Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #10

hi girls im new to the site, just wondering if i can join this thread!

Forum Name: *~Maddisons Mummy~*
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 19th of May 2006
    Baby's Stats: Weight – 4060gm's Length – 53cm Head Circ - 36cm's
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby's Name: Maddison Jade
    Baby's Website: www.jellybean06.friendpages.com
    Health Concerns: None.

maddy was weighed 11 days ago (20 weeks, 4 days) and her stats are:

weight: 8kg's
    length: 66cm's
    h/c: 43.5cm's

Welcome Maddisons Mummy. Hope you enjoy BB. It's nice to have some newbies!

Kim: Poor Darcy. That Poopie sounds extreme! Kaitlyn's done a few huge ones today but your Darcy's takes the cake! Tonight she's so grizzly but after some bonjella and some panadol has settled down a little.

We had a busy day today. Went shopping to put presents on layby for nieces and nephews for Chrissy and came home with a high chair!

Ahh she's up again, gotta run.
    Sorry so short.

Hey Corie, welcome! Cute website, couldn't view Maddy's piccies though. She was a big girl born you poor love!

Vic - were reflux babies ever really fussy feeders, like refusal? I am wanting to join a Reflux support group, this really gets me down at times. For us I think the Reflux is part of the problem but not all, I believe he just doesn't like milk, doesn't want to drink and has a long memory with that white medication all that time ago (it was yucko and 5ml - just terrible, made on baking soda). One very smart kid I have got.

Kim - OMG that poo sounds terrible, I guess if that was just a one off one with red maybe just see what the next one is like. Does she appear sick?

So yes we went swimming today and we were in such a rush as we went into town with Daddy when he went to work today. There was so much to do and so little time, I even said Wade help me think have I got everything and he said togs but I was thinking Lachie Lachie Lachie, forgot about Mummy bugger. No togs, oops, and as I said to Tania I didn't want to buy anything as I am too big these days and didn't know if I would buy anything big enough (truth be none I was more concerned about there being long enough two piece to cover up my bulging belly). Anyway I did find something YEAH - $50LATER THOUGH GRRRR..... Kim I had to laugh when you said you had forgotten the nappy bag before, I have left with everything but no formula, had to go the chemist, thankfully they keep our scripts and had to get a whole new supply of 4 tins.

Anyway better go my eyes are so sore from swimming, only dunked my head once, what is with that? Feeling really sorry for poor Tania having to go back to work, I just couldn't imagine leaving my difficult child, I struggle let alone anyone else! We will still catch up though Tania, will have to see other heaps before we leave for Tieri next year.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Evening Girls,

Welcome Corie and Jemima, just a bit about me, I'm Karen married to DH for 5 years - together for 9, 2 little cherubs Samuel 3 and Phoebe 5 months.

Not much to report with little miss Phoebe, she is cruising along nicely...no dramas, plenty of sleep had by all.

Got the news today that our landlord is selling up so we will be on the move shortly. At first I was terribly shocked, although we did know it was coming just thought we had a bit more time. I am quite excited now, the place we live in is old and a little run down...needs some TLC. Now we have Phoebe we are finding we are slowly out growing the place. It doesn't have a back verandah, a bath and has a very small eat in kitchen. So you all know what will be at the top of the list for the new place. We have been given first option to buy the place, but have decided against it as the house has more work then we have the money and time to repair it. Unfortunately rents have risen considerably since I was last out looking for a rental, I haven't mentioned it to DH yet but if I have to I will return to work for the minimum part time hours (10) just to help out....I have also enrolled in TAFE next year, so I am going to be one busy little bee.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, catch ya tomorrow.

Welcome Corie!! How exciting more new ppl YAY! I checked out Maddy’s website, she is just gorgeous! Well done and congratulations. Big bubba!! What a huge family you have…and I thought I had it bad with DP having 6 sisters LOL How beautiful that Maddison already has her ears pierced! **Has anyone else thought of getting their babies ears done? If we had a girl she would have hers done by now. ** Anyway Corie its great to have you here!

Leanne: You came home with a high chair but did you get the chrissy pressies on layby? OMG that reminds me I have to remember where I have xmas laybys haha

Sheree: The new togs looked great! $50 is reasonable really I remember (way back when LOL) I used to pay a min of $80 for a pair of togs every year! Boardies and a singlet top is all I’ll wear now haha

Mummy….or should I say Karen….I never knew your name….Must have missed it LOL. I used to love moving house when we were in melb….A bit different now that we have Jayden it would be harder….I am trying to convince DP to sell this house so we can find something bigger…ideally though I’d like to keep this house for a rental. You will def have your hands full if you start work, study and have the 2 kids to look after….You will manage though I am sure!

Jayden now has this obsession with standing…my fault really I keep encouraging him to do it. I sit him up and immediately pushes his legs push up to stand. I had him standing on his own (holding on to the couch) the other day, he was concentrating on the dog that was sleeping on the couch. He nearly got swiped by the cat tonight because he was patting her and then grabbed a nice chunk of fur and pulled….poor Kirra meowed and I covered Jayden’s face just in case but Kirra just jumped off the couch and went outside. Jayden is back to rolling from his tummy to his back. He loves playing “Round and round the garden” and also loves being upside down! DP was hiding behind the wall and I was holding Jayden….then DP would jump out at him and say “hello baby” OMG Jayden LOVED it, he was laughing so much…I could barely stand up I was laughing at him laughing, it was gorgeous! There is probably more but I can’t think right now…too tired LOL.

Oh Kim….Those tablets aren’t really working anymore….I’m still taking them but I’m not pushing the BF’ing thing anymore….I am really over it, we have been through too many problems and with FF’ing him he is much happier I think. I’ll continue to BF when I have enough like in the mornings and for top ups.

Alright that’s enough rambling from me tonight. Have a good night all (Only 2 sleeps till I have to go to work )

oxoxoxox

Jodie259 Guest

Just popping my head in for a quick Hi...

I'm so tired, and although I'm used to going to bed around 2am every night/morning... I watched a DVD and died when I saw it was only 9.20pm. It has made me realise that the sleep deprivation is catching up with me.

Welcome Corie... I couldn't load up maddisons photos either! Sounds like a big girl. Bottle fed? One of my mums group mums breastfeeds and her bubba is huge! So it's not always the method of feeding.

Talking of which... I've called sleep school to arrange a 5 day stay. I'm realising that Shauns sleep patterns are not 'normal' - and he's not improving. He only sleeps in 20 minute blocks during the day, and wakes every 3-4 hours from 8pm to 8am. Its a long process to get into sleep school... but I have a call-back next Tuesday.

I went to the Parenting/Baby expo yesterday - and bought lots of goodies!! Best thing ever is a "hippychick seat". It's like a bumbag that you strap around your waist - and it has a hard wedge that sticks out. You put that on your hip, and baby/child sits on the wedge. (or you can put it at the front too). It takes all the weight off your back, and allows you to stand straight, rather than throwing your back out whilst holding your baby. It was the best thing!!! I love expos. I got my BB showbag, and met Kelly and caught up with Pinky McKay. The expo was huge and there were millions of prams. It was total gridlock! I'm going again tomorrow with a BB friend. More shopping!

Hope you all have a great weekend! and a brilliant week ahead!

are toasters getting taller or muffins smaller??? I have two burnt fingers from fishing this morning!

I think Darc might be finally starting to teeth as her gums are rock hard. This morning she woke at 3 - again but at 5 was screaming uncontrollably in her sleep (of course she was in bed with me - great). Bit of panadol though and she's right and slept til nearly 7. Missed out on our potion last night too and I think that really helps her.

Jodie I went to the expo when it was in Sydney the week before I had Darcy. I was so glad we had evrything as there were obviously newly preggie parents being talked into the most ludicrously priced things I have ever seen! There was some cool stuff though. Which reminds me....are your babies into tags? Darcy is and the look of concentration is priceless! They had these things that were just a square of soft stuff with tags all around. It was just ribbon, but they were selling it for 40 bucks! I'm going to make one for Darcy and another friend so if anyone else has a tag fiend I'm happy to make and send.

Mummy I never knew your name either....which do you want us to use? Moving is exciting and good cause for clean out, but with littlies I can imagine it's terrifying too. Good luck in your hunt.

Sheree theres a reflux support group called VIA. When I was at Tresillian I read about it and they really reccommend it. It has a website. I'll see if I can find it for ya. WHen are you guys moving? So it's all still good with the newsagency?

Well it's a total change in the weather this weekend and Darcy has nothing warm that fits....it was about 13 yesterday and last night we had to put the ac back onto heat!
    The girlies are having a jammy/trackie day today as Daddy is on OT courtesy of the airshow on this weekend - we do have to go out but who cares I'm doing it daggy today.

Not via, RISA Sheree, the reflux organisation

Ooh sorry Nat...am I allowed to do that? Just delete if I'm not.
    Last edited by Trillian; October 22nd, 2006 at 11:36 AM. Reason: removal of link

Thanks so much Kim, I appreciate that, I really need some help here!

Vic - I guess we are not allowed to really try anything different just yet because of his cows milk protein intolerance. He was on a prescription formula neocate, prior to that I had him on Karicare Sensicare HA AR, and now we have him on S26 HA. HA meaning hydrolised and sensitive to his intolerances, so not game to change atm, but within a month I want to try and change him over to a cows milk one again just to see how he goes! Even goats milk they say that is great. So when you say your children were fussy did they just outright REFUSE to drink also???? Oh and yeah even if he only has 20ml, he will still throw up, but they have him on meds for that now, hoping they work soon, not working yet, thinking of ringing paed to find out how long it takes to work. The LF formula is Lactose Free isn't it? I don't believe he is Lactose Intolerant just cows milk protein intolerant, wellllll this is what they tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No prob darl. They seem really nice. I was going to join, but Darcy's seems to be getting better....I think. Go back to the paed next month. However, zantac is about $30 for 600ml. She only has 2.2ml per day but I've only got about 10ml left. Don't want to buy another 600ml as it's lasted me this long only for him to say wean her off....Leanne might have to buy some off you.

Corie, I have added your details to the front page for you.

Afternoon Girls,

Just poppin in too see how everyone is going. Party was.....O.K!! The dramas did continue but i managed to have a good time.

I will be back later to do personals and give the details on the party!

Noticed there was a name change there Kim hey....Why??? Not grilling you or anything just curious!!!

Oh...and Hi Corie....Nice to see you made it here!! That is a big bubba girl you have there!! You'll have to post your Birth Story in the birth stories forum for us too have a read.

Anyways....I am sooooooo tired.

BBL

ohh yeah...kim....

I am pretty sure blood in the poo is not good hey. How is it today??

Keep an eye on it anyways.

afternoon all
    welcome Corie
    glad the party went well Sara

my daughter has a friend over so not doing to much today
    BBL for a proper catch up

creating a new thread for you girls

Love

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567