Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #12

Quiet in here today! Iím still feeling pretty crap Ė besides washing and dishes we havenít really done a thing. I just put Em in the JJ and heís loving it today!

Sara ~ I canít believe you donít have pageants? Thatís unbelievable! We have the big one in Adelaide and then few other smaller ones around the place as well! Iím nervous about the STAT test because my future basically rides on it but at the same time Iím quietly confident. YAY at starting TTC#2 you lucky thing!! You are definitely not silly wanting a baby this soon and uni will always be there for you to go and study! I think you both know what you want. GL with it!

Jodie ~ I hope sleep school goes well for you!!

Kim ~ Glad to hear that its not overly serious but still Ė imagine 8 UTIís not picking it up! Thatís really bad!

I wish Em would go down for a long nap so I can have a nana nap myself! Last night I was in bed asleep at 9.30 :eek: which is about 3 hours earlier then normal! I canít wait to feel better!!!!

Evening ladies,

WHERE ARE YOU ALL????

It's been soo quiet in here today. I feel like such a loner!!

Did anyone bet on the melbourne cup?? I did'nt. I just watched it all alone!! I feel a little sad thisevening. Could be cause i am alone and am feeling under the weather!! Brent has gone deer shooting!! I have been getting the pains all day. I am wondering wether its just o cramping or something else. I did'nt eat much of my tea tonight cause i feel sick and tired. I also keep getting hot flushes.I might be getting a bug.

Got a fair bit done round the house today. So tomorrow i am going to try and finish whats left then the house will be clean!!

Well i am going to hang around the forums for a while then i might make an early night of it i think.

BBL

Nat: I did go mental at him and countless times since!! I am really getting so p****ed off with him ATM....I just keep thinking about how much I do around here and I get little or no help and no appreciation!!Good luck with you STAT my fingers and toes are crossed for you LOL. I hope you feeling better soon!! OMG @ Em floating on his own!! Was that with or without floaties? We really have to go swimming again soon....we haven't been for ages, except for a little splash in SIL#3's pool.

Sara: Jayden loved me snorkelling LOL He didn't move the first time I went but after that he was moving around while I was under....it was a funny feeling haha I can't wait to get him into it when he's a bit older....he will love the fish!! I hope your feeling better today too! With the TTC thing, like I said last night....you do what you feel is right...Although you are young you have the rest of your life to go to uni but a shorter span to have children....After seeing what SIL#5 has been through (and the $$$) I say have kids while you can and don't wait for anything......Pity Chris didn't see it my way

Kim: Good to hear your ok

Talk about nana naps....i could have one for the next 3mths I think.....I am really getting myself so warn out!! Jayden woke at 1.30am, 3am, 6.30am then just after 7am. I gave him 60mls at 3am which I will do again tonight then the following night will change it to water and see how he goes. I left him awake in his cot after his bottle as I was so tired I couldn't stay up. He wouldn't go to sleep so I picked him up and rocked him, sat him the rocking chair with him and in the end I put him back in his cot and said "GO TO SLEEP" and I turned and left him...I felt bad but I have to sleep too! I won't even get started on Chris tonight ...I really don't know why I bother sometimes!!

Oh on a happy note.....Jayden rolled from back to belly then belly to back all in one go!! A one off Im sure but I'm so proud of my boy haha

Well a woman's work is never done...bottles to sterilise and make up for the morning, nappy bag to pack, clothes to put out for Jayden and myself, shower to have and at some stage I might get 5mins sleep before Jayden wakes up.

Oh Tania Love, I totally understand about the sleep thing. And the 'women's jobs' thing too. I wanted to be angry at Chris with you, but mine is so bad and I can't make him change no matter how much I rant. Him and Chris would get along well me thinks. Hope you got some sleep.

Nat, I'm so jealous about your tree. But, its tradition here to put it up 1st Dec, so I'll just hang out until then. Got any piccies??? Just to keep me going abit longer. Besides I don't have any pressies to put under mine....and I was going to be all ready by now. Hope you're feeling better sweet. When's your exam?

OK Sara. I've been thinking about you all night. I have to say I'm a bit envious you can make that decision. Uni will be there forever, can you defer 12 months? Or did you already do that? A good midwife/nurse is based on experience too so I guess that would help. However (and I don't mean to sound like a baddie) aren't you supposed to see the gyn in Jan for a test that you had to put off cos you were preg? Wouldn't it be better to find out about that first? It's only a couple of months away. I would however be very excited for you if you did fall. Hope you're feeling a bit better today and that Briley's sleeping for you.

Well our exciting day is filled with washing as it's been raining for a week, we have about 8 laods.

BBL

Morning Ladies,

Another quiet day in here i see.

Kim - Yeah i know what you mean about seeing the Dr. I have thought about it and i think what are they going to do for me really. Just tell me that i have PCOS and thats it. Its not cureable(sp??). The drugs they give you for it are only to help with your fertility. I want to wait but this urge that i am having is soooooo strong is unreal. I have NEVER EVER felt anything like it. I know it sounds stupid but i really think my body is trying to tell me something. Maybe i am just overreacting. I don't know. At the mo we are just going with the flow of things. If it happens it happens. But i do understand where you coming from. Thanks heaps for caring!!

Tania - YAY at Jayden rolling!!! Its cool when they do it hey. I wish i had've seen Briley do it. Nevermind there will be a million and one other times!! Briley rolled off the lounge yesterday. I took my eyes of her for one second and went out to the lounge to check on her and she was on the floor on her stomach laughing!!! I tell you, she is a little rat bag!!! I hear you about the womens work!! I just can't get on top of everything. I have been a little under the weather this week so i'd say that has something to do with it.

Lea - I hope you are feeling better today. I have felt like crap all week. I am still feeling yucky today. I might be picking up a bug i think cause i had bit of a runny nose thismorning. Did you end up getting you nana nap?? You ol' thing you!! He He!!!

Looks like i might have a good one here then hey girls!! I thought Brent was bad a times!! Sorry to hear your men are not living up to their fatherly roles very well. Would you like Brent to come down and put the boot up em' ?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!

I am STILL on a cleaning mission today. Have a shyte load of ironing to do. Briley is sleeping of the lounge floor. No more loungesuite time for her!!! She can't be trusted!! Little worm!! Still having bad cramps so i am going to take it easy anyway. Just poke along.

BBL

Sara ~ I didnít even watch the Melbourne Cup this year let alone bet on it!! Last year I ran works sweep and everything Ė lots of fun! I never got my nana nap! How is your cleaning mission progressing?

Tania ~ He had a back floatie on and was holding onto the side of the pool Ė so floating by himself with aids I should have said LOL. Whoo hoo for Jayden rolling!! I have said to Emerson countless times GO TO SLEEP Ė especially yesterday lol when I was feeling quite crappy!!

Kim ~ I will take piccies and post them on my website. I pretty much put mine up so early because of tradition but also because I had no where to put the presents I had taken off layby LOL! Do you have the password? If not I will email it to you! The exam is less then 2 weeks away :eek: . All my washing is done though I have a heap of ironing here LOL!

Vic ~ OMG Iím so jealous of you going to the U2 concert!! Sounds like a blast! Whoo hoo for Adam being on the move. I am finding that with my floors as well with Em crawling around. He still quite hasnít worked out the mechanics of normal crawling yet (though can go backwards!) but gets to where he wants quite fast by commando crawling!

Okay everyone shoot me Ė I know its way too early for my ticker LOL but I couldnítí help myself! We had another busy day today Ė kindergym and a mothers group meet. Em is asleep now and then it is dinner at my parents. Got my photos back today Ė at least the prints anyway! I will put them on the website when I get the CD. They are just brilliant!!! I canít wait to start making my Christmas Cards!! Iíd love to have them sent out by the beginning of December! Starting to feel better but I have a darn awful cough which is irritating me. Just catching up on a few posts while Em is asleep then it will be bath time and off to my folks!

LOL Vic!! Sorry! I'm a tad scared myself!

Afternoon Ladies,

Yep nearly xmas time already. Bloody scary aint it!!

Lea - That is soooo cute!! Jodie is doing xmas cards too. It has given me a little incentive to do it aswell. Cleaning mission: Complete!! LOL. Glad the pics turned out good.

Vic - YAY at Adam crawling!! I hope Briley starts soon. She does'nt even look like trying. But then again...clean floors all the time!!! Might be better if she stays in the one spot!!

Great advice. I knew that you'd tell me what i wanted to hear!! I might be jumping to conclusions yet. I'm not even pregnant yet!! I am thinking about just going p/t at uni for 2 years. I have to wait until the time table for next year comes out before i make any rash decisions. I am not worried about the money issue at all really. Brent earns a pretty decent living. I am more worried about the time i am going to have with my children. The one thing i really don't want to do is just go and put them in daycare when i can take care of them myself. I want to be a good mum. I really appreciate your thoughts.

Well i just baked brownies!! Mmmm Mmmm. Brent is cooking tea tonight. So i thought i would make dessert!!

BBL maybe,

It's been so quiet in here today again....

Well 9 loads complete....one to go. I am ashaned to admit I didn't get Darcy dressed today and didn't even have a shower myself until 6tonight...

U2 looked awesome Vic!Did you have to wait 18months too?

Nah Sara wasn't being your conscience. Just go for it. You sound like I'd love to be and are in a position I wish I was. I'm making my own cards too, just gotta get the pics taken. Nat's is great hope she won't get upset if I steal that idea!

Nat I LOVE your ticker!!! What a great photo.

Well Darcy's fighting pretty hard not to go to sleep tonight :sigh: no dinner yet and I just couldn't be bothered.

Evening ladies.

Had a busy few days. Went to the Melbourne Cup thingy with Kim on Tues which was good, however was not as good as I had thought. Must have psyched myself up too much. Was great to catch up with the girls tho and see how much our bubbies have grown. Was also good to catch up with Kim, thanks again for picking us girls up.

This afternoon my DH and I went and saw the Devil Wears Prada. It was the last session running and only 6 of us in the whole theatre. Classique flick. Mum looked after Kaitlyn and she slept most of the 5 hours we were away.

Christmas cards...... I've created a photo size one via digital scrapbooking. Just need to take the pic of the three of us in our chrissy gear and when Harvey Norman or the like have a 15c print promo on again I'll get them printed. I bought a cute set of raindeer ears and a bib for Katy, a santa hat for me and a Ho Ho Ho cap for DH, so hopefully all will go ok.

I probably won't be on in the morning as I will hopefully be walking , so . . . .

Happy 6 month birthday to Phoebe, Darcy Jesse and our little Kaitlyn. Where has the time gone???

Got Katy weighed today - 8.0 kgs and 66 cm long. Sheís growing strong and fast. She now blows raspberries on cue which is an absolute classique. All you have to do is slightly stick your tongue out and she does the same and then . . . well blows raspberries. Dribble out both sides of her mouth and everywhere.

She has also learnt to roll from tummy to back, but hasn't mastered it yet so I still have to save her most times.

Markís back is a lot better (THANK GOODNESS), so weíre doing things here and there. Probably drive out to Berry one day and maybe Newcastle another dayÖ..

Vic - I am so jealous of you being able to go to U2. They are my all time ultimate favourite band and my walking inspiration!..... My BIL and SIL are going on Friday night.... I offered to take their tickets as their bubba is only 7 weeks old. Of course they said no... Was worth a try... LOL

Sheree and Wade - still thinking of and praying for your little man . . . . Hugs to you all.

Have a nice night girls and ďMay all our babies sleep well tonightĒ
    Last edited by Lea13; November 8th, 2006 at 10:24 PM.

Sara ~ Whoo hoo for getting the cleaning done! I still have mine to do but will do it tomorrow I think (or maybe Friday LOL). Still jealous of your brownies LOL!

Kim ~ There is no shame in not getting dressed haha! In fact I love those days!! Steal the idea Ė you are more then welcome. TBH I wanted a Santa Hat but the baby ones were too small for his head and the adult ones to big so we went with the reindeer ears instead! I love the ticker too Ė so joyous!!

Vic ~ A 12 month wait is a long time for a concert! Iím glad it lived up to expectations lol!

Well Iím back from dinner and Iím so tired. Need to be up early tomorrow so I really should go to bed! Nighty night!

Sorry Leanne I missed your posts before! I fixed up the birthday part for you! Do you know how to edit? Its best to go to advanced edit and change it in there. How cute of Katy blowing raspberries on cue! And 8kgs - WOW only 1 more to go until you can turn the seat around! Whoo hoo @ Katy rolling as well! I want to see that movie - glad you had some quality time with DH!

Oh does everyone else get the Womans Day? I'm sure that's not just an SA thing? Well there is a promotion in there where you get 30 free prints, 50% of enlargements and 15 free 6x8 prints. No catches either! And they are doing a great Santa photo deal as well. Get your photo taken with Santa at harvey Norman and get one print free. Then they have $5, $10 and $20 packages and they are really good value (has prints, calenders and cards). Nothing like the normal supermarket ones and I'd imagine better quality photos as well! I'm assuming they'd be the same nation wide - not sure though.

Ok now I'm really going to bed LOL. I shouldn't check my emails right before I'm about to sign out LOL!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi There Girls....

Finally got organised and returned the capsule we hired for little miss Phoebe and she is in Samuels old convertable car seat. She isn't 9 kgs yet but the seat has a padded incert (sp??) so she is facing the front. When she first went out in it she was bug eyed the whole time, she didn't know what to look at. Samuel was giving her a lesson on big trucks, buses and everything else along the way. (how cute)

Nothing much else to report (I think)....well it's late and my brain has stopped functioning.

Catch ya tomorrow.

Morning Girls,

HAPPY 6 MONTHS DARCY, PHOEBE, KAITLYN AND JESSE!!!

Up early again today. But thats ok we have to go into town and down some shopping and run a few errands. Briley slept through till about 5am thismorning. She is slowly getting better. Mind you i gave her some food yesterday so that could have contributed.

Vic - The course goes for 3 years f/t and 6 years p/t. But then another year for your midwifery. I thought the hours were only going to be minimal too but i downloaded a time table from this year and found that it was over 20 hours a week. I rang and asked them about it but next years t/t does'nt come out till 1 Dec. I told them my situation and she said that they try and plan it around parents with children as this makes up most of their students. So i will just have to wait until Dec before i can make a decision. If it is going to be like this year then if i do p/t next year it should cut the time in half. I will ring and speak to the Nursing School staff when the time comes. Thanks for your help!!

Kim - I know you were'nt trying to be my conscience. I need to hear the facts. Thats why i asked you guys for your comments and advice. I really appreciate your opinion.

I hope darcy went down for you. We did'nt have tea till late lastnight too cause Briley was very cranky yesterday afternoon. She did'nt have her normal arvo sleep yesterday cause we were out in the yard,so i'd say that was why. Good luck with the washing. I just finished mine and now there is another load to do!! Brent is WAY worse than Briley when it comes to clothes. I am forever washing his stuff!! Don't worry about not getting dressed, I always get around in the nude!! Sorry if that TMI!! But i just feel most comfortable this way. And plus i can being out here!! I was saying to Brent yesterday. Bub, you know what we are going to be when we get old???....Nudest!!!! LOL. He is the same. But that is a revolting thought...sorry!! LOL!!

Nat - Brownies did'nt turn out soo good. The tin i cook them in was too big and the edges burnt!! The middle still turned out good though. How was dinner?? What did you end up having?? I'll have to grab a copy of the womens day today and have a looky. Thanks for that!!

Leanne - LOL at Kaitlyn blowing rasberries on cue. Briley tried that one yesterday, only she had a mouth full of food and it all went in my face and hair!! WOW, your lucky. I'd never be able to drag brent to a movie like that. Was it good?? I have been wanting to see it for ages!! Glad Mark's back is feeling better.

Mummy - We took Briley into town in Brents ute the other day and had it facing forward. She loves being able to see around. The ambulance told me no to have it facing forward till she was a least crawling or 9kg but she can support her neck so i thought why not. I was going to get Brent to put it back the right way when he put it back in my car but he already had it facing forward and in the middle. So i just left it.

BTW - What's your real name?? I feel weird calling you "mummy". LOL!!!

Wow can't belive it's 6 months already. Happy 6 months to Phoebe, Katy and Jesse too!
    I took her over an hour last night of total screaming. She was OK in the night. Here's here routine....any suggestions please as I'm so tired I just CANNOT stand and pat or rock for 1/2 hour.
    bed 6.30pm
    wakes between 10pm-11pm usually I leave her to fuss for a bit but when she screams it's awful
    last night I finally settled her at 12.20am with a feed after cuddling her for 1 1/2hours
    back to bed after feed
    wakes 3.25am every day and wants to play.
    this morning I left her for an hour until she started screaming, by then on only two hours I brought her to bed.
    wakes at 6am
    That's a good night other nights I feel like I'm up all night. I don't speak to her or turn lights on. I pat, I rock (though try not to as I don't want to do it always). I don't mind being up early as she plays on the bed while I doze after her feed.

Going to get her weighed this am when she wakes up. Be interesting to see how long she is. Then I might see If I can't find me some of those reindeer antlers.....
    I've had my Kylie tickets since December 2 years ago, Vic. I'm not looking forward to it as much as I was 18 months ago .

Happy 6 months babies

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Afternoon Girls....

Sara ~ My real name is Karen. When my son was 5 months we turned the car seat around, facing forward. He could support his head fine and so I thought it was time to let Phoebe have something to look at while travelling in the car.

Kim ~ I haven't read any recent past posts of yours, has Darcy only just started giving you grief at night??

HAPPY 6 MONTHS to the May 9th Bubba's.....Phoebe, Kaitlyn, Jesse, Darcy.

BBL....
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; November 9th, 2006 at 03:01 PM.

kim i was going to suggest the same as Vic i would always try to get to bub on the first squeak so he doesn't fully wake up

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast