Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #11

Quote Originally Posted by richelle_84_2004 View Post
    I'm glad that we aren't the only people that had to buy a new pram!
    LOL... I bought one too, a while back, but a second one all the same. Kinda wish I hadn't now in some ways but ahhhh what the... right?? lol

I've read through but now I can't remember what people have said!!

Sarah, nice pics hun!! Ari is growing up so fast, and she's so beautiful. Can't wait till you guys come back down again!! I added some new pics the other day as well.

Oskar has just about got tooth number 4, it may have just cut through on the corner but he really won't let you inspect too closely so still hard to tell properly. He has perfected the "bum shuffle" very nicely and gets around very well. He's quite fast when he sees something he wants or somewhere he can get up to mischief!! He is loooooving his food and eats pretty much anything I give him. Brekky is half weetbix mixed with pear and rice cereal... lunch is a jar of some type of fruit and dinner is vegies which I have frozen (potato, sweet potato, brocolli, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrot and sometimes some beans) and then about an hour or so later a tub of yoghurt! Now, there are also BF in between and snacks ... sometimes a rusk or the baby mum mum rice cracker things or rye cruskits. Today he had his first try of cinnamon donut and well let's say he didn't waste a crumb of it..lol!! I was going to not let him have ANY sugar or the likes until at least over 12 months but as he's such a good eater I have started to allow little treats every now and then. I know this doesn't sit well with some people but I figure he's less likely to go nuts on it all as he gets older if he's allowed to have little bits at times.

Hmmmm now, what else... oh Bec how are you going hun?? Hope you don't have m/s cos that sucks big time. We're still contemplating what to do at the moment and have had discussions but we never seem to get to an answer. Sometimes I wonder if we should just DTD and if it happens it's meant to be and if it doesn't then obviously that's that IYKWIM? Leave it to nature. Although that's a little scary cos I seem to fall pg rather easily so I think I'd really have to be prepared for a positive outcome.

Well, I think that's it from our little camp for now. Catch you all soon!!!

Hello lovelies, Claire and I are staying at my parents place tonight as we just had our house treated for ****roaches. We had a really bad problem with them and they use some pretty nasty chemicals so I didnt want Claire to go licking the floors or anything. I will be happy to not have roaches all through my house! But now I think I;'m going to have to put all the bed linen and stuff in the wash.

Claire got a new tooth today. Its very sharp. She wont let me see it but she will let me feel it. Luckily she does not bite my boobies, so that it good. She was such a little piggy tonioght. She had three cubes of vegies/chicken mix (usually she sdoesnt even have two!) and then ate a whole jar of apple puree. Usually she only manages about half a jar. piggy!

Sarah how is Aris sleeping going?

Richelle, sounds like Kailee is a busy body like Claire. lol

Bec how are you feeling? Any of those familiar m/s feelings yet? That first trimester tiredness is a killer isnt it!

Ali, i sooo wanted a red stroller but DH said we should get black. Its boring. Red is much nicer!

Cass, good work on Oskars bum shuffle. That must be so cute to watch! i like eating those baby mum mum rice crackers. I got some for Claire but she didnt like them so I ate them myself.

And I got into uni, so all my confusion over whether or not to go back to work may have been solved. Finally heard back from my boss though on monday and he confuses me so much. End of last year he told me "yes you can come back part time but only for up to 3 months then you will need to go full time" and then I spke to him on monday and he told me the opposite, that I will have to start back full time then apply to change to part time. Make up your mind!! Either way, I've made it clear I cannot work full time. I am currently deciding whether or not to go back at all. I keep getting worried that I willmake the wrong choice. I think I worry too much. I dont that i will be able to handle uni, work, Claire, DH and home stuff.

Hope you lovely ladies are well.

Smile

WOW congratulations Karina !! I hope you get back into your ****roach free house soon!

Cass - I agree, the sweats wont hurt!! Emily did a little of the bum crawl/shuffle, its so cute! Can i ask which teeth he has?

Richelle - arent they cute when the get up to all those naugty things!!?

So yesterday i thought i'd buy a new pram. The one i liked was the only one left on the floor and they gave it to me for $50!! Stoaked! It reclines and its red, came with a sun shade and a rain cover. Im only using the stroller for shopping tho, the other i'll keep for walking (when i can get my fat butt of the coutch to go!)

Just popping in to say hi everyone.

My best friend had her baby girl on Saturday morning and it was quick, she had pains all day on Friday but had a warm bath friday night and they went away then woke on Saturday morning at 3.20 to a really strong contraction she called me at 4.30am and we got to the hospital at 5.30 little Breella was born at 5.55 weighing 6pd 2 she is so tiny, but beautiful.

Cass, cooper eats his little traets all the time too...when I take the older kids to MCdonalds or Hungry Jacks he always eats the burger bun and a couple of chips, he wont eat baby food have to try to give him the same as everyone else, he likes to share dinner with dad.

I too am looking for a stroller that lays back at the moment but I need one that folds to the umbrella style as I have got a hatch back and when the carseat is in the other pram wont fit, but I cant find one anywhere so If you know of one let me know please. Cooper Is cutting his top 2 teeth at the moment, and still bum shuffling around but he is getting on to his hands and knees so hopefully he will be crawling soon.

Anyway I must go washing to hang out before the rain starts again.

Mel - Our new stroller is the type that folds to the umbrella look, i brought it from target.

Mel - I got ours (steelcraft express - $109.95) from Bubs baby shop in the Valley. It is in the Fortitude Valley Homemaker Centre North. I am pretty sure that it was the cheapest one that they had that reclined, and it folds up like the umbrella style, and soooooo light! I was holding it in one hand the other day, and it still didn't feel very heavy. I have looked in Big W, but the cheapest that they had was about $150, and was a lot bigger.

OMG - we have actually been pretty busy in hear for a change! It's so nice to hear from everyone again. Gosh now I have to think becuase it's gone over two pages :-)

Karina - yes he has autistic spectrum disorder. He is currently on the lower end of the sprectrum what they call pervassive development delay - which I think sounds horrible - something about the word pervassive anyway I just call it ASD as more people know what that is. I have a New Years resolution to talk more about it as I have to say when he was younger, as we lived so far from family etc we did cover it up a lot but I am finding life is a lot easier when you just accept these things and be open about them - at least the old lady scowling at me in the shopping centre tends to be a little more understanding when he is having a bad day :-) Anywho - not sure why they kicked him out of FDC - he was a very demanding baby what was classed as 'high needs' and his carer had shoulder surgery and claimed she couldn't look after him as he was too demanding on her time and too heavy to carry all the time. Never mind she was a lovely lady and just new to daycare so I don't hold it against her. Ari is sleeping pretty well, it comes and goes - she is having a real hard time adjusting to daycare, v. clingy at home and won't take bottles or sleep at daycare :-( and is very unsettled at night when she comes home but it'll pass. WOOHOO on uni - what are you studying! Bugger about work hope you figure something out there.

Prams - Ari hates prams, well Ari hates being forced to sit anywhere actually, so we don't use the parm a lot lately, we have a backpack which she spends most her time out in and a trolley cover for when we go shopping. I cleaned up DS stoller and put it in plastic wrap when he outgrew it and it was in pretty good nic, so fingers crossed when I unwrap it it still will be, it's one we got from K-mart when DS was 3-4, it is umbrella fold and layback. I still love my pram though as is nice and roomy and so easy to steer and when DS wants a rest, he can sit on the front

cass :-( - I can't see any new pics of Oskar. Ari has treats too - it's hard when DS is having something yummy and she knows it :-) Yes def have to catch up - we are hoping there will be one of those flight sales soon as my SIL is due to have a new bub in June and I would love to catch up with her.

Richelle - you cracked me up with your DD "acheivements"! Thank goodness Ari hasn't worked that out yet. Although she has figured out that her big brother has a perplexing extra appendage. :-)

Shell - Thank you - yes Ari loves swimming under water. As soon as you get in with her she is putting her self under and arms out ready to swim. She even does it in the bath :-)

Well I have been checking out everyone pics and it's offical March babies are def the cutest ever!!!!

Just wanted to come on and Say Cooper cut his 3rd tooth last night one of his top ones....

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Just a really quick stop today,

Mel-Our new pram is the Maclaren stroller, it fully reclines and folds like an umbrella one, but the bit that got us was it fits laying across the back of our car, where as our last pram took up half of our boot. The Maclaren's are a little more pricey than others but we wanted one that will do Kailee and the next bub.

Sarah-Kailee discovered daddy's extra leg in the shower last week, can imagine how Ari would be with your son lol!

Shell-I wouldn't say it is cute! It drives me batty! She is actually being a little better behaved at the moment, since our tantrums the other day.

Karina- Yes Kailee doesn't stop! Has to know everything, see everything and go everwhere!

Had a really down day yesterday, Kailee kept crawling after MIL and screaming for her, amazing how something so silly can upset you.

Anyway better go get breakfast underway now she is awake!

I've just put a pic in the gallery of my girls together that i took just before christmas (the second pic i have of them together as DD1 is always busy or her hair isnt right for the photo!)

Richelle - I get upset somethimes when Em wants (squeels for) my mum, i think you just get so used to them wanting only you that when it happens you feel a little down. I also think that Emily just gets excited as shes getting older and sick of looking at me all the time!! She does the same with DD1.

Mel - (or should i say Cooper) on the new tooth!!

Sara - "perplexing extra appendage" LOL! And i love the idea of wrapping the stroller - how in the world did you think of doing that?

So, our back luck continues, after my dear little dog, then the washing machine hose, NOW the god Damn hot water service is broken thankfully its under warranty but still. Im not even thinking this is the end of it, i thought that when the washing machine hose happened. I did break a mirror late last year?

shell, hope things pickup soon, dont they say it comes in 3's, so you should be right by now, I still have one to go........vaccum claner blew up, DH quit part time job..........waiting for the third.

Sarah, I'll email you a couple ... will try to do it soon if Oskar stays asleep!! PMSL @ Ari and the "appendage"... Andy has to stay a bit further away in the bath because of that as well. I just crack up laughing personally, but then that's different cos it's Andy and not Xander! We do have the cutest bubs huh!! I was in the supermarket yesterday and this little girl (prob 3-4) looks at Oskar and then says to her grandma ... oh look at the little baby he's just so cute isn't he!... oh my heart just melted and I thought ...oh bless you hun! *sighs*

Shell, I hope nothing else happens! We had to replace our hot water late last year... damned expensive too they are!!!

Well, I've decided to look into some courses for editing and proof reading. That way it's something to get a little cash but I can do it from home. Also, I find that by midday I can feel a little bored with Oskar being a lot more independent now and once I've done whatever needs doing. So this will be something to occupy my brain rather than my hands. I'm also doing a course type of thing offered through our council which is called living smart homes and is about reducing your ecological footprint at the household level. It's free and I thought it could be interesting You get this really cool plaque thing to put on your fence and as you finish the modules (there's 4) you get a thing to put onto your plaque. So that is my goal for this year, do my bit for our environment and to occupy my brain!!

lol.. not much said about Oskar this time huh... well you know it's not all about him!! PMSL... or is it?

Hello lovelies,

Shell, both your girls are beautiful! I wish I had more pics of me and Claire. They all seem to be of just Claire or Claire and DH.

Sarah, yah I can see how the FDC lady had some difficulties with her circumstances. I'm sure you are doing a great job with your son - there are intervention/help/support programs out there and they really can be so helpful. Friends of ours have a 4 y.o boy with Aspergers and since using the intervention thingo he has come such a long way. and yeah some of the names they give these 'disorders' sound a bit yukky dont they. I got into uni to study nursing. I'm planning on studying part time to begin with, and I am really looking forward to starting. Just waiting for my enrolment package to arrive so I can choose my subjects. Yay! I'm sure Ari will get settled into daycare. Youve got a couple more weeks till school/work starts again for you, right?

Mel, congrats to your friend! We have a pram that folds down really small although not an umbrella style. Its more like a flat rectangle and we just chuck it on the back seat in the car when we got out.

Cass good on you for being so environmentally conscious! (sorry I probably soelt that wrong, but I hope you know what i mean) How cute about the litle girl in the supermarket.

just thought I'd give an update about my silly workplace! :
    My boss rang me today at home and basically told me that he is not willing to let me work part time as it will be bad for the compnay. Its silly though. My job before I went on maternity leave was administration assistant and I used to type up all the insurance policy documents (its an insurance company). Anyway, they have absolutely nobody doing it now so they are very behind and have heaps that need doing. For some reason they think its better for them if they go out and recruit someone else, spend time training them (putting them even further behind, and getting another person behind in their work because they have to take time away to train the newbie) rather than having me back part time. I'm confident that I wont need to be retrained (the job is such a no -brainer, its just that you have to learn the computer system) and with me being there they wont be so behind. I dont get their logic!!

Other than that I am loving how much Claire is learning and changing every day now. The other day she took 2 steps!! Then she fell over into daddys arms. She'll take more steps if we hold her hands. She loves it and laughs like crazy when she tries to walk. I went to see the ECHN as she asked me to come in and talk to her about something, and then she kept on telling me that I must be so proud and happy to have such a lovely happy baby. I was thinking geez there must be lots of shockers tht come to see her! Apparently Claire is at the bottom of the scale for weight and height, and in the middle for head size. I always thought she still had the big head small body look. Its not hugely big, but its more noticeble when she is naked (eg in the bath). I guess she just takes after her big head daddy!

I've just discovered a new food Claire absolutely loves. Rockmelon! I cut a slice for her and she will grab it off me and munch on it. She loves it.

Just popping in quickly....is Lukes 7th birthday today. Cooper is nearly crawling he gets up on his hands and knees, but is pushing his stomach along the floor and getting everywhere so dont think it will be long at all.

Hi all.

Cass, got your email just haven't had a chance to reply yet as that email addy is on Bob's computer and he never lets me on ther :-)

Karina - OMG about your job! So what are they going to do, isn't it illegal for them to refuse to take you back part-time ???? Have fun choosing your subjects! and Well done again. Are they worried about Claires weight gain or something? Have you checked out the new WHO chart for breastfed babes? She looks gorgeous to me :-)

melham - congrats on the tooth and happy birthday to your DS.

Shell - my nana used to always say wear your t-shirt inside out for a day to get rid of bad luck :-) I dare you :-) Hope things start looking up soon

Sarah, nah they arent worried about her that I know of. The nurse just commented on it but she also said Claire must take after me because I am petite too. Not a big deal anyway and I'm sure she'd have made a big fuss over it if it were a problem. I did check out the WHO charts and I printed them and put them in Claires blue book (the health record thing - not sure if its called blue book in Q!). Awww thanks, i saw your piccies too - you have a gorgeous family. Well my job are just *d-heads* and thats putting it nicely. As far as I know, it isnt illegal to refuse me part time work - all they need to do is offer my job to me again and that is what they have done, but that isnt the issue - the issue is that they said yes to PT and now they are saying No and asking me to resign.

Mel yayay on Cooper almost crawling! clever little guy! Claire pulled herself along on her tum for a little while too. Very funny to watch! Happy bday to your other little guy.

Has anyone else tried using the online system for Centrelink/FAO? I'm using it to try to apply for the child care benefit and OMG its such a demented system! It cant make up its mind as to whether it will allow me access to certain sections. Maybe I am just slow on the computer and cant work it out but its really doing my head in. Maybe they dont want me to get the CCB, lol. I worked it out in the end but it took me a reeeaaalllllly long time.

We're going to have a bday party for Claire. But I dont want people to buy her mountains of pressies. She got spoilt rotten at Christmas and has sooo much stuff - we dont even have room for it all! Do you think its rude to ask that each person not buy an individual gift for her, but rather share a gift between a few people?? Sorry, I hope that made sense.
    Its not that I am depriving her, its just that she has so much stuff and I dont know where to put it all and we live in a really small unit with not much storage space. The extra storgae space that is available is accessible by other people in the building and I dont trust them to not take my stuff, because I know someone has been using my clothes drier without my permission (i've found clothes in there that arent mine or DH's!), so i dont trust the other people. Sorry went off on a tangent there...

?

Hey All!!!!!

Emy is well and truly on the path to walking! Yesterday she was doing like 1 step every now and then, and once even managed 2 steps, and then today she took 5 steps in a row! What a little champion!She is very good at walking along just holding on to one of my fingers now too, instead of both hands.

Poor thing though - I think she is getting 3 teeth all at once, she got the 3rd last week, and now i think she is getting 4, 5 and 6 all together. Doesn't seem to be bothering her too much though. Tough little cookie!

Karina - funny how babies grow isn't it? Emy is apparently the 50th percentile for her height and weight, but today i had her in a bonds dress, and the tag said "up to 3 months". Clothing brands just have no idea really... But also, a friend of mine has a little boy that was born on christmas day 2006, 6 weeks early. We have always thought he was a big boy, but on Thursday, we had a suspicions confirmed - my friends took him to the paediatrition (pead wanted to check his development coz he was premmie - all good), and apparently he is the perfect height and weight, for a 2 YEAR OLD!!! And he is only 12 3/4 months old! But apparently the paed isn't concerned at all.....So I wouldn't be too worried about Clare - as long as she is growing, and is healthy, why worry?........Anyway, congrats on getting in to Uni! I don't think that we got to choose our subjects in first semester when I studied, as everything later needed the pre-requisites from 1st year, but if you do get to choose, have fun! Jason and I are both nurses, and Jason is a huge nerd, so if you have any questions, or want an assignment proof-read before you submit it, feel free to PM me!...........And how rude about your job! I too thought that they had to let you return to work part-time...You could always leave there, and work as an assistant nurse in a nursing home or something while you study - get some extra practice in! And once you have finished your degree, you'll be able to work whatever you want!!! YAY!!

ANyway, I believe that is probaly about enough from me - having trouble typing my letters in the correct sequence to make a word!

Have Fun!

Hi everyone,
    Well, today is a better day than Friday. I felt awful all day... mostly the nausea is morning and evening, although if I get hungry it gets worse at any time. Ginger beer is my friend!! LOL

Sebastian is really making some strides in his development in the last week or so. On Monday he woke up from his morning nap, suddenly able to clap and to pull himself up to stand! He'd done that a couple of times before but not over and over... and now he won't stop! It will be a while before he can walk though. Then yesterday he started to feed himself the grapes I cut up for him, since then he's fed himself banana and as I type this he's sitting next to me in the high chair eating carrot (although that is not such a big hit... I'm trying to wean him off having so much fruit though as he seems to be getting a bit of a sweet tooth )

Ali, congratulations on Emy walking - what a clever girl! S is getting one of his eye teeth and it is giving him a really hard time - more than any of the others put together I think! Hopefully it will come through soon.

Karina, I'm sure they make the FAO website too hard to deal with so that people just give up and don't bother claiming! Just applying for the baby bonus last year made me pull my hair out. Especially since DH wasn't born here so they want to know all sorts of stuff like when he came over and what the name of the aeroplane or ship was? WTF?!! And it's not like they don't have his details on file anyway... but enough said about them - just letting you know it's not just you!! I can't remember if I said congrats on getting into uni and your workplace sounds just stupid Hope you can get something else a bit more flexible.

We're not going to have a party for S, but we're having a combined one with playgroup for all the babies. I might bake him a little cupcake or something and hopefully my parents will be able to come up then, if it has rained. They haven't seen him in ages, that reminds me, I have to send some photos to them.

Hey Mel, good on Cooper for almost crawling, once he starts you'll wish he was still just sitting there LOL

Shell, I really hope your bad luck has run its course. I've never heard of Sarah's suggestion but it can't hurt!

Cass, that sounds like a good idea to do the environment thing. I'm hoping to get our compost going again soon and start up the vegie garden out the back. It's so hot right now though I'm waiting till it cools down otherwise the plants will just get sunstroke (and I might too!) S is getting a bit more independent now too, often he will be happy playing by himself while I wash up or do some other stuff... almost makes me sad for when he was 6 months younger, when he was just all cuddles and smiles!

Richelle, S likes to fiddle with himself as well during nappy changes and in the bath. I remember from changing my niece and nephew that my nephew was always worse - it was hard work getting the nappy done up without having a hand down there as well LOL S throws tantrums but usually only when he's really tired, it's one of the ways I know he needs a nap! I don't know about terrible twos, I think he'll be throwing whopper tanties by then!

Sarah, I think it's a great idea to talk about Xander's ASD; the more people who know about it, hopefully the more understanding they'll be towards him. Hope Ari settles into daycare soon.

Anyway, I had better go, somehow it's 4:15 already (we had a bit of a break in between, and then my mum rang... it was about 3:30 when I started this LOL) Ultrasound this week so I'll let you all know how it went!

Best,
    Bec

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast