Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born March 2008 #4

Default Babies Born March 2008 #4

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in March 2008.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Trillian ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13
    MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Your previous thread can be found here; http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/your...-2008-3-a.html

hehe beatrix - ur not the only one. sometimes after the morning feed, i sneak back to bed to sleep till 8, 9am..even an hr is precious

Danni, do you find that if your windy your baby is too? I ate some vegeterian sausages yesterday at a BBQ (Im a vego) and today I can't stop the wind!.. Lila has shocking wind today, her feeds are all over the place. She was doing so well too over the past few days, her feeding was actually getting into a pattern (well it was for only two days but thats something!!!)
    About DTD.... should you realistically wait until the stitches dissolve?

Prama/Beatrix - I am always sneaking back to bed after DJ's 9am feed haha Normally half asleep at the time haha

Danni - there are apparently certain foods that can cause wind in babies..... but at the end of the day all babies get wind, just frustrating I know..... I have found Infacol drops to work the best though

I have had such a great day, DJ has been great, sleeping and not being so unsettled so it has been great, I am almost up-to-date with my washing Yipeeeee My brother is cooking dinner as well, so I can get DJ fed shortly, then express some milk for early morning feed and then just relax afterwards.

Finding it much easier breastfeeding, finally not using a nipple shield and I don't mind how many times I breastfeed during the day, I actually lose count on the times I have fed him haha. Speaking of which he is needing a feed now.

Hope you have all had a great day.

Shell xxxx

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Quote Originally Posted by prama View Post
    hehe beatrix - ur not the only one. sometimes after the morning feed, i sneak back to bed to sleep till 8, 9am..even an hr is precious
    I do that too!

Quote Originally Posted by kanda View Post
    Danni, do you find that if your windy your baby is too? I ate some vegeterian sausages yesterday at a BBQ (Im a vego) and today I can't stop the wind!.. Lila has shocking wind today, her feeds are all over the place. She was doing so well too over the past few days, her feeding was actually getting into a pattern (well it was for only two days but thats something!!!)
    About DTD.... should you realistically wait until the stitches dissolve?
    Yes, I am finding that if I have wind, Jazz has it too. I'm kind of worried coz I have left over pizza which I was going to heat up for dinner tonight, hmmm. Maybe I'll have 2 pieces instead of 4 and see if that makes a difference.

I think it is best to wait until stitches are dissolved before DTD. I checked mine today and I think they are gone, but I'm waiting until I see the physio re pelvic floor (on Friday) before giving the go ahead to DTD. Also, I got my implanon put in today and because I haven't had a period yet (and probably wont for ages due to BF) the doc said it's best to wait a week or use condoms if we DTD before next Monday. But she said physically it'd be fine to go ahead anytime we want to.

I don't find what I eat has much effect on Paddy. When I have wind he doesn't. He's a great burper but does seem to trap most of his wind at the other end. I've tried infacol drops but they don't seem to help anyone got a good tip to encourage the farts.

I bought a brand new ring sling on ebay for $37 incl. postage from Tilly Slings. It's really easy to use and put on for a quick shopping trip. I have a bad back and find I can wear this for a reasonable length of time. Hug a bub still takes some beating for comfort though.

I've DTD . Everything working fine. We managed to fit it in between feeds and pesky teenagers.

BTW I sneak back to bed any chance I get! Apparently afternoon naps are particularly helpful to your milk supply.

Quote Originally Posted by shell_120308 View Post

Danni - there are apparently certain foods that can cause wind in babies..... but at the end of the day all babies get wind, just frustrating I know..... I have found Infacol drops to work the best though

Finding it much easier breastfeeding, finally not using a nipple shield and I don't mind how many times I breastfeed during the day, I actually lose count on the times I have fed him haha. Speaking of which he is needing a feed now.
    Shell, I'm using "infant's friend" Jazz loves the taste and it always stops her crying.

I'm still trying to stop using my nipple shield. My nipples are coming out more now, but Jazz still wont go on without the shield.

Today in the doctors I noticed that Jazz is really getting quite smiley and also she's starting to respond to toys. I was playing with one of her pram danglies and she was loving it, getting very excited!

I think rather than spending heaps on one of those play mat things with dangly toys, I might make my own, much cheaper. I suddenly had a though as to how I could do it. Will draw a plan and show Matt.

teach - Poopy does huge stinky farts, he's just like his old man. hahahaha
    afternoon naps and milk, eh.. hehehe. best excuse to sneak another one in!
    well done on sneaking a DTD! hehe

Danni i got a floor gym from Aldi for $25 i am very impressed with it Summer loves it.

Can't remember who asked but we are using Donnalix and a little bit of cooled boiled water (no more than 10-15mls water) and it works really well, the donnalix is meant to be good for the painful cramping they get from the wind.

Prama yep all the girls play soccer both Sat and Sun, have been really enjoying Codie's games at that age they start to play really well and it's great to watch.

Bron Summer is rolling over too, i also thought it was a fluke but she has done it quite a few times aswell.

I can't remember what else i was going to say and i can't scroll down to check as it was on the prev thread.

We looked at a 7 seater car yesterday which will be nice, only prob is most 7 seater cars in our budget don't have a great deal of room inside. Fitting a pram in and shopping etc may be a problem. We are also looking around for another house, we are so cramped and crowded in here it is really hard to keep clean and there is no where to put anything i am so frustrated......

Little miss is fussing i need to go kiss her chubby cheeks xoxox

Hi there, my bub is a month old tomorrow (eek!) and only today has started feeding every 2 hours. Has anyone else had this?

Quote Originally Posted by all girls View Post
    Danni i got a floor gym from Aldi for $25 i am very impressed with it Summer loves it.

We don't have Aldi in Adelaide

Hi,

can remember who said what!!!

Re Sleeping in arms - Molly Jane use to wake when we put her down all the time, we decided maybe it was as there was no more body heat, so when putting her down in her cot, 5 mins before we would put a warm wheat bag in the cot, we take it out and then put her in and she loves it and doesnt wake up - maybe this wil help

No rolling over here, im sure its probably cos last few week she was held so much with visitors!

Teach PMSL - on the icon, not you DTD!!!
    Hasnt happened here - told DH that i am virtually a virgin again its been so bloody long - he was scare about hurting her when i was pg and then he was scared about hurting me - cute, but im over it and my dreams are telling me so - its time to DTD!!! (Sorry TMI!)

Gots some fleece today for nappy liners, cute pink and whte stripes (not that it matters as it is in her nappy!!!)

Kitty- Molly Jane was feeding really frequently, but i have started to stretch her to at keast 3 hours now - sometimes 5 (overnight)

Catherine - I was my BBH every 2nd day

ot to go - she who must be obeyed has stirred!!!

trina - what positions does codie play? i love soccer. it will be nice if lakshman picks up soccer or cricket. im be paranoid if he picks up rugby like his father.. wouldnt be able to bear all that injury on my little baby..

sj - hehe, cute liners. interestingly i got Poopy dark blues, when i was pg.. maybe it was a sign......hmmm
    i was thinking of using a wheat bag to heat up his bassinet cos it gets cold at night.

I get milk coming out from a couple of spots at the base of the nipple and start of the areola, is this normal? and i suspect him sucking near there makes it more painful. well i can feel his gums on it, so he's chomping as well.
    im only putting him to the breast a couple of times a day, else it starts to hurt/burn for a long while after the feed.

I'm so tired today, didnt stop at all. he needed 2 baths today. we had a bath in the tub, then i went to dress him up and just put a nappy on and he did a poo. i cleaned him up and he did another poo. i waited, then he did some more. and he was crying a little, and then spewed a little. just when he was all cleaned up, i turned to get his nappy and he did a little runaway hose, and pee-d all over himself. so he needed another bath! he made use of almost all of his orifices!
    Last edited by prama; April 14th, 2008 at 09:48 PM.

trina - i forgot to say 'yaay' for getting a new car. i hope you get a nice big house too soon!

Trina - it was me asking about Donnalix and I think I might have to get some. Even though Infacol works well I really think he is still in pain so might have to get some to give it a go. Hope you can find a good 7-car seater. We plan to upgrade my car once I get back to work in September as well. My car is a hatchback and even though you would think it would be easy to get the pram in and out it isn't, it is actually quite difficult.

Sorry to burst in like this but I need to mention some things to a few of you

Danni - you can have our playgym thingy. Em wont stay under it anymore coz there is better stuff she can crawl to IHO. Give Jazz kisses for me

Trina - I am also thinking about a 7 seater and have found one with decent boot space. SsangYong Stavic. The Mercedes Vito is also good with the seats in for boot space. The SsangYong does have some of the Mercedes parts. I will be getting one eventually - when we can afford it.

Jade - sorry I am going to have to finish up with playgroup but feel free to call me or message me to catch up.

All of You - sneaking back to bed is a good thing. When you are rested you are more equipped to deal with daily stressors and all things baby. When you are on your first baby take the chance to sleep when they sleep because the amount of sleep you can get with other children is way less.

Prama - i get milk from there too!

Off the GP this morning, getting Molly Janes hips checked and also a general chec over.
    As i have decided that i am not going to see my Ob again (EVER ) i will get her to do my 6 week check too.
    Then we are off to our first mothers group - i am really looking forward to it and meeting some new people in the area.

Have a great day
    BBL

SJ - enjoy the mothers group meeting, would love to know how it goes. I haven't got a date for one yet. Good luck for doctors apt as well

Poor little DJ still suffering from bad wind..... Seems like it is never going away, just when we think it is going away it comes back - poor bubba...... I was going to try Donnalix but hubby thinks I should get advice from doctor, so I might just take a walk up to the baby clinic instead on Thurs and see what the nurse says.

Question for you all - when breastfeeding, does your baby always get milk drunk? or only some of the time? DJ can sometimes get milk drunk and goes straight to sleep whereas other times he just sits there content with his hiccups.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast