Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies born May 1-15 2008 #2

Blanche - that's great that Jack is sleeping so much better and is so much happier. I had to put Izzy onto formula because she is lactose and gluten intolerant and it was the best thing I ever did - despite all the negativity and criticism that came my way (people really should mind their own business!!) Good for you I say. So much better that both your babies are happy and are getting lots of time with their mummy.

I'm not holding out any hope at all that Elena will sleep like that again, but its very, very nice to have even one night of it!

gggggrrrrrrrr, just lost my post! I'll start again ...

blanche - that's fantastic to hear things are settling down in your household now. I say whatever works. Yes, it's a shame you can't b/f, BUT it's a small price to pay to have a happy, content little baby (and big sister!)
    I don't know what it is about toddlers and dirt, but they love getting dirty, lol!

lulu - lol at the wet sheets. woohoo on getting a full night's sleep. Touch wood, I've never leaked. I can be really engorged, and feel like my boobs are going to fall off, but I still won't leak.

And yep, Emily slept ALL night She's only woken twice between 8pm last night and now. We're due to go out soon, so I might wake her for a feed.
    Well it sounds like most of the bubs here are doing really at night. Must have been that magic 6 week turnaround. Fingers crossed they keep it up.

lulu- Yay on the long sleep that must have been great.

Blanche- great to hear that things have improved for you.

Well I had a bad night Amelie woke 4 times from 2am and just seemed hungry so I gave her some and she didnt want much and went back to sleep but would then wake an hour later hungry again. So very tired today. She has just started crying now to and has only been asleep for half an hour better go.

Kristale - I hope you had a better ngiht with Amelie last night.

Last night was back to normal for us. Two feeds during the night but lots of stirring so that I was having to rock the cradle for hours on and off. Oh well. The 10 hours of the night before was nice for even a night, and good to know she can do it. Hopefully its just around the corner as a permanent thing. I had to get up during last night and express though - she took one side and was sound asleep and nothing I could do would get her on the other side and I was already leaking. I haven't expressed with Ellie yet so nothing was sterilised - figured I'd just get myself more comfortable and then throw the 30mls I was expecting down the drain. Except I got 125mls in 5 minutes!!! That never, ever happened with Iz. It was very depressing throwing that much milk away so I figure I had better get myself organised today and sterilise all the expressing stuff so I can build up a little milk store. It would be nice to think DH and I could go out on our own sometime, or God forbid I go out on my own!!!

Wow lulu 125mls you must have a huge supply. A pity that your night was back to normal.

Mine wasnt as bad as the night before but she did wake a few times and was very grizzly early in the evening. Dh is back tonight yay!!!

Blanche - great to hear things are settling down!

Jodi - yay on Emily sleeping all night

Lulu - 125mls is huge! I wish I could express that in one go.

Kristale - you must be excited to have your DH back!

I started on the motilium and I can only assume it is increasing my supply only by the fact that DS is going longer between feeds during the day (ie 3 hours instead of 2). The last couple of nights he has been waking more for feeding too. He goes from 10pm and then wakes about 12:30/1am, then again about 2:30/3am and then again around 6/7am.

Thinking I might venture out to the shops this afternoon. After getting out on our own this week for our checks it felt good to get out of the house.

Woohoo...Joshua was just giggling and laughing for the first time sooo cute! He has been smiling for a couple of weeks now but this is the first time I heard him laugh.

YAY Joshua It's so cute when they do that isn't it.

hi ladies, sorry not up to personals its been a very emotional week, i wont go into details cause its very upsetting but if any of you have seen the pregnancy after stillbirth and loss thread this week will understand.
    do you think our little ones feel our stress, cause ever since about saturday last week joeys been quite unsettled, he's just starting to settle now, we even managed a 6 hour sleep last night.
    jodi thanks for askign, we had another check on tuesday with the MHN and he put on another 500grams in 10 days, so thats pretty good I'm thinking, must be due to last weekends 2 hourly comfort feeds. we have the laughing starting too, except that today it was in to mid air, i was thinking maybe his angel sister was there making him laugh.
    anyway sorry for not saying much but i really should be resting as jo jo is asleep, not sure i will be on much for about the next 6 weeks as we have my sister and her family visiting from overseas, so take care everyone and give your little ones an extra special cuddle and kiss from me.

Klee - I am so very sorry about Mel's little Joshua.. Its just so unfair. Losing bubs while pregnant has broken my heart and I just can't imagine how totally destroying it would be to have been able to hold her beautiful son and give wings to all those hopes and dreams, only to have him so cruelly taken from her. Strength and love to you for tomorrow - it will be a very, very tough day. I'm holding my little girls a bit closer today.

klee - that's so tragic for mel & her dh. I will be thinking of them today @ 1pm, and also beyond that.
    As for stress, yes, they can definitely pick up on it. I know it's hard not to be stressed and upset during this difficult time, but try and relax as much as you can while you're feeding or holding him.
    And how cute that he's giggling at his angel sister! Nina used to look up at the ceiling in her room, and smile or giggle at it. There was nothing there, so I was thought she had an angel there with her.

We had a good weekend. Was very busy, we were hardly home, but it was good. Nina has broken out in spots since yesterday, so off to the dr today to see what it is. I hope Emily doesn't get whatever it is. I really don't want to have 2 sick kids right now.
    Emily woke up twice last night. Which is unlike her. She had quick feeds then went straight back to sleep. So I'm a little more tired than usual. And Nina woke at 7am, which is very early for her. Usually it's around 8.30.

klee - so very sorry to hear about mel thinking of you all xx

jodi - hopefully nina's spots are nothing. Josh also woke up twice last night - at 2am and then 4am but both were quick feeds and he only wanted the one side, then he was up at 7am.

Got him weighed today and he's put on 80g...i'm starting to accept that he is just not a big/fast weight gainer. We bought him a cradle swing on the weekend, just so he can sit in something that gives him a good view of everything...he seems to love it so far.

Klee- So sorry to hear about Mel my thoughts to you all.

Amelie had had two bad nights in a row waking at 10pm, 2am, 4am then 6:30am so feeling very tired and I have been looking after my DH 8 year old foster brother and DH is away AGAIN! But only for 1 night so hoping to catch up on sleep today.

Laranna- Amelie also has a swing thing and she loves it.

For the last few days J has been sleeping quite well after his night time feeds. He's feeding around 9:30ish and then wakes again aroun 2-3am and again at around 5-6, then again around 8-9 and he has been sleeping well between all those feeds. He's still asleep now although he is starting to stir for another feed. In saying this I've probably jinxed myself now!

The other night he must have had a bad dream or scared himself because he woke up suddenly with a really loud cry and I practically jumped out of bed, he scared the crap out of me, I was thinking OMG what's happened! But I picked him up and gave him a big cuddle while he did a few little sobs and 5 minutes later he was back asleep again.

Still really haven't worked out a nice evening routine yet. But we are getting there. We tend to bath him then I give him a feed at 7pm and try and settle him until his next feed around 9 and in the middle of all that try and cook and eat dinner!

Hope everyone is well!

Hi girls, sorry have been MIA for last week or so.

Just been flat out over the hols with 11yo DSS staying with us down from his mum's in QLD. He's been a great help in keeping harry occupied while I try to feed but is still another person int he house to feed, remind to shower, brush his teeth, etc.

Also had his bday in the middle of his stay with us so was a huge day with a family trip to the Melb Museum and then party tea at KFC and one of his mates come to sleep over that night. By 11pm that night I was feeling like the old woman who lived in a shoe!:-)

Also copped a nasty dose of mastitis on Friday arvo and by sat am was in total agony. DH was on run of nightshifts so luckily I was able to get my mum to look after kids while I went off to the docs on sat am to get some anti's and am now feeling 200% better. Couldn't believe just how quickly the fever, temp & aches n pains come on- bit scary really.

Am trying to get milk supply back to normal now as it had kicked into overdrive while I was trying to feed every 2hrs on weekend to drain boobs fully.

Had been feeling like I had the whole 2 under 2 thing under control until last weekend but now that I;ve had some decent catchup sleep, things are starting to look clearer again and back to normal.

Have had a quick breaze over previous posts- klee sorry to hear the horrible news- i honestly don;t know if I could survive something as strong as that and think that people liek you guys & mel's family are just pure angels to be able to manage on with everyday life so well like you do. Chin up charlie! We're always here for you- anytime you need it!

Macey had her 8wk check up today. has put on another 600gms in 4 weeks so am now upto 4710gms and grown another 3cms to 56cm. She's starting to fit into her 000 gear really well now so have been having fun dressing her up for day time outings. She also had her needles today and so far seems ok and happy to snooze the day away (probably a smart idea as it's only 5 degree outside here atm and doesn't look like getting any warmer. some parts of town even had snow this morning- bbrrrrrr)

on another note, how are everyones bubs poos going? Have your bubs slowed down now too? Macey averages one poo every 8-10 maybe. MHN didn;t seem concerned about it as it it not causing her greif but my god she has some stinky farts!!! I;m sure they've come close to killing the cat they are that potent!

ok should be tyding the house while both kids are in bed so need to run.
    hugs to all the growing bubs!

for soem

mastitis, I've heard that can be nasty beck. thank goodness you're on the mend now. Sounds like you've had a busy week. Bet you'll be glad when school holidays are finished. 5 degress! ****!!! We only getting 24-26 degrees during the day here
    That's a great weight gain btw.

Laranna - that's good to hear night time is settling down for you. As for a night time routine, I think what you're doing sounds good. It's hard to get everything organised at night when you're trying to settle and feed a baby. The best advice I can give you for that one, is to organise dinner early afternoon. I've already put my dinner on for tonight. Not sure when your dh gets home from work, but I plan on having dinner on the table by 6.30 at the latest each night. We found that to work best.

kristale - how was last night, any better?

ETA:
    I hope Blanche doesn't mind me saying this, but her little man Jack is in hospital with bronchiolitis. Has been since Sunday night.
    Blanche honey, I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Blanche - sorry to hear about Jack, I hope he gets well very very soon

beck - ouch on the mastitis, glad you are feeling better. WRT the poos, J is doing them 2-3 times a day and farts plenty! His farts dont really smell unless he does one while I'm cleaning his butt and then its peeewww!

Jodi - great idea about getting dinner ready early, I did manage to do that last night and am hoping for the same tonight.

We had an arvo out at the shops, came up to J's feed time and found out the parenting rooms were crap so luckily J seemed happy to wait 20 min til we got home.

Blanche- hope Jack gets better soon.

Beck- Amelie still goes atleast once a day but before it was two or more and very smelly wind to.

Another crappy night for us. Praying tonight will be better she must be having another growth spurt beacause she just wants more food when she wakes.

Laranna- Where was the parenting room crap? They have a great one at Carousel.

We met our mothers group today we were out for about 3hrs and Amelie was awake nearly the whole time so she got to see the other bubs for the first time as she is normally asleep.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast