Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I just bought a book about skin problems in children, not that Jazz has any but I thought it would be good to have on hand JIC.

I hope Caitlin gets better soon Jo.

we havent had a good couple of days. poopy has had a fever of 39 degrees on and off. we took him to the gp and he also has a chest infection and gave some antibiotics. he doesnt want to eat.. he seems fine at day care in the morning but gets crook in the afternoon. he also has red spots on his face and a small blister at the corner of the mouth and sore throat. if his fever doesnt get better, i want to take him to westmead children's hossy to check if it's foot and mouth etc.
    steve's taking tomorrow off to look after him, ironically i have a first aid training tomorrow but only from 8.30 to 4. if it was a normal work day i would have stayed home.
    yes, it's certainly been pouring here, one t hing after another since january.... sick of us being sick.. my poor itty bitty. i broke down and cried today..

Prama

Thanks guys. Went to doc and she confirmed that it is hand foot and mouth. She said that one of the most common places to pick it up is from a shopping trolley which makes sense especially in Caitlin's case. We haven't been around kids until today for 3 weeks! Was supposed to have mg at my place, I'm glad I cancelled it.

Prama, if you are at all worried about poopy get him checked out unfortunately with HF&M by the time the sores show up it is too late and they may have already passed the virus on by sneezing/coughing/drooling although they are still contagious while the sores are visibly weeping.

Now I am scared of HF&M and will get one of those trolley cover things when we get our tax stimulis payment this month, already spent the FBT one.

Jazz has a new favourite thing to do and she thinks that it's the funniest thing...shaking her head!

I'm also trying to teach her about body parts and what they are called. I've been doing it for about 2 months now but she still isn't touching the part when I say it. Should she be?

Every child is different Danni some might be able to point to body parts at this point most wont..too many other things in their world to learn atm.

AM home alone..for 10 days NIck has gone to England. MUm is only aorudn the corner but still gonna be weird abit emotional about it all really.

Morning girls,
    Hope everyone is feeling better.
    Bron, those 10 days will fly by and Nick will be home in no time!
    Skye - yep i am loving the swimming, last night i swam a km and thought right thats done, but i just kept going, it was only that DH and I were going out to dinner that i stopped, i could have easily continued.
    When i was younger i swam squad, so its sort of second nature. I had a terrible day at work yesterday, really stressful, felt like i was going to vomit at one stage... so much pressure - give my a pooy nappy anyday!!! Anyway i did a bit of retail therapy prior to going to the pool - couldnt go while all the lessons were still on and then just lapped and i felt the stress all release and by the time i had dinner with DH i was in the best frame of mind.

Scared myself silly yesterday, didnt realise that Easter was NEXT WEEK!!! i leave for England (will just miss Nick, Bron - where abouts will he be) on the 23rd April, which is 2 weeks after that. i have so much to do and honestly i am really really worried about the flight, MJ does not sit still well and is totally uninterested in TV - 24 hours on a plane is going to be fun (NOT) Hopefully she sleeps the first leg (midnight flight Melb to Malaysia) but the following 14 hours will be interesting to say the least. Think it would have been easier if she was not walking.
    Hardest part is that i am doing the flight alone.
    Anyway thats enough of that - any advice would be greatly appreciated thou!

Jo, hope Caitlyn is doing better, what a scare

take care all
    xo

Hi all its been ages since i've been in here.

How are you all?

Always heaps going on in my life, we've been away for a couple of weeks which was nice went to Dreamworld and i had a girls weekend in surfers which was very very funny.

Summer is growing up soooo fast, she has her bottom two molars now plus her front 4 top and bottom. She is such a beautiful little girl even though she keeps me on my feet so busy climbing stuff and into everything.

I will have to try and get some time to go over the posts to find out whats been happening I just don't seem to have the time or patience to sit and read for too long there is always something to do.

Hope you are all well xoxo

Good to hear from you Trina!
    Bout time you came back for a bit
    I saw some pics of you on your girls night out! Looked like heaps of fun!
    Glad you had a good time & hope everythings ok with you guys

well i am sick as a dog, got a bad cold, which has turned out to be the flu and to top ir off i have an ear infection, i cant hear out of my left ear, im totally swollen and feel like poo.

To make matters worse its school hols so have DSS with us, yesterday i fell asleep on the couch in the morning, DSS was with DH, luckily MJ was OK, i felt terrible though I had a temp of 39 and was so dizzy, BUT what happens of somethig happened to her while i slept, i felt like such a bad Mummy.
    Not on really strong Anti's as i am still BF and it will pass to her, so i just hae to deal with it.
    To top it off, i cant call in sick for work tomorrow, we have a MASSIVE project happening and because i am going overseas in 2 weeks i have to be ther this week and next... grrrrh At least i will be OK on the plane, couldnt imagine feeling loke this on the plane.

Trina = great to hear from you, glad that you are doing OK, when you get a chance, let us know a bit more, dont worry about reading back, things change so quickly here, its just great to hear from you

Bron how are you doing without Nick?

gotta go, having a hot flush again, i am really dreading work tomoroow

oh sj - hope you feel better.. it's so hard to look after a child when you're not well yourself. hear you on the ABs.. is there anything else you could take when you're bf? maybe during the night when you dont have to bf?
    hope you get some rest this weekend..

great to hear from you trina! lol, yes it has been ages!!
    how are things with you? on a personal level.. you were seeing someone before, how's that going?
    summer must be running a million miles an hr now!

poopy's walking all by himself now and occasionly falls on his bum.. yesterday morning, it was hilarious, he escaped fr his baby gate and as steve came behind him, he gave this big cheeky laugh and shut the gate before steve could get to him. i laughed so hard and poopy had this look like he thought he was soo smart!
    and then when we were abt to leave for day care, he found one his shoes amongst ours. he then went and looked for his other one and then sat down to try to put them on. it was so funny. cos he had socks on and wanted to put his shoes as well. i told him we are just using socks for day care.. we dont need shoes unless we are going for a walk.

cant wait for the weekend.. we're not doing much.. so will be nice

missing all of you..

it's getting quieter and quieter here... hope you girls arent leaving this thread....
    shell it's been ages since we heard from you.. hope all is good.

OMG...this weekend is my reunion.
    We are headed out to ILs on Friday, reunion is Saturday night.
    Heve to leave Jesse with the ILs. I'm a bit nervouse about it. Kids aren't invited. He doesn't know them too well, but he'll have the girls with him. I'm sure he'll survive a few hours, lol.

He nearly escaped dpwn the stairs yesterday. Jazz went down to get her shoes & shut the gate behind her. The little turd shook it til it opened & tried to walk down.
    22 steps mind you!
    I heard Jazz scream & run up the stairs, then she was screaming 'mum help' at me.
    She'd caught him on the 3rd step.

Thank God she was there. I was in the bedroom getting dressed. I had no idea what was going on. I had visions of him down the bottom on the tiles... Scared the **** out of me.

We've got a house lined up. Hope this works
    No stairs & a flat yard!
    65 raleigh st scotts head - Google Maps

ooh skye.. i could so live there!!!!

Well, Jazz hardly crawls at all anymore. She's also starting to do actions to songs, like she rolls her arms while singing "wrau wrau wrau" for the song "The wheels on the bus go round and round" and watches intently when I sing twinkle twinkle little star to her and points up in the air when I get to the "up above the world so high" part and will sometimes sing "twoo twoo" when I'm singing "twinkle twinkle"
    She now says "Buddy" when she sees our white cat (his name) and laughs and says "cat" when she sees our other cat and she chases the cats around and gets upset when they are fighting with each other.

If I say "where's _____" (a particular toy or object) she'll usually either point and say "der" or she'll go and pick the object up.

She's started throwing things and then saying "oopde" (oopsy) or "uhoh"

And now she' walks around the house yelling either mum or dad depending on who she wants. In the morning's she'll call out "daddy, daddy" and I'll say "daddy's at work" and she'll go "oh" and for the rest of the morning she'll call out "mum"

Ooh, there may be a change of plans!
    We were going to ILs for the long weekend, then Anth was gonna do the council clean up for 6 weeks working for his dad. (He worked there til about 18 months ago.)
    So I was gonna stay out there for a week or so of the holidays, but Anth just got a call about a job!!!!
    Its not the one he was waiting for, he applied for a gutter mesh job, but it's where he used to work up here in the meat freezers.
    He's just gone in to talk to the boss (who used to work with him & they were good mates ).
    The other guy he'll be taking over for finishes up tomorrow, so Anth will either start Friday, or Tuesday. (Being Easter weekend more likely Tuesday.)
    Either way he's hopefully got a job!!!!!!!!!
    Not a bad paying job either! (Well as long as its gone up like most have since he last worked there.)
    Only problem we had with it before is that it was shift work. One week 6am starts, next week 3pm starts. I'm hoping they'll put him on one, though night shift is higher paying than day shift.
    I spose if it still changes each week we should both be able to handle it a bit better these days.
    Night shift is more $$$, but he'll never see the kids if he's on nights all the time.

Oh well, I'm getting excited! To be able to have money!! To buy chocolate bikkies on occasion! Our groceries the last few weeks have been potatoes, bread, apples, sao's & what ever meat I can afford on well under $100. Basic rations really.
    OMG to be able to do decent food shopping! To be able to go out for dinner or something on occasion! To be able to pay bills!!! (Yay )

YAAAY!!!
    He starts the job on the 27th.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast