Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #11

Default Babies Born March 2007 #11

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in March 2007

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your previous thread can be found HERE

Please note - To receive thread notifications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

OMG!!! Congratulations Bec! You will have to keep us informed of your pregnancy (it'll be like belly buddies in here except you're the only one pregnant!). Might make us all want more babies now too (not quite ready for that myself yet!).

Mel..there is someone in my mum's group that isn't crawling yet. She will probably go straight to walking. HAving said that, my DH never crawled. Just rolled and rolled and then walked! I wouldn't be too worried at this stage.

Haven't got time for anyhting else right now..Grace just woke from nap, but saw Bec's news and HAD to say congratulations! Hope everyone else is well....3 weeks till I go back to work....secretly crapping myself!! lol!! Will try to get back on soon. xx

Rachel, good luck for your return to work. Do you feel out of practice? I remember you did lighter duties for a while - will you be going back to that or straight back into paramedic-ing (is that a word?). I'm waiting for my boss to come back from holidays so I can talk to him about going back. I want to go back but then I dont.

Oh Mel, I also forgot to mention - my brother never crawled. He just got up and walked one day!

On the subject of back to work I start back sometime today.....but am working from home doing some contract work, my freind who still hasnt had her bub (was due new years) has landed a contract from home with her old boss and has passed some work on to me which is gr8t only one or 2 jobs a month and about 4 days to do each one, and the extra money will help too. School holidays are driving me insane this time though, I usually book Cody and Luke into Vacation care but thopught would keep them home, but all they do is fight and argue, Hubby said next week he will take it in turns of taking them to work with him so only have one of them to deal with so that should be good. Anyway off to see what they are all up too

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Hello, not sure how to start this! I messaged on here a long time ago, but kind of forgot all about this forum. I"ve got Kailee who was born on 11th March 07, live in NSW, am 23 (almost 24) um and yeah a working mummy. Hopefully I can get to know everyone!
    Richelle

Smile

Hi everyone!
    Congratulations Bec! When are you due? I was going to start ttc this month but have put it off for a year (for now anyway!)
    Just wanted to report that Emily is crawling!! YAY!! She's very funny to watch - she looks fine from the front but when standing behind her he little knees move about 3cm while the arms are going at 13cm!! She can now say, hello, what, ta, tries to say beautiful and i think pop - and gonney - over and over, (no idea what this is but she always says it!)
    Sarah - thanks, im doing much better now. DD1 has him outside her window and i just noticed the other day she had put flowers on him, i got a bit upset (just the reminder) but he's in a better place now.

Finally back in our house after the washing machine hose incident (i did a thread on it) nice to finally be back but still cleaning up the mess and the carpet stinks in the back bedrooms, an acessor wont be out until the 21st - 20 days after it happened?! so im going to try to get it replaced.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Just wanted to say YAY for Emily crawling and talking too........cooper says ma now, but still not crawling but sure he will get ther in his own time.

Shell, yay on emily crawling! Hope yuo can get your stuff replaced. I wonder why they take so long to get someone out to inspect!

Hi Richelle, I do remember you used to post. How is Kailee going?

On thursday, I took Claire to FDC for a few hours. I stayed there with her. She really loved it. The day care mum got out a baby bath and put a little bit of water in it for the kids to play with water toys in it, so what does Claire do? She crawls into the bath and sits down in it. Lucky I brought extra clothes with me! But really, she had lots of fun playing with the other babies. At this stage I think she is the only girl on two of the three days she will be going. So now I am feeling more happy about her going. I'm feeling good about the carer too. She seems like she does know what she's doing and she is good with the kiddies. Claire will be the youngest too.

hope evryone is well.

Smile

Hi Richelle and Kailee.

Mel - I was starting to think Emily would never crawl! She was getting up onto her knees and hands rocking for a while then..nothing!! As you said, Cooper will do it when he's ready, he's proberly to busy doing other things to care about it!. Hope you get the break next week off your DH! I'd love to get some work that i could do at home - just to keep the brain going!

Karina - Thats sooo funny and cute Claire getting into the water! Perhaps she was a little hot and needed to cool down!! LOL. I remember taking DD1 to daycare, she loved it! The first day i left her there she cried when i left (broke my heart - sat in the car bawling!) when i went to pick her up i had to drag her out screaming cos she didnt want to leave! Its so much fun for them.

Hi To everyone else!!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

Hi Shell

Hi Karina, yes I remember talking to you! Kailee is great. Changing so much every day. She took her first steps the other night so that was pretty exciting. She is just too advanced for her own good! She has about 8 words now, christmas day I was copped with a "what" in reply to her name!
    Thats cute about Claire climbing into the bath. She knew what it was for!

I"ve been looking into once a week day care for Kailee, but the long day care centre near us is probably a little more than we are hoping to pay. Is family day care better priced?

Shell, makes me feel better that your first daughter loved her day care so much! I was feling really uneasy about after visiting a horrible centre last year, but I get a goood vibe from this carer. Unofrtunately she has a jury summons in a couple of weeks and the court are being dificult and have told her she still has to go in on that day and apply to be excused and they will make the decision that day. Which is annoying as its the day Claire was going to start!

Richelle, PMSL about that 'what'!! Cheeky Our family day care charges by the hour - $6 per hour is the rate, but it is less if you get the child care benefit. So for a full day (10 hours) we're looking at a maximum of $60. It will be less though when we start getting the child care benefit. You recieve the Childcare benefit as reduced fees. Only thing with the family day care is that I have to bring a lunchbox for Claire as they dont provide food. The Long Day Cares near us is $90 a day, and the one near my work is over $100!!! I'm in Sydney though so everything is just overpriced!

Hello all, sorry I haven't been on much trying to get the new website up and doing my masters and Ari started daycare and had the inlaws up - phew what a couple of weeks. All relatives have now returned from whence they came and the kids and I are trying to re-find our routine - as you can imagine with DS with ASD this has been quite a challenge but things are looking better each day.

Ari started daycare 3 days a week in preparation for me going back to "real" work as DH refers to it. She has been unsettled for them, crying when they walk away from her (which I think is pretty normall for this age but they keep mentioning it like it's a problem) - maybe I'm too senstive. Mind you DS was 'expelled' from FDC at 11mths becasue the carer couldn't handle him :-( so I am a bit paranoid. but at least she is happy when I leave her there. Karina - I did the same thing took her in for a few days and stayed with her and I think it helped her settle in a lot.

She is such a busy little baby - she has just pulled all the patty papers out of the pantry and decorated the kitchen with them while I was folding clothes so I still have some childprofing to do. She now stands very well on her own, walks when you hold her hand and takes up to 3 steps by herself

brb

Sorry about that - very messy baby needed a bath (outside - mud need I say more) Ari still only has two teeth down the bottom. I can see the other 2 bottom ones under the surface and her top gum is swollen but so far ... nothing. She is about 11.2kg and 76cm long

Birthyourway - HI and welcome

Richelle - i and welcome back

Karina - I'm so pleased to hear you like the FDC lady and how cute with Claire getting into the bath :-)

Shell - pleased to hear your feeling a little more sunny. How cute about her legs not catching up with her arms when crawling. wow at all her words!!!!

Cass_blob - great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the gall stones - ouch! and a no fat diet - that can't be fun. Pleased to hear you worked out what was making you so sick though!

Rachel - howdy how are things going with Grace? I'm am absolutely dreading going back to work! If I hadn't already met up with a teacher and confirmed my position I would be changing my mind :-) I haven't worked since 16wks so I'm hoping it all comes back to me once I get in front of that class.

Ozzy - how are you! how are things going in Brissie? How is Oskar going/

Better go finish dinner off - little miss baldy is standing in the middle of the room blowing kisses to everyone - thinking she is very clever :-) Oh PS posting some more photos in the gallery now

Sarah, wow youve been busy. I dont think I could handle that many people in my house at one time. Sorry but by ASD do you mean Austism Spectrum? If so, I can imagine he must thrive on routine. Is that (the autism) the reason they "couldnt handle him" at FDC?? WOW on Ari taking a few steps on her own. Claire can stand on her own but only for a few seconds. I think its probably normal at this stage for her to get cranky when left alone. Claire does it as well. Its not that she wants to be picked up, she just wants someone else to be sitting on the floor too. Claire has been wearing her new nappies and theyre so cute on her little bum!

Claire is teething again too. She has the two bottom teeth and I can see her two front top teeth just under the gums and I think I can feel two more coming in at the bottom. There is an unbelieveble amount of slobber! She ate some toast tonight and she just sat there with it in her hands and chewed on it like a rusk. DH has taken to giving her a wipe to play with while he changes her nappy so now she likes to suck on wipes.

We took Claire to the paediatrician the other day. The nurse at the baby health centre referred us. Claire has some dark pigmentation spots on her skin (on her bum and legs) which *can* apparently be a sign of a neurological disorder. To be honest, I wasnt worried about it, as I have the exact same pigmentation on my skin so I thought it ws nothing (it has never caused me any problems except for having to answer alot of questions from curious people which can get annoying). The paed just told us to keep an eye on the spots and check for any new ones that appear and to also keep an eye on her development. She told us to come back to see her again if Claire starts getting a bit "slow" iykwim. Nothing to worrry about at the moment, and I'm not worried about it at all anyway. She seems to be so smart and clever and my own GP (who is also a paed ) says there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hey All! Glad that everyone is good - except for Cass-Blob! You poor thing! A few years ago the GP thought that I had gall stones, and until i had an ultrasound that showed otherwise, I had to have a no fat diet, and it was sooooooooooooo boring! Do you know when you are having your gall bladder removed?

Emy is doing well - she is standing on her own for up to 30 seconds, and while she stands she even bounces, or throws toys around - stuff that I thought would make her fall over, but pparently not! She has just gotten her third tooth, but it doesn't look like any more are coming at the moment. We went in to the Valley today, and bought Emy a new stroller. We have a Phil and Ted, and while I love it, it is just getting annoying when you want to go shopping, coz it is soooo huge, so we got a stroller that can recline, in RED! I love it. My sister has the same one in black, and hers is boring but mine is excellent! Only thing is that is was the only one left in the shop, so we had to take the floor stock. And they didn't even give us a discount! RUDE!

Jason starts his new job in Intensive Care on Tuesday - he is so scared! But he'll be right!

That is about all that is new with us.

Take Care!

Just wanted to pop in quickly and say to Sarah - you have such beautiful children! Was Ari swiming under the water? Emily had the same christmas dress, very cute!!
    Ali - I was thinking of buying a stroller too, Emilys pram takes up so much room in my boot i can hardley fit anything else in. Can i ask how much you paid for it?

Shell - It is a Steelcraft Express (i think!) and it was $109.95. It wasn't the cheapest in the shop (they were about $60) but I wanted one that can recline, so that I can lay Emy back while she is having a bottle - the Phil and Ted;s is a pain to recline, and then once it is down, it is almost impossible to put back up again while she is in it - a major design flaw if you ask me!

Sarah - Your kids are gorgeous! I wish that I had found a Christmas dress like that you Emy - it is so cute!

richelle_84_2004 Guest

I'm glad that we aren't the only people that had to buy a new pram! I had a Steelcraft Eclispe, and I don't recommend them to anyone! We ended up getting a stroller one, but it still lays all the way back for when they are having bottles. Bonus was, day we went to the shop the 40% off sale started.

The weather is so miserable here today. Matches Kailee's mood. She has a tooth coming thru that is giving her a lot of trouble. This is her 5th and its rubbing on the top one next to it so we have had a grumpy sooky little munchkin since Saturday.

Yesterday was her day for new tricks. She started the day by climbing out of the cot, onto the futon, played with her nappy bag for a while and then onto the floor to play. Then once up, started with some new word, Gah, over and over for the last 2 days. She is so insistent with it, its like she is trying to say something. Then we threw a major tantie when I blocked her off from getting behind the dining table, threw herself on the ground at the feet punching my feet. Then last night in the bath started masturbating with a huge smile on her face.

I had no idea any of this stuff started so early! I thought tanties weren't till the terrible 2's!! Better go get this roast in the oven!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast