Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

lulu- Some of the bubs are over one and walking. The trainer keeps them occupied or if they are happy to stay in their pram that's easier. The session is 45mins but I'm sure it normally goes for an hour.

Thanks girls...he hasn't done it again but he's getting lots of tummy time. Yesterday he was getting frustrated cause he was halfway over and kept falling back onto his tummy and arm and he would make this loud angry grunt, then lift his head, look at me and laugh...it was sooo funny.

Lulu - how did you go with the high chair? We haven't started solids yet either, holding out till 6 months but Joshua is sooo interested in our food and us eating. I think he's ready but still gonna wait a couple more weeks. Don't want to create more work for myself just yet

Hi girls, Just me popping in again.

WTG on Josh and the other bubs rolling. Macey as done belly to back a few times and is so close to doing the back to belly- she gets 3/4 of the way there but loses momentum and then gets stuck there. Won;t be much longer till she works it out I'm sure.

Intro to Solids are also going well so far. Am going to increase to 2 meals from next week and see how she goes. She has really grasped the eating from a spoon and I think she loves chewing her gums into it even more. Likes her apple & farax and I;ve cooked up soem sweet potato today so will start her on that next week.

I also got macey weighted again last week and she was still only little at 5.99kgs. She was so close to the 6kg mark if onlt she hadn't doen the massie poo that morning- might have given her a few extra grams. MHN doesn't seem concerned at her weight though as she is a happy enough bub and is active and babbles all day so the nurse thinks that she just wont be a big bruiser like her brother.

Am hoping that the addition of solids though may help to boost her up a little. Is Macey officially now the smallest in the group???

I als hear you all on the weight thing. A young mum here in town runs a mum & bub squad similar to what soem you also do by the sounds of it. Its a great workout and Ive been going every tues since macey was 4wo. I always feel better in myself after but have not seen much of a difference on the scales which dissapoints me. I also do a fair bit of walking as well and chasing after 2 kids under 2 has to be classed as exercise surely.

I have also gone off Mini-pill a few weeks ago as my AF has been AWOL for last few months now so I figure that might help me to shift the last 3 kgs. Just means that DH & I have to be VERY GOOD when things get a little steamed up as it can be way too easy to get caught up in the moment and don't knwo how I'd cope if I we had a 3rd within 2.5yrs.

He whinges about having to use other protection but I;ve just told him to deal with it if he wants any :-) After all my body has been thru making & feeding babies, surely he can take control over the contraception for a few months.

ok need to stop blabbing. have to make a banana cake tonight for maceys chrsitening arvo tea tomorrow, do another feed and get to bed at soem reasonable hour would also be nice.

Sorry no personals, hope everyone is good though. Try and pop back in again soon
    xxoo

Hello, hello, is anyone out there?? Looks like evryone has been MIA this week!

Not too much to report from here. We had a great day on Sunday for Macey's christening. Have posted some pics on my facebook for anyone whos friends with me on there.

Macey is now also rolling from back to belly which is great except that shes forgotton how to get back off her belly so she only lasts there for a short while before getting tired and cranky and we have to go back and roll her over.

Can't belive how quick they are growing- not going to have babies for much longer thats for sure.

Hope everyone is good; Klee, blanche, laranna, kristale, shez, jodi?? have I missed anyone else??

I could have sworn that I posted in here the other day

Macey is now also rolling from back to belly which is great except that shes forgotton how to get back off her belly so she only lasts there for a short while before getting tired and cranky and we have to go back and roll her over
    That's exactly what Emily is doing.
    She's also starting to try and lift her belly/bum up off the floor when on her tummy (with her knees) but she hasn't managed to do it yet.
    She's a big girl now, she's sitting up in the trolley and in her highchair to eat!

I saw the christening pics Beck, she looked adorable!
    I'm not on the mini pill, actually I'm not on contracteptive ATM. Not because we're ttc, but because I'm too lazy really. But we have to be reeeeeally careful, as I too don't want more kids any time soon.
    How are the solids going?

lulu - Elena sure is doing things quickly. How old was Iz when she started walking?

Beckstar - I'm glad the christening went well. I agree with you on the being good. I am terrified that I will get pregnant again. I'm now back on the "full" pill and only just got my first AF in over two years. I was so scared it was an implant bleed!! ha ha

Laranna - we tried rice cereal last week but Elena was not the slightest bit interested. I don't really want to start any earlier than necessary either - agree with you that it is more work than needed.

Jodi - its such mixed feelings when they do "big girl" things like sit in a trolley isn't it. Izzy was walking at 10 months so I'm VERY scared that Ellie will do it even earlier. TBH I don't think it would be any "worse" than it is now - she is crawling so well that she is literally crossing rooms and dragging herself up on things to get to the stereo, tv etc. I know they say that subsequent children often learn more quickly from their older siblings but this is ridiculous

WOW, she sure is doing things full steam ahead isn't she!! I do think younger sibblings tend to do things quicker. Just in the last week, Emily has gone from laying doing nothing, to sitting up & playing, rolling around, and wanting to get up and crawl. I think in the next month we'll see a lot more from her.

Hi everyone, u are all here after all

Quote Originally Posted by LuluHB View Post
    TBH I don't think it would be any "worse" than it is now - she is crawling so well that she is literally crossing rooms and dragging herself up on things to get to the stereo, tv etc. I know they say that subsequent children often learn more quickly from their older siblings but this is ridiculous
    OMG can't believe she is crawling already!- I wold give anything for Macey to stay in the one spot for as long as she can- have enough work chasing around after Harry all day. You must be buggered already!

Jodi: Solids are going well. Just giving Macey one meal per day atm and tends to be round 4-5pm when she starts to get a bit cranky between her feeds. She's tried, apple, pear & sweet potato so far without too much trouble. Still not doing much in the poo dept though. She's never been a big poo-er but is still on the smaller size so she must be using it all up somehow. Doesn't seem to give her any trouble though so the MHN isn't concerned. I just drink a glass of metamucil every few days and hope that soem of that makes it way to her to help out. Any other bubs slow poo-ers too?

ok need to go to bed. Both kids have been snoozing since 9:30pm so if I was smarter, I'd of been in bed over an hour ago but had to get my BB fix instead.
    Nighty, night!
    Last edited by beckstar; October 31st, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

beck - just saw your other thread that your op is booked for end of November. Hope it goes well. I bet you're glad to get it booked finally.
    Emily is a regular pooer. Roughly every 3 days. I too feed Emily around 4-5pm each day. So far she only likes fruit, I think the vegies are too much for her.

DH sat Emily next to Nina this morning at Nina's little table & chairs while she ate her brekkie, and Emily grabbed Nina's bowl and shoved it in her face I guess she wanted some rice bubbles too!

ha, how funy would have that been to see! Gosh won't be long till the 2 of them are really sitting up there eating there breakkie together!

Yeah damn gallstones- am sooooo over them but am stressed about how I;m goingt o manage to keep up my milk supply. I was hoping to have the surgery done in Jan when my DH is on hols but the hosp isnalt taking any elective surgery in jan now so it's either end of Nov or wait till Feb and I don;t think my body can wait that long anymore.

We are having a weeks hols in QLD in mid Dec so just as long as I;m feeling well enough to enjoy the holiday. Not that we'll be doing anything exciting- plan on spending the week laying by the pool/beach with the kids and thats it :-)

taking the kids to a fair this morning so will try & check back in later today.
    TTYT :-)

PS forgot to ask:
    how can you see when others post new threads?? Do you just look thru the main forums page to see what topics on are there? or is there a quicker way to see?

I use the 'new posts' button to see all the new posts/threads since I last logged in.

A weeks holiday sounds nice. Where are you going?
    DH & I are going to Brisbane next weekend without the girls, and we're going to Townsville at the end of the month, without the girls again! We've only ever been away from Nina once, and never been away from Emily yet. I'm nervous just thinking about it.
    We're going on a family holiday between Xmas & New Year down to the Whitsunday's. Should be really nice then.

Sounds like all the bubs are really starting to move. Joshua is a slow poke and has only rolled from belly to back once more since last time and that was this morning. I'm sure he'll be moving soon enough though. ATM he seems more interested in playing with his toes.

Beck - I saw the pics of Macey's baptism on FB and she looked so gorgeous! I'm glad it all went well. We are still debating whether or not to baptise Joshua. I'm baptised but DP is not and he doesn't really mind either way, neither of our families are practising any religion. The only reason I was thinking of baptising him was so that we could send him to a private school but I'm not sure if that would make a big difference or not

WRT contraception...I wasn't on any when I fell pregnant (obviously!) because I was told I'd need IVF due to fully blocked tubes from endo. We are currently not using any contraception now as I don't want to take the pill as it messed up my cycles and body last time and we are too lazy to use condoms. But, we are open to the idea of having 2 close together and don't know how my endo is going and how long it will take to fall pregnant again so we are going for pot luck now Wow, I guess in saying that it means we are TTC#2 just not officially

Lucky to you girls going on holidays. DP has been working so much lately, he needs a break so hopefully we can get away soon, even if it's for a weekend down south.

I came down with the flu yesterday and feel like death warmed up today Thankfully, Josh has been sleeping through the night so I can get some sleep.

Yesterday I did the most silliest thing that will make you laugh. Had to go down to the shops, so put Joshua in his car seat and while I do that I usually stick my handbag on the boot of the car. Proceeded to secure Joshua, walk around to the drivers side, get in the car and drive all the way to the shops (5kms away) with my handbag on the boot!!! My bag was fully open too! A lovely gentlemen kindly notified me once I pulled into the carpark. I felt so silly and damn lucky that I didn't lose anything...hehe...I didn't even notice in the rearvision mirror because the car seat blocked the view!

laranna - thats hilarious, you must be a very careful driver or no corners on your way for the handbag to stay on, luckily it didn't fall off. about the rolling don't stress, jo only did it once or twice then didn't do it again for over a week then when he started up again it was like he'd been doing it for ages. so i think josh will be doing it more often from now and playing with his feet will cause him to roll on his side more often, then seizing the opportunity he'll be rolling more often. hope your feeling better too, its terrible when you feel like crap, but i'm sure joshie is making you feel better just by looking at him.
    beckstar - i too looked at macey on fb she's just gorgeous, i often forget that you can comment on pictures there. she looks like she had a ball. she's just absolutely beautiful. good luck on your operation, and sounds like you've got a well timed holiday in there. i meant to say i know your from ballarat, but we often get down there as dp's parents live in snake valley.
    jodi - emily is too funny, she obviously wants to fasttrack her solids, moving on to the rice bubbles so quickly lmao. jo is doing the same as emily, the leg lifting on his tummy, he's been getting up on the knees quite well but this morning he was up on his toes. he is a bit like macey and emily in that he'd rather have me turn him over then doing it himself.
    lulu - wow on the ellie and the early walking, sounds like she'll be doing it in no time, already getting accross the room wow. i've heard the sibling theory before and seen it with my own eyes, my older nephew walked at 14 months, then his brother walked at just over 7 months, crawled for 2 days then walked, he seriously looked like the dancing baby that used to be on ally mcbeal.
    and thanks to everyone for their advice re the sleeping issue, turns out i just have to hold him a little bit longer and he sleeps a bit better, he's still not a great sleeper but we're getting there. i do have another question re the sleeping, with starting to roll, is there any way you can stop rolling in their cot? and is sleeping on their sides ok? jo has just started wanting to sleep on his side, i'm a bit hesitant with this as i'm scared he'll roll on to his tummy and that makes me think of sids.
    wow on the pooing issue too, jo does a couple every day, always has. we had to actually take him to the dr's this week as he had bits of blood in there, it was only a little bit, but scared the bejeezers out of me. my sister seemed to think it was from teething, but the dr wasn't too concerned and didn't really give an answer, just to keep an eye on it.
    as for the contraception, we're not doing anything either (literally lol) with the hours dp is working I'm usually asleep before he gets home then he's snoring away when i wake for feeds. but if it happens it happens and we'd thank for any blessing we were given.
    anyway enough of my babbling and hello to everyone i have missed, i only really get to get on on weekends, so sorry i'm not on much but i read up as much as i can and I take advice from each and everyone of you so thank you.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617