is goign to be really hard, as his routine/antics have changed so much since Steve last saw him. Plus I'll be goign so many hrs without bf.
    What do I do???? I really want to do the course, Steve doesnt mind looking after him, he's going to try taking a day off and working from home the other 2 days.But it's going to be hard on him cos L's changed. The course is in the city from 9-5..

summy well done!! you're a big girl now!

shell - hows dj feeling? what are those fluid retention tablets? can you take them while bf?

still havent got AF yet...

eeek - baldy awake. will try to post pix soon

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Teeth already. Scary! I keep sticking my fingers in Jazz's mouth to see if I feel anything. She chomps on my finger while I'm checking.

Jazz tries to sit up by herself. She must have good ab muscles now coz when she's laying down, she'll do what I can only describe as "crunches" to try and sit up. She hasn't quite got the balance yet unless she doesn't squirm. We bought her one of those kid couch things that fold out to a bed so she sort of sits on that with a pillow to help prop her up, but she often slides down.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast