Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #10

Default Babies Born May 2006 #10

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Sherie - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Astrolady - [email protected]
    Christy [email protected]
    Lea13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

May 06

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:

__________________________________________________ ____________________
    Forum Name: missbexy27
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd of May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 6.58kg Length – 60cm Head Circ - wouldn’t have a clue!!!
    Gender of Baby: Male
    Baby's Name: Mason
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/masongm
    Health Concerns: None – so far
    Notes: He is our little ray of sunshine!
    _________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Baby_Crazy05
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 4th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3202grams Length - 53 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Jovi Lee
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jovilee
    Health Concerns: NONE! She's growing like a weed!
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Scrappyfish
    Baby's DOB: 09/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 3oz/ 3260gm - Length - 50.5cm - Head Circ - 34cm
    Baby's Name: Darcy
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Mummy's pre-eclampsia and toxeamia
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___

Forum Name: Mummy4Life
    Baby's DOB: 9th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13 1/2 ozs Length -52cm Head Circ -38cm
    Baby's Name: Phoebe Belle
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is just perfect!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ _________________

Forum name: marlea9
    DOB: 9 May 2006
    Stats: Weight 7 pound 4 ½ ounces (3330g) Length 49.5 cm. Head Circ: 34 cm
    Name: Kaitlyn
    Health concerns:. Colic / reflux.
    Notes: She’s beautiful.

Forum name: jemima
    State: South Australia
    DOB: 9 May 2006
    Stats: 3.76 kg Length -53 cm Head Circ - cant remember and I am not at home to check the details!!!
    Name: Jesse
    Health concerns: unsettled, not sleeping, still querying reflux??
    Notes:

Forum Name: Angelique
    Baby's DOB: 11th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3244grams Length - 49 cm Head Circ - 34 cm
    Baby's Name: Katerina
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Colic and reflux
    Notes: Can't put her down after 7pm for long HELP.

Forum Name: Midgyt
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB:15 May 06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 7lbs4oz, 49cm, 34.5
    Baby's Name: Matthew

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: Lea13
    Baby's DOB: 18 May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7 pound 4, Length - 49 cm, Head Circ – 36 cm
    Baby's Name: Emerson Paul
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Lactose Intolerant
    Notes: Daddy & Mummys Pride & Joy
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: *~Maddisons Mummy~*
    Baby's DOB: 19th of May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 4060gm's Length – 53cm Head Circ - 36cm's
    Baby's Name: Maddison Jade
    Baby's Website: www.jellybean06.friendpages.com
    Health Concerns: None.

Forum Name: Neverplan
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 21/5/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 15oz / 4040gm - Length - 50cm - Head Circ - 37cm
    Baby's Name: Adam
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ __

Forum Name: Shereejoy
    State: Qld
    Baby's DOB: 22nd May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.88kgs (6lb 5.5oz), 51.5cm Long, 35cm HC
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Lachlan Robert Mcleod
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/ourbubbles/
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: Our Miracle baby has survived bleeding brown and red from 5 to 8.5 weeks and mummy passing a clot the size of her plam at 11.5 weeks and waking in a pool of red blood and lots of cramping. A true little miracle, our little precious Man

Forum Name: eluded
    Baby's DOB: 25/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ – 6lb 8oz (2950g) – 50cm – 35cm
    Baby's Name: Kiara Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: She is an absolutely gorgeous happy girl…
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Forum Name: Tannis
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 26/05/06
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 7lb 13oz or 3550g Length - 51.5cm Head Circ - 34.5cm
    Baby's Name: Jayden Nicholas
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jayden2605/
    Health Concerns: Slight weight loss and projectile spews, but has settled down now
    Notes: He's perfect!!

Forum Name: Jodie259
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 27th May, 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3.98kg Length - 49.5cm Head Circ - 33.5cm
    Baby's Name: Shaun Shalom
    Baby's Website: www.flickr.com/photos/jodie259
    Health Concerns: Really healthy, but has sleeping issues
    Notes: 1st baby for me (38y.o), emergency c/section birth

Forum Name: Rachy
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 30th May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 9lb 2.5ozs, 54cm, 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Krystal Emma
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ____
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; October 22nd, 2006 at 11:42 AM.

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Yahooo - we're up to double figures girls LOL

Woohoo, I'm first....cos I got no life! LOL That and I'm trying really hard to get to 750 posts.

Well I did what I don't really want to do....I spoke to the chemist and I bought some Demazin. I know that she formed a habit of waking after about a week and I need to break that habit, so I need a couple of nights of gentle persuasion. I know it sounds like child abuse, but she really is snuffly at night as well, so the chemist thought that wouldn't be helping. Hopefully after a couple of nights I'll be able to locate some Brauers Calm and be able to switch to that.....

Morning Kim ~ hope the Demazin works for you. Does not sound like child abuse at all.

How did the reunion go? The babies had probably grown a heap in the last month eh? I know Kaitlyn has.

I spoke to my GP yesterday and he said it is highly unlikely that Katy will actually get the chicken pox as she had my antibodies from my breast milk. I only expressed for 12 weeks. How long do the antibodies last?

I'm feeling a little flat today. I shouldn't as I managed to get a good night's sleep, but just not feeling 100%. Might go for a walk.

Have a good day girls.

Afternoon Girls

Kim - Its not childabuse...It's called trying to stay sane!! Have you taken Darcy the Dr about it?? I can't believe its gone on this long. I wonder what's happeing?? I've also sent you another link which will take you straight to the sleeping part of the website for babies ages 2-12 months. There is a link which talks about what works with sleeping problems. I have'nt been through it myself but it might have some info to help you and Darcy get a good nights sleep.

Nat - Briley has big fat cheeks hey! She takes after me in that department i'm afraid! Good to hear that Em has started on solids. I have tried Briley on them a few times. She nearly ate whole jar of Banana Custard the other day. And we gave her some mashed banana yesterday from the cake i was making. She loves food. She gets real cranky when we eat in front of her!! I really should get motivated and make up a big batch of pureed foods for her and freeze them. I still can't believe Em is TRYING to crawl. When i lay Briley on her stomach she puts her legs in the air and rocks backwards and forwards!! Its so funny watching her. Has Em got anymore teeth yet? Scrapbooking is really gone off has'nt it! I see it everywhere. Lots of women on BB use it as a hobby. I've never really tried to do it. When i was younger i used to do lots of colages. But not lately. Its cool how BB is starting to put real photos of ppl. The cartoons are still cool but. Do you just send them a photo of yourself and they put it in there?? Do you have a msn address?? So that i can chat to you on msn one time. I chat to a lot of the girls from BB. Its good to have someone to talk to thats in the same boat as i am.

Shazz - Poor Ryan. I hope it is'nt making him too uncomfortable. I have been thinking about those infections heaps lately cause when i go the the Dr's and are waiting to see the nurse they have this massive picture thingy which talks about the middle ear infection. And because i've read in my child health book that if a baby/child pulls at their ear heaps to take them to the Dr. Glad you noticed it early but. I know myself how crappy it is to have an ear ache. Hope he gets better soon.

Leanne - Nope no poo's in the bath here . I give Briley showers with me all the time now cause we have a tiled bath and i don't want her to hit her head on the sides. I could'nt imagine if she did decide she needed to poo while we were in the shower cause i would go all over me!! Great to hear the Kaitlyn is'nt going to get the pox.

Anyways better get and do some housework.

BBL

KIm ~ you do what you have to sometimes and NO definately not abuse.. hugs to you hope things start to look up soon
    Sara ~ ryan doesn't seem to be to bad but boy am i glad i caught it early

Well I am back using the laptop after Dp having to reformatted, DP and I have seperate log ins now so I don't d/l another virus and lose his things LOL.....probably best that way hehe. Luckily we didn't lose the 2000+ pics we have...I still don't know where they are though DP has hidden them on me

Kim: I agree with the best looking bubs. Jayden grabs his foot but its not in the mouth yet. Well done getting all those things done...I have been so slack since the candle party. How nice of Cam to get flowers...I used to get flowers. I'll get Jayden to send Darcy some of his sleepy vibes...he has been (*touchwood*) sleeping pretty well at night except we did wake for a feed at 4am this morning!! Its not child abuse...you do what you have to do to get some sleep....your no good to Darcy if your too tired!

Leanne: There has been no poo in our bath but plenty of wee. I have a jug now that I have ready to catch it because he always does it as soon as he gets in haha. OMG @ turning Kaitlyn's seat around...As much as Jayden would love it...he is nowhere near ready. Great to hear its not the pox...not sure how long antibodies work for...obviously a while. We are here if you need to vent....A walk sounds good...clears the head haha

Beck: I was only thinking of you the other day and guessed you must be busy at work. Great to see you back! Jovi sounds like she is going really well with her weight! I hope Scott has a quick recovery and good luck to you looking after him and Jovi!

Sara: Jayden got 2 baby books one was Peter Rabbit as well...I love it but I think its more suited for a girl....so I used the other one and will save PR for the next bub. I haven't written everything down esp in the beginning because we were having trouble with feeding I didn't think of anything else. I am still finalising the orders so I'm not sure how much I have to spend yet but I'll let you know when I do...the party went great though I had fun at least haha

Nat: LOL....don't worry about it, I think the computer is ok again....DP was reloading windows etc and trying to get the network going again and I heard a lot of cursing (to put it mildly) but all is good now and I don't think he is mad at me anymore LOL. That Em of yours is in way to much of a hurry to grow up! Thanks....we think Jayden is gorgeous too....you should hear DP..."Why is Jayden so cute? I think its cause I'm his Dad!" DP is so full of himself at times LOL. I have always had someone to do my hair cheap/free. SIL#4 lived in Melb too when we were there then when they moved back to Bundy I had a friend thats a hairdresser and now we're in Bundy SIL#4 is here to do it again YAY! Poor you hitting your arm and hurting your eye!! Hope your day gets better!

Shazz: I hope Ryan gets better soon for you! How awful for him either ear infection or tonsilitis still would be horrible for him!

Vic: I hope you have a relaxing day today haha

Update on Sheree and Lachie

They have left hospital this morning and came around to visit Jayden and I. Lachie had a series of tests... Urine, poo, blood and a barium swallow (which he hated!) All tests came back normal except the barium swallow showed how bad Lachie's reflux is. He is on 1 and a quarter(?) strength bottles (correct me if thats wrong Sheree) and they are putting something in it...I knew I'd forget it haha anyway I think its to help keep it down. Lachie fed beautifully in hospital except one feed which I was there for and Sheree said that was bad but not as bad as normal. He also had a visit from the dietitian and speech therapist. Sheree will go into more detail of course but it may just come down to Lachie needing a faster flowing teat as they had been using the slow flow at home and a medium in hospital. The speech therapist said Lachie sucks and his is working way too fast and is probably getting a lot of air and thinks he is full thats why he is refusing feeds.

I'll come back later for our update..I have been on here way too long....Jayden put himself to sleep YAY I can have some lunch now and get ready for his appt this afternoon (another weigh in).

Talk to you all soon
    oxoxox

Wow its been very quiet in here!

Jayden has been going well...he loves standing all the time now and I keep having to remind him he needs to sit first then stand up. I had him sitting on my lap the other night with no support at all and briefly had him sitting on the floor but not for too long haha we tried it again last night and had his footy sort of proping him up and he was there for ages with no side support...this time I got photos! He has also started lifting his bum right off the ground by pushing down on his legs IYKWIM...very cute but not when your trying to change his nappy!

We had his check up this afternoon (which I nearly forgot about!) he has gained 440g in 2 weeks and grown 1cm in the same time. The CHN said he has a great skin colour(??) and had gorgeous blue eyes (like I didn't already know hehe). It took ages to get his weight as he kept lifting up his bum while he was on the scales...we eventually got him to stop and he now weighs 6.41kgs.

I am trying to get him to self settle more now...I know he can do it but its much quicker for me to rock him to sleep.....I have to stop doing it, so this afternoon I put him in his cot wide awake, put on his musical lightshow and let him cry himself to sleep....less than 10mins later he was out like a light. A lot of ppl are asking me lately if he is a good baby....although I have a whinge about him sometimes, I have to admit he is really an easy baby and generally happy...although he gets very clingy at times its probably because he's teething or tired etc...there is always a reason. I can't believe I am still in awe of him...Just today I was looking at him playing on the floor and I thought "I still can't believe I have a baby!" Stupid I know but I have been wanting a baby for so long its so surreal that I actually have one now haha.

Anyway enough from me for one night LOL
    xoxoxoxox
    Last edited by Tannis; October 11th, 2006 at 09:51 PM.

OMG!!!! EMERSON IS CRAWLING…. OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!!! WHERE IS MY BABY GOING??

Had him on the floor while I was on the computer in the study and just happened to look down at him chasing a toy across the floor… I couldn’t believe it at first. So I got down on the floor with him and made him do it again… & again… & again LOL. I was in shock – I still am in shock. Its amazing to watch… it’s a half drag / half crawl. And he’s already pretty fast at it – just tires really quickly. I’m so proud lol – knock me over the head if I’m being overboard

So as you can imagine we had a great day today! We went to the park this morning which was great and then came home and had a relaxing afternoon before heading ot my parents for dinner. I didn’t like what they cooked so I’m eating Maccas now LOL. My eye seemed to fix itself up pretty quick but my elbow is still sore – can you bruise an elbow lmao? I can’t put any pressure on it at all. Its kind of funny really I never knew how much I used my elbow until now!

Tania ~ OMG yes I do stare at Em and think that. Slightly different for me because I wasn’t planning him at all. I look at him and I think of everything that has happened in the past 18 months and I think wow I’m doing this and I’m doing it well and he’s real and mine and gorgeous! It’s a bit surreal TBH. LOL @ your DH saying Jayden is cute because of him. My friend used to my hair as well – she is excellent and cheap. She’s going through IVF at the moment though so hairdressing is on the back burner! Thanks for the update on Sheree. I hope he’s on the road to recovery. Send her our love won’t you? Em was the same with trying to stand from a laying position lol – impatient buggars aren’t they! YAY at Jaydens weight gain!!!

Kim ~ It most definitely isn’t child abuse. I hope it works for you and she starts to sleep again soon. If she is snuffly at night that could be what is possibly bothering her. If you can’t find the Brauers Calm my local chemist has some and I’d be happy to post it over to you! Forgot to mention how jealous I am of your tools! I didn’t think to check Ebay – I will do that now LOL. How do you know if you’re getting good stuff? Ie the blades? I wouldn’t want to get stuff where the blades go blunt straight away.

Leanne ~ I hope your GP is right and Katy doesn’t get the chicken pox!

Shazz ~ I keep forgetting our boys our a month apart lol. I can’t believe Ryan is 6 months next week. How time is flying…

Vic ~ Did you enjoy your day with Adam?

Sara ~ I am going to make my own food as well. He has been on bought stuff so far because I honestly had no idea he’d be on them this early. My MSN is [email protected] – def add me! The photos are for the moderators so far. I think they’re great though I can see how people would prefer the avatars lol. Not easy to get used to seeing your face there. Though its nice chatting and seeing who you are actually chatting to lol.

OH and Emerson is laughing ALL the time now. Before we had to coax them out of him now he just sits there and chuckles at things that I can’t see LOL. Its very cute and his laugh is so contagious! I wish I could record it for you all… oh this gushy mother is going to stop right here before you send cyber kicks my way!!

Jodie259 Guest

CONGRATULATIONS LEA & EMERSON !!! --- aren't you a smart little boy!!!

That must have been so exciting for you Lea. I went nuts the other night when Shaun put his foot in his mouth for the first time. My DH ran off and got the video camera to record this momentous moment!

I've not been online much lately - but I get the email notification each night and check everyone's progress. It's nearly 2am as I write this... so sorry but not up to personals. I take my hat off to all of you girls who write a little comment to everyone. That is so sweet.

Hi to Sheree... Hope that Lachie settles for you now that you've had him all checked out.

And Kim... my heart goes out to you with Darcy. You must be going through hell. Have you considered sleep school?? There are day stays, and week stays. I did a day stay very early on (8 weeks) - which really helped. But now I'm thinking about asking them for a week stay. I'll probably have to wait weeks or months... but if Shaun continues as he is now, I'll go nuts within a few months.

So I put the call out to you girls first for advice.
    Problem: Shaun "naps" during the day. Usually 1/2 hour give/take. Most times it is difficult to get him to settle, although I have learnt to put him in his cot (awake) and he usually drifts off. He bathes around 7-8pm. Usually around 8pm he goes down for his "night sleeps". He has a solid 4 hours, then wakes up at midnight. He feeds, then goes straight back to sleep. Then wakes at 4am everynight - like clockwork. Then sleeps until 7.30am. He has had this pattern for months.
    Aim: to cut out the 4am wake up.
    things I've tried:
    - increased his milk from 180mls to 240mls (he drinks most of this)
    - cut down is feeds at 4am. Some nights he's just had a few sips. Some nights nothing. I've just patted him and eventually he's gone to sleep.... sometimes.
    - I put one teaspoon of rice meal (4mnth+) into his midnight bottle as mum-of-4 friend suggested this "solid" may fill his belly a little more and make him sleep longer. No such luck!
    - he has a dummy and that's not really a problem. He often goes to sleep without it. If it falls out it doesn't seem to bother him.
    Results: It seems it is just a habit for him to wake up at 4am. For over a week I have tried to resettle him, and sometimes he settles down by himself. Sometimes he cries for a while then resettles. And sometimes he goes nuts and refuses to settle - and I bought him into our bed once or twice. The thing is, he continues to wake up every single night.
    Like Kim... I am getting sooo tired (although Shaun's problem seems like a blessing compared to Darcy).

On a personal note... I went to Weight Watchers tonight and lost 1.6kg this week - bringing my total to 3.3kg loss. My aim is to lose 1.7kg in the next two weeks to achieve my first goal (and buy a new bra as reward!!). I did my first "fitbox" class this morning and it was unreal. Yesterday I took Shaun in the jogger pram and my TWO dogs for a walk. That was asking for trouble. The pram turned into a bobsled and the dogs turned into huskies!! Me and Shaun were dragged along by the dogs, and leashes were going everywhere. Eventually I let the little dog loose at the park and the shar pei and it got into fast walk/jog. Shaun loved it!!

Anyway... I hope you are all well. Gosh, it's now 2.29am. Hubby can't sleep because of Melbournes heatwave... so he's beside me downloading songs from the internet. Now this is quality time spent together hey!
    Last edited by Jodie259; October 12th, 2006 at 01:00 PM.

Morning Ladies...

OMG OMG OMG!!!:eek: Emerson your a clever little lad!!

Nat that came soooo quickly. He's not even 5 months yet is he?? He must be the most determined little boy. Briley is only just starting to roll one way now. Thats unreal hey. Your going to know about it now though. Your going to have to have eyes in the back of your head!! One of my mates has a little girl, Milly, she is about 9-10 months i think. She has been crawling for a little while now, but you have to watch her constantly. She is always picking this up of the ground and putting them in her mouth. EVEN DOG POO!! Its awesome all the same. They say to me you might'nt be able to wait till Briley does that but when the time comes we will have wished it did'nt. But i can't wait. They look so cute when they are cruising around! BTW - What happened to your eye and elbow?? Did you fall over??

I did'nt know you were having issues Jodie...You sound like your kinda in the same boat as Kim. Do you think that maybe its just a phase?? Briley has been waking up at 1am, 3am, 5am.I just cover her back up and give her the dummy and she goes back too sleep. But at the 5am visit she is always brang into our bed my her naughty Daddy!!But the broken sleep for me is the worst. It makes me even more tired.

Jayden is weighing in more than Briley now Tania...I think she was bigger than him for a while there. Great to see that he is growing well but. Briley has been standing on her feet for ages now.She has the strongest legs. Brent was trying to make her stand from about 2months. It was so funny, he used to hold her up but walk around the house with her feet close to the ground like she was walking herself IYKWIM. It was funny to see this tiny little baby like that. Brent tries to make her grow up too quick!

Well we were supposed to go for our photos today but Brent has got home from n/s really late and i don't really want to drag him out of bed for a 11.15 appointment. So i am not sure wether to go or not...I don't want Brent looking raggered in the photos!!

Hope all is well with everyone..

BBL

OMG Nat...I can't believe little Em is crawling!! I wrote something last night but with the normal probs with this laptop...i lost it...and do you think I can remember what I wrote? Well master Em you will keeping your mother on her toes from now on won't you? Don't email Jayden just yet with how to crawl LOL his mummy aint ready for it hehe.

Jodie: I can't think of anything right now it seems you have tried quite a lot, but I will have a think about it hehe. Congrats on your weight loss!!

Have a great day girls
    oxoxox

Jodie ~ I wish I could offer some advice with breaking the 4 o’clock wake up. I know that Em does a similar thing waking up once during the night normally and he has just kind of grown out of it – perhaps it’s a phase you just have to sit out. I’d say it’s a habit thing but have Shaun isn’t too cold or warm? Does he have some sort of light/soft noise in his room to help him self settle? Ie I noticed when I left Em’s monitor on (soft light and low Winnie the Pooh music) overnight he seemed to sleep better. I can only assume that when he stirred it comforted him and he went back to sleep? Congrats on the weight loss! Bring on the rewards LOL. You are game taking two dogs and a pram for a walk! LOL @ spending quality time together with DH – that is very cute!

Sara ~ Em is 5 months next Wednesday. And it came about WAY to fast for me. I’m still in shock! They do look very cute cruising around. Right now he doesn’t go too far so its cute but give it a few weeks and you’ll never hear from me because I’ll be off chasing him LOL. I had a bad start to the day yesterday – hit my elbow on the bed head and scratched my eye somehow. My elbow is definitely bruised LOL. Did you end up going for photos? I can understand that you don’t want Brenton looking raggered! Who are you getting them done through?

Tania ~ That damn laptop LOL I have banned Em emailing Jayden lol – Emis getting too smart for his own good hehe!

Well off to do my grocery shopping. I was just waiting for Em to wake up and now he’s awake! Then we’re going to visit another BB’er who just had her bubba last night! I also need to remember to pay for Em’s swimming lessons this week so I get a lesson free LOL! I can’t wait to start them! Take care everyone!

WTG Emerson!!! Look out Nat you won't know what hit you. If you check it's geuine stuff on Ebay it shouldn't be a prob, but I buy heaps of other stuff there too - CM conultants are only out to make money remember....Brag away honey, I wish i could.

Oh Jodie - Heya chick good to see you back. I have no solutions cos I'm fightin my own war, but I hear ya. Email me if you need a similarly sleep addled brain to talk to. i have done sleep school/tresillian and she WAS a good sleeper - don't know what happened. In fact i'm fighting a battle right now.... WTG on the weight thing. Cam started this week with a mum from mothers group. I was going to start, but I couldn't eat that many points if I tried, so I'll just stick to eating sensibly. I'm less than I was before I fell anyways.

Vic smart thinking with the beds. LOL my brother went through a couple of years where every school holidays he broke a bone....poor mum thought they'd get docs onto her.

Well the demazin backfired - I couldhave given her uppers with similar effect. Helped with the snuffles, but that's about it. Got my Brauers though, so that's on the cards for later.

Oooh it's quiet in the nursery...might find some panadol for this headache.....

BBL at bedtime.

Afternoon everyone.

Yay Emerson !!! What a clever boy you are....Well done.

Our DD is still only rolling from back to front and then getting the 'hissies' if I take to long to turn her. MMM

She can go backwards in her walker though. We don't have a high chair for her yet, so that's what we've been using.

She's been an absolute shocker these past two weeks. Grumpy gryumpy grumpy. I can't leave the room or her sight or she starts to whinge. I thought it might be the CP but seeing as they have not arrived (thank goodness) I can only put it down to teething or 'a growth spurt'. Getting her to sleep of a night is proving to be a problem of late, but once she's down she's down for at least 8 hours. Most nights I think it is because she has cried for three hours prior and is exhausted, or it could be from us wrapping her in a cot sheet. Only Houdini could get out of my DH's wrapping creation. Some nights I give up and dose her with a half mil of panadol in her final bottle. I know it's naughty.

Jodie and Kim I am thinking of you with your sleeping issues. Hang in there. I don't really know what it could be. All I know is if Katy is not wrapped there's no hope for a sleep longer than 45 minutes.

Sara how did the photos go? Did the photos go?

Sheree How is Lachie going with his feeds. We have had Katy on fast flow teats since about 2 weeks old. Literally pouring it down her throat. Was the only way we could get her home from the hospital. Had every test known to man, including DNA testing. In the end the paed told us she was a lazy sucker. She's also got reflux pretty bad, but with thick formula and the fast teats and zantac things are looking up. Hugs to you.

Luckily I was in bed by 9.30 last night....Jayden woke before 5.30 this morning and he's not going back to sleep. I'm not complaining really I know a few of you have it worse....I'm actually suprised he didn't wake earlier as he was nodding on and off to sleep since about 6.30pm and went to sleep for the night at 8.30pm. We had a little "incident" last night with the nail clippers. He was on his playmat watching TV so I thought I'd clip his nails.....The first one and I cut him! I had a face washer on it for ages before it stopped bleeding....poor baby. Chris was happy about it and said I should have waited til he was asleep even though he moves in his sleep too. Anyway he made me feel so bad (worse than I already felt). I'm sure there are mothers out there that have done a lot worse than that....and of course he is ok now.

Nat: How was shopping? What do you do with Em? Do you have a trolley mate? I have one but I've never used it. I don't know how to use it with the baby seats in the trolley, once he's sitting up I know how to use it.

Vic: The bunks sound great...I don't think I'd be game having them as bunks just yet hehe.

Kim: Damn @ the Demazin not working....least it did clear her nose though I guess. How did she go last night? How is your headache?

Leanne: We don't have a highchair yet either...I guess there is no point with us yet as Jayden hasn't started solids and is still BF. He is usually happy under his gym, on his playmat or in his rocker.

Anyway this boy still isn't showing any signs of going to sleep soon so I guess I'm up for the day! I have to organise family day care today I start work in a week and 3 days . We haven't been swimming this week either so we might find someone to go with (Sheree and Lachie have gone away).

Have a great day girls
    oxoxox

Morning Tania. I wasup then too...managed to coerse the Dragon to go back to sleep though for a bit. Don't worry about a finger - I LET MY BABY FALL ON HER HEAD!!! pooh to Chris too, it's not like you don't already feel absolutley awful. Good thing about little poeple is that they heal real quick. My ****ie bit Darcy's finger once. Lucky he didn't bite it off, but Cameron nealry broke his neck LOL. I thought you had to go back to work soon. Poor buggar. Full or part time?

Leanne we don't have a highchair either. I'm going to get one of those mobile Fisher Price ones as we don't have the room for a big highchair. We are coming up to the time when they do start to get separation anxiety too remember.....although Darcy's always been like that....

Sara - that website is excellent!!!!! You girls should get Sara to send it to you. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you, but there's heaps there.

Well we gave the Brauers last night. I think it helped. Darcy is a child that never slows down - ever. It didn't slow her down much, but it did seem to help her sleep longer. She woke around midnight and I battled with her for an hour before I gave up and fed her (I think that might be a habit waking), but when she woke at 3 and 4 I let her go and she eventually settled herself. So at least she slept all night in her bed. She woke at 6, but I wasn't ready to gt up even though normally I would so we snuggled for 20 minutes until I was awake.
    I put her back to bed at 7.15 and she yelled and blew raspeberries for a bit and went to sleep about 7.30. I'm not expecting her to sleep long, but it's a start. It's pretty hot here too.
    Stupid thing is she can self settle. During the day she's great. I already do all the recommended things and I have been taking omega tablets latley for my skin, which have inadvertently boosted my milk supply by heaps. I've cut down the caffiene and been eating well.
    I'll persist though. I've had a few hours nad feel better. Can't shake the headache though. I've drunk about 3litres of water in the last few days every day.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Now I've just read this post and the typing is atrocious, but there's too many to change - I'm trying to shove brekkie down my head while I have twohands to myself LOL.

LOL Kim...your really doing well considering the little monster you have to deal with hehe. At least you know it will pass eventually. I forgot about Darcy falling off the bed....she's obviously ok?

I'm going back part time just 4hrs a day 5 days a week for 6 weeks then 4th Dec I'm back to full time .....Its not Jayden that will get sep anxiety it will be me LOL.

Sounds like you had a bit better night last night....I hopefully she keeps it up and gets better at sleeping...I think Darcy and Lachie are emailing each other now Sheree calls him the every ready man!

Jayden had a short sleep from 7am til 7.40am, I fed him and we both fell asleep in the rocking chair til nearly 9 am!! He's playing on his playmat with daddy now.

What are these tablets your taking? Are they over the counter? I have stopped the Domperidone now and I have already noticed a drop in my supply! I weaned off them like your supposed to but it didn't help....I thought if the Domperidone didn't work I'd just go to bottle....but TBH I'm just not ready yet!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast