Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2005 #9

Thanks Girls

Well got myself some liquid iron yesterday and already feel the difference, usually by 3pm i am exhausted and want to go to bed, feeling a bit tired but not exhausted so hoping it keeps working

Well hope all the bruised and battered kids are all good now lol

Cant believe either how its nearly time for you Dee, best of luck that it turns out the way you want it too, just remember the pain is all in your head and you can control it, worked for me the second time around anyhow lol

Belinda - That`s great about your appointment. LOL @ Mason he sounds so cute.

Angel - Matthew`s the same at times, wants Daddy and is interested in what Daddy is doing and gets so excited when he hears Daddy`s motorbike coming, he rushes to the door, but he is also very clingy with me at times still. Like Kynan he`s saying Dad Dad a lot more then Mum Mum.

Rails - Glad Jesse is better and the weaning process sounds like it`s coming along nicely.

Michelle - How are you feeling? Your pregnancy is ticking away and I still feel your having a little girl

Matthew`s got a few more new words, Bye Bye then he adds the name after it as to who`s going bye bye and today he said hello.

I have lots of prelabour signs of cramping in my lower uterus, bh`s, feeling so sick, lots of pains in my private areas and going to the loo every 5 secs for a teaspoon full of wee, perhaps he`s engaged more. I didn`t have half these signs with Matthew, not sure how I could cope with them for another 4 weeks. I also can`t sleep at night, it`s just impossible.

I had a great day today, got spoilt rotten.

Take Care

Dee

Wow 2 posts in a row from me, that hasn`t happened for a while

My night of pains just got worse last night that I got into my pj`s early, Mark thought I`d lost my marbles LOL but it did help keep the pressure of my bump.

I slept okay until the very early hours and was woken by intense period pains and BH`s, and felt terribly sick, these continued on a regular basis for about 2 hours, I couldn`t get comfortable and obviously couldn`t sleep with the pain, while Mark was snoring beside me!!!!! I really hope these pains don`t keep up for 4 - 6 weeks, I can`t bear the thought.

Matthew woke with an awful yucky nappy, it went everywhere, threw him into the bath and undressed him and cleaned him up, well Mark did most of it, it`s just too painfull for me to get down to Matthew`s level. Think Matthew ate too much rubbish at our mini party yesterday, MIL kept offering him chocolate lollies, chips and biscuits, not a good diet.

That`s all from me atm.

Take Care

Dee

Well besides the pain of course, sounding like you are getting close Dee, how exciting

and i had that pressure a lot near the end too and could well be like you said, engaged further, and its just your body practicing for the real thing, so thats good in a way, although i am sure in the middle of the pain you dont agree lol

Dee sounds like your little boy is getitng closer to meeting you all.

Belinda, great that your are feeling better. Sounds like the iron is really helping!

Deeanne, oooh @ all the prelabour symptoms! Here's hoping you won't have to put up with it for another 4-6 weeks... maybe just another 2 or so?? LOL.

Does anyone else's bub have weird fears? Kynan's petrified of bubble baths. I've tried a few times in recent months and he screams and gets hysterical LOL.

rails Guest

Belinda - glad the iron is making a difference, is terrible to feel exhausted all the time.

Dee - OMG your descriptions is just bringing it all back to me - i really thought the memory had faded :eek: .... i really really hope it all goes nice & smoothly for you. Hopefully the bh eases up for you so you can get a good nights sleep before #2 arrives !

Angel - Jesse is frightened of strange noises when he hears them for the first time - dogs barking .... the vacume ... dh using the drill ...he gets quite scared ... but i guess they really aren't weird, they all probably have those ???

Well Jesse is almost weaned off the breast ... he has had the cows milk every night since Tuesday & for the first time he had it this morning .... so today will probably be the first day since he was born that he does not have the breast .... because tonight he should have the bottle also ... am feeling a bit sad, but know the time is right - he is nearly 14mths old & i just wasn't keen on having to bf a toddler ... i am proud of myself to have got this far .... he is happily taking the bottle in the evening with going to sleep straight away also with no dramas !!

Dh has put the rest of the draw latches on .... so now he only has a couple more cupboards to do & the kitchen will be childproof ... YAY !!!!!

Jesse had his MHC visit this morning ... he has gained 490g in one month now 9.8kg... so that is really good ... last visit he didn't gain much because he was sick ... so this is much better .. he is also now 77cm in length.

Hey everyone

Rails: Great job on breastfeeding as long as you did, you should be proud you did it that long as you said, and there will be more to come to fill that gap you might miss a bit at first

Angel: Mason had a fear of garbage trucks, and still needs to stand near me now when it comes, before he used to scream and have to be hugged till it went away, would be hard with bubbles though, he will grow out it, no foam parties for him when a teenager hey lol

Well thanks for the glad i feel better comments, and i fully recommend the liquid iron, so much better All is well here, dont know if i mentioned but Bill has been able to feel movements now, though Mason got so jelous of his hand on stomach last night that he layed across it so Bill couldnt touch it anymore, was cute

Oh also only 16wks to go for me, might seem awhile but doesnt to me, i am starting to panic a little now, i think by the time i have next appointment it will only be 12wks to go and that just isnt long really, might slow down closer to the end i guess
    Last edited by Belinda; July 3rd, 2006 at 04:03 PM.

Angel - Matthew doesn`t seem to have a fear about anything at the moment but he did have a big fear whenever he saw Mickey Mouse, he`s about a 60cm soft toy I have for work, he screamed each time he saw him but is okay now. LOL @ being petrified of bubble baths, I can`t give Matthew bubble baths because of his excema.

Rails - You`ve done a fantastic job feeing Jesse to 14 months, well done. Yay for your kitchen being almost childproof.

Belinda - Glad the iron supplement has helped. My pregnancy hasn`t slowed down at all, I haven`t even got my labour bag ready yet LOL

My pains settled yesterday, still the occasional bad pain but nothing like they were thank goodness.

Matthew started vomiting Sunday night and had diarrhoea, it only lasted for 24 hours, my poor boy that`s a 2nd bout of gastro in 2 weeks, guess the only way he can build up an immunity is by getting sick.

Matthew`s seems to have gone cold turkey where breastfeeding is concerned, he hasn`t had a bf since Sunday lunch time, he just grabs at my nipple looks at me with a silly smile then off he gets, today he doesn`t want bb at all even when he hurt himself badly on the coffe table, he went o Daddy for cuddles which is the first time ever, he`d normally come straight to Mummy and want a BF. I feel so sad I know I should be proud of myself considering in the beginning all I wanted was to be able to BF unlike my Mum and sisters who say they couldn`t, then I wanted to get to 6 months, then 12 months and now 18 months, I know I`ve done very well to carry on BFing this long into my pregnancy but I still feel very sad and at a complete loss.

Take Care

Dee

aawww Dee, its probally such a turmoil you are going through, losing that special bond with him and then probally worrying how he will cope with another baby around as well
    So its a lot to take on, i hope you can find a new little bond together and be happy again

Rails, yeah Kynan gets scared at loud sudden noises as well. He is wary of the vacuum cleaner too... he crawls to the other side of the room when I use it LOL. Well done on BF for this long! Sounds like Jesse is growing well too!

Belinda, awww @ being able to feel bub move from the outside now. It's so special isn't it. How are you going with getting things prepared for bub's arrival?

Deeanne, LOL at the mickey mouse fear that Matthew had. It's funny the things that they get scared of. I guess everything's so new and strange for them. You've done really well to BF as long as you have too, especially with being PG again! I can understand your sadness though... there's just something so special between mum & bub during breastfeeds isn't there.

How is everyone going with getting their little ones to drink water? Kynan drinks maybe 50-80ml per day. It doesn't really seem like much. I thought he'd be drinking more than that by now.

Dee big cyber husg to you. I'm sure you will find another special bond that you and Matthew can have together. I think you have doen really well to BF till now and maybe Matthew is giving you a break before his brother arrives soon. I wonder if your milk has changed and that is why he's gone cold turkey.
    I hope he is feeling better soon poor thing having gastro again.

Angel I'm not sure how much water Alex drinks as i leave a couple of drink cups around the house during the day and he just helps himself. I know before now he's drank 200mls in one day but he's also drinking lots of milk during the day i think he is taking 600mls of milk a day.

PG belly in your avatar looks great, Michelle!

rails Guest

Belinda - try to relax .. LOL ! .... but hey i would be the same, i'm sure it will slow down for you & everything will be nice & organized.

Dee - i know it is sad when the bf comes to an end - even though I initiated it, i don't think i had enough to feed him properly, was only feeding from one side - it is such a close bond to bf... & you can still give the bottle to him so the closeness is still there, in the evening i have to make sure i give him a cuddle before bed (dh gives bottle) otherwise he wont go down well. I agree with Michelle, your milk might have changed taste that is why Matthew has weaned off himself. Well done for getting this far is a wonderful achievement ... i was the same only going to go to 6mth - then 12mths.

Angel - Jesse will drink heaps of water one day & the next not much ... usually approx 180ml .. he drinks from a nuby sippy cup so it doesn't have measurements ? .. i just offer all the time, if he wants a drink he will have it.

Jesse is doing well ... settled well now with the bottle of cows milk - he is having morning & evening now happily. So definatley weaned off the breast. He is sleeping well ... also, since he has been on the cows milk - giving 200ml ea btl, he seems to have gotten ALOT HEAVIER !!

I had an accident in the kitchen on Tuesday night .... ... sliced my finger (sorry TMI but a piece was left on the bench) & dh had to take me to the doctors because it was too gory for him to fix up with our little first aid kit .... I have had it gauzed & bandaged which now restricts me from doing some things ... like nappy changing .. LOL ... dh is having a ball doing that - NOT !!! ... & bathing him of course because i can't get it wet ... so i have been supervising the last few days - didn't realize how peticular i was with things .. LOL been driving dh mad !!

Rails that must have hurt so much hope your finger doesn't take long to heal.
    That's great news Jesse has taken to the cows milk and is sleeping better.

How is everyone else doing ?

Alex started to dance yesterday for the first time he looks so funny doing it. Other than that not much going on really. was going to go to the toy sale but we didn't get up will 7 and i wasn't going to rush.

Thanks girls for your comments and thoughts, I shed a few tears 2 nights ago about Matthew stopping bfing so suddenly, I feel so strange having my breasts back to myself. I rang my clinic nurse yesterday asking how much milk is he meant to be having - 600mls which doesn`t have to be all milk, it can be made up with yoghurts and custards etc. His milk goes into his cup as he has never had a bottle and I`m not starting now, he seems quite happy drinking milk from his cup.

Angel - Matthew loves his water, I`d say he`d have 200 - 300mls a day.

Rails - ouchies @ your finger, sounds nasty. Glad Jesse is sleeping well for you.

Just had my last Doula visit before birth, a bit scary when she tells me she`ll see us at the Hospital, yet in saying this I`m excited about labour, I`ve got to be crazy LOL

Matthew is a real Daddy`s boy this week which hasn`t helped the way I`ve been feeling with him weaning, I feel like I`ve been left out in the cold but at the same time Mark is enjoying all the attention he`s getting from Matthew.

We get our car tomorrow - yay.

No more pains from #2.

Take Care

Dee

Congratulations Dee 37 weeks today

Thanks MIchelle, well and truly counting down the time now and your over 10 weeks yay.

Forgot to say before thank you for the Birthday Card Michelle, it`s lovely

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast