Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 1st-15th 2008 #9

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Skye: hope the car gets fixed soon.

Jazz took an hour to get to sleep last night, then I put some vicks on her chest and feet and within 2 mins of doing that she was fast asleep and slept all night until I woke her at 7:30am!

hi Guys,

havent had a chance to read all that has been happens, just skimmed really.
    We had a fantastic time away, 3 weeks of one on one time, it has been amazing and sounds awful, but i loved not haveing any internet, no distractions from my little girl, we played and did so much tgether, honestly i think that it was the best thing that i have done....

HOWEVER she is now exceptionally clingy...
    when we were away, if she woke in the night, she would come straiaght into my bed so that she wouldnt wake the house up - i did like it, but it is not something that really cant continue at home as DH smokes and she figgets so much that no one really gets that much sleep.
    She is suffering horrifically from jet lag atm, going there was fine, she slotted back into her sleep pattern immediatley, which is bed 7-7.30pm, wake between 11-1am (come in to my bed while we are away or pat to sleep at home) then wake at 4.30-5.30am for a feed then sleep again until 7.30-8am
    Now that we are back, she will go down well at bed time (i usually feed to sleep anyway) but will wake at about 10pm... then if she comes into bed with us or lies in my arms, she will sleep on and off until 2 am, waking every 30mins, sitting up talking, moving around changing position and occasionally crying. Around 2am she wants a feed, and she feeds for almost an hour, then she will sleep until the morning without stirring. She is buggered in th day, but i cant let her sleep as she needs to get back into the right day night pattern...
    We have tried (unsucessfully) to get her back to sleep in her cot...she will cry until she is picked up (patting wont work) and the fall asleep in my arms, if i try and put her down it wakes her and she starts crying, actually its screaming and begging me, calling mum mum mumma, we tried last night to resettle her in the cot and it was the most heartbreaking thing EVER i was in tears, DH found it really hard too...
    In the end we got her off to sleep, but she work every 15-20mins in tears. after 2 hours, we broght her in bed with us. and she still did her usual thing until 2am.

I am exhaused, i have not caught up from my jet lag and i dont know what to do.
    Dh and i thought that maybe we will try resettleing in her cot again tonight, again it woll probably take an hour of crying, butshe has to learn to go back to it, doesnt she???
    Is it too early, should we let her just sleep in our bed until she is back into a better sleeping pattern and then start it?
    The big thing that is playing on my mind is that i dont want her to resent her Daddy, he wasnt away with us, and now that i am home i sleep with him and not her kwim???

I have also thought about getting something to help her sleep, i dont want to, but if it was me suffering, i would take something so that i was back in my sleeping pattern, shouldnt i then do the same for her.
    I just feel so awful about it.
    She is at FDC today and it was wawful leaving her....

BRON/anyone else - how do i assist her sep anxiety when i leave, its been bad for a while (prior to going away) in that when she knows i am leaving she starts l\clinging to me and when we peel her off me, it just starts her crying. She stops soon after i leave, buts its heartbreaking.
    Today i stayed for 15 mins and we had a play together and looked at the new toys that were there, but it didnt seem to help. I hate it that she is so distressed by me leaving

Trina - so sorry about Summer, hope she is OK now, it must have been awful for you.

gotta go anyway

SJ.
    I would have her in your bed maybe til she gets over the jet lag at least. I always put Jesse to sleep on me or in our bed, then put him in the cot. He'd be in with us more, but we only have a double bed & as he's getting too big, its getting too small, lol.
    I'll be moving him out of our room again when we move in 2 weeks too. That should be interesting.
    I hope leaving her at DC gets easier soon. Bri does the same when I drop her off, but its completely different coz she's older. I have no suggestions at all. Sorry. Just more

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking but by the time I get to post I get interrupted. Life's been a bit crazy. My son broke his leg playing basketball so lots of DR's appointments and driving to and from school. Almost fully recovered so that's one less thing to worry about. It was such a pain having two kids that couldn't walk.

Paddy did the funniest thing today. He's only been taking afew steps off and on, prefers to crawl. Well I bought him some shoes today and he loves them. After we bought them he wanted to go to every shoe shop in the place. My boy has got a shoe fetish! When we put them on at home he walked around for ages, it was hilarious. I love the way they respond and understand what your saying.

Prama loved your photos, you look great in red!

Bjrose it sounds like everything is looking better despite the car hiccup.

Danni goodluck with the new job. I hope the franchise thing goes OK.

Trina hope Summer's feeling better and things start to look up. I'm sure once you move you'll feel better.

SJ you lucky thing. Had a great holiday and now you've got to pay the price, sucks doesn't it. With the seperation thing I had it with my eldest and the only way was to rip the bandaid off quick. Try not to drag out the goodbyes because that can increase the anxiety. Sometimes if you over explain what is going to happen that can also confuse them. Breaks your heart I know but they recover quickly, much quicker than us. Don't know about the sleep thing. I wouldn't keep having her in my bed coz that's just another habit to break but it's you that's got to survive. Maybe a mattress in her room? I know your hubby works a lot but maybe he needs to schedule in some daddy daughter time and then she'll have a much stronger bond and take the pressure off you.

Hi to everyone else I've missed.

Yours always lurking ...

sj - hugs to you!! it's hard when you are jet lagged and mj is too and doesnt understand it..being out in the sun is the best for jet lag, maybe it might help mj being out and running around and getting tired? and have a nice long hot bath before bed.. if you're not doing this already...

Maybe to calm her down, have her in your bed with you and dh so she calms down and settles and gets to be w her daddy too. maybe at this point is for her to settle then you can slowly introduce her cot again?

could you ring tresillian or karitane and ask for advise.. sorry hun.. it's so hard esp when you are exhausted too. xoxoxox

Jazz has started counting! I can't believe at less than 1.5 years old she can count to 10 (sort of).

We start out by saying "One"
    and then she'll go:
    "Shoo, eee, orrr, iff, ix" then we have to say "seven" then she'll go "aiiii, niii, ZEN"

And she's also responding to yes no questions with a shake or a nod of the head (well, nodding is more of a nod of the whole body).

I've just submitted my application for a new job. Now to wait!

Prama, doing all of the things you are suggesting. I think that it is a matter of time.

I have noticed that she wanted a feed aroun midnight, which was 3pm in the UK - the time that she use to have an afternoon feed... last night i gave her a sippy cup of water and she lay down sipping it, she drank a bit, so she obviously is needing it, i think that her body clock is just still out of whack.
    I think that for the time being we will attempt to settle in the cot - have settled the first wake up, then an hour later she comes in with us, she is actually getting better but its hard as i am so tired.
    slowly i think it will get back and then she will go back into her cot more - we do put her down in her cit first thing though and she is fine with that (well she is asleep when she goes down.)

I am sure that i told you all that one of the reasons for going to the UK was to take MJ to meet her great Nanny, it was her 94th birthday when we were there.
    She died last night
    I am so glad that i took MJ to meet her and the there was a bit of quality time. I have some lovely photos of the two of them and although MJ will never rememeber it, i think it did the world of good for My Nanny those days that we were there.
    Mum unfortunatly has to get back on a plane probably this weekend and go for the funeral and other arrangement. Poor Mum, she is sad, but glad that she saw her this last month, she was getting worse and knows it was the best thing for her.

Selfishly this is going to affect me too, with Mum away, MJ is going back to FDC 3 days a week and i dont think it will be great for her sep anxiety or jet lag at the moment. Oh well, i am sure we will all cope

Teach; great to hear from you, glad your son is better, what a crack up about Paddy going into all the shops, MJ has a shoe fettich too, but being female its a bit more acceptable i suppose!!! her favourites are a pair of Welly (Gum) boots that we got in England. She picks them up and walks over to the table so she can hold on and lifts a leg to try and put them on or wait for me to help... so cute.

She is talking heaps more now too.
    Danni MJ is counting and singing too, its so exciting isnt it! I think that they dont really understand the numbers though, its just repeating at the moment, the understanding will come later, but so good anyway. Good luck on your application.

Hi to everyone else, Tired and back at work and now wishing that i wasnt after finding out about my Nanny

SJ sorry to hear about your Nan

Typed out a huge post the other day and it didn't go thru, so annoyed oh well.

I am now playing soccer had my first training last night and it was awesome might be playing my first game this Sun if all the registration goes thru. Might help me cos I'm not doing too well atm everyone keeps telling me to just "get over" chris and his gf playing happy families with my babies plus all the other crap that needs to be done to get divorced and also just life crap too, its all too much and I'm not coping at all. Oh well **** happens hey...

Hope all your monkeys are doing well and are happy

xo

SJ, sorry about your nan. Glad that you had that time with her though.

Jazz has just gotten the hang of sipping on a straw. I bought a cup with a straw a while back but she didn't get it at all, then the other day I though I'd just try again and she did it! She was so pleased with herself!

Hi guys. Things are crap again
    Our phone got cut off, but its ok. I might actually be abl to get organised to move lol.
    I'm not worrying about sorting it out til after we've moved, so I'll be away for a bit. need the money to move & fix the car. Its hopefully done. Took it in today.
    Sorry about your Nan SJ.

Gotta go. Later guys
    xxx

Thanks guys

Skye - sorry that things are a bit crappy at the moment. Hiopefully things will sort themselves out soon for you how's the sewing going???

Trina - i dont know what to say, its so easy to say just get over it, but there is a lot of history and despite the fact that you have 'appeared' to have taken this in your stride to the majority of people (those who flippantly say 'get over him') i am sure that there is a lot of hurting inside you.
    I have told DH that he cant ever leave me as i could never share MJ, honestly i cant begin to think what that must be like for you.
    i dont know what you are going through so i am not going to pretend that i do, im always here for you, PM me if you need a vent. Take care of yourself and everytime you kick that soccer ball or punch the air (i can imagine you doing a boxicise form of fitness) channel all the hurt into that... you dont even need to pretend its him or her as thinking like that will continue to cycle the bad feelings, just use it as a release.
    I hope your registration goes through so you can play on Sunday and more importantly i hope you are OK - take care of yourself and have some relaxing down time too xoxoxo

Bron, Prama, Shell, hope you are OK

sj - im so sorry to hear abt your nan.. you are going thru such a hard time at the moment. but i think your nan left being very happy she got to spend some wonderful time with her daughter, grand daughter and great grand daughter, I bet she must have been super proud and blessed to be with 3 generations of women. and mj will have all those wonderful pictures....

do you think mj might sense her nan has gone? babies are very tuned into these things. (not sure you believe in the spiritural)

trina - i've missed you very much. in my opinion, i feel it's insensitive of ppl to say 'just get over it'. you;ve a long history together and 4 beautiful babies. and someone took it away. ppl expect you not to deal or grieve over things and not cry. you;re supossed to put on brave front. it's all crap. i dont understand why ppl think someone should be strong and hold your head high etc. some eastern cultures allow wailing and crying for a lot of things...
    anyway, you have a lot going and it's not fair. you were seeing someone at one stage... im sure you'll find love again.

skye - sorry things are going wrong at the moment... it really sucks... just when things were going well. it will again..

danni - good luck w the job!!
    poopy isnt speaking much yet.. girls tend to be quicker than boys. he understands heaps and is doing lots now..

What the? I was just typing and then squished a little spider that was on my desk and the post disappeared! Grr!

What I was saying was something like this:
    Trina it sucks that people are expecting you to just "get over him" it takes time. I've heard that grieving over a divorce takes longer than over the death of a partner because death is final, where as with divorce, when kids are involved, the person is always part of your life. I'm sure things will get easier one day, but it takes time and people need to understand that.

I've been really really tired lately. I think it's because I'm doing so much and keep going to bed at 11pm or later, then get woken up in the middle of the night most nights and then have to be up at about 6:30 every morning for work. I need to try to have an early night and might ask Matt if on weekends I can have a sleep in on Saturdays and he has his sleep in on Sundays. The reason I want Saturdays and not Sundays is because I have to get up and get me & Jazz ready for church on Sundays...only thing is that Matt can't stomach changing dirty nappies and she always has a dirty nappy between 7:30-8:00am which means that I would be getting up at about that time to change her...still, that's a sleep in these days! I'll just try to go to bed earlier.

I really need to get motivated to get off the net and do some work. I have heaps to do, and I want to go to the gym soon too.

Thanks for all your kind words, I've missed you all on here xoxo

I have been going thru depression for quite a while but it comes and goes I tend to pull myself out of it but i have been bad since Summer's little incident. I have used alcohol as a means of medication and in the last few weeks i haven't been drinking so there has been nothing to numb my mind not saying that i drank all the time or even everyday but a couple of drinks would take my mind off life. And I have cut out a few people that were causing me more harm than good so have had heaps of time with nobody at all around and no drinking and so my mind has been going non stop...... Might be what i need to move on a bit.

How is poopy??? It is so horrible when they get sick and prob hearing of summer having a seizure from a high temp has made you worry that bit more when they get hot and it wont come down easy. Kisses to him hope he gets better quick.. Poor little Summy still isn't 100% she has a horrible cough now.

Skye you and I don't seem to be able to have anything go right at the mo. Hope things improve for you hun xoxo

Thanks SJ I go ok for a bit then hit rock bottom again suppose that's normal i don't know. I know I am taking it out on the kids too which isn't good and i can't help ask questions about her plus i can see pics etc of her on the net which I really really shouldn't do cos it makes me angry.

I should get off my bum and do some housework its been weeks and i can't seem to get anything done, the house is a mess and there is crap everywhere

hope you all have a great weekend

Trina xoxo

trina - thanks.. he's happier today.. but yes, when i saw 40deg.. i kinda freaked. i stayed calm, tho and gave him some neurofen, stripped off his sleeping bag and socks and sponged him. but his temp stayed around 38.8ish.. so we went to the hossy. yes, i was scared he might get a seizure.

hun.. if you just wanna chat, i could drive up to you on a weekend, and we do lunch or something and poopy and summy and get aquainted

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast