Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #13

Is it too late to join May babies? Riley was born 17 days early on 20th May. He is my 3rd child, he has 2 big sisters who he loves and finds very interesting to watch.
    I live in Sydney with DH and the kids. Am on maternity leave atm but usually I am a primary school teacher. Not sure what else to say lol.

Karen: The Learning Puppy we got had been on raincheck in Melbourne for at least 2 mths..We couldn’t get it at all in QLD so I got my mum to get it, its so frustrating when they have a sale and what you want isn’t there. Kmart had a VTech learning system thing that I wanted for $40 (reduced from $78) they had none in stock until the day after the sale finished!!

Kim: Do what routine suits you not someone else…The nurse doesn’t know Darcy like you do…..I really hope she settles down very soon for you, is Cam getting up to her during the night and giving you a break? Restaurant voucher sounds good but I’m not sure that there are too many places in Gin Gin that they could go, I’m not sure how they would feel about leaving Lachie with someone if they came into Bundy for dinner. We’ll see how much we gather up anyway and go from there….I lost Wade’s number otherwise I could have called him to see if the restaurant idea was ok….I want to leave it for a surprise for Sheree. I think the only reason they suggest 1 food type a week is in case of allergies….if Darcy seems to be ok then I wouldn’t worry. Have fun at Kylie tonight, you will be fine once you get there.

Nat: OMG Em’s crawling!!! What formula have you got that boy on?? LOL Cleaver boy!! Jayden has learnt commando crawl in the bath only hehehe

Shazz: I hope the media respects Rove’s and their families privacy too…..I wondered if Rove Live would be on this week…..I think either not at all or Peter Hellier might host it instead. Guardian angel pin is a great idea!! I haven’t seen RV either. You’re a brave woman to persist with the BF’ing now that Ryan has teeth LOL

Jemima: That is fantastic news that you and DH are excited about bub#3!! Are you going to find out what your having or a surprise? We found out with Jayden but I want bub #2 to be a surprise…Chris wants to find out again though! Good luck with entertaining the kids today!

MrsMac: Welcome to BB and May babies.....We love having new ppl here. Riley is a gorgeous name....It was on our list! I look forward to getting to know you!!

I have heard from Sheree today, she said they have had no answers yet and Lachie is starting getting worse, so it looks like they will be in hospital for a while. If anyone wants to send their own card, email me for my address and I will pass it on when I give them the present. Otherwise I will get a card and sign on behalf of all of us…..I wonder how long it would take to send a card around to each of you to personally sign it?? I think that would be great but may take some time???

Well I better get in the shower seen as its 1pm…..Kim I’m having one of your days LOL Jayden is still in his Pj’s and so am I. I know I keep saying it but we might go swimming this arve….Its so hot here today!!

Have a great day girls oxoxox

Thankyou so much for the welcome. Its nice to chat to other people with babies the same age although I just told Riley he should be crawling! lol.

Hi girls, busy busy busy today. Mark's back's still sore seems to be getting worse so I am doing mostly everything at the moment. So tiring.

Ladies, I just had an idea for Sheree and Wade and Lachy. Instead of a big card maybe if we all sent you a pic of ourselves with our bubs and encouraging words etc on a piece of card - we could then make up a scrapbook page or two.

Just a thought. .... Let me know what you think.

Also cooking Katys meals for the next month or so to freeze. Can she have apricots? Or will it give her the runs?

Welcome to May bubs MrsMac.... You'll love it here.

No time for personals atm but will try to get back later.... My house looks like a bomb so it's cleaning for me.

Might pour myself a glass of wine! LOL..... HIC!

Oh and Kim Enjoy Kylie tonight.... You'll love it

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON!!!!!
    Last edited by Lea13; November 12th, 2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Double Post

Hi Girls,

Just finished mowing. Now i am itchy as cause they grass was dry!!

Welcome to May BB Mrs Mac!! I am not spsed to be in here but Briley was due on the 30th May but came of the 5 June so i spent my whole pg here with these awesome girls!!

Leanne - I reckon thats an awesome idea. See what the other girls say.

Tania - That would be a good idea with the posting around thing. What do you reckon bout leanne's idea?? Don't worry bout being in your jamies its sunday!! Your allowed!! I only just gave Briley a bath about 20 mins ago!! She is def teething now i think. She did 4 poo's yesterday!! She is running at the mouth like a tap too!!

Vic - I hope you having a great time with your fellow espcapee!!

Tania ~ this was on rove live.com
    At the moment I have no plans for Rove Live for the rest of 2006.
    This is a very difficult period for all of us and some time away
    is the best thing for me right now.

In the meantime I want to extend my sincerest thanks for all of your
    heartfelt messages and condolences. That Belinda meant so much to so many
    people, genuinely means a lot to me.

-Rove
    it is so so sad

welcome Mrs Mac i love the name riley too
    well i did eventually finish cleaning and now Dh has finished mowing and has completely messed it all up again gosh darn it
    Last edited by ~shazz~; November 12th, 2006 at 02:54 PM.

How funny Sara, Riley was due on the 5th June! If I had been here from the start I would have been on the June babies, we could have just swapped places.
    I love the name Riley too although it took a little while for me to like it. We picked a girl's name quickly and without arguments (Olivia Rose) then found out it was a boy and spent ages trying to agree on something. He was nearly Patrick James after both our dad's which I noticed is someone else on BBs baby's name.
    Do they know what is wrong with baby Lachlan? (sorry, it may take a while for me to catch up)
    Its very hot here today, Sydney weather has been just ridiculous in the past few weeks, I have had to buy bigger winter clothes for Riley cause we have had some freezing days and now its hot again.
    Belinda Emmett's sister is one of the mums at school, she is a lovely person I feel so sorry for her and the children at the moment, I wonder if they will be off school this week.

Mrs Mac - LOL....that is a coincidence is'nt it!! Some else of coicidence is the lady who has a boy named Patrick James is Jess or Bellasmum!! She belongs to this forums aswell!! That is weird!! Olivia Rose is nice. Brent and i could'nt agree on anything and the night i suggested Briley who said yeah i like that and his grandmother's name is Jean so it all fell together on the one night!!

Vic - Yeah that sounds good. Whoever is the scrapbooker just let me know and i try and scratch up a good pic of Briley and I. Glad you had a good day!! Mmmmm choccy milkshake!!

I am thinkin of you getting ready for Kylie Kim, if your not already there!! How exciting!! I hope you have a great night. I have only been to 1 concert in my life and that was Keith Urban. It was well worth it too. He is sooooooo sexy!! To bad he is rehab at the moment though!!
    Last edited by Ilithyia; November 12th, 2006 at 09:21 PM.

MrsMac: LOL @ telling Riley to start crawling….I want Jayden to as well but part of me doesn’t want him too. Is he trying to get up on his knees? As Vic said…Lachie’s problems have stemmed from his reflux. He was in Bundaberg hospital a few weeks ago and had urine, poo and blood tests and a barium(sp) swallow. All tests came back fine but the barium swallow showed just how bad the reflux was. He had a dietitian and a speech therapist visit as well (which I was there for) They came to the conclusion that the teat they were using was too slow and was working too hard and getting too much air therefore he was thinking he was full and wouldn’t drink more than 30-60ml per feed. Gradually it has gotten worse and they were struggling to get 10-20ml into him. He was back in Bundy hospital and was tube feed to try and hydrate him a little more then was sent to Bris hospital, I’m not sure of everything that happened there but they got back home and Lachie power spewed again so was taken to Gin Gin hospital and he had lost 240g in 1.5wks so he has now been admitted to Bundaberg Hospital again. I msg’ed Sheree yesterday and she didn’t say what was going on only that they have no answers and he is starting to get worse. Well that’s it in a nutshell, we are really none the wiser of whats going on……I get so teary just thinking about what Sheree and Wade are going through!!

Shazz: I didn’t even think to go to the Rove website…..I can understand if it wasn’t on for the remainder of the year…So so sad!! I just can’t believe how young she was.

Sara: I hope all goes well if you take Brent to the hospital.

Vic & Leanne they are great ideas…very similar, I think emailing pics would be quicker and easier…Unfortunately I’m not a scrap booker but if any of you girls that are want to donate some time I think a mini book would be beautiful! I found that book Vic…I made the girls at the book shop keep looking till they found each type it cam in ie; paperback, hardback and mini LOL There are also 2 other books called “Always” & “Love You Forever” that sounded good too, a friend has both of these books so I’m going up there to have a read to see how suiting they are. We’ll see how much money we get together and go from there. I found a beautiful card too that had gorgeous words (you think I remembered it though??? NO!!) I’ll go to Kmart tomorrow and get it even if we don’t use the card we can use the words maybe

Those who have already deposited money, it should clear in my account tomorrow so as long as there is a name as a reference I will let you each know that it has cleared.

Jayden went psycho tonight, nothing would calm him down. We had visitors pretty much all day and when they all left he just cracked it big time!! I gave him a bath which he usually loves but he cried all the way through it, drying and dressing him….cried…..But as soon as I sat down to feed him he stopped and fell asleep pretty much straight away. So he has been asleep since 8.30pm which is early for him….Poor boy must have been s hungry and tired!! Anyway I’m off to bed too….I need an early one after going to bed after 1am all weekend!!

Nighty night girls
    oxoxox

Tania ~ LOL @ the shoes not matching – that’s why I didn’t want to go and pay $20 for a pair because I would want two or three pairs to match all his outfits! I found a pair in Big W for $10 yesterday! Must have been popular because I got Em a Learning Puppy for Christmas as well LOL.

Mummy ~ I got some good bargains at Big W – most importantly I got a new dress which I actually like! YAY! The STAT has come around so quickly! Thanks for the good luck – I think I will need it.

Sara ~ That is scary stuff about your mum!

Shazz ~ I saw RV and yes there were some funny moments! What would you like to study? I can’t believe he is crawling either – I thought I’d get the wobbly crawl for a few days at least but no – he is confidently crawling hand by hand LOL. It honestly looks so strange to me… Poor Ryan with his teeth! I can’t believe he drew blood the little buggar!

Jemima ~ whoo hoo for being excited – 3 is a lucky number lol! It is amazing to watch the milestones. I honestly don’t know where the last 6 months has gone!

Kim ~ Hmmm this year my Dad is getting a photo of his grandson LOL . I need to get a highchair as well but I’ve honestly been thinking of getting one of those booster seats – less then half the cost and it has the table attached and can be folded and put away which is a great bonus for me because I’m running out of room to store baby stuff LOL! I tried Em with apples after the rice cereal and he loved it in comparison. That is a pity about the nursing text books – maybe when I’m over your way for a holiday LOL! I think you’re routine was fine and if it was working then go back to it BUT (and don’t hit me here LOL) if she was always waking up then it may not have been the best routine for her so you have to break it to try a new one IYKWIM? I’m not really sure as I’ve always just let Emerson lead the way and I’m just lucky he sleeps all bloody night I hope it gets sorted soon. Yoghurt is fine – I just found Em some lactose free yoghurt which I mix with fruit and he loves it! As for more then one food a week it is recommended that you only try one new thing over a week or so due to allergies. *whispers* I have to admit to not doing this! OMG… looking for a change – SA maybe… whoo hoo!!! BBQ @ my place Enjoy the Kylie concert – I’d be stoked to go!

Leanne ~ Haha @ you being a little hungover! I give Em apricots and he seems fine with it. I wish I could do a big cook up like that but I only have a tiny freezer! I really think I need to invest in one of those deep freezers… then I’d have to try and find the space for it though!

Mrsmac ~ Its never too late to join! Welcome to the thread! I have a little boy Emerson (see ticker!)

Vic ~ Glad to hear that you enjoyed today with your friend! YAY for having the muffin and choccy milkshake to yourself!! And yes I understand the floor stuff now – he gets into everything! And of course it goes straight to the mouth.

We’ve had another busy weekend. Studied for the STAT yesterday and then had power blackouts on and off all afternoon and into the night. I ended up at a friends house and almost didn’t go home cause it was so so dark but I did and enjoyed the rest of the blackout in candlelight! And then today I worked (3 sickies – crappy day!). Only just worked out before that I needed to reset my router to make my internet work again LOL. I’ve got another busy week ahead of me – I honestly need to sit down and start writing out some goals and timeframes because the weeks just seem to be melting into one and I’m getting nothing done!!

I am just uploading Emerson’s professional shots into his site now. So if you want to see but don’t have the password PM or email me! I hope you all think they are as gorgeous as I do!

I was so sad to hear of Belinda Emmett passing away. I knew that she was sick but had no idea it had worsened. TBH I feel more upset over Belinda then I did over Steve but I have followed her career and remember her getting diagnosed etc etc. And I loved Rove and Belinda together – those two were truly soul mates, you could see it in every photo. RIP Belinda.

I cannot believe that Sheree and Wade do not have answers about poor Lachie yet. How horrible for them. Sara I will let you know when I transfer the money. All the ideas sound good so far – I’d be happy with any of them. LOL if Sheree decides to check in on us though!!

Oh and for the last 3 days we have walked every day! YAY! (and I am not sitting here at midnight eating Burger Rings and drinking coke ) And I was ready in time to post this morning but we had another black out LOL. Well that is a mammoth post – I hope I remembered everybody!

Night girls! (4 emoticons isn't enough for such a large post LOL)

good morning all

Nat~ i don't know what i want to do .. i don't know if my body will let me go back to nursing ( i was age care nursing pre baby ) though i would still like to have the qualifications behind me i had started a diversional therapy course through tafe so i might finish that and go from there but i think i would like to do natural medicine / accupuncture ( he hehe sticking needles into someone other then myself for a change ... sounds appealing doesn't it he he ) oh i don't know i know i want to study again but my hat off to you girls that are going to study and have really young kids i think i am going to wait till ryan is a little bit more independant like 4

any body interested in seeing a tupperware book let me know i have a recruit starting up today how exciting .. any hoo enough rambling have a great day i will be back later

Kim ~ hope you had a great time at the concert

Morning all! Very chipper this morning! Even though I didn't get to bed til 1, Darcy was a good girl, fed at midnight when I got home, 5 and then went back to sleep til 7.30!!!!
    The concert was.......ok. The Bono bit was excellent! He was very humble and didn't want to take away from her. Then I spotted him in the audience a bit later, just sitting there watching. He snuck in and out in the dark bits. We had Fab tickets!! But the costumes were average, the music was slower....I don't know. Wasn't as good as I thought. Had a good night though.
    Cam rang an hour after I left....by then she could have sayed up all night cos I didn't care, but he was so stressed as she refused the bottle. I told him not to worry, If she was hungry she'd drink, but I felt sorry for him cos he sounded so worried. Then I got a message saying she's been screaming for an hour. She kept turning around in the bed....in the end she went to sleep. She woke half an hour before I got home so I told him to just nurse her til I got there. She was fine when I got home. He needs more practise though. LOL.

mrsMac, Jessica welcome!!! Which bit of Sydney you from??? I know what you mean about the weather....and now it's raining! I'm mum to Darcy the Dragon LOL. Shes just six months and doesn't crawl either (phew) but rolls and sits up by herself. She's our first.

Sara what did I miss about Breant, and your mum????

Shazz what did I miss about drawing blood???

Blackouts Nat that's poo. We have a chest freezer but it's outside and we rarley use it. Only now we only shop occasionally we have to....~reminder~must get Darcy's food into snaplock bags today to give some more space. I'm getting one of those fisher price space saver chairs Nat. Mum's buying it for Darcy for chrissie, but in the mean time she's just lending us hers....it's only six weeks!

I think that book's a top idea. I am so useless on the puter I can't volunteer.

Nat you've inspired me to creat a new ticker.....I will have to put the christmas photo I took of Darcy onto CD so i can upload it.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; November 13th, 2006 at 09:42 AM. Reason: baaaad spelling!

Morning Ladies

Well we have a major drama lastnight. We have a irrigation pump to water all the fruit trees. Brent went down to move it and noticed there was no water pumping out of the sprinklers and went over to the pump cause he though it was'nt pumping any water. He opened a cap on the pump and boiling water sprayed all over his right arm. Kinda like when a radiator is overheated and your take the cap off and water comes out everywhere. So he came up to the house and got in the shower and was in there for about an hour but it was'nt helping. So i rang 13health and they said to go to the Emerg Ward. I had just put Briley to bed so i had to race around and get the car ready and nappy bad and all that. In the mean time he was in a whole lot of pain and could'nt get out of the shower otherwise it would hurt too much. So i had to call and ambulance to meet us half way (we live about 40mins from the hospital). So we jumped in the car and met them half way and i followed the rest of the way. Well it turned out he has a 2'nd degree burn but is ok. We have to go back today to get it redressed!! What a bloody drama!!

Brent has just cooked ME breakfast so i better go and eat it!!

BBS

OMG Sara that's terrible!!!! The poor thing......don't let him sook too much though....only joking. Hope it helas quick.

Kim - LOL - You would'nt bloody believe it!! He's down there mucking around with it again right now!! Tosser!! He only just got back from the hospital to have it redresses about half an hour ago!! :eek:

When he went there all the skin peeled off!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW...I am glad i did'nt go. I prolly woulda spewed!

I am going to have a sleep now. Feel like absolute crap!!!

BBL

OMG sara hope he is alright

Shazz what did I miss about drawing blood???
    no drawing blood i would like to do accupuncture and having GD when i was pg i was forever sticking myself with needles it will be a novelty to stick someone else for a change

wow this post just took me over 3 hours

Noooo, Shazz, did Ryan bite you? I got the accupuncture bit.....
    Oh well Sara, if he can manage that he can manage anything......spew? how you gonna do nursing stuff? (says the person that no longer has a gag) Tehe my very first patient as a qualified RN was a lady who'd had a MASSIVE stroke and her bowel had died and was coming away....I nearly fainted. Be nice to the ENs....they can be your best allies or your worst enemies.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; November 13th, 2006 at 06:00 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast