Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

oh danni - how awful and unfair, for you and little jazz to get caught in the middle..
    hopefully your dad will miss jazz enough to come around and both matt and your dad can make peace.

will call dial an angel arrange for them to come at the end of hte mth when steve's away for work. then i can do the rest of the tidying up and tell him this is how the house has to stay! (here's hoping )

Ah crap Danni...... I went thru something similar with my step Dad years ago, it's so horrible, it took a long time but it all got better so here's hoping hun.... Chris also had a massive go at my Mum years ago told her to never come back and was just an absolute f-wit, I never forgave him for that as IMO even if you don't like your in laws you should never have a go like that of course there are sometimes reasons for it tho.

Yeah, nit sure if i would ever forgive DH if he did that to my parents tbh... but thats my situation...
    I hope this doesmt come and bite Matt in the bum, didnt your Dad help him get a loan, or did that fall through... i guess there is quite a bit of history...
    Sorry Danni, what a crappy situation for you

i forgot to say that poopy's favourite word now is Ta, whether you give him something or if he gives you something!!
    the other day, was giving a breastfeed before bed, and he had finished and came off and looked at me then said 'Ta'!!!
    i thought that was the funniest thing!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

That's so cute Prama. Jazz always says "ta" when she's giving us things, but hasn't got the hang of saying it when she wants something from us.

She got so excited at the shops tonight though because she saw Thomas the Tank and kept laughing and squeeling with excitement saying "Thomas Thomas"

One of the kids at daycare was so sad that she wasn't there on Monday & Tuesday coz she was sick. He told the FDC lady (who is his nanna) that he wanted Jazz. Apparently he was quite mad at his nanna. He told her "I want Jazz" she said that Jazz isn't coming because she's sick. He said "You go get Jazz and bring her here to me" When I arrived to pick her up on Wednesday he told me off and said "no, you no take Jazz from me" So cute.

We went out to the shops like we do most Thursday nights and got home to find a man walking around Matt's van which is parked on the street. We pulled up the driveway and he walked up the driveway. Turns out he lives across the street and he accidentally reversed his car into the drivers door of the van right before we got home. There is a massive hole in the door. The guy has a steel frame on his car as it's a work car and the steel frame ripped a hole through the metal of the car door!

He was really nice and so remorseful. Gave us his details and admits full responsibility (though the insurance being the way it is will say that we are partly at fault for just being parked on the road).

Matt rang our insurance mob and they told him to get a quote for the repair and send it to them.

Thankfully the door can still be opened.

Understandably Matt is quite upset and has declared that we are moving house before the lease runs out and before he gets a new van. We are moving to a quiet street, preferably where there is room to park 2 vehicles on the property.

Hi all quick note all been crook at home..again. i now have heart issues have to have loads of tests and wear a monitor scared the crap out of me promise to catch up soon xx

oh bron ... so so sorry... hope it's nothing too serious.. thinking of you darling..

danni.. looks like jazz has a boyfriend!!! lol

last sunday we were at a brunch party at SIL's for BIL (he got his PhD) and this 5 year old was hugging poopy all the time and kept pushing her off. then she gave him a big hug and kissed him and he pushed her away and crawled down from under her arms.. \phew.. maybe he already thinks he's goign to get girl germs or doesnt want girls who are too forward.. lol.. just wait till he's a teenager!

Bron, I hope you're going to be ok.

Matt just rang me to say that he's broken down on the side of the road. The battery in his van has gone flat. I made a couple of suggestions and he snapped...I don't know why he rang me!

danni.. is matt ok.. he seems to be on the edge lately fromwhat you've said.. hope he's not too stressed etc

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post
    danni.. is matt ok.. he seems to be on the edge lately fromwhat you've said.. hope he's not too stressed etc
    Honestly, I don't know. I know that today he's still upset about the damage to his van from the guy reversing into it last night. Also I know he hates the long trip to and from work and not getting to spend as much time with Jazz as he wants to.
    I think he's feeling down now that he's working that he didn't make the most of being at home and that he didn't have Jazz full time when he was at home. He wants to be a stay at home dad, a proper one who actually stays at home with the kid rather than sending them off to daycare 4 days a week and only having them one day.

Oh crap Danni! Matt is having a tough time it really sucks when lots of bad things keep happening that usually happens to me. I'm trying to change the way I think and think positively cos it really does make a difference (not that he would like to hear that right now and at the time i didn't think that)

Bron hope you are ok, if you need any help let me know. Keep us posted if you can sweet, I'm worried now

Went to Pink the other night was the most amazing unbelievable show i've ever seen, was so impressed. I'm feeling so lucky atm, Dave is so good to me. Just need to get my knee better which is taking its time..

Have a great weekend ladies

Bron - hope you are OK - are you wearing a Holter? thinking of you hun, let us know how you are travelling either on here of FB. take care hun

Danni - sounds like you are having an aw***l time, hopefully next week bring something better for you all. DH snaps at me like that sometimes, its horid, i dont know why they even boother to ring sometimes, it just makes everyone miserable.

MJ is now down to one BF at night now, the only problem is that she wont take milk... we have tried, full crea, skim, soy, rice... all heated or cold, sweetened or unsweetend and with no luck.
    Any suggestions????

Skye are you back on line yet?

Prama - poopy is so cute haha he is going to have the girls after him, playing hard to get !!!

Trina forgot to say i am soooooooo happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by Sammiejane View Post
    Danni - sounds like you are having an aw***l time, hopefully next week bring something better for you all. DH snaps at me like that sometimes, its horid, i dont know why they even boother to ring sometimes, it just makes everyone miserable.
    Apparently it's all my fault, he's only moody because I've been (in his words) "Ultra Dramatical" this week because I'm on my period.

I think Jazz is getting a molar.

She's always biting and blowing raspberries on us. Raspberries I don't mind but the hitting and biting is not good. She's getting so rough!

Quote Originally Posted by danniellabella View Post
    Apparently it's all my fault, he's only moody because I've been (in his words) "Ultra Dramatical" this week because I'm on my period.
    We all choose our behaviour... you dont make him behave the way that he is, he is choosing to behave that way.
    People interact in all types of ways, some days something can be said and we will laugh it off, other days we wont... its not the persons fault that said it, its us choosing to react.
    You may have low tolerance and being 'ultra dramatical', but how he choses to respond is his problem/fault... kwim???

Hang in there hun, tread lightly this week and hopefully he will get what ever is stuck up his bum out soon !!!!! I know its not right that you are having to be careful not to anger him, but its always give and take.... just make sure you are not doing all the givng all the time.
    His adjustment to work will take a while, try and be supportive and thank him for his efforts, you have no idea how those words 'thankyou' are recieved...

take care

danni - i wish men wouldnt use pms as an excuse to blame us for everything. often it's more like they've got pms than anything!!

sj - lol.. mj and poopy have to meet yet!

he was having his dinner tonight and i was putting away the plastic tub we take our clothes from the line with. i put the tub on my head and playing peek a boo with him.. baaddd idea. he thought it was fun and put his bowl on his head too!! lucky he had almost finished his dinner and whatever left fell into his scoop bib!!

PMSL Prama. That's funny.

I'm still not letting Jazz feed herself messy things. I really need to, for her development. She knows that the spoon goes in her mouth and I will sometimes let her take the spoon once I've put food on it. Often though I don't get the chance and she'll just snatch it from me...often this means the food that was on it goes flying though...
    She'll probably get the chance to feed herself tomorrow. I'm out all day with friends at a wine festival and Matt's lookin after her...then again, he only seems to do things like that if I'm home to clean her up.

danni .. we use two spoons, one when we feed him and he must have another one for himself. we are always use 2 spoons. we feed him and he feeds himself as well. tonight he had almost finished his dinner, steve was feeding him. usually at the end, when he's full,. he will shake his head and not let us feed him and just feed himself..
    that's what was happening tonight, steve was sitting next to him, as poopy wanted to feed the little bit left himself. and went to put the tub in the laundry and started playing w him.. rest is history!
    have to be so careful as they really start to imitate us!!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast