Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Congrats to your friend Shez! That sounds like it was definitely time to come out!! Is it a boy or girl?

LOL Jodi - that is too true. Friends of ours keep saying that we want a baby that takes forever to walk...hehe

I took Josh down to the clinic today to weigh him and he's put on 210grams this week and is now 6.06kg Going nicely, so I think I will reduce his top ups from 80mls to 60mls and see how we go with that this week.

He's having a big sleep atm, been sleeping since about 1:15pm. I even managed to get in some Wii Fit time

Laranna, Josh now weighs more then Amelie she is only just 6kg. Yay on the big sleep Amelie will not sleep for more then 45 mins at a time during the day now. Bummer so I dont have so much time to get stuff done.
    We have Amelies's baptism on Sunday so I will busy preparing food and the house the next few days we have aprox 30 people coming after for lunch.

Congrats to your friend Shez. I hope she gets over her c-section quickly and her bubs is well and out of neonates quickly.

That's a great weight gain Laranna. You are doing so brilliantly well.

Kristale - I'm late weighing in on this one but no, your email was absolutely not offensive. TBH I get annoyed at people that think that having a baby gives them a built in right to behave rudely. Sure, if your baby wakes up sick and you're due someone an hour later you can't give more notice but I'm sure that wasn't the case for everybody. Its always annoyed me when people give last minute excuses when you've gone to any trouble. I hope Amelie's christening goes well on Sunday.

Jodi - that's gorgeous of Emily. Makes your heart melt doesn't it.

Elena does this cute little "happy dance" when she sees me walk into the nursery to pick her up. She giggles and wiggles everything. Geez its cute. She is rolling continuously back to tummy which is great, except that after a while she gets upset and starts screaming. I can't wait for her to learn to roll back again! I'm also looking forward to her walking (I know, crazy) or at least crawling. I found Izzy to be soooo much easier once she was mobile. The frustration these little people go through when they want to be somewhere but can't make it on their own is huge. I baby-proofed our family room downstairs as far as I could (open plan with kitchen and dining room) and touch wood, Izzy hasn't come to any harm (and no harm to anything from Izzy!) so hopefully Elena won't find a flaw in my system. I can't wait to see my two little girls running around together but I am a bit worried what sort of trouble they'll get each other into.

Anyway, things are looking up for us here. Elena has really settled into a bit of a routine and is now on formula full time (my supply didn't take kindly to being alternated with bottles) but TBH it seems to be for the best, although I'm sad I will never again feed my baby. She is so much happier, can now drink from a bottle relatively well, is sleeping beautifully and gaining HEAPS of weight - she now weighs 6.5kgs!! It wasn't that long ago that I think she was the smallest in our group. We're all heading off to Sydney next week for a family holiday. I can't wait to get away and am really looking forward to wandering around the zoo, parks, harbour etc for a few days and just taking it easy. Not looking forward to the flight though - not worried about Elena but Iz is going to be a nightmare to try to keep still for a few hours
    Last edited by LuluHB; October 3rd, 2008 at 11:16 AM.

Great to hear from you Lulu, and that you're doing well. Great to hear of Elena's weight Have fun on your holiday to Sydney!
    I reckon about 9months+ is a great age for babies. It's when they're sitting up playing with you, just becoming mobile. It's so much fun. It's when they're 2 and start trashing the place that you wish they would just sit still! LOL

laranna - he is such a little trooper, 210g weight gain in a week is fantastic! Well done.

kristale - hope the baptism goes well on Sunday. Look forward to seeing some pics.

hi ladies, seems like its been ages since i've been on here, sorry i've been getting dragged along on school holidays outings by my sister, not complaining but just not getting much time to ourselves.
    Laranna - go joshie, he's really gaining it now isn't he, thats fantastic. joshua and jo sound a lot alike, jo's not really interested in rolling, he'd much prefer for me to be down playing with him and laughing then to even considering rolling, also he's much preferring me to be sitting him up then anything else. his neck is not overly strong either but its starting to get better. when is his next check up? i think i remember you saying physio might be an option?
    kristale - i'm late at replying too but i didn't think your email was harsh in the slightest, as the other ladies said, yeah fair enough if bubs wasn't well but I'm sure not all of them were. hope amelie's baptism goes well, have a wonderful day.
    jodi - sorry emily isn't sleeping that well, they say even the slightest cold will put out their routine, so I hope she gets over it soon. i looked at her pics on fb and she is just gorgeous, she is a chubba bubba isn't she, just want to squeeze those cheeks.
    Lulu - the main thing is that elena is happy and if that means formula then so be it no one is going to judge you here, we'd all much rather see our little ones happy then anything else, have fun in sydney.
    shezabelle - congrats to your friend, wow it was a big baby for that gestation, lucky for a cs, , so glad everything is ok, you'll have to let us know the details.
    well joey is doing alright, gaining weight, he was 7.2kg at his 4 month check up and needles, so he's a bit of a chubba bubba too, didn't handle the needles too well, more so that he got a mild temp and a fever then anything else, so hard seeing them so upset and not being able to do anything about it. as mentioned before he's not overly strong on his tummy with his neck but i said to the mchn that I was concerned about his neck strength and the cheeky little one showed off for her, like nothing was wrong, think he's got me wrapped around his finger. ok heres probably a silly question but can you give your bubs too much attention? jo just seems to always want to see me when he's awake, otherwise he screams the house down. I mean its probably all my fault given my history, but does anyone have any tips on getting through this, i have tried giving him toys and other things to occupy him, but even through that he still needs to see me right in front of him.
    hi to everyone else, hope to see you on here again soon

hi ladies.. Hope the Baptism goes well Sunday Kristale.
    Thanks for all the well wishes for my friend she is doing well. Baby girl "LAcey Maree"is still in special care but doing well. My friend unfortunately had bp trouble after the birthand has had a bit of a rough trot, has only seen Lacey 4 times since she was born. She is now on the mend and hoipefully will be able to try and establish BF so Lacey come be in with her. I saw bub today and she has the most hair I have ever seen!!!
    Klee- I don't believe u can give bubs too much attention, they are still at an age where they think things disappear(never to come back) if they can't see them so Jo is probably just reacting to that. I find Ava likes to see me as much as possible and I try to accomodate but have to admit sometimes she has to cry.
    HUgs to all xxoxo

Great to hear from you Klee! I agree with Shez, there's no such thing as too much attention. I have found that when I put Emily in bed, and walk out, she's crying. She wants me to stand there and hold her hand while she goes to sleep. She's very much a mummy's girl.
    I think Jo was the same weight as Emily at 4 months.

shez - hope your friend recovers quickly, and is able to establish b/f. Lacey Maree is a beautiful name.

Well since I last posted, Emily has been sleeping through again So I reckon the growth spurt might be over with. She's also not feeding as much during the day as she was, thank goodness. With her feeding so much, and my low iron levels, I was feeling very drained.

kristale - hope the baptism goes well today.

Lulu - Elena's happy dance sounds tooo cute! Hope you guys have a great holiday next week.

klee - good to see you in here again! Yep, Joshua is getting checked again on the 20th Oct by the CHN and the paed wants to see him on the 14th Nov. Physio will be the go if he is still not pushing himself up. In the meantime we are doing HEAPS of tummy time and I am noticing a very small improvement but compared to other babies his age, he seems a bit behind with it.

I agree on the attention as well. I am sure onlookers think I'm a bit loopey sometimes as I will talk and play games with Joshua when we're out at the shops. I also give him lots of cuddles and attention and I've often wondered the same as you. Other mums don't appear to dote on their bubs in public as much as I do, well that's how it seems to me!

Jodi - YAY on Emily sleeping through again!

Kristale - how did the Baptism go yesterday?

I don't think its possible to give your child too much attention either. I'm always talking to my girls and we have really ridiculous conversations sometimes. Izzy is not really talking yet but her level of comprehension is truly amazing, and I don't think it would be anything like that unless she got the huge amount of attention we give her.

BBL - Elena just woke up screaming. :-(

Hi guys

The christening went really well but was so busy. There were lots of people to talk to and thank for the all the wonderful gifts she got. She has so much jewellery for a 4month old and two jewellery boxes to put it in ( so spoilt). I have posted photos on facebook for those of you who are on there. She was really good to even though she did get tired during the ceremony.

Where is everyone? Busy I guess.

Good to hear form you Klee. I agree that you cant give bubs too much attention they learn evrything from us so if we left them alot surely they wouldnt learn as quickly.
    I am also one to kiss and talk to Amelie in the shops I pick up all the vegies and show them to her and tell her what they are. People might think I'm wierd but I'm sure she enjoys it.

Im so excited today I had my measurents done at my pram fit class and I have lost 12cm from my chest, 9 waist and smaller bits everywhere else i was just thinking I might stop doing it but I certainly wont now.

Hope eveyone is doing well!

That's fantastic weight loss! Good on you. Last month I lost weight everywhere except my boobs, I gained 2cm
    Loved the photos of her christening, she looked gorgeous. Glad it was a good day.

I'm always talking to Nina, telling her what we're doing, or what we're buying if we're at the shops. They understand, and take in EVERYTHING. Mostly it's a good thing, but sometimes Nina will pick up on things we've said or done, which I don't want her too!

Have started Emily on solids now. Not what I wanted to do just yet, but she is ready, and wanting it. She only gained 150g in a month, but she's a big baby, so that's not too bad. She is now 7.6kg. I forget how long she is, but she is very long for her age. She's wearing clothes that used to be Nina's, but Nina wore them when she was about 9 months old.
    Not much else happening. It's very hot here lately. I've been taking both girls in the pool, and they love it. I introduced Emily to the pool this week, and she starts swimming lessons next week.

kristale - awesome weight loss, i'll have to add you to fb so i can see the pictures. glad to hear it went well though. what is pram fit class?
    jodi - wow on emily fitting in to nina's 9 month clothes, good on her for filling them out though. is emily enjoying her solids?
    thanks to everyone for their advice on giving bubs attention, you all make me feel so much better and a little more saner, I'm always talking to jo and getting funny looks, ah but so be it. i've had gastro or eaten something bad this week, so i haven't been able to give him as much attention for constantly going to the toilet and you betcha he rolled from his back to his tummy, the first one and I missed it, i think he just wanted to make me feel better or confused at wondering which way i put him when i left. sorry i have to go back to the toilet, will try and bbl.

Kristale, that's awesome weight loss! Nice work Where do you do pram fit class? I've always wondered about those types of classes but have never seen any advertised. I really need to do more exercise! Also, I checked out your pics on FB and the christening looked beautiful - you guys looked great!

Jodi - how is the solids going? What did you start with? The last few days I have been thinking about starting Joshua on solids just because he seems hungry after his BF's and top ups and he's mouthing and fascinated in watching me eat. I was planning to hold off until 6 months.

Klee - I hope you are feeling better very soon hun

Laranna - I really wanted to wait until 6 months with Emily, but it wasn't fair on her, as she was really interested, and wanting them. I started off just buying some jar food, that way I could see if she was interested. I just bought a mixture of fruit ones, and vegie ones, and also some farex. Now that I know she's interested, I'll start making my own pureed food for her.
    Emily was wanting more after a feed as well. Always looking for more. I feed her from both sides, then about an hour later I give her some solids. I've found she's so much more content with it, and sleeping much better, especially at night.

Sorry to hear you've been sick Klee. I hope you get better soon. Did Jo end up getting it. And on him rolling! Clever little fella.

That sounds pretty good Jodi. We've only got a month to go before he's 6 months (eek! where did the time go?!) so I guess I will just see how he goes. If he keeps feeling hungry like he's doing I think we might have to start early. Tonight he fed at about 6:15 (both sides, then 100ml FF top up) and just before 8pm he was hungry again and had both sides and another 100ml top up. I've finally just got him down to sleep.

He's been a bit grumpy the last couple of evenings and I'm wondering if he is starting to teeth. The drooling has been going on for ages and the day before yesterday he started getting the rosy cheeks as well. Will have to wait and see I guess. Hopefully he sleeps through tonight. He has been going from 9pm to around 6am give or take for weeks now until last night, when he woke at 1:45am, 4am and then 5:30am when he wanted to feed.

Hey ladies

Jack doing really well atm hes such a good baby, i think hes going to be my quiet one..which i dont mind at all!!! sleeping all night from 9pm till 8am so no complaints here just dont want it to change!

Jodi - sounds like Emily is doing really well on solids..we still havent started here, which is so strange to me cos Emelia was on solids around 4 months she was a little piggy!!

cant believe they are close to 6 months where the hell did that time go lol and my DD is 2 next month gone way to quick..

Kristale - wtg on the weight loss! glad the christening went well, pics look great

Laranna- i wonder if Jack is teething too hes been chewing everything he can for a while now but latley hes had more pooey nappies, slight nappy rash, rosey cheeks and little bit grumpy guess all we can do is wait!

Lulu- how was sydney?

hi to everyone else hope everyone is well and bubs are being good!!

Klee sorry to hear your not well. Hope you get better soon. It is so typical they roll when your not around to see it.
    Pram fit is a group personal training class I go to in Shelley by the river so if we are runnig we run with our prams and the rest of the time the trainer watches the bubs while we work out. They pick them up and rock there prams if their grumpy too it is a great class I am so much fitter after just 2 months but they do work you pretty hard. It is all women as well I am pretty sure they are all over Aus.
    They are called Babes on the run and they have a website.
    Laranna they also have a few locations north of the river as well. I would highly recommend it for weight loss and fitness and it is fun too being all girls we have a laugh at eachother.

Amelie is also showing all the signs of teething too except the teeth or hard gums so we will just wait and see to. Off to Japanese for dinner tonight Yum!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast