Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #8

rails Guest

phew ! ... glad to hear i am not the only one having trouble at dinner time. I am doing the same thing with some food on the tray which he picks at ... & i try to give him some from the spoon as well - which gets pushed away most times - He feeds himself at lunch time fine (sandwhich) .... am going to try not to get too stressed over it, just put it there for him & see how we go. DH ended up giving his dinner yesterday - that worked LOL, told him he will have to feed him from now on.

hey everyone.

Michelle yay on alex'sfirst pair of shoes! how exciting, we still havent brought Chloe any yetnot much point till she starts walking properly, she took a few more steps yesterday which was exciting she even did it for ehr godfather when we went there last night for dinner so he got rather excited too.

rails, food can be a problem here too, I have a problem with finding a good variety but if she has vegimite sandwhiches 2 days in a row she wont eat it the second day untill i get her a jam sandwhich and then she'll eat it. WOOHOO on the step taking

Dee, were not sure what hospital were having bubs at, Maitland would be closest for us,but tehn I dotn know which hospital ahs which good services or anything . I wanna go abck to adelaide lol then id know what i was doing. Were gunna ask my doc when I go in to see her on Monday.

grr our car got stuck yesterday, we went to a friends who wasnt home to pick something up and when we went to leave our car just wouldnt start grrr, so we called chloes godfather in stockton to see if he could come help , but then we realised we had road side assist, so we caleld them and an hour later a guy in a huge truck arrived and looked at it , told us ti was a flat battery which we thought it was anyway, and jump started our car ( the whole time chloe was getting rather bored and grumpy and i was thinking if we called paul, chloes godfather , we woulda ben outta there half hr ago as stocktons only 15mins away) so anyway looks like our battery is on the blink grrr hopefully it'll last till thursday without us getting stuck anywhere again coz thursday is payday..
    webrought the car second hand in sept last year, its a 2001 model so the car has had a good life with it, just a pitty we didnt too lol.

better go chloes tired but refusing to go back to bed might see if i can persuade her some more lol, I found ehr two top molars throuhg last night, I was sure she was teething but she just has huge lumpson the bottom where the molars are and although i could feel them they were poking through,so then i checked her top ones and yep, there they were poking through,so now just the bottoms ones and hopefully she can have a rest from them

hope everyones well

Well not trying to kill the mood but this bubba had a HB of 174 and is a boy still, heres hoping one of you gets a girl though lol, well if you want one
    Have fun with it though Michelle

Dee: Hope the car works out for ya and practice reversing a lot on the farm first lol

Sorry i dont feel so good right now, having some pains and yuck stomach, nothing major

bbl though

Lesley - sorry to hear about your car troubles. I don`t know what Maitland is like, I had Matthew at Newcastle Private and this bubs I`m having at John Hunter, we have to drive right pass Maitland Hospital to get there, John Hunter is just over an hour to get there for us. Tegan had Lily at Maitland but is having #2 at John Hunter.

Belinda - Hope you feel better soon

Michelle - Missed your post earlier, yay for the new shoes

Thanks Dee, i am ok now just had a crampy yuck day yesterday, all seems better now, guess it was just ligaments stretching and stuff, had it awhile ago

Nothing much else happening, Luke is refusing to go to to school and Mason is whinging cause he is tired, so all good here lol

Michelle, what does Alex think of his shoes?

Dee, LOL @ having to hold Matthew's hands just to get him to taste food. I have to do that sometimes with Kynan too. I always tell him he has to at least taste what I'm offering and if he doesn't like it after that then fine but sometimes he finds that he really likes it LOL. Kynan hasn't figured out how to lift my shirt to find the boobies yet. He just rubs his face over my shirt and will continue moving around til he finds a patch of bare skin and then tries to suck LOL. However if I sit on the floor and reveal a boobie he'll come crawling over at high speed and practically launches himself at me!

Lesley, sorry to hear about all your car trouble! Hope Chloe's bottom teeth come through quickly.

Belinda, glad to hear you are feeling better today!

What do everyone elses bub eat on an typical day? Kynan usually has about 3/4-1 cup of porridge with fruit puree and a piece of toast for brekkie; yoghurt, fruit, and/or cheese for morning tea; leftovers or a sandwich and fruit for lunch (today it's apricot chicken & rice); mini vegie or apple muffin, vegie pikelet and/or fruit for afternoon tea; and whatever we're having for dinner (tonight will probaby be rissoles & vegies but he'll spit out the vegies LOL). As you can tell he loves his fruit LOL!

Angel - Alex doesn't mind his shoes as he can play with the laces when sitting down he did okay walking in them. He's alwasy had something on his feet once he started to walk around the furnture even if they are only on for a short time.

I wish Alex would eat well like Kynan does. So far today he has had 2 bottles of milk 200ml in each and two weetbix. Not sure what we will have for lunch it will be a sandwich with tuna or cheese in it. For tea we have satay steak, potatoes and veggies which he won't eat the veggies. I've nto been food shopping for a week or so and we are out of fruit i sometimes cut him up some apple or pear. One thing he does like is crackers.
    Yesterday he just picked at food as he didn't want to eat if he doesn't want something he throws it over the highchair.

wish Chloe would eat that well aswell, today shes had 1piece of toast, half an apple, ate only 1 qtr of her sandwhich and will be having sausages and vegies for dinner. Chloe doesnt spit out her vegies, sheis the best child ive ever seen with eating vegies lol theyre always the first thing she eats off her plate which is always good oh and she still has 3-4 bottles of milk 160mls of each.. grrr , i try to feed her more but she still prefers her soymilk, wont touch cows milk

rails Guest

Dee - yeah, just when i think Jesse is doing well with his eating he goes all funny again, has only been the last 2 weeks, i thought it was because he has been sick....maybe not if everyone seems to be having probs as well hey ! .... There is no way Jesse could use utensils yet ... he wants to hold them though (i am the same with the mess lol) ... when i give the spoon to him with a little food on it, it ALWAYS ends up on the floor or Wall ... so don't see the point yet, he doesn't know what to do. DH is a bit of a clean freak ... & his eyes nearly pop out of his head when the food goes flying lol :eek: ... i have to relax him by saying - you have to get used to this, don't worry it will get cleaned up geez ! ....think he expects babies to know how to use feed themselves straight away lol !

Michelle - shoes look soooo cute don't they .... i have been lucky & have been given lots of hand me downs .... lots are good brands too like adidas & puma, which is really cool because i wouldn't have spent that much money to buy them myself. i have bought one pair because Jesse is in a size 4 - the only size i don't have lol !

Lesley - how annoying with the car breaking down .... at least it was only the battery & not something more expensive.

Angel - Jesse is not a big eater either .... he has increased his brekky though which is good ... first thing a b/f then he has 2 1/2 weet-bix now with a bit of pureed fruit
    mixed in with cows milk. He doesn't normally have a morning tea because he gets up at about 8.30-9am (so if he gets up earlier i will give him a morning snack) ... lunch he will have a sandwhich - 3 squares now usually with cheese or jam for afternoon snack he will have a triangle cheese & later a yogurt then for dinner he has chicken or meat with vegies (atm not having very much of this) for desert he will have banana/Avocado mixed with a bit of yogurt (he loves this) then he will finish of with a bf before bed @ 8pm.

Well Tuesday night put the dinner on his tray while we ate dinner as well (first time) ... he was happily munching away hand feeding himself ... i was quite happy with the effort. Yesterday he hardly touched his dinner...gggrrrr but i suppose some days he will just be hungrier than others ... have to get over the mess too not worried to much about the floor - more the mess on himself ... he puts his hands in his hair, then he has food all stuck in it .... ! ... & he has it all on his clothes as well all mushed in ... will have to get one of those scoop bibs next i think lol !

Jesse is up to about 10 steps now .... he walks more with his shoes on i have noticed, only manages 6 steps without shoes.

Better go time to watch the Hooley Dooleys LOL !!!!!

rails Guest

Well, Jesse is definately walking now .... !!!! ..... not just steps .... he is strolling around every chance he gets ....dh & I just look at each other, can't believe all of a sudden he is walking after waiting soooooo long .... he has been walking along furniture since 10mths !!......

I think Jesse's molars are coming thru next ... he has massive swelling in the back gums, he was in a bit of pain last night, poor bubby !

Rails, yay for Jesse walking now! Hope his molars hurry up and come through & don't give him too much trouble.

Yeah, we're lucky that whilst Kynan doesn't usually eat a great quantity of food (except at brekkie when he's hungry) he will eat a good variety of stuff. Apart from vegies of course LOL. Although I did get him to eat a whole bowl of pumpkin soup with bread last night. I did put heaps of cumin and coriander in it though so maybe he didn't realise it was a vegie thing LOL! Oh and how cute is this... Kynan now claps and puts his hands on his head when I ask him to. It's very handy for keeping his hands occupied when I'm changing his nappy LOL.

Rails Woohoo for Jesse walking all the time now.

Angel that is so cute of Kynan. Maybe make him more soup with vegies in and see if he eats that also.

Lesley which soy milk do you buy Chloe ? I brought some for Alex and they had so many to choose from.

I gave Alex a tin of 1-3yr food last night but it upset him a little as it had cheese in it. Normaly he is okay with cheese. It's the first time in ages that he hasn't slept that well at night.
    Alex will still only take a few steps at a time but does them all the time now.

WTG Jesse - Rails I think Jesse needs to give Matthew a talking to, he went from crawling @ 8.5 months to cruising around the furniture @ 9 months now look how long it`s been and he`s still taking steps, it`s up to 6 now but I`m starting to wonder if his shoes are hindering him, he also gets quite excited when he`s step taking so then goes off balance and falls on his bottom, I`m starting to have nightmares of having to carry 2 babies around if Matthew`s still not walking by then.

Michelle - sorry to hear the cheese affected Alex last night.

Angel - Kynan certainly eats some great food.

Belinda - Glad your feeling better.

I`ve booked Matthew into music classes, they are like Kindermusic but we don`t have any around the area, she wasn`t sure if she could fit him in next term or we`ll have to wait till term 4, whatever I don`t mind, I think he`ll enjoy it, he loves music and dancing.

Matthew was so funny yesterday, my doula suggested that I get down on my hands and knees to do pelvic rocks to move baby boy out of his posterior position - or try to, anyway first of all Matthew thought he`d climb all over Mummy`s back, then he thought I`ll come around the front and get Mummy`s head of the floor, then he just stood there and laughed, thought Mummy was so funny LOL

Having a major headache about this new car, we`re going to be lucky to get it by Christmas, they are mucking as around.

Take Care

Dee

Dee sorry to hear they are mucking you around with the new car. We had the same kind of trouble when getting ours.
    LOL @ Matthew i bet he thought you looked good on the floor like that. I'm sure he will be walking heaps more in the next 6 weeks.
    I can't believe you only have 6wks left that seems to have gone so fast.

Wow at 6 wks left!! Not long at all

Sorry to hear about the car stuff around Dee, i also booked mason in ages ago for kindamuzik classes, she said no problem and never heard from her again lol, until she sent the term after dates, thought ok then and didnt bother lol

Yah at Jesse's walking everywhere

Mason is going great guns and we call him the rebel lol, he loves music so much so dancing to anything, even ads with a second of music in them

He also walks around pointing and telling the walls and floors off and now the computer lol cause i tell it off so often
    but now when he pulls everything out of the cupboard he points at all the stuff and yells at it, cause its not his fault lol

Pregnancy wise all is fine, not much movement but cause of anterior placenta its too be expected, get a feeling here and there, was funny i felt it all so early and now its gone away except for every now and then, i guess placenta grew bigger and blocked it all

well anyhow thats all from me for now

bye
    Angel: Glad the soup went down well and cute the game you play

Michelle: Hope is all ok after the unsettlesness after the cheese

Hi ladies, havent been on for ages, a lot happening. Have been in and out of doctors having more tests. Long and short of it is that my lump has nearly doubled in size and is now putting pressure on my oesphegus (sp?!) so they put me on the ugent waiting list as opposed the semi urgent waiting list, and now I have a surger date of 29/6. Am terrified, have never had an operation before under a general, is really freaking me out. That plus being away from Jackson while I am in hospital, is all a bit much for me!

On a lighter note, it means that we can start BD'ing after the op, so that that is great news, I can't wait for that!!

Yay on all the bubs taking steps!! Jackson can stand on his own, but just wont, he is so lazy! On the food issue, he is a shocker. He wont eat anything lumpy for dinner, so I still have to mash his food up. If I put a piece of food in his mouth, he will gag and pull it out! is all well and good for the MCHN to say he should be eating pieces of meat etc, but when they just throw it all away, call me crazy, but I would just rather see him eating. For brekkie he has either 2 weetbix with milk or 2 pieces of toast, morning tea he will have banana or biscuit. lunch is normally a cheese and veg sanga or a zucchini muffin, and a small custard or yoghurt and dinner is normally a frozen portion of leftover casserole or spaghetti or something.

Jackson has been wearing shoes for quite a while, he had a little pair of pre walkers, and now he has a lil' pair of Nikes that he wears with his trakkie's and a pair of skate style shoes he wears with his jeans. I have a strange sock obsession though, I can't take him out of the house unless he is wearing matching socks! Anyone else have any little obsessions with their bubs?

rails Guest

Hey Min - good to see you back, I missed you ! .... gosh how scary for you with the lump .... try not to worry too much, there will be light at the end of the tunnel & all will be good again & back to normal. How long do you need to stay in the hospital for? KWYM with the lumpy food .... Jesse would gag for ages ... then as annoying as it was i gradually made his dinner less mashed ... the meat is still a bit of a problem - i agree would rather him eat than spit it out ... but now i have the problem of him not wanting me to feed him with the spoon ... so have no choice but to keep the veges etc whole & cooked soft for him - chkn is good because it can be broken up easily ....made him some Tuna patties the other day ... he loved them & was something he could easily feed himself. good luck, i know how you feel LOL ! .... i would never take Jesse out with unmatching socks or anything ... always like him to look good, silly aren't we lol !!

Belinda - have not heard of kindamuzic classes, will have to check out if they have them near me ... Jesse is not into music much, wish he was .. he is starting to get it now, every now & then i get a wiggle (sniff) ! Glad to hear the pg is going well for you.

Angel - wow, can't believe you put spices in Kynan's food ... did he like it ?? .. i have been too scared of giving Jesse anything we eat ... because we usually put herbs & spices in our meals, wasn't sure if he could eat it ... >?

Michelle - Maybe it wasn't the cheese if he is usually ok with it ? .... Jesse was doing 2 steps for about 2wks (although i never saw, dh kept telling me) then when he managed 4 steps ... it just excalated each day within 3 days he was doing over 10 !!

Dee - gggrrr @ having to wait till December for the car ... that would drive me nuts having to wait that long ! .... LOL @ having to carry 2 babies around ... don't think that will happen, i am sure Matthew will be walking well before his brother arrives

Not much happening here .... last 2 nights Jesse ate well feeding himself, as i said above the Tuna patties were a hit ... he has never had tuna before so was happy with that. ....they are very easy to make too .

Jesse is still walking & falling ... so cute the way he walks, he seems to shrug his shoulders up with his arms out to balance ... looks funny.

we are all going to go to the Food & wine show tomorrow ... should be a good day, lots of taste testing & stuff ... have never been before so am looking forward to a family day together.

Min - I was wondering where you got too. Hugs to you, try and look on the bright side - I know that`s hard but try your best, it`ll be all over soon and hopefully it will not take long for you to get a BFP. Yep Matthew always has to have matching socks and clothes.

Yay for Jesse feeding himself well. Have a great day tomorrow Rails.

Micheele and Belinda - 6 weeks I know, I can`t believe it myself, I have so much to do and not much time to do it. Mark thought I had another 9 weeks before I was due, he nearly fell over when I said I`m 34 weeks not 31 weeks LOL

Belinda - LOL @ Mason, he sounds so cute. Glad all is going with baby boy #3.

Had a dreadful night last night I woke up with Matthew vomiting at 12.30am and he didn`t stop until 4.30am, poor boy was like a limp rag, we went through so many blankets, sheets, pygamas, it wasn`t funny, yet during it all he never cried, I`m sure I would be if I was him. I can`t get over how quickly I woke by him vomiting, it was within seconds, that`s mother`s instinct for you. Matthew still isn`t himself at all today, he looks dreadful and very tired, so far he hasn`t vomited thank goodness. He obviously picked up a bug from somewhere, could have been at the hospital on Wednesday when I had to go for my appointment.

Take Care

Dee

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast