Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #7

Welcome Jodi, we have a bit in common! I live on the north shore in Sydney. I turned 30 two months ago and Lucy's bday is the 10 March. We are still bfing too, although Lucy still has 3-4 bfs a day. Lucy thankfully does sleep thru the night, when she isn't sick with a cold (which she is atm, although should kick it quickly, she usually does). Lucy didn't used to fall asleep on her own, I would cuddle her, but she got to a point where she didn't want that anymore and now only needs to be laid in her cot and kissed goodnight.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Oh and I had fabulous news today girls. Went back to the opthamologist and it looks like I made the very slim chance that my eye would heal properly!! So no need for anything further, no need for a cornea transplant and it might even have improved my sight!!

Off to bed...

Hi Jodi! Welcome! Yay another boobyfed bubby past 12 months! Well done!

Jen - FANTASTIC news about your eye! How frightening tho. Our eyes are so precious, it's awful to have anything go wrong. Hope you have a quick recovery and wow at it actually improving your sight!

Well, for some reason, the last few days, Tallon has got really smart! LOL. All of a sudden, he's doing and learning many many signs.. I'm actually going to have to get the book out and learn some more myself! (Thank goodness he's signing.. coz there's no real talking yet (only a little bit that only I can decipher LOL) so at least he can communicate what he wants to me). For some reason, he knows where his nose, mouth, ears and hair are! I have done it a few times with him, but not actually taught him, but he knows them! LOL. He now understands the concept of drawing.. instead of focusing on the pencil, and wanting the pencil to chew on.. he actually watches what I'm drawing and gets excited if I draw things he knows, like a bird or a duck. He's had a little go at drawing, but can't hold it properly yet hehe. He moves the pencil over the paper laying flat.. does't realise that it's the end of the pencil that draws. umm... what else has he learned in the last 3 days. Oh yeah - he climbs up on the furniture. OMG that is a PAIN!! I can't leave him alone at ALL now, coz all he does is climb up on the lounge and runs along it, and then tries to climb higher by using the arm of the chair. I'm trying to be consistent with the no standing on the lounge, only sitting, and he does sit down when I say to, but then promptly climbs up the back of the lounge again. So bit of patience needed there methinks!

He's also become very affectionate lately. If I ask for cuddles or a kiss, he runs up and wraps his arms around my neck. Love it The cuddles disappeared for a while, so nice that they're back

OK.. gotta run, gotta drive DH down to the train station.

Cya girls!

Hi girls,

Welcome Jodie!!

Well been very very busy lately and this 2nd pregnancy of mine is giving me grief a little bit as very sore in the private parts and down the inside of my legs this time round. It is mainly bad at night time when i go to sleep. Very true every pregnancy is different. Gosh i was lucky with the 1st pregnancy!

Tayneesha is all grown up now she thinks she is a big girl she is now doing the following:

1. Can help me in the kitchen making pancakes and coking etc etc. Loves it really vute
    2. Loves to push her pretend shopping trolley around and go shopping etc
    3. Plays dollys all the time and trys to feed dolly and all of that like i do with her.
    4. EATS MEAT LIKE ANYTHING NOW!!! CLAP CLAP!
    5. Sleeps through the night only wakes once or twice if teeth giving her grief or feeling unwell but rarely.
    6. Walks and toddles everywere
    7. Climbs up and down things
    8. Loves to help her carers at daycare by rocking the cots with the baby babies in them
    9.Can draw
    10. Occupies herself in her room and plays
    11. Loves giving cuddles and kisses
    12. Loves the park with slides, swings etc etc

Gosh alot to list but basically she is her own little person now and is all grown up!
    We are going on a picnic for easter and spending good quality time with Tayneesha this long weekend as DH works very hard during the week we have our own carpentry business so very demanding and hard yalla etc etc. Good for him to have a break and all of that!

There has been cases of Bronchitis (i think thats how you spell it) in Cairns lately and has hit alot of toddlers and babies etc, I have heard as well it is going around in Melbourne too? Tayneesha has had a slight cough chesty it sounds and runny nose etc so i am home treating at the moment and seems to be fine just worse at night and early morning etc. Fingers crossed it doesn't develop to be worse!!!

I am all ready for round 2 now as well and i am just wanting her to come out now. Tayneesha loves to kiss and patt her sister in my belly it is so damn cute! The obs have said that this bubba may be bigger than Tayneesha was had the gestational diabeties test and all clear so thats good. But i am thinking god Tayneesha was 10 pund 5 what will Shayla ( this is going to be her name) be. Ahhhhhh! I have an open mind though and not stressing too much.

We had major probs with our computer last week so i had to do a complete system restore and start from scratch again. What a pain in the butt that has been. Stcky fingers Tayneesha wanted to help as well and it took twice as long as it should have! Lol

Well must be off not much else to report at all hope all is well for you all.

Jen

Hi there all!
    Hope all mums and bubs are going well.
    I have some wonderful news, my sister has had her 2nd baby, I finally have a nephew! He was born on Wednesday afternoon at about 3pm. He was 9lb 1oz and 51cms, head of 34.8cms. She had a drug free natural birth with a few stitches on the outside. His name is Seth Alexander. Breast feeding well which is good, when my sis had my neice Spencer, she had such a strong suck that Jess's nipples were red raw and bleeding. She only fed Spence for about a week. Hopefully Seth gets the boob for longer. Both of her births have been really easy, the doc broke her waters with Seth after 1pm and he was out less than 2 hours later and the same thing happened when she had Spencer. They borke her waters at 5:30pm and Spence was out at 7:37pm. She had gas with Spencer but no other pain relief.
    So it is 1 down and 7 to go, I have my SIL and CIL due in early July, two old workmates due in Late June, best friend from school due in August, friend due in October and have just found out my other friend is due in December. It will be great to spoil them all with gifts.

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO LIZ, WHO'S JUST CONFIRMED BABY NO#2 IS COMING IN DEC!!!!!

Wow, another March baby buddy who's going to be a Mum of 2 soon - go Mums!

Yippeeeeeee,congrats Liz!!!!!!!

All our love and hope you have a H&H pregnancy.

Yes i am still here just need to find the time to get typing. Both boys well, house slowly coming along. I promise i will do my best to get a proper update in soon.

A very big (and belated ) welcome to Jodi and Abby
    Last edited by kas; April 13th, 2007 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks guys - doesn't feel real yet! LOL. No symptoms yet, and Tallon's still feeding like crazy. I only did one hpt too... maybe I should do it again just to make sure! LOL.

Well, we just discovered that Tallon's cut 2 molars up the top! that explains the GALLONS of drool lately! He also cut a tooth next to the four bottom ones the other day. Mum reckons that could be the reason he's had a cough the last couple of days too. *shrug*

Steph - wowee at all the babies due! and congrats on your little nephew too

ok.. gotta go. Talk later!

Welcome to Jodi and Abby (GREAT name! ) and congrats again to Liz ... fantastic news!!

not much going on here. Abby is doing great. Getting to bed at a normal time now- ohhh soooo cool to have her in bed by 8ish. Shes cut 4 new teeth, the first 4 molars. we have had some issues but nothing serious. Shes going thru a very needy phase at the moment and screams the house down if she thinks Tim or I are leaving, even if we go into the next room. Its really sad and i hope it ends soon. Now that work is finished we are spending so much time together and its been wonderful. Nothing like an eight week stint as a working mum to make you appreciate spending the whole day with a beautiful happy smart fun little friend... siighhhhhh shes just so wonderful.

A friend had his baby (well, obviously his DF did) on friday... got the pics today, those beautiful brand new hands and puffy little lips.... I must admit that Liz's news and seeing those pics of my friends baby are making me a tad clucky (AGAIN).......

Yeah, Em, IKWYM, we have friends who split up at Xmas and have only been seeing each other to swap the kids over and they've managed to fall pg in the last 6 weeks... Always happens to the wrong ppl! So glad you aren't one of the wrong ones Liz!

Lucy started doing something new the other day. I could hear her going "Brooom, brrrooom" from the other room and looked in to see her driving a toy bus backwards and forwards on the floor. She also did it yesterday when my gf's kids were pushing her around in a box. Says it for all cars, must have picked it up from when Mum was here a couple of weeks ago. It's very cute! Third tooth on the top just came through and 4th not far behind. Nearly eight teeth. Wow at Tallon cutting his molars already!!

CONGRATS TO LIZ!!!! HOW EXCITING FOR YOU, TALLON IS GOING TO BE A BIG BROTHER! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately my sister's breastfeeding isn't going well, she has already asked me for the breast pump because her nipples are sore. I haven't got mine anymore so I am looking on the Net to find one to send to her. Hopefully she keeps the feeds up with him in the mneantime, she has some nipple sheilds which I gave her that should come in handy.
    Hope all mums and bubs are happy and healthy!

Hi Steph - just a quick note to your sister. If her nipples are sore then her attachment is probably the issue. I would either have her call the ABA or speak to a lactation consultant at the hospital. She needs to make sure the baby has a mouthful of breast, not just nipple. If baby isn't attaching correctly the nipple rubs on the baby's palate and causes friction = pain. I would also suggest using lanolin on her nipples to help them heal in the meantime. Expressing a little breastmilk on them and letting them air will also help, but in my experience the lanolin was a godsend. I'm probably only telling you stuff you already know, but just thought I'd put in my two cents in case it helped!

Hope she has some relief soon.

We bought Lucy a little ride-on car on the weekend. It was her bday present from my Mum but we had heaps of trouble finding one that we thought was suitable. Went to Toys r Us in the end and got this little plastic one that has handlebars and buttons that play music. It'll only last her about 6-12 months, but for $30, we thought it was okay. She doesn't really know how to sit on and move her legs to get it going, but thinks the music is hilarious. I can hear the tunes playing and peek outside and she's bobbing her head up and down to it! I'm trying to teach her to ride it, I'm sure it won't be long.

Lucy learnt to hop down the side of the deck onto the garden bed yesterday. It isn't far, but oh boy is it getting hard to contain her! She's outside in a flash as soon as the door is opened and will play out there for ages, just running around and picking things out of the garden (and putting them in her mouth, goodness knows what she's eating! ). I make sure she wears her hat when she's outside to get her into good habits. And she's definitely getting taller, she can reach up and pull things off the table and my desk now. This morning a plate of toast went all over the floor 'cause I didn't realise she could reach it.

We went to play at the park yesterday. Lucy had her first go on the swing and the slide. Laughed and laughed on the swing. She didn't want the little slide, kept going over to the bigger one. The bouncy see-saw thingy was also a hit, except she bumped her head 'cause she was bobbing it up and down in time to the bounce. Didn't seem to bother her, straight back up as soon as the tears were gone. We're going to buy her a swing to hang under our deck so at least I know she'll like it now.

How many naps are all our toddlers having now? Lucy's morning nap it short now, only half an hour or so. And it takes her a little bit to go down in the afternoon as well, she plays and then complains in her cot for 20 mins! And she's definitely tired,

Must go, milk bar is being opened (tries to help herself these days)...

Jen - how cute of Lucy liking the big slide at the park. Liam loves the slide at a local restaurant that has a whole heap of kids stuff to do. He was cacking himself last week. LOL at the toast. Liam likes to "help" on the puter!!! His typing skills are just wonderful. We have no luck with the hat situation. He hates them. Usually 2 sleeps. One that last for about an hour and the other anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. But the last few days he has only been having one really big one of about 3 hours. Oooops about the friends who split who are now expecting.

Steph - i hope you sister is having an easier time with the breastfeeding.

Emz - Liam too is very clingy ATM. All i have to do is pick up my car keys and walk out the door and he starts screaming. Same as when i leave him at mums to go to work, so now she comes out to the car to get him and that seems to be making it easier and there are less tears. Let that clucky feeling last a little longer. I am sure 2008 will be here in no time and you can start DTD.

Liz - How are you feeling? Have those symptoms kicked in yet?

All still going well here. I am sooooo glad school hols are almost over!!!!!!

Take care all.

Hi Kas - good to hear from you!! Sorry to hear Liam is getting upset when you leave him behind. I'm sure as soon as you're out of sight he's having a lovely time. Although at least you know you're loved! Lucy barely gives me a backwards glance when I leave her at my gfs to go to work. And often when I get back (at the end of the afternoon) she's not that excited to see me. Sometimes excited to see bbs, but clearly hasn't missed the rest of me... Probably has something to do with the fact she has a little playmate and his two big sisters when they get home from school. That's what I tell myself!

Off to have an early-ish night. We got home from the shops just after 5pm with a sleeping Lucy. I put her in her cot, thinking she'd be up within half an hour for dinner, but not a peep and it's now 9pm! So I'm probably in for a midnight wake-up, but I'm heading to bed early to make sure I get enough sleep...

Hello all,
    So i have about 2 weeks to catch up on.

Liam is now trying to run!! He is very confident in walking and climbing stairs and the last week or do we have been teaching him how to get off our bed safey. He loves to wander the toy isles at the shops or when we are at a furniture store or similar place.

At the start of the month he decided that feeding himself his own weet bix was fun....messy but fun!!! Most meals now need to be bite size or non sloppy so he can do it himself. However saying that......He has been off his food - even the guaranteed favourites- for about a week and waking in the early hours of the night so maybe more teeth are on the way or he is getting cold. From memory brad was a similar age when he did the same thing for a couple of months. I am really struggling with food ideas ATM what he loved yesterday he now thinks is poison and won't touch it. ???????????what to do

His second tooth arrived and is just as crooked as the first (i think i may have already posted that?!?!?). And he still only has the two. He is slowly getting more hair, almost to the point he gets minor bed hair! I guess being blonde and really fine doesn't help make it look like heaps either.

Liam loved easter. He is now a glorified chocoholic. If he sees someone eating it he needs to have some too!

Controlled crying has its good days and bad. I really need to pinpoint the exact time to put him into bed otherwise he winds himself up and gets too upset to settle himself and on the other hand if i wait to long he is overtied and it just takes forever. I think i have about a 15 minute window of a successful chance.

He loves to play peekaboo- he covers either his eyes or ours and waits for us to say "where is...." before he uncovers and laughs. Last week he discovered he could blow rasberries on his arm, the lounge (leather) my chest, my boob when he was having a rest at "booba" before bed, so when i showed him on his belly and then got him to do it to me he thought it was hillarious. Considering he never use to like us doing it to him!!! Liam and Brad now take it in turns and the game can go on four a good 15 minutes, i just need to get it on video.

I guess thats time up for me-i have woken him up with all my typing. House at a stand still due to rain. I just need to keep telling myself its only another 9 weeks and we will have plenty of room!!!!

Hope you are all well

Hey girls, sorry I'm not about much. Got a touch of morning sickness each morning, and it takes me sooooo long to get going each day.

Kas - Tallon's the same! I saw him try to run the other day, thank goodness he hasn't tried again just yet! LOL. He's been playing "where's Tallon" for a while now.. hides behind the couch and peeks around the corner. Too cute. He even runs and hides in the pantry LOL.

Well, we bought bunk beds a couple of weeks ago, and they arrived last saturday. So we've set up just one as a single bed for Tallon, but I haven't got any bedding to go on it yet, so haven't even had day sleeps there yet! hehe. He's been able to climb off the bed safely for ages now (comes with co-sleeping I guess hehe) so that's not a worry. It's so cute to have him wander up the hallway looking for me when he wakes up through the day. He just happily gets himself up and comes and finds me

Well, Tallon has been feeding through the night a lot lately and it's wearing me out He was cutting 2 molars not long ago, and he also had a cough for about 2 weeks. He's been dribbling like crazy again lately, so I'm wondering if more teeth are on the move. I never know until they cut through tho! I wouldnt' normally mind the night feeds, but they're draining me with the morning sickness I think it's coz I don't refuel with food & drink in between feeds at night, so by morning I've had it. Aah well, will just stick it out I guess. Usually by late afternoon I've got energy back and feel better.

OK, must go. Sitting here sipping hot water to settle my tummy.

Catch up later!

Hey girls, great to hear from you!!

Liz, sorry to hear you've been down with the m/s, when did it ease up while you were pg with Tallon? How many weeks along are you now? Lucy has been able to get off our bed for quite a while too, she sleeps with us after her morning feed at 6am (used to be 5am). But I'm not game to put her to sleep on her own in our bed, just in case she rolls off in her sleep. At what age is everyone planning on going from cot to bed? (Lucy's cot turns into a bed, so no need to buy another until #2 comes along)

Kas - great to hear from you! Lucy is the same as Liam when it comes to hair, very fair and very fine, and not much of it! We get all excited when you can see it a bit messed up after a sleep as well. She's up to tooth number 9 nearly though, they just suddenly started appearing all at once in the last 6 weeks. Four on the top, four on the bottom and a few more not far away on the top. Thankfully only uses them to bite food...

Lucy knows where her belly button is and finds mine for me too, it's so funny the way she grabs her little pot belly and sticks her fingers in her belly button! Also into feeding herself with her spoon, but surprisingly not messy. I can even reuse the bib for the next meal most times. But given Lucy's love of food I'm not surprised she doesn't want to waste any! One of her favourite games is being chased and that really makes her cackle with laughter.

Well, must go, she's decided to have a late morning nap today (kind of dropping them a bit) so I can get some work done! Hi to everyone else!

Yeah - DH plays a RAR! game with him, makes him squeal and run away. I told DH to ease up, coz now Tallon always runs away from him! LOL.

Jen - how cute Lucy finding her belly button. Tallon's taken to proudly lifting up his top these days and patting his belly. He's also started to undress himself (which is a pain in the butt.. coz next will be the nappy!), and then picks up clothes and puts them on or over his head and proudly walks around. He had my bright pink undies on his head the other day.. I got a photo of it LOL (they were clean btw!!) He also takes my slippers off my feet and tries to put them back on. If he finds a sock or something he puts it on top of his foot.

It just amazes me how cluey these bubs are! Yay for all our clever bubs

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast