Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

We are moving on the weekend!

Jazz will be getting her room set up as a big girl room, with a big girl bed. We have to get some sides to put on the bed. We'll set the cot up, but it'll be for a "just in case" for a short time until she's used to the bed. I can't believe we're going to try to move our baby into a big bed! I think she's ready. I always said that when we move we'd do it. Wish us luck!

I hope she's not too unsettled with the move. She's really gone to a whole new level lately of tantrums and being naughty. She's started biting, pushing and hitting the other kids at daycare this week...oh, and she doesn't care how big someone is, she was pushing her cousins who are 6 and 7 years old the other day. I'm finding it really hard to control her at the moment.

HI girls ju

Hi guys,

just thought i would pop my head in
    Bron, what happened to your message?

All good here, MJ check up showed that she is tall and skinny (75th for height and 25th for weight!) but is putting on weight at an acceptable rate.
    THe MCHN was really impressed with her language, up to about 50 regular words now.
    everything else was good

MJ is doing really well with no nappies, i dont know if you remember me mentioning about Elimination Communication many months ago... anywany it has been a process we have followed since she was 6 mths old.
    this last week she has begun to vocalise her need to go to the toilet, asking to get out of the bath for a poo, we had a nappy free (and accident free) trip to the shops, the park and went on a walk.
    on average we are having one accident in the day (sometimes none), she sleep with a nappy though, day time is usually dry, but night time is wet...
    Most of the time she asks for to toilet, or takes me to the bathroom, but after nap/sleep i take her anyway.
    She is VERY clear if i take/ask her and she doesnt need to go though.

Massive step, hopefully we are daytime dry in a month -could be sooner, but i dont want to push her, she has just sort of arrive at this stage herself!!!

I can tell you (skye you would know) it is sooooo nice to see her without nappies and just a pair of knickers (she calls them her nic nic's) on, so cute, although alot of clothes for this age are designed for nappy bums!

Anyway, its my birthday tomorrow and i am feeling a bit down, we (DH and I) were meant to be going out, but it looks like he has to work. I am not catching up with anyone and the weekend is desingated for Father days.
    Seriously i am begining to hate my birthday, i always am disappointed, i know that i should be grateful, but i put in so much effort for other people and it feels like noone cares about me
    Sorry for the whinge!

Hope you are all well
    xoxo

SJ, I hope that you can have a good birthday. It sucks that DH has to work though.

Jay for MJ not wearing nappies though. She's a clever girl.

Jazz has settled into sleeping in a big bed fairly well. She first slept in it on our first night in our new house so she was a bit stressed from moving and a different bed. Perhaps the timing wasn't great, but by the 3rd day she was fine in the big bed, and just as I suspected, she sleeps much better. I think I've only gotten up to her once in the middle of the night since she moved into the single bed.
    She's in a full-size single but it's a matress on the floor until she can climb into a normal bed on a frame.

We've put all her toys in her bedroom...I had no idea she had so many toys! I'm so not looking forward to Christmas and her birthday because she'll get more!

I've also just started sitting her on the toilet before her bath each night. She hasn't done anything in the toilet, but still wees in the bath. The other night we had a little accident for the first time ever. We got her out of the bath and took her to her room which is right next to the bathroom. She went to her toybox to get a toy and then looked down and went "oh no". I turned around to see her weeing on the floor!

The move went well. Lots to unpack still though. We said goodbye to one of our cats who spent most of his time next door and they were so upset at the thought of saying goodbye to him, so I asked if they wanted to keep him and they did. I'm sure he'd be much happier with them and with not moving anyway. Our other cat is settling in well. He was allowed outside on his own last night, and he came home again which is a good sign that he worked out where home is now.

We'll be having a garage sale to sell heaps of stuff that we just don't want/need anymore.

We have new words and things now too.

New words:
    Oh No
    Eyes
    Ears
    Mouth
    Nose
    She's getting better at saying "Yes" but still usually says No even when she means Yes
    Up
    Benny (a kid from daycare)
    Brodie (another kid from daycare)
    Sienna (another kid from daycare)
    Love - but still can't get "I love you" out yet
    Me
    Jazz
    Oh Jazz (when she's done something she knows she shouldn't do she'll say this in a really annoyed tone - oops, I wonder where she got that from)
    Money (but when she says Money she's actually trying to say mummy)
    She will say mum when I say Jazz
    When asked a question but she doesn't want to say no, she will say Ummm. Like she scared Matt the other day and I said "Do you want to give daddy a heartattack" and she responded "Ummm" LOL
    Bathtime is another word.

When we were unpacking her toys, she was giving them all cuddles one by one to welcome them to her new room. When she saw her new room she said "Wow!"

Hi all its been way too long

Happy belated b'day SJ I know what you mean about b'days i have the same thing, everybody forgets mine too I'm used to it now unfortunately.

Hope everyone is ok.

I had surgery (most of you already know from fb) and its been 4 weeks with the stupid brace on and another 2 to go then i have to start introducing weight onto my leg again so crutches for another 2 or so weeks.. 3 days after my op i moved into a bigger house which is 2 storey and has a pool, spa adn lots of other cool things, i feel so much better being out of the house and have finally let go of the bad feelings of Chris and Laura, it was making me sick and he was a TERRIBLE husband and not even a good person to me so im feeling much better within myself the only drama going on is that he is trying to get out of giving me anything no money no super just walk away he keeps the house (we haven't made any money on it) all i keep is the car and household items WOW!!!

Summer is great she is growing up so fast its hard not being able to pick her up etc at the moment but she is being such a good girl. She is still a little daredevil and seems to get up to mischief all the time but she is just so cute i want to bite her.

hope you are all good.... anyone utd or ready for another yet???

We're in talks about number 2. I'm still not ready (and doubt that I every really will be...I'm terrified of having another birth like Jazz's).
    Nothing will happen for a while...at least not until we know if my job will continue beyond the end of this year. My implanon expires in April 2011 so probably wont happen before then anyway...maybe even longer.

Jazz is starting to get the hang of when to say yes and no, but still often says no when she means yes. Loves having yes no arguments with us and herself.

I took her for her injections earlier this week. Gave her some chocolate after and she stopped crying straight away when she had the chocolate. I said "You were a very brave girl weren't you" and she just said "Yeah!" in such a cute way.

She's also getting confused between saying more and no more. She'll have a drink from her drink bottle and then hand it back saying "more" but she doesn't actually want more.

Starting at a new FDC place on the 28th. She'll be going to the new lady on Mondays & Fridays at this stage and gradually increasing the days as the year goes on so she'll be full-time with the new lady by the end of this year. Can't remember if I said that our current FDC lady is retiring at the end of the year. She's still going to do some occasional cash-in-hand babysitting for probably $2.50 an hour and said that if the new FDC lady is sick on any days to give her a call and she should be able to help out. Think we'll find a way to still have contact with her. She's lovely and I know Jazz will miss her...I will to.

Hmmm not sure what happened to the post before..now cant remmber what I even wrote. L* SOrry havent been on for a while had a shockign winter really got very depressed and we were all so sick..mym folks were away for nealry 9 weeks and I felt very isolated. We have just come back from holidays in SMiths lake near FOrster. It was amazing with a great house we hired and loads of trps to the ebacj and just about every playground up there for daredevil Will. Cant say we are restged as such as it was pretty much WIlls holiday but was still nice to be somewhere other than home.
    We are having the tanties as to be expected at this stage though not to often more thorugh frustration than anything. And pure cheekiness at times. Lots oflanguage here too ears, nose, toes, bath, shower, towel, cup, strawberries, bannan , tanas ( sultanas) cheese, milk, car, bus, truck, ball, bluey, movie, bean, roary, beach, cold, hot, nappy, mummy ,daddy mama, missy ( cat) poo, up , down,dummy , cup tea yummy, chicken and starting to make a few little sentences. He is a real parrot as they all can be.
    He came to me the other day patting on his nappy saying " Pooeeey and swiping his nose" then laughed. SO this is the big hint and now its warmer we will also so start with the toilet training especially now the language is really coming along.At the moment his WIll is still pretty much a toy to stretch and play with in the bath and he has only ever wet ont he floor once and was horrified *L*
    He now also insist on eating everything with his fork yoghurt inclided so all take a little longer no and can be a little messier. Still ahving days where he will eat next to nothing then pigs out next day.
    WIll is a real climber and we spent yesterday moving so many thigns about and putting new latches on different doors and moving furniture away from easy to reach things. We are tryign to teach him what not to climb fo coruse but he is a determined little buggar at times and last night while i was on the loo he climbed up over NIcks ndesk and emptied a can of drink on his keyboard ( that will teach him to stay tidy)

AM starting on Light and Easy next week and joined the gym through work Got ot get some weight off as am in such a bad way and wil have no hope of having another baby being as I am so wish me luck. I am thanking K RUDD for Light and easy and for over estimating our income this year. Got a huge bonus back after tax time with FTb etc and its nice to know there is money in the bank that we didnt expect.

OK enough of me..Trina how on earth have you been coping being in a brace moving and being in a 2 story house?? have you had any help hun. I do hope this is a positive change for you and the girls you deserve it after a such a crappy year.
    Danni sounds like the move has gone well good for you guys. FINgers crossed your work is extended.
    Prama.. am feeling the need for a mountain trip :-)
    SKye girl havent seen you on FB either hope all is ok...
    SHell you have been really quiet ont here too
    Sammie..bummer on the birthday hun sometimes you end up feeling a bit unloved huh like nobody makes the effort when you always make a big deal for everybody else. Maybe you should say next year..I am going away for the day and treat yourself if nobody else Will. Maybe NIna will read this and kcik some butts into gear to make your day special ChIn up hun. Well done MJ on the undies you clever girl!!!!!

Ok got to go change WIll.." poooooey yuck" so have been told. HOpe you guys are all doing ok promise to post more and pay more attention *L* Posted quite a few pic son FB if anybody wants to sticky beak
    Love to all
    Bron xx

Hi guys
    Missing you all so much!
    I'll come back tomorrow. Just spent almost 12 hours in the car coming home from a week at IL's. Jesse had a lovely chuck in the car when we were only an hour from home...just gave him a cuddle & he smells a bit off, so I better get him in the shower! I'm not sleeping with that smell!
    xx

Ok. I got 10 minutes.
    Gotta book Jesse & Bri in for needles today. Must remember! Oh & ring Bri's speech patholigist, who still hasn't gotten back to me!

Jesse's a feral little boy! & such a boy, lol. Loves his cars, trucks, motorbikes, footy. Spent the last week following BIL everywhere. BIL plays footy, so they'd both go outside with their footballs & kick them around together. So cute! Jesse got up this morning, came out here & before he came anywhere near me, he went & got his football, lol!

He's saying heaps. Well he's trying to say everything. Everything I say he'll try to copy. I'll see if I can remember some of them... Ball, bike, truck, car, ta, toast, apple, bath, poo, wee, Dave (BIL, lol) light, clock, footy, guitar (tar), bin. Ummm...they are the words he says himself. There are more. Others he will copy.

He gets confused between toilet, bin & laundry...I find rubbish & nappies in the toilet all the time. Coz I'll tell him to put them in the bin or the shed & for some reason don't watch where he goes. So funny.

Bri cut his hair last week! I just keep it brushed down so you can't tell! I don't wanna cut all his hair off

I think he's been to sheltered. He doesn't like things moving. Scooters, swings. He'll sit/stand on them, but if they move he wants off. Doesn't like it at all. Well, cept his bike.

OMG I got a crap load to do today!! Gotta get this car unloaded, washing started, house clean, start on Anths tax (finally got his group cert!!) Just noticed Boof has tried to put a movie on...2 DVD's poking out of the DVD player! Nice.
    He's such a rat bag...I'm loving every second!! Lol.

Oh & we finally got tooth 7 & 8 over the last week! Just when he starts sleeping through! The first 2 teeth in 10 or more months!

Oh, thinking about taking the sides off the cot if I get the chance today too. Didn't get the time while Anth was home.

My car is going (again). Anth's blew up though. Gotta get a new motor for his. Gotta get a new fan belt in mine before it goes & costs me even more money!!

OK. I'm off. Gotta get these kids out of the shower & get started on this huge list of things to do!
    Talk later guys

hi girls

SJ so sorry to have missed your birthday

trina - so good to hear you have a lovely house!!!

bron - cant wait to meet up, babe!! let's confirm the date yaay

skye - bummer abt the car...

danni how's jazz 's tanties?

looks like poopy has the most minimum words here, but we understand what he wants!

anyway, sorry for the short post, flat out at work and not feeling very good. steve and i have decided to go for some counselling for our marriage. im just not at a good place now..

love you all

xoxxo

Lol, tantrums. I'm not allowed to vacuum the floor anymore. Jesse screams the whole time coz he wants the vac himself!

Prama - hope you are ok hunny

thanks skye:

poopy "swept" the kitchen for me hahaha

i EXPECT no one to utter a word of this outside of her.
    We are in a 2ww
    will let you know if anything come of it.
    Not convinced as i think we DTD a little too early, my cycle is a bit over the place.

birthday sucked. i think that i will take your advice and go away for it next year!
    Either that or ask for nothing and expect nothing.

Been away for 4 days, was awesome great to have a break.
    DH is hectic as ever, dont know if we can see the end of the tunnel, its so hard on him, we thought that after all this time it would get easier, the 12-16 hr days are killing him.

Bron good luck with light and easy, loads of my friends have done it with great results.

gotta go

Remember

hi babe.. hope there's good news!!!

sorry abt ur b'day..
    im so sorry i missed it.. was in m'sia and lots happening then..

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617