Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

welcome back again Bek
    I wouldn't worry about the weight, sounds pretty good to me! For us, at 12 weeks DS only weighed 3.47kg!!! He was VERY skinny. We had to start comp feeding and as at 14 weeks he weighed 4.58kg, so he is catching up but not quite there yet. Not sure what he has put on this week. Hopefully he is still stacking it on!

hey girls thanks for your replies i guess i will just keep doing what i am doing and hope that it eventually works.

Beck - i have heard of giving them a feed at around that time i think i read somewhere it was called a dream feed just to help them make the distance i might try that and see what happens hopefully she will start to sleep longer.

At the moment cailin is suffering from a viral infection she picked up whilst we were in adelaide so i dont think i will be trying anything till she gets over that the poor little can hardly breathe through her nose....

i hope you and your bubs are all doing well but i have to go put some drops in bubbas nose so iw ill speak to you all soon. Take care

WOOHOO! Josh put on another 420grams this week. He now weighs 5kg! That's a total gain of 1.53kg in three weeks!!

WOW!!! That is fantastic news Laranna.

Hi girls...been pretty quiet in here! How are you all going?

Joshua has started sleeping through for the past week...he usually goes down around 10ish and wakes anywhere between 5am and 7am! I'm not convinced that this is permanent yet so have been still waking up during the night in anticipation of J waking up...lol

I'm here ... I'm always here actually! lol
    laranna - one piece of advice, stop waking up waiting for him to wake up!! Now that he's starting to sleep longer, it sould only get better from here. Having said that though, 4 months is a major development stage for them and a lot of babies do get very restless at night again. It only lasts a few weeks though and not all babies become restless.

I had to go through Emily's wardrobe on the weekend and take out all the 000 clothes and wash all the 00 clothes. She's just growing too quickly. In the past couple of days she's gone from occassionally rolling, to full on rolling, kicking her legs everywhere. She's just non-stop when she's awake. If she could, she'd sit up. We have one of those baby seats for her, but her legs are too fat for it

cailin'smummy - Has Cailin's viral infection cleared up now?

beck - how are you feeling, do you know when you're going in for your op?

klee, kristale, blanche, lulu, how are you all going? Have I missed anyone??

Hi all,
    Ha, Jodi, had a laugh when I read your last post about the 4month devel. stage and babies getting restless as Macey started waking for night feeds again earlier in the week. Had 3 nights in a row where she was hungry by 4am and then startving again for a feed at 7am- so unlike her normally.

Luckily last 2 nights have been more back to normal sleep thru's bar having to put the dummy back in occasionaly.

Can't believe how fast the tiem is going and that she'll be 4months old next week. Am booked in with M&CHN next wed for 4 month checkup and needles. Have also got DS Harry's 18 month checkup & needles so could be an intersting experience!

Am still trying to organise date for gallbladder op :-( at this stage looking at start of Nov- just need to see if DH can get a few days off work as I wonlt be able to do much lifting for the first few days especially.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :-)

Hi all,
    Ha, Jodi, had a laugh when I read your last post about the 4month devel. stage and babies getting restless as Macey started waking for night feeds again earlier in the week. Had 3 nights in a row where she was hungry by 4am and then startving again for a feed at 7am- so unlike her normally.

Luckily last 2 nights have been more back to normal sleep thru's bar having to put the dummy back in occasionaly.

Can't believe how fast the tiem is going and that she'll be 4months old next week. Am booked in with M&CHN next wed for 4 month checkup and needles. Have also got DS Harry's 18 month checkup & needles so could be an intersting experience!

Am still trying to organise date for gallbladder op :-( at this stage looking at start of Nov- just need to see if DH can get a few days off work as I wonlt be able to do much lifting for the first few days especially.

Hope everyone has a good weekend :-)

Another YAY on weight gain - Josh is now 5.4kg so basically he has put on about 2kg in 4 weeks!

Jodi - yep he has started to become unsettled again and is waking at 4am for that extra feed, still we get good block of sleep from 10pm so it's not too bad.

I was saying to DP last night how it seems so long ago that I was up feeding every 2 hours round the clock and crazy as it sounds in some ways I miss it already! And I miss being pregnant too...am I mad? lol

Anyway, Josh is going well. He is ticklish and I get lots of laughs out of him at change time. The only concern I have atm is that he is not yet lifting his head when on his tummy. The CHN checked him out and is happy with his neck/head control when he's upright and to just keep going with lots of tummy time.

Default Woo Hoo for Josh!

well done Laranna on Josh's weight gain. That is fantastic! Have you just increased the no. of feeds per day to get to this or is there another secret?? Always handy to know just in case.

I know what you mean about our bubs seeming like they've been here forever already. I found myself talking to DH about a possible no.3 on fathers day morning as the 4 of us were all curled up in bed getting cuddles! You'd think that after being pregnant for the last 2 NYE in a row that it would be the last thing I'd think about. Aside from all the PG aches/niggles & side effects, I also miss having the little bump wriggling around inside me too!

We have an app with the M&CHN on wed for both kids checkups (4mo & 18mo) & needles so could be a fun day all round. Thankfully DH has got he day off work so he'll be able to come with us to help. Macey is still a bit of a skinny minny so I'm very keen to see what her weight is like. Compared to what her brother harry was like at same age- she is nearly 700g lighter by my measurements even though I know every bub is different and especially between boys & girls.

Question for the group please;
    what is everyones AF's doing- are your cycles still skew-if or have they settled back down again. Sorry if TMI but after I finished normal post natal loss, I started back on mini pill and was getting AF every 2 weeks (same as it was after DS was born!). the difference this time is that after 3 or 4 fortnight cycles its gone AWOL again! Now into week7! Not that i'm complaining and I know that when BF it can delay AF but I'd of thought that once it started again back into cycles it wouldn't just stop again. Has this happened to anyone else??
    Oh and if anyone is wondering- have done 2 PG tests over last 2 weeks with NIL result so it can't be for that reason- thank god! I know how fertile me & DH together are so that scary thought did pass my mind initially.

Anyway- both kids are in bed & DH's at work again tonight so while the sink is full of dishes, I'm lurking here trying to forget about them instead. Hope everyone has a good night!

Don't have much time, but just to quickly answer your q beck, AF for me has not been normal at all. I usually have very regular AF (even when b/f) but since Emily has been born, I've had it once, then nothing more. But I do get spotting frequently. Not enough to have to wear a pad or anything though.

A massive congrats on Josh's weight gain Laranna!!

Gotta run, bbl.

Beck - no secret really, he was really underweight so after lots of investigation and trying various things I had to start comp feeding with formula just so he would get the extra calories to put on the weight. I felt really bad about it but now I know we did everything we could and he is still getting the goodies from my breastmilk. The comp feeding is time consuming (our feeds still take an hour) but it is worth it in the end so he still gets my milk. So the huge weight gains this month is him basically catching up to where he should be. I expect they'll start slowing down soon though. He has about 6 feeds a day. We do it with a feeding tube at the breast so it maintains the supply I have left (not enough for him to go solo but I am hoping we can fix that!) and he doesn't get used to bottles. He might have it via 1 bottle at the 4am feed and then I use a number 1 newborn teat to make it hard work for him geez I'm mean but I would rather him get better at sucking and not refuse the breast iykwim..

Regarding AF, I still haven't got mine back yet which I'm really surprised about because I thought that as soon as we started the formula top ups I'd get it back. No sign yet. Then I thought since he's sleeping through the night (last feed at 9pm, first feed at 4am or 6am) then I'd get it back but no sign yet! So, I don't really know

Anyone still around...?

How are we all going?

Joshua had his 4 month immunisation today he screamed. I think it was even worse than the first lot because now he is more aware of himself, of me and of his surroundings plus he has tears when he cries so it just makes it seem a lot worse! He's sleeping it off now poor little thing.

im still here been busy!

oh poor Joshua, so sad when they get tears..glad to hear hes having great weight gains..get Jack weighed again on monday so will be interesting to see how big he is now!

Jack had his needles on monday, only cried when the needles went in the was all smiles again!

not much happening here same ole thing!

how is everyone else?

ETA - forgot to say that ive only had AF once since Jack was born and that was last month so will be interesting to see when she shows up again
    Last edited by *EmJa*; September 11th, 2008 at 06:31 PM.

I'm around, but I've got the flu so only reading for now. Emmie's needles are next Wednesday. Can't wait to get her weighed and measured. Everyone keeps commenting on how big she is.
    Gotta run, I've got a killer headache, and I'm going back to bed now.

Jodi: Sorry to hear ur unwell- hope your'e managingt o get soem rest in between looking after the girls. There never seems to be enough time in the day for mums to be sick anymore- we always seem to come last on the list of things to do!

We had the 2 kids M&CHN checkups on yesterday and both with needles (4mo & 18mo) Both of them had a quick scream but were fine again within a minute or two. Poor Macey really squealed when the put the last needle in as that one apparently stings a lot more than the others!

Weight gain is still in the slow side with her avg about 100g p/w and is now 5452gms & 60cm length but health nurse said I didn't need to worry at this stage as she seems happy & content enough and is still sleeping well thru the night (most nights anyway!) Guess I'll just keep an eye on it over the next month or 2 and review my options from there.

My nurse also talked about starting macey on solids but think I;ll wat this time until 5 months. She is feeding really well on the boob and doesn't yet seme to be looking for solid foods yet- still does the tongue thrusting from time to time. I remember with DS I started hsi solids at 4 months but was always a hungry baby and needed more food than I could ever give him. I also rememberf rom lat tiem that once they start on foods they no longer seem liek ur little baby anymore- they just grow up so quick so I want to make the most of Macey's bub time for as long as I can!
    Hope everyone else is going well.

we're still around too but we've all been sick for the past 2 weeks, probably since last time we posted actually. joseph had to go on antibiotics as he had a viral infection which gave him an upset tummy, then a cold, now conjunctivitis, i babysit my 4 y.o. nephew every friday so joseph picks up everything he has, i thought b/f babies weren't meant to get sick? df and i have both have the cold so we are a little worse for wear too. joseph still not sleeping through, he's back to 4 hours then 2, then every 1, not sure what to do, do you all just think its cause he's still not 100% or maybe coming up to this 4 month unsettledness?
    jodi - hope your feeling better
    laranna - joshua is gaining great, good work. joseph doesn't really lift his head well off ground either, but has good control when carrying him so not sure what go is there either, maybe our boys are just not confident .
    was going to do longer post with more personals but got an unhappy boy

klee - that sounds exactly what Emily had been doing for the past 3 weeks. Waking roughly every 4 hours. It was driving me insane, considering she never even woke that much as a newborn! But she's been sleeping through again since Wednesday night, so all good. I reckon it's just the 4 month growth spurt.

Well I only managed 4 hours sleep last night, but for some strange reason I feel fantastic today! Weird. It must have been a 24 hour bug or something.

then I use a number 1 newborn teat to make it hard work for him geez I'm mean but I would rather him get better at sucking and not refuse the breast iykwim
    laranna, I do the same thing if I give Emily a bottle!
    You're doing such a fantastic job with the feeding, you must be very proud of yourself.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast