Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2006 #7

Thanks girls, makes me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one! Jen, I hope your DH is better now and you aren't running around after him. Sounds like our fights are very much the same as yours - why is it they think they're always right?!

Still looking for the place, but I've got one tomorrow and hopefully another in the next day or so.

Lucy is having her 1 yr immunisation tomorrow, poor poppet. Can't believe it!

Jen - how did Lucy go with her immunisation???? I hope she handled it ok...and you also! Liam got a slight rash on one of his arms about a week later like they said may happen but it didn't effect him in any way.

Liam is getting much better at walking behind his bike and DH has tried to get him to go solo between us but it is more like a graceful reach and stack than what i would call walking. No sence rushing him I say!!!

I am off to Sydney on Saturday night to see Priscilla at Star City. From all reports it is great, so we are all looking forward to kid free time, a nice dinner before hand and the Mardi Gras traffic on the way out! Didn't realise that when we booked!

Liam is trying to help me by pushing the keyboard tray in and out so i think i might go and put him to bed and get organised for work this arvo.

See ya

Hi been mia in here for awhile now! I have been catching up with the april mums when Declan was supposed to be born any how just thought Id let you know how we are going!
    Declan is 72cms and 10.25kg has been crawling since 7mths and stnading not long after has taked 2 un assisted steps and so close to just running he will walk beside me holding just one hand so cute! Still waking at least 3 times a night and having 2 sleeps in the day. His eating has gotten better starting to have chunks finally!!!!!

He just woke up best be off!

Hi girls

Kas - my gf went to see that last week and had a wonderful time, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it! Liam sounds like he is getting the hang of walking with support so it probably won't be long b4 he takes off on his own. How old was Brad when he started walking?

Lucy was okay at the drs, obviously cried at the injections but recovered very quickly and was back into the files and everything else she wasn't supposed to touch... Seems fine since, I guess her little legs are a bit sore, but hasn't dampened her spirits. Also weighed her and she's 8.85 kgs!! Unbelievably, my tiny little thing is catching the pack. Have to book in at the ECHC too now.

Must go, house hunting this afternoon. Possibly over in the next day or so, fingers crossed!

Hi Becky! Sounds like Declan is growing up as quickly as all the other bubs. In case you haven't had time to read back: Lucy is 8.85 kgs and about 75 cms, doesn't wake at all during the night now (hallelujah - had an awful time about a month ago!), still bfs 4x a day and has 3 meals + snacks. Eats normal food, usually our leftovers or sandwiches, etc now. Started crawling at 8 mths and was pulling herself up straight away. Took her first steps at 10 mths and is now a pro - runs around everywhere! Having one nap in the afternoon and usually one in the morning, but not always. Her favourite thing is books and being read to. She's reading to herself in the lounge right now, so cute.

Hi girls, just a quicky!

Tallon is doing a lot more walking now! yay! Still only between objects, like from lounge to lounge, or to come to one of us. But he now often chooses to try and walk first before getting down and crawling.. so it won't be long now!

I guess I better think about 12 month needles soon huh. I don't need to make an appointment.. just turn up. So I should try and remember to do it on time this time! hehe.

I'm looking forward to getting him weighed too.. I think my boy has shrunk! LOL. All his clothes are baggy on him now. I've been assured that it's very normal for them to go through skinny phases when they're on the move. He's getting taller, coz his pants are all too short for him.. but they're all too big around the waist LOL. I'm not surprised at all tho really, the amount of energy he expends when he plays.. omg.. wears me out just watching him!

We've had a couple of rough nights.. he keeps waking for feeds. We've had a pretty good run with sleep lately, but these last 2 nights he's been waking. Hopefully it's just a growth spurt. Maybe he's trying to put his weight back on LOL.

Ok.. gotta run. I left him eating his cruskit.. better check on him. I can hear him singing out there for more. LOL.

Oh.. btw.. Jen - Tallon loves books too! he goes nuts when I ask him if he wants a book. LOL.

Cya!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Hi girls I am still here, will read up on everyone tomorrow, but just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten!

Liz - I am so sorry the nasty witch made her appearance today!

Hi Relle

How are you doing?

Liz - oh well, just another fun month of TTC ahead of you! March is probably a better month anyway, after all, it's when Tallon was born! Maybe it's your lucky month... Tallon sounds like he's growing taller and I'm sure with the great job you're doing bfing him he'll be stacking it on in no time! I know they usually get a bit skinnier when they're running around so kind of expected that with Lucy but fortunately she's been eating like a pig at the same time. Seeing as she has always been light I don't think she could have afforded to get much skinnier.

Well, fingers crossed March is a better month for us. We looked at a place this morning and are going to put in an application. We've seen it b4 when I was pg and decided not to bother moving so it would be strange to move there now! Wish us luck!

Hi All.
    Jen ~ Hope things with you and DP are going better, it is awful to have arguements, even the smallest one can make you get down. How did Lucy go with her immunisations? I am not looking forward to taking Cailan. I haven't booked my TLR surgery yet, still a few tests to do, I have to have an ultrasound to see if I have good blood flow to my ovaries and to check the tubes have not broken. Fingers crossed it all goes well.
    Has anyone else heard anything about the 1yr MMR needle apparently being a trigger for Autism?
    I had my birthday on the 28th, when there is no 29th I celebrate on the 28th. Tony took me out for dinner and a movie and also had my necklace fixed, it had a broken link, so I was so happy about that. We have pendants that join to make a circle. I have a sun and he has a moon. They are special so I am glad I can wear mine again.
    Have an appt with the child health nurse this morning for both DS2 and Cailan so hopefully I will get some good eating tips from her. I have had them both sick for almost 2 weeks now, it has been horrible, esp since DS2 was running a fever.
    Got to run, love to all mums and bubs.

Hi girls

Steph - hope you and Cailan are feeling better, you poor thing. Hope you had a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY and how nice of DP to do something thoughtful like that for you. Must have been nice to have a night out to yourselves, you could snuggle in the back of the movie theatre like teenagers! Good luck with the u/s on your TLR.

Well... just when you think you've made a decision. We put an application on one place on Friday but found a heaps better place on the weekend that is much more expensive but has a granny flat that they are happy for us to sub-let. So that would bring the rent back down to affordable levels. It's beautiful and HUGE - four bedrooms plus a parents suite, family room, dining room, lounge room, big deck and an inground pool! So we are going to take the chance (granny flats are really rare around here and usually rent quickly and easily) and try for that one. I would be soooo happy, so much room I could lose Lucy in the house!!! What a change from the little tiny two bedroom cottage we're in atm! We'll have to find more furniture! So I'm very excited and hoping that we can sort this out today or tomorrow morning. DP is delighted, he didn't like the other place very much and feels like he's getting something he wants with the pool. Guess we'll only be able to use it for the next month or so, but there's next summer to look forward to. And I can finally have my family down to stay without cramming them in.

Anyhoo, Lucy is off with her godmother today so I'd better get to work in earnest. Hope everyone else is well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TALLON AND LUCY!!!!!! HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY WITH PLENTY OF SMILES.
    OUR BABIES HAVE TURNED 1 YEARS OLD TODAY!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUCY AND TALLON!

OMG were has the time gone. A year old already. I hope that you both have a wonderful day and get spoilt rotten. Mums don't forget to let us all know how it went and what they ate and so on.......

Well no real news to report at my end.
    Tayneesha's daycare is having a party on her birthday so i am taking the video camera down and filming that as she will be with all her playmates and all of that for her birthday and then she has another birthday at home! Two birthday's lucky duck.

We have made another wardrobe today for Shayla's room as no built in robes in that room and i must say it is better than any Boori wardrobe and cost us in total $200.00 to make! I am so excited and happy as it just looks great. It also matches all the furniture in the room as well.

Tayneesha is growing up very fast and i am sure all of our ex-bubbas (now toddlers) have. I feel as if i have just shut my eyes for a few minutes and she is all grown up1 I can remember when i had her. Oh well round two for me in 3 mths again so i can enjoy again.

Gotta laugh while i am typing Tayneesha has been into the study bin and pulled the paper out of it and thrown it all over the floor and now she is putting it back into the bin.LOL

It has been stinking hot and humid up here but all perthies gosh you have had shocking weather 42 and so on. I remember those days when i lived there. Oh and the cyclone up north it is just a disaster. GLOBAL WARMING is definately here and i hope we can do something to rectify the problem but i secretly think it is too late! Is there any one of us from Perth... I didn't check that.LOL!

Well must go, gotta get dinner organised not sure what to cook as really can't be bothered i am sure i will find something.

Take care and talk to you all soon.

Jen

Happy Birthday to Cailan and Tallon for yesterday!!!! So sorry I didn't pop on to send wishes your way, but as you can probably understand things were a wee bit busy!!

Can't believe our babies are one! We had a lovely party down at the Wildflower Gardens, put on a BBQ and heaps of ppl came. Lucy ran around on the grass, ate some bark, played with some of her friends and saw her first giant goanna that came to try its luck on getting some sausage. A kookaburra swooped down and scored a sausage right off the BBQ as well. Lucy got heaps of presents (thankfully some clothes as well as toys and books), it wasn't stressful at all and best thing was cleaning up took five mins while we threw stuff in the bin! Great weather for it too (tables all undercover so no sunburn).

Day would have been perfect it MIL hadn't been at all involved, but at least her half hour visit was contained to first thing in the morning. She seemed upset about not knowing what was going on for the rest of the day and when we said this visit was instead of Monday night's normal visit (we're moving in a week so we'd rather spend the time packing), but no tantrums and tears in our presence, and that's all we want right now.

Bit busy now, trying to organise finances and the whole moving thing. DP's job to get the removalist and I'll be spending the week chasing new work and packing.

Hope everyone else is well. Oh, and Lucy said a new word - "na-na" for banana!

Hi all, it's been months since I got in here. Everything just too hectic until now.
    It took me 4 goes to read through the posts, so here's a reply on the 5th!

OMG babies turning one! Beth's b'day is on the 22nd, so still time to have a sook about it. She didn't start crawling till about 8months - totally happy hanging out on my hip until then, but now she has realised she can chase her brother down and take her toys back from him. Mitchell thinks it is hysterical and keeps saying "look at my baby, she can crawl!"
    Finally moved him to big bed and cot (back) in my room. We have been co-sleeping all this time and it's been great until I wasn't allowed to get back up! I swear it was doing my head in so I bit the bullet and now Beth goes straight to sleep in her cot any time. She wakes at 3am for a feed (the little guts) and up at 7.30am so I'm really happy. Having a couple of hours baby-free in the evenings has restored my sanity to say the least.
    Finally have tooth no3 coming through at the top - she never has any teething symptoms, they have all been a surprise. Beth says mum, baby and blue! She eats nearly everything and grapes are a favourite right now. She stands on her own and claps away, and starts bopping anytime music is on.

I'm getting a little sad as Elizabeth is my last baby and I know I won't have anymore firsts to celebrate. I am having a biggish party here on the 25th, but I have to make sure I have some babies for Beth to play with! I never got around to finding a playgroup for her, so that's on my list this week.

Gggrrrr gotta go - Mitch is trashing my office again. I'll be in here more to say hello now I am getting more than 4 hours sleep at night!

MWAH to you all!

Lulu

Hi Lulu

It would be a little sad knowing your last 'baby' isn't such a baby anymore! But I have to say, I am totally loving Lucy's newfound independence and the fact she isn't quite as reliable on me. When she's having a whingey period and follows me everywhere it drives me nuts!

Lucy didn't start crawling until 8 mths either, just decided to walk quickly. How cute that Elizabeth chases Mitchell, he won't think it's funny when she starts taking his stuff! Glad you're getting more sleep as well.

Hi to everyone else. Liz and Steph, how were the birthday boys on their special day??

Oh im so sorry i havent been around...

Happy birthday (belated) to Lucy, Tallon and Cailan!!

So how did everyone go party wise?

Abby is one on friday, party on saturday... tons of ppl coming, not too stressed, ive got a lot of things being done for me, like the cake and the decorations so all i have to do is the food, which MIL and i are doing friday night.

For presents, i got her a heap of percussion instruments, an abicus, and 2 gollywogs that i couldnt resist.... cant wait to get them all out and play with them!! Oh, and im sure abby will like them too.

Well my job ends in about 2 weeks time... good and bad, sooo looking forward to spending more time with abby... not looking forward to no money going into my bank!!

Ill give it a few months and start all over again.....

anyway, i hope everyone is happy and well... its quiet in here these days... i do get on here at work from time to time but bloody work distracts me LOL

Hi all!
    My little Cailan had a bad birthday! He has been runny poos for about 2 weeks, we took him to the hospital when we found blood in his nappy. Then we were waiting on results from a 'sample' and found out yesterday that he has gastro! He is on antibiotics now but the poor little man only ate one banana lolly and two twisties at his party. We are having the cake tonight, if he ever wakes up from his sleep. The nappy rash was quite bad too, it has cleared up alot after using some bepanthen.
    Weight loss is a little sluggish at the moment, I think it started when DH took me out for my birthday, back on the wagon this week though.
    Hopefully can do some personals soon.
    Love to all mums and bubs!

Oh Setph, so sorry poor Cailan is not well! So unfair on his bday too!! Good luck getting back on the weight loss wagon.

Em - good to hear from you. Sounds like the party preparations are going well. It will be good to spend more time with Abby but I can empathise with you on the decrease in $$!! I am seriously hoping that something has panned out for me and I'll be starting a new project in the next week or so. Fingers crossed. Mum is coming down to stay in a week and a half and will help look after Lucy for the entire week. That should give me an opportunity to line some more work up as well.

Well, busy stressing here, packing, fixing up the garden for the last time and trying to sort out $$ for the move. So of course, perfect time for MIL to dump another tantrum on us and insist we 'return' some things to her before we move. No offer to come and pick them up or help or anything, just a 'we're going away on the weekend so could x, y and z be here before then.' One thing we've had for 12 mths and the other since we moved in four years ago, so definitely urgently required. I think she's p!ssed off about not being invited to Lucy's bday, but after the tantrum at the christening and the brush off at Xmas, what did she expect??! Anthony is going to tell her why she wasn't invited so she understands clearly and quits these stupid games.

Better go, work to do...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast