Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2007 #11

OMG!! How am I supposed to remember all that!????? lol.

Sarah, no probs hun.. I knows ya lubs me!! It can be hard to talk about things like ASD etc... cos no matter what there are going to be some very judgmental people who make it hard to do so, but I say GOOD ON YOU!! Just smack 'em out if they judge ya! hehe... oh that was rather evil of me huh!

Karina, I remember when Joshua was born they had me worried sick that his head was TOO big...lol. I even had to go back to the hospital to see a paed about it as they were going on about some prob they can have where their heads grow faster than their bodies.. well, EVERY time I looked at him all I could see was this ENORMOUS head and little body - but it actually wasn't that bad at all. His dad has a big head and so does he, still even now he does. I tell ya they make you worry about NOTHING sometimes!! Claire is so cute Oh and I don't get the logic of your boss either!! Keeps changing his mind too from what I remember??

WTG Cooper, Ari and Em for being such clever little peeps!! Oskar has got the bum shuffle down pat now, very cute oh and Joshua has been teaching him how to kick a soccor ball... such a crack up to watch and Oskar just pi$$es himself laughing.

Bec... thanks I think...lol. We got our water bill the other day and I was most impressed as we are using about 83 litres per person per day (they had us target 140 each a day) so we are doing really well there We have our compost bin and a water tank. Andy did plant some tomatoes a while ago but they're not looking too good, maybe got too hot for them? We have had some yummy tomatoes though. The strawberries are just divine and actually have flavour as opposed to the supermarket where they taste like nothing!!

Oskar is a little piggy!! He eats and eats and eats...lol. He LOVES BBQ chicken and stole my custard tonight cheeky little monkey. Joshua was giving him some of his and when he finished that he saw me eating and bum shuffled his way over for mine too!!! Guess what... I CAVED AND GAVE HIM SOME!! lol. Who can resist such big brown puppy dog eyes??? Anyhow, must be off have some washing to hang out and then I might just retreat off to bed

How are all our MIA mums n bubs?? Jo.. Cass blob.. to name a couple...... where are you guys???

Hey Cass ! I'm here!!! Sorry don't get a chance to pop on here often! Been having to chase Izzy around the house too much! Ohh teh bum shuffle would look so cute!~ wtg on our courses they sound fab!

Bec - Hopefully you don't get any more bad morning/evening sickness days! Well done to seb!

Ali - Congrats emy on walking! she'll be running around the house before you know it!

Karina - Congrats on getting into Nursing! I'm picking up where i left off in 06 this year (didnt do uni in 07) Doing the last of 1st year subjects this year (there is only 4 left) and i've managed to put them in one day, one week its 2hours and the next week its 5hours at uni! But i think i can manage that hehe! Working in a nursing home gives you great practise too! I've been working as a AIN since i was 17 and just love it, so rewarding! go into the dementia unit soooooooooo much fun!!! hehe! I'd love to go back to work part time, but at the same time would hate to leave Izzy so for now i'm just going to study. . . Your boss sounds like a nitwit.

Melham - Happy Belated Birthday Luke! Copper sounds like he'll be crawling soon! ! !

Shell - Hopefully thats your 3things of bad luck! Sending good luck your way!!!

Sarah - definitly have to agree with you there - These march babies are just way tooo cute!!

Wow - i hope i didn't miss anybody! and if i did _ Hello how are you!! Hope you an bubs are well

Well Izzy is just growing up way to fast a list of her developments are - Crawling - everywhere and anywhere! She loves it! And hates it when i put the baby gates up to keep her out of the kitchen! She fell on the tiles the other day i felt soooooooooo bad! But she cried for less then a minute then wanted to be put back down again! She's pulling her self up on everything and standing now too! Shes let go a few times to stand by her self but doesnt last very long at all! its quite cute!

She has 5 teeth now, with 2 more comming through! Like most of the babies in here, eats everything in site~ loves to eat what we are eating! actually these days i cant eat anything without givin her some too! lol! I try to get her to bed before my dinner is ready these days just so i can eat in peace! hehe!

So cute - izzy has learnt to clap and say 'good girl' at the same time, so now everything and everyone is a 'good girl'! she can so around 12 words now! and is just getting smarter everyday!

Our eldest starts prep next week! So excited its been so cute getting everything together!

Well i better go! take care all . . . Muah!

hi all,
    what are you all doing to celebrate your little ones 1st Bday. We will have a big party but am trying to decide if we should do a theme or not, so many ideas...but not llong to go now, are you sending out invites and when is the best time to send them, As Cooper is 29th I was thinking early March. Oh and he now has 4 teeth and is FINALLY CRAWLING got all the way up th hall way last night too.

hi all - well Ari is sick with Brocitus (bugger I can't spell) again! Asked the dr why she has had it so bad TWICE when I've only had it twice in my life and apparently it can be a sign thaat she will have Asthma??? So we have to keep an eye on her. Suppose to be doing some drainage thing where you tip her and frimly pat her back and chest for 5 min - trying to pin ari down for a nappy change is impossible so we are not having huge success with this. I am back at work and can't say I'm overly excited about it :-( Ari now walks around holding onto the leg of my pants, I'm sure she is going to be one of those kids who wants to walk everywhere instead of going in pram etc

Bec - oh I bet you are having a GIRL! Good luck with you US!!!! Hope that ms clears up for you soon.

Karina - OMG about the clothes in your dryer! Good luck with getting family not to buy huge annoying pressies - my family generally ignore my suggestions

Ozzy - hehe Ari is a scavenger too! Follows DH around as he will always give her something :-)

Melham - I have no idea what we are doing yet, would like to have a little party but we don't have many baby friends :-(

Well, its official! Emy can walk!!!! I went over to mum's today, to help her look after my 20 month old niece, and Emy was walking all over the place. The most steps that we counted in a row was 14, but she would fall down, crawl a bit, pull herself up, and then try again. YAY!! I'm so proud of my little girl!

Ali, WOW at Emy walking! thanks - i might msg you if I want to pick some brains for an assignment, lol.

Sarah, hope Ari is feeling better soon, poor love. Claire is wiggler when it comes to nappy changes too. She is getting better though. Dh gives her something to play with, usually a wipe (because she always touches down there with is messy if theres poo), and that occupies her and keeps her focused.

Mel, i think it would be fine to send your invitations for Coopers bday at the start of March. Thats gives everyone a couple of weeks to get themselves sorted for the day, make sure they dont have something else booked in etc.

Cassblob, wow on all Izzys words. We have buba, dada, booboo (which i think is booby) and yeah. No mumma but she can go mmmmmmmm. How excited for your eldest boy starting prep! Are you sad or excited, or nervous??

Cass, yeah they do tend to go on about things which makes you worry sometimes, then you find out its not a problem at all. I suppose they are just covering their butts! Claire loves custard too! I dont blame her. It is quite tasty.

Sasha, how are you feeling? how was ultrasound?

Claire had lots of fun eating fettucine tonight. I cooked some up for DH and I and she was being little miss nosey while we were eating so DH set up her high chair and let her have some of the pasta. She loved it and devoured a whole lot of it. She's been a real piggy today - she ate half a banana this morning too.

ok well better go. Very cranky miss here!

Just a really quick one to let you know i'm butting pics in izzy website! Some really cute ones in there of her playing the drums hehe!

Hi all, just a quick one sorry - so much to do before S wakes up (and I still want to get a lie-down in myself!)

U/S went well, baby in the right place and heart beating strongly. Had some spotting last night and this morning which freaked me out a little but spoke to a midwife this morning and she said as long as it remained light in flow, dark in colour and without pain then don't worry, so I'm not. Just focusing on recovering from gastro on Thursday night, was up all night vomiting and then S started too - being sick and looking after sick baby, that's no fun at all! Thank goodness DH was there, at least he could help clean S up a bit while I changed sheets etc.

Hope you all are having a great long weekend, might try and convince DH we should go to the beach this afternoon, I really feel like getting out of the house!

Will write more soon,
    Bec

Hi everyone, just a quick hello!

Bec, glad the US went well. We had gastro at the beginning of the week (thanks to a bub at mum's group, went through everyone), it's horrid.

Grace is working on her walking, will happily walk around if we are holding her hands but won't let go yet. She seems to be focusing more on her speech, everyday she will blab away as if she is having a conversation, and more often than not she will say things that sound like words...very cute!

We had to duck over to Hobart on Thursday for 2 nights as my step MIL passed away, so had to go for the funeral. Grace is certainly a well travelled child.

I start work again on Tuesday...Eek!!! I really should be reading and not on computer but hey, what ya gonna do!

We are having a party for Grace on her actual birthday..I had planned to get the invites out before this week but it didn't happen! WE''l get there, we're just having a BBQ with some party food and a cake of course!

Well, best be off...sorry just a quick hello. Will try and get back at some stage. take care everyone.

Wow our March babies are clever! How many walkers now? Ari has now discovered the art of climbing and I walked in to find her sitting like Lord Muck on the coffee table the other day. She has also discovered that it is far easier to walk down stairs rather then doing the whole turn around and go over backwards thing.

Both kids are now sick, Ari with her brocitus and a cold and xander with a cold so they are both miserable and lolling around the house

Congrats Emy on your walking!

Sasha - oh you poor thing, hope you are both back on your feet soon and enjoy the beach.

Hi Rachel - ugh I start school properly on this week as well - really should be planning and getting organised but I really don't want to. Sorry to hear about your MIL

Karina - Good to hear Claire is doing well :-)

mel - I haven't even thought about missy's first birthday. . . I've gone as far as thinking we should have it in the park where my party was held, and i'm doing up a collage for her of her first 12months. This will also be strinked and copied to do ppls invitations in. . .
    Sarah - I hope ari is okay? Thats so cute about the climbing
    Ali - Wahoooo EMY! Congrats grl!
    Karina - yea shes a smart little chook! just loves to mimic everything we say. . . Ohh no sadness here!!! hehe a little nervous for him, as he was prem hes a little bit smaller then all the other kids. But he is sooo excited!
    Sasha - Glad the us went well - Sorry your sick hope you feel better soon
    Rachel - COngrats on grace walking! thats really kewl. Oh im sorry about your MIL (huge hugs!)

If u like i have a post in the boohoo room - could really use some more opinions.

just a quickie here, am meant to be covering school books have grades 2, 3 and first year of High school starting tomorrow and so many books to cover isd not funny. Cooper now has 5 teeth and crawling at a record pace, and lastnight pulled the dvd player down so time to baby proof again. anyway better get to it.

Wow... so much is happening now. They must've all hit their next lot of "milestones"....!!! Oskar has well and truly mastered the fine art of the "bum shuffle"... kinda sounds like a little dance huh...lol. He is up and down the hallway now and last night decided he wanted to visit me in the bath and then off to his room to play with some toys in there. Mind you there is usually a trail of toys or nappies or the likes to follow to find where he is. He got his fingers in the draw the other night and that hurt, but hey like I didn't tell him a million times before..lol. He was ok after I put them under cold water and a bit of boob and off he went again happy as larry. He seems to be responding fairly well to "uh uh" and then "no" so I'm hoping this will continue :fingerscrossed:

Sarah, I hope Ari and Xander get better soon.. you poor love!!

Bec, gastro sucks and there's nothing worse than having to look after a sick bub when you're sick yourself. Hope you all feel better. Great news about your little cooking bubba and u/s

WTG Emy!!

Cass, will go and have a peek at boo hoo so long as Oskar stays asleep.

Mel, we're going to have a party for Oskar's first birthday... prob just a bbq or maybe just finger type foods?? Is that what you asked? Oh man I just have the worst memory lately and I can't remember anything!!!

Just popping in to say HI. My older 3 went back to school yesterday and the house was so quiet, Cooper slept for 3 hrs, I slept for 2 and then felt bad cause I got nothing done. I have a job interveiw today at 3 so better get to it.

Hey Mel, don't feel bad for getting nothing done! Everyone deserves a day off every now and then! Good luck with your job interview! What kind of job are you going for?

Hi everyone else!

nothing much happenign here - we are busy looking at buying a house, and thats about it!

Hi Ali,
    I got the Job is at BP but better than nothing the pay rate is quite good and the hours are gr8t 4-midnight so I will stay there until cooper is a litlle older as I dont want to put him into care.

Mel, yay on the job! The hours sound good too. Is it close to home?

Rachel, how did your first few days back at work go?

Cass, the bum shuffle sounds cute!

Sarah, Claire is sort of walking, but she only does it if we are holding her hands. She too has discovered how to climb. We have a plastic box that she plays with and she knows how to put it upsidedown and climb onto it. Then she falls off. She has a nice big egg on her head now.

DH has gone away for a few days for Uni and I was feeling like a bit of a loner so I'm staying at mums till he gets back. Stupid me though - I forgot to bring Claires nappies!! I had them in a bag at the door and when I left my house with mum, it was hailing so I was distracted looking for an umbrella and forgot to get the nappies the nappies! I even went back inside and forgot again and ended up going into the fridge to get something to eat instead. Then I lost my contact lens case so I had to soak them in a bowl overnight. I think I just had an unco day! When it finally stops raining I might walk up to the chemist and see if they have nappies, if not then I'll have to get mum go pick some up for me on her way home from work. Supermarket is a good 3km away and I'm too lazy!

I'm still trying to sort out my work issues. Claire hasnt started daycare yet because the FDC mum has a jury summons for next week (she had to go on tuesday this week and they told her to come back monday next week and said they might need her all week) so that keeps on pushing Claires start date back even more. Then I want to let her settle in for a couple of weeks before I go back to work. Maybe this is a sign, telling me I shouldnt go back to work? lol. That and the fact that work is being so difficult. Apparently they are trying to create a new position for me and theyve asked me if I want to apply for another job there, but thats just ridiculously stupid. Why should I have to apply for another job just because they changed my conditions? Currenlty waiting for them to respond to some Q's I asked the other day. I was supposed to call someone today but I wrote her number on a peice of paper and now I cant find it. I'm so dumb!

Is anyone still catching up with their mummies group? I went the other day and I am starting to get really annoyed by some of them. There are a few who are so competitive and its just freaky to be that competitive about what your child is doing, iykwim. Its like 'oh my child was the first out of our group to do this and that blah blah" and 'oh isnt he/she doing this and that yet?" Sounds harmless but it was the way it was said. I felt like screaming at one of the mums there though when she scolded me for leaving Claires cup on the floor when Claire wasnt drinking from it.. because this other baby picked up Claires cup and I didnt realise - she didnt drink from it, but this other mum rushes over, snatches the cup from her daughter and tells me off. I dont really go often anyway, because they meet when Claire has her nap. But still, no need to be rude!

Ok well, i'm hungry now and I've waffled on way too much.

Karina, That mum sounds so rude, I really hate it when people are so competative, each child is different and will be better and quicker at some things but others have their own strenghts too, the sooner mums relise that the better, whats wrong with leaving her cup where she can get to it, cooper puts his down alll the time and goes back to find it. the job is only about 15mins away which is good, but now am dreading going back to work, I think am just nervous. Anyway better go and bath cooper.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast