Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

Hi girls,
    Please forgive the crash - just dropped in to say hi to Prama! Hope you're feeling better! It was lovely to read about your mothers day present - our DD made us an Easter basket (ok, so she painted it and someone else glued it!!! ) at daycare and I thought it was the best thing ever! Our Mother's Day gifts weren't dry on Friday so I'll get it on Monday!
    Stay in touch and take care!
    Hope all the other March-Bubba-Mothers are well - Happy Mothers Day for tomorrow!
    Lily

Hi girls, just a quick one as i have limited internet atm
    coming to the end of our stay, we leave on Wednesday night, arriving home on Friday morning... cant wait tp see DH and MJ reacattion to him, she has really started to miss him and is calling his name...
    Had a fab time with friends, nannas birthday on Tues, Mum will find it hard to say goodbye, she is not in a good way, so i think this visit may be the last time.
    Anywho, i hope all is well, happy motherdays to you all xoxo
    DH has revo'ed our laundry so it will be great when i get home.
    take care and will post more when i get back.
    Lily - hope your pg is going well

Hi guys!
    Going to look at our house today! Yay!

lily thanks so much for the wishes!! cant believe you'll be getting 2 mothers day pressies next year!! so exciting!! i havent stalked ur belly buddies thread in a while, will come visit.

sj - so glad you are having a good time.. hope they can come visit you in melb. hope ur mum's ok.

skye - show us pix of the house!!

danni - so glad matt is doing so well!

hi everyone else!

bron hope you had a wonderful mothers day.. steve said the other day.. would you like to go to bathurst to meet your mate, we can drive there!!! hmmmm

Oh prama that would be fab.its along way to come even if we met half way in the mountains or something I would love it!!!
    Sounds like you had a fab mothers day and got spoilt rotten. Did you cry like a baby when you got poopys present I ddi I got a laminated book mark with Wills finger prints all over them and a huge heart shape card covered in hand prints.I was all teary and now knwo why every year despite ocmplaing we laboured over making gifts at work for mums day. We had a nice lunch with my mum and some friends and I got a bit of an afternoon naptoo.
    How you doing? I have been all over the shopi since off my Ad not sure if it was the right thing to do but am persevering.

Very excited we got a new car on the weekend..8 years old in fact but ours was 16 years old and had 320000 k's on it. So is nice to drive something a bit newer.

Skye great news on the house I bet the kids will love having the yard and you too. Enjoy ( I hate moving *L* hate unpacking form a holiday too so have fun with that)

Danni good news on the franchise hope it all goes well for you and Matt and good te hear thigns are getting better for you guys

SHell hope Doni is enjoying his new job and that DJ is feeling better after being so cik poor little man.

Trina how is summer??? is she still sick hope you are ok

hehe bron that sounds like a good idea, huh! would be fantastic to meet for real!!!
    oh yes, i cried.. im so proud of my itty bitty. makes it all worthwhile!! i'll have to take a pic and upload. i brought the bag into work to show-off and they all laughed at me cos i was so pleased and said im such a proud mum.
    AD - were you on anti-depressants.. i didnt think u were.

yaay. new car!! esp after the last one had so many problems..

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Jazz is being really difficult again. She was just starting to get really good at going to bed at 7:00pm each night, straight after a bath. She would take a bottle and I could shut the door and leave her to drink her bottle and put herself to sleep and it was great while it lasted. Since Friday when she had her flu shot though she's been a little terror. Friday night I can understand she was feeling crappy and in pain. I was too so I expected her to be like that. But Saturday and Sunday she has been really difficult to get to sleep. She's clearly tired but as soon as the light goes out and she sees her bottle she goes into fits of screaming and pushing the bottle away, thrashing about and this goes on for up to 2 hours! I don't know if she's just feeling a bit crappy (she's got a really runny nose) or if she's teething or what it is. She's also starting to have this reaction anytime she sees a bottle no matter what time of day or night it is. She'll take water from a cup or sports bottle with no problem, but refuses to have a bottle. Does that mean that she could be ready to give up the bottle altogether or could it just be that she's feeling out of sorts?

Hi guys. Just got home. I was gonna take pics, but I felt rude, coz the people were there.
    If they'd have been out I probably would've, lol. As soon as we get the keys I'll take pics though
    Its great. 3 brm, b/ins, ensuite, flat fenced yard, paved under cover area as well as balcony on the other side. Fire place, bath tub, clothes line, lol!
    I'm so excited!! Handing in my notice here this arvo.
    Oh & all for only $255 a week

ooh skye - sounds a dream!!!!!

Danni sounds like a combination of it all really and growth spurt. They really are exerting their wants and needs now. Can I suggest that you dont associate bed with a bottle anymore. Its not reccomended that children go to sleep with a bottle becasue the milk coats the teeth and can cause decay.It may take a little while for her to dissasociate it with bed so you might have to try give it a little earlier. Good luck I am finding WIll is trying me out every day atm but i Guess its all just part of it huh.

Hi everyone, it's been so long since I've been on here. Hope you are all good and I'll try and read back a bit on what's been happening but i'll write now otherwise it won't get done haha.

All is ok here atm, as most of you know Summer had a seizure last week, I took her to the creche at the gym, she was a lil grumpy but was getting two top molars and an eye tooth and she always gets a bit of a runny nose so all the week before i wasn't concerned, she was fine when i dropped her off and i worked out and was back 2 hrs later to find her extremely hot laying in a bean bag, they questioned me about a rash she had and I said its prob cos she is so hot.... So i took her outside and stripper her clothes off and walked to the car cos i wanted to get her home and give her some panadol (the creche is in a tent which is very very hot it is there until they finish renovations) so i opened the car to cool it down put down all windows and then tried to get home asap then i heard her making a noise so i looked back in the car seat to see her having a convulsion... I FREAKED out and even tho i know what to do with a febrile convusion i felt like i should have been doing something and went into shock people came running, called an ambulance and the first aid people from the gym brought oxygen out... luckily a lady took her off me and walked away so i didn't have to see her. I know its a common thing but im really angry that nobody helped her and cooled her down it may have prevented it. I feel a bit traumatised i know it sounds silly but i keep seeing her little face when she was fitting i thought she was going to die (in the moment i had no idea what was going on i know she wouldn't have died but that's what i thought) We got the ambulance to the hospital and she was all ok very tired and worn out which is normal. She spiked over 39deg every night until Sun then came out in a measles looking rash but Dr's just kept saying its some sort of viral rash. She has no temp and rash died down but now is grumpy grumpy grumpy and cries a lot even in her sleep she woke crying about 6 times last night.

So sorry for the long story... Apart from that I am looking at moving, this house is way too small and the ex is being painful. He is still with his GF and I am over men completely its all about my girls now. especially after the week i had last week.

Ok so apart from that horrible bit Summer has been full of life, running climbing and getting into everything. She is such a beautiful little chicken and makes me laugh all the time. The older girls are driving me a lil nuts atm, because it is colder they can't play outside as much and because this house is so small they make such a mess.

I am looking into doing a fitness course so am a bit excited about that, might as well do something that i love.

I will make sure i get back on here more regularly. Been on and off depressed and never have much happiness to share just crappy stories

Trina xoxoxoxoxo

Ok read a few pages back....

Crap Shell that sux about Doni getting retrenched, I got retrenched a few months back and just no jobs up here so not even bothering. I remember you saying that he has a new job so how good is that, hope he enjoys it is it the same sort of work? just as much travelling?

Bron Hope you are ok hun, its hard when you feel crappy and sad and nobody understands if you ever need to talk any time im here if you want a chat. I have avoided AD only because i haven't really seen a Dr about it and also i only seem to stay depressed for a few days at a time (sometimes longer but i don't recognise until it's almost over) how cute Will making you a mothers day pressy

SJ what an awesome time you must have had, hope you slip back into everything ok sometimes hard getting back into the swing of things.

Skye YAY on the house bet you are stoked babe...... do you have a date yet? Looks like I'm moving out of my house so gonna start the process of looking at rentals.

Ok hope i didn't forget anyone fill me in on anything i might have missed

Its so good to hear from you Trina! Missed you so much
    Having your own place will probably be easier. Come in here any time you need to. Happy or sad we'll all listen to you. If you ever wanna chat.
    Hope you feel better soon.

That seizure of Summy's must've scared the crap outta you. I really hope it doesn't happen again. But I'm guessing now its happened, its more likely to happen again.

We move into our house on, I think the 2nd or so of June. The first Monday in June anyway.
    Last edited by ~clover~; May 12th, 2009 at 04:39 PM.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

After reading about Summer's seizure I started instantly imagining it and thinking about what I would do if something like that happened to Jazz and I started to feel sick to my stomach at the thought of it so I can't even imagine how much worse you must have felt that it actually happened.

Tonight instead of giving Jazz a bottle I put a bit of milk in a sippy cup and Jazz drank it with no dramas at all, there was no screaming and throwing (she normally grabs her bottle and throws it at me straight after grabbing it). Just before the bottle I gave her some nurofen and she took that with no dramas, in fact, she didn't want to let go of the siringe when there was none left. She kept sucking it and wanting more.

She's just started doing the palms up, shoulder shrug that you would do when indicating "I don't know" or "all gone" She'll do it at the same time as saying "uh oh"

Jazz sings now. It goes something like this:
    Me: Twinkle twinkle little star
    Jazz: Haw wa wa wa hu-chuar
    Jazz: Hupdebovde
    Me: World so high
    Jazz: Li a de de
    Me: In the sky
    Me: Twinkle twinkle little star
    Jazz: Haw wa wa wa hu-chuar

Then she walks around the house going "hu-chuar, hu-chuar

Jesse did that with the nurofen tonight too Danni. He woke at 10 last night & was up til 12.30, so I'm hoping the nurofen keeps him asleep for a bit tonight!

We've got Bri's speech therapist appointment tommorow. The one she missed over the hols was just the hearing test. Not a huge drama, have re booked for June 4th.

Gawd, so tired after last night & being up at 6.30. Off to bed.
    Night all
    xxx

i think they all like their meds, when i gave poopy his abs the last time, he said 'more. more'.. lol.

hope bri goes all right, skye.. xoxox

I've had to force Summer to have her panadol and nurofen the last week, she purses her lips together and clenches her teeth now that's hard having to pin her down hold her arms and force a syringe into her mouth but has to be done haha

I'm having a lazy day (again) Summer is still asleep and i have done nothing..... Might be going back to gym tomorrow so making the most of my laziness.

so cold when you are doing nothing almost makes me want to get up and clean..... Nah!!!! ok over that idea. Im off to have another cuppa and more food

Lol, Trina. Cuppa sounds too good, only I have to force myself to do the house work first. I haven't been home for 3 days, its starting to smell in here, nice! (Last nights dinner, meatballs smell so gross the next morning! Or afternoon, lol)

None of my kids like panadol, but nurofen & abs are easy. Bri's on abs ATM coz her eczema got infected. She's reminding me for it, lol.

She did well at the speech therapist today. She's really smart! You don't realise til you see them do those assessments & things just how clever they are. I've been tossing up weather or not to send her to school next year. Just had a chat to her day care teacher & she reckons, yes, be ready, but if things aren't so great at the end of the year, then keep her back another year. I didn't realise alot of schools (especially private) have brought the cut off date back to mid March rather than July 31. Bri's June 5. I always knew I'd have to make the decision, just based on her readiness, but her teacher reckons at this stage to send her. & really, things can only get better, huh. With day care & the speech therapy. She should be fine.
    Its a relief, but still on my mind, lol.

Anyway, I gotta go get this house organised!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast