Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Anyone out there!
    How is everyone going?

Emily had her needles yesterday, and she did so well, hardly any tears. Had her weighed and she's 7.2kg. I looked at Nina's health book, and Nina was only 6.2kg at 4 months, so there's a whole 1kg difference between them at the same age!
    Emily is back to sleeping well overnight. She kept waking at night, so I've stopped wrapping her, and that did the trick. She's also started bunny hopping on her back and moving around that way. It's very cute.
    We've all been sick with the flu, well everyone except Emily. Dunno how she escaped it, but I'm glad she did.

Well must fly, off to meet my mum for lunch then have to do some shopping.

Hi everyone. I've been seriously MIA - we've had lots of problems with Elena that ended with a stay in hospital. Things are improving now but she's struggling with bottle feeding so while 45 minute long breastfeeds every 2 hours are a thing of the past, she's still not taking much in so her weight is pretty low - still only 5.2kgs. Its been a very tough first four months and I'm finding myself often wishing the next 6 months to pass quickly so we can get to the stage where it is so much easier. DH and I went out on our own yesterday - it was the first time it has been just the two of us since before Elena was born. It was really nice to just spend time with him, but when we got home Mum said that Ellie had been really distressed the whole time we were gone - she really is a mummy's girl, and that added to the last lot of problems we have to get through made for a very unhappy girl. Took the fun out of it a bit when we knew how unhappy she was. Still, for the sake of our marriage I think its an important thing for us to keep doing. It was the first time I've left her with anyone other than DH so hopefully she will get better.

Anyway, better go and clean up the disaster zone in the family room. Sorry for no personals but glad to read that basically everyone is doing well.

everyone

Jodi- good to hear Emily is sleeping well again at night.. hope you have a nice lunch with your mum.

Lulu- good to hear from you, sorry to hear things still arent going to well..i really hope things get better soon. it is important in every relationship to go out once in a while without the kids.

Jack is 7.8kgs now and 65cms in length, big boy, DD was bigger though she was 9.2kgs at 4.5 months! she was a very chubby baby, she is now 12.5 kgs @ 22months
    things going pretty good here, Jack has started lifting his knees up a pushes himself up like hes trying to crawl :eek:

oh lulu, so sorry to hear of what has been going on. How is your PND going, have you managed to find some medication yet?
    I agree with Blanche, it's important for you and DH to get out every now and again and have some time to yourselves.

ETA:
    hey blanche! Great to hear from you. WOW, 7.8kg, he's a healhty boy isn't he. I can't believe Emelia was 9.2kg at 4.5 months! How much does she weigh now?

Still haven't gone yet. I'm ready, so that's something. Emily has crashed out on the playmat, so I'll go soonish.

Emelia is 12.5kgs @ 22months now so she has thinned off alot !!!!!!

ETA- Jack blows raspberries all the time now its so funny i hear him over the moniter doing them even lol, any other bubs doing that?

Just saw that you said that already!
    I just measured Emily while she's sleeping, and she's about 67cm.

Emily doesn't really blow raspberries. But she has just started sucking on her feet, which is so cute. You don't realise how flexible they are! I have some of you on facebook, and my profile pic is of Emily doing that the other night. Oh, and Emily sighs, a lot. And it's really loud.

Jodi - I decided not to try any other medication and instead am seeing a psychologist. She has actually said that I don't have PND, but "reactive" depression. Not a hormone imbalance thing so medication would not be so likely to work. We're working through a few things - like what she says are the ridiculous expectations I have of myself! - so hopefully things there will look up too once Elena settles down and is healthier, I get some decent sleep and we manage to get some sort of routine happening.

Why is it that they always crash out for a lovely sleep when you want to go out??? :-) Hope you enjoy your lunch with your Mum.

Jodi - hope the flu is disappearing for you guys. What a relief it missed Emily. WTG on being such a brave girl for her needles! And WOW to the 7.2kg, nice work! Hope you had a lovely lunch today

Lulu - BIG I'm sorry to hear things are a bit bleh for you atm. I'm glad you and your DH got to spend some time alone together, what a treat! You are brave for leaving Elena your mum. I'm still too scared to leave Josh with anyone, not because I don't trust our parents, I'm just a wuss!
    Josh's weight is still low as well - as of Monday week ago he was 5.4kg, so similar to Elena. Haven't weighed him this week. The whole feeding and weight thing is so stressful isn't it. I'm already starting to feel anxious and scared at times about it for the next baby!

Blanche - Jack sounds like a big boy now! No raspberry sounds here yet. Josh just blows lots of bubbles a dribbles heaps!

He's still being a lazy bum and not really lifting his head while on his tummy on the floor. He will do it if I put a rolled up towel under his chest or if I carry him on my arm face down, just not on the floor. I'm starting to get a little worried about it, but the CHN seemed happy with his neck and head control last week. We are seeing the paed again next week to review his weight, so will see what she says about it.

Had lovely morning at the hairdressers and Josh loved sitting on my lap staring into the mirror while I had my hair done...hehe...

Any of you Perth girls heard of Hush Baby? I've been to a session and it was really good, got some good advice on settling bubs to sleep. We are getting better at it too now although it's not happening every single time. Josh had a big 3 hour sleep yesterday afternoon and usually he hardly sleeps at all in the afternoons.

laranna - Josh's weight is small, but it's ok. Like I said, Nina was 6.2kg at 4 months, so quite small compared to Emily. Every baby is different. And Josh has had some fantastic weight gains over the past month or so. You should be proud of what you're doing. Remind yourself that you're doing a terrific job with him.

lulu - I hope the psychologist can help you. Try not to be too hard on yourself. This parenting business is stressful isn't it.

Had a lovely lunch with mum, then Emily and I went to the shops for a few hours. It was nice to get out and about without Nina. I love her to bits, but it's so exhausting trying to do anything these days with a toddler.

Hi ladies,
    wow no posts for days then we all get chatty again or is it that we just managed to find a spare 5mins to ourselves. I.m thinking more so the 2nd option.

WTG bubs on the weights. Macey is a little bub too- was 5.4kg last week at 4mo checkup but is generally a hppy baby and sleeps reasonably well thru the night so the MCN doesn't seem concerned. Liek some of your siblings, Macey is 1.5kg LIGHTER than her brother Harry was at same age. I hate comparing but can't help not to when there is such a big difference.
    My MCN last week suggested that I try macey on solids to see how she goes so have been giving her a tsp of Farax & EBM roubd tea time when she is really unsettled and seems to be helping a little bit. She's still not convinced on the food thing so it takes me a good 20mins to feed her the 1tsp's worth as I have it so watered down (with EBM I mean!)

Spent the day today on a girls shopping day with Macey & my sister at the Melb DFO outlet. tryong to make an early dent in my xmas shopping. Macey was well behaved as longa s she got her feeds when she wanted and slept most of the car trip there & back which was good. Was still unsettled at tea time tonight though as she didn't get a chance to have her normal big (3hr) sleeps morning & arvo like she does when at home.

Got a call on our way to melb this morningt o say that my Dad was in Intensive care after having a very mild stroke this morning - ahhhhh. apparently his pulse is too slow (resting heart rate has been round 40 and he's 61yo mind you!) no major damage thank god but they're keeping him in ICU over thwe weekend to monitor his heart and looks liek he will be getting a pace maker put in early next week to help out in case his heart beat ever decides to go AWOL again.

I;m not ready to consider the fact that my parents wont be here forever so today was a big wake up call. Sorry for blabbing, just needed to chat. DH is on night shift again so it;s just me & the comp spending some quality time (he, he)

Have to go and get Macey up for last feed so I can go to bed.

Big hugs to everyone. sorry too braindead for personals.

PS: saw Jodi's post about facebook! if anyone else is on FB, send me a friend request to: Rebekah Fraser Foster!
    Foster is my maiden name but I use it on facebook so old school friends can find me!

oh beck, so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he'll be alright.
    Emily is the same, always needs her 3 hour sleep in the afternoon, otherwise she'll be restless that night.
    I've added you on facebook Anyone else on facebook let me know.

Thanks Jodi, these past few days have been quite good as we've reduced the amount of FF top-ups, so I think my supply has picked up slightly. I hope we keep going in that direction.

Beckstar - sorry to hear about your Dad.
    My DP is also working tonight. I feel a bit lonely when he's not here in the evenings. Thank God his project is nearly finished so he won't have as many late nights. It's really weird that I have this strong sense of loneliness when he's not here. Before Joshua came along it never bothered me, in fact, sometimes I thought to myself that I'd get some me time. But now I really miss him when he's at work late! I'm a sook I know hehe.

I'm also on facebook.

Laranna, I'm exactly the same when DH is off doing night shifts.

Never phased me before the kids were born but I do really miss him keeping me warm at night these days- especially if I've had to get up to feed and then come back to a cold bed

Macey has been really unsettled tonight- had a few visitors today so that may have put her out of whack. even resorted to topping her up with 100ml Formula which she rarely has as she was too unsettled to feed properly from me at her 7pm feed. Finally bombed out in my arms at 8:30pm is sound sleep next to me on the couch. will wake her again shortly to give her a top up feed so she hopefully sleeps the rest of the night thru. Has woken last 2 nights at 4:30am looking for a drink and as she is till on the small side I need to feed her as much as she'll take it.

Dad is doing much today & thanks for all your well wishes. Still in ICU tonight but just so the nurses can keep a close eye on his heart rate. Think its probably been a good wake up call for him to maybe start slowing things down with his work now that he's over 60 and make time for the better things in life ie; babysitting grandkids when I go back to work in jan

I stumbled across Chrissy's tgread last night about the unexpected passing of her husband back in July that I must have missed. I burst into tears when I read the posts about it. Have been thinking if her and the kids all day. Can't remember if Chrissy made the 1st of 2nd May baby buddies group- what a tragic thing- have no idea how I;d cope if I were thrown into the same situation. It's my greatest fear in life.

ok enough chatter for tonight- booby feed is calling. Big sleeps to everyone

PS: great to see you gals on Facebook too- so nice to put a face to the names now and see more pics of the gorgeous bubs too!

I have blanche, beck & chrissy on facebook. Who else is on there? Let me know

Hi Girls
    I have been reading the posts but havnt had much time to chat.
    Amelie is also still small 5.4kg last time I weighed her and they said that is fine as she is regularly puting on weight. She has just started to wake again at about 4am hungry so we tried some rice cereal this morning and she screwed her face up like it was poison. Is this a normal reaction to start with? Or maybe she isnt ready?
    We also have her baptism next weekend which I am looking forward to as all the family are arriving for it. I cant wait to see their faces when they see how much she has changed and grown.
    Anyone else's bubs started being unsettled when put in their cot? Amelie was always sooo good she now cries alot even after playing music and rocking her abit in her dark room, she does go to sleep within a few minutes but they are the longest minutes of my life.

Good to hear you Dad is doing better Beckstar.
    I also agree on the being alone at night now is horrible DH has been away a few times and I hate it without him at night he is also going away next week to the grand final how nice it will be for him while I stay at home
    We just had our first dinner out with friends and Amelie and she was an angel just went to sleep in her pram the whole time we were there.
    I am soo in love with her it is amazing how much you can love another human being.

Kristale, it's nice to hear that there is another small girl in the group as macey too was only 5.45kg at her 4 month check. I started macey on rice cereal this week also (following suggestion from MCHN) to help to plump her up a little and she is also pulls the funny faces like I;m feeding her ratsack or something alike! It's actually quite funny to watch. Keep thinking that I should perhaps video tape it and send it into funny hoem videos as she the baby clips always seem to win!

After being woke at 4am the last few nights for a feed, macey slept right thru without a peep last night from her last 'dream' feed at 10:30 till 8am this morning which was great. Was till up with 19mo DS though for an hour as he suffers from terrible night terrors and took him a lot longe than normal to calm him back down.

My Mum has just picked up harry to take him to see my dad in hosp today so I'm goingt o take Macey for a walk to the supermarket while he's gone. Dad is doing much today but there still running soem more tests to see what is really behind his symptoms. The bed rest is doing him good though as he wouldn't have sat this still in years.

will try and pop back in later in the day...

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast