Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #13

No worries Sara hope you have a great time you lucky bugger think of me won't you slaving away while your sitting on the beach soaking up the sun ohh i'm soooo jealous

Well done Shazz BF'ing for as long as you did!! I was going to give it up once Jayden got teeth (of course it worked out differently than that). I can't believe Ryan is almost 7mths!!! A friend of mine's DD is 9mths and has 7 teeth already!! Whereas my 10mth old niece has none.

Nat: Yay for Em pulling himself up!! And sitting up....Jayden has been sitting unaided for a good week now but isn't interested in getting himself up, but he'll hold on if I stand him up against a chair or something....lazy boy!! (like his father hehe)

Sara: Yay for Briley rolling.....gotta keep a close eye on her now hehehe. Have fun on your holiday....I am so jealous too!!

I told Chris that he needs to take a nice pic of Jayden and me so I can send to Shazz.....He asked if he could be in it too LOL......We don't have any of the three of us so I'll let him jump in for a pic LOL......Do we want family pics or just mums and may bubs?

I am going after work to get a pressie for Shereen ( I have a pressie for Lachie) any suggestions? Chris keeps saying chocolate and flowers....which is nice but boring, flowers die and chocolates don't last long (not around me at least LOL) I don't mind getting flowers I just refuse to spend heaps of $$ on them.

I better get ready for work....I'll pop in later hopefully SIL#5 is up form the Sunshine Coast (the one who is having trouble concieving) Her and her hubby look like they are breaking up now....so sad after all they have been through together......Well thats made up my mind about donating eggs to them anyway. They are still going through with SIL#4 donating though as she is nearly ready to have the eggs extracted.
    Anyway enough from me
    Have a great day girls
    oxoxox

Vic ~ That is exactly what Em has done so no more sleeping in the bed. I've even been asleep in there with him and have woken up because he's awake and crawling on me to wake me up LOL. *sigh* for the days when he stayed still LOL!

Shazz ~ LOL @ Ryan biting you - sounds painful. And Em stands but his legs are so far away from what he is holding onto its almost like one of those yoga positions haha. And then he honestly doesn't know what to do so just sits back down - at least he doesn't scream!!

Sara ~ I am so jealous of your holiday!! Have fun!

Tania ~ A family pic would be gorgeous I think! I'm so sorry to hear of your SIL - maybe they're just under a lot of stress and things will improve for them?

We had a great swimming lesson. Em is learning the songs and actions and is picking up on everything so fast - its amazing. At least I am amazed. He knows to turn back after jumping in so he can go to the side. He knows to hold the side of the pool and to climb up. He knows to lean into the water from the side of the pool and to close his eyes and hold his breath.... The instructors are quite amazed at his strength (especially for his age) and think he's great. And today he crawled off the the big fish and into the water by himself!!! Sorry if I sound gushy but I'm honestly shocked at how quick he has picked it all up (I really don't know what I expected LOL).

I better go and have a shower before my cousin gets here. Will chat later!

Nat I'm amazed too! What a little champ! Darcy's sleeping better on my routine. I tried the other but she's just not into it. She's also not moving in the slightest and I am somewhat relieved.

More teeth Shazz? Poor buggar (both of you). If you do have to give up, I hope you feel positive about it. I'm not the slightest bit organised for Sunday so you're ahead of me! Housework tomorrow and cooking Sat. Cam's family can't even all be bothered to RSVP (oh and the IL's are coming too - bleech!)

Mel is such a little character Vic. Maybe it won't take her so long to go to sleep now. Your site was on Channel 7 (it's the only news I watch so it had to be that).

Tania did you get mine? That's a shame about you IL's. What will happen if they do concieve?

Leanne, hope it all went well today. I agree with Nat about learning new techniques. You might also feel freer too though.

Gorgeous new pic of Briley Sara. Hope your weekend's lovely!!!

Very quiet in here today!!

Emerson has started waving - its very cute. He ends up staring at his hand waving for ages!! He's so cute to watch now - he crawls every where and climbs up on everything. He has changed so much lately - he's like a real little boy. Its wonderful and amazing to watch him grow and learn but at the same time I'm wondering where my baby is!!?!?!?

I'm going to go for a walk I think - such a lovely evening for it!

Wow all these clever babies crawling and rolling! Riley likes to do stomach crunches where he lifts his head and shoulders and his feet off the floor at the same time. He certainly has better abs than his mum lol.
    Lea- how long has Em been going to swimming? The pool near us won't start mums and bubs lessons until they are 6 months.
    I am glad to hear that Lachie is improving, it must be a nightmare for his parents.
    Riley is teething and sleeping really badly, I bought some Bauer teething relief stuff today so am giving that a go cause the panadol doesn't seem to be helping and I don't like giving it to him too much anyway.
    Off to a Nutrimetics party now, maybe a bit of pampering YAY!

I missed your post Kim!!! Sometimes I wish Em wasn't moving either. I just had to remove everything off the bottom of the change table lol - its his favourite place to play so I've filled it with toys instead LOL. He will crawl from down the hall to play there haha! What is Sunday?

Right - now for that walk...

LOL now I've missed another post haha! mrsmac - Our local place says they won't start till 6 months but I enrolled him and he started at 5 months and they didn't even question it at all. I'm glad I have because he just loves it. Did you start the Brauers Teething Relief with 4 doses in 2 hours? With that stuff is VIP to get the dosage correct otherwise it doesn't really help. It did help em a bit during the day - at night he had panadol though. His gums have calmed down actually which was a relief.
    Last edited by Lea13; November 16th, 2006 at 06:33 PM.

I can't believe i missed your post as well Vic. We must have all been posting at once after a quiet day haha!

Em decided he wanted dinner before our walk so I'm just about to leave now. That is so cute of Adam crawling behind the curtain and sticking his hand out for the dog to lick. I can just imagine it. WOW at the bush fire being that close. I hope they get it under control. Yahoo for not getting anything for MIL - you're right why should you go out of your way for someone who doesn't do it for you. I think its all about respect even if you are related!

OK I am really going on my walk now LOL.

Vic~ i can send you a tupperware order no worries ( i won't charge you postage tupperware weighs next to nothing do you want me to send you a catolouge just email me your addy ) email working now i hadn't used my hotmail one in ages that is why things were getting bounced

Tania ~family photos bubs mums and bubs what ever you guys are comfortable with

Yep I certainly did Vic! Took me a while to get there but I did! And I enjoyed it thoroughly!

Its good to know that about Tupperware Shazz. I'd rather order through you if I get anything!

I just got Em to sleep in his cot without a fuss - whoo hoo!!! He is still holding a pillow but I will prise that from his arms after he's been asleep awhile!

Love the new pics on the tickers Shazz and Mummy!!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one from me...Phoebe had her immunisation today, without much drama..I was quite surprised. She did still cry, but no where near as much as the last 2 times. She now weighs 6.5kg, HC 44cm, length 62.5cm. She wasn't grizzly at all this afternoon and I didn't need to give her any panadol as she didn't even get a temp like she has before. I compared her measurements to Samuel's for the same age and they are nearly identical (Samuel at 6 months weight 6.53kg, HC 46cm, length 63cm). The only difference between the 2 of them is Samuel had 2 teeth at 6 months. He had 8 teeth by his 1st birthday and cut another 4 in the first week after that. No evidence with Phoebe that teeth are on there way, looking forward to her getting her 2 teeth down the bottom, they look soooo cute when they get them.

Got a bit of a headache tonight, my body is telling me to GO TO BED!!!, but this is my 'me' time and I really enjoy it. I think I might just have a couple of panadol and soldier on.

Be back tomorrow for personals...
    Last edited by MUMMY4LIFE; November 16th, 2006 at 11:00 PM.

Default can't spell

Morning all

Nat ~ Glad you finally made your walk, same goes if you want me to send you a tupperware book just email me your poatal Addy and i will pop one in the mail

Mummy ~ Wtg Phoebe i hope Ryan is as good this time round he has to go on the 22 nd NOv oh how i hate needles

AND OMG he is 7 Months tomorrow

where is everyone ??? wow it is sooooo quiet in here

I've been doing housework Shazz (woohoo I know). BBL if anyone's around....

Nat Shazz and I both have christenings on Sunday. Darcy's dress is one I made about 15years ago. Never thought anyone would actually wear it.

girls whats your thoughts about having a mystery host tupperware party where if sales go over a certain amount we will put everybody who orders something into a hat and the name that gets pulled gets the hostess gifts ??? let me know what you all think i have to pull off a party in record breaker week and i thought why not give this a whirl so if any one has any thoughts or wants a book email your address

I would love to be a part of that Shazz, but my mum's having one next Sunday....though Cam wouldn't know if they came from two different parties....I am seriously addicted to tupperware.

Cannot believe we're up to the seventh month mark! Congratulations Ryan!!

Nat are you sure your bub wasn't born three months before you're telling us??? He's such a little mover!!

How funny is that about Adam Vic? Did you have a laugh and then take photos??

Well I've had one grizzly little Dragon here today. She hardly ever whines, but man! It's quite difficult to scrub a bathtub with a little person on your hip. I've kept her up an hour longer today (so I could eat a reasonably hot dinner cos Cam has NO idea with timing....as long as it's ready when he wants to eat it). She went to sleep straight away. She's been off her feeds today only having one side but more often. Her little face is red and there is eczema on her chin. She's always dribbled heaps so I'm guessing it's a bit more acidic and her bum's a bit red. Can't feel any teeth though. Glad I waited to have her needles until after the Christening.

I'm off to mum's tomorrow to cook. She's so organised all I have to do is turn up.

I am back.

Sorry don't have time to go back and read 3 weeks worth of posts, but just thought I would give an update.

Oh and thank you for all the tremendous support whilst we were away.

Ok here is the saga:

Well it has been a huge 3 weeks in Hospital.

We got to the stage where Lachlan was refusing his formula feeds so badly that he would only drink 10-20ml and then I would nurse him to sleep and feed him the rest of the 120ml bottle (3 hourly at the time). Well sometimes he would not drink more while asleep either, but we have always had more success while he is asleep.

So after a hard weekend of fighting to feed I rang my paed on the Monday and he admitted us into hospital that afternoon to insert an NG tube for feeding. They intially didn't offer the bottle and just fed him 120ml every 3 hours x 6 times a day. So we were getting 720ml into him and for a good few weeks prior (his feeding was all over the place really - somedays good and some bad), but we probably went from around 700ml feeds to anywhere from 350ml to 550ml (this was all we could get into him and that included us getting up at all times of the night to feed him while asleep). Anyway all was well and we started offering the bottle after a dayish and then putting the rest down the tube. He wasn't even reflux vomitting and my paed thought that maybe he had a sensitive throat as he wasn't vomitting with the tube bypassing the throat. Anyway we were released from Bundaberg Hospital on the Wednesday and we left for Brisbane on the Thursday to have a scope on the Friday. Apparently the scope showed a typical bad reflux scenario of a really red/inflammed oesaphagous and a weak valve, but all very typical of reflux he said. At this stage he wasn't going to admit us for further investigation as the scope showed nothing more then reflux and we just had to wait for the biopsy results to come back early the next week. Anyway that Friday night of the scope, we were giving him a feed at 9pm through the machine while he was asleep and I was waiting for it to finish so I could go to sleep myself. I was laying there watching him and he vomitted very badly. It spouted out like a whale with alot of force and he kept pulsating from his stomach like he wanted to continue being sick. I picked him up and it just continued to flow out his mouth . He always vomitted with his reflux but this was far more then he had ever vomitted before. It was around the 60-80ml mark of vomit . It freaked us out terribly. On the Saturday he didn't vomit, but then Sunday came and he threw up his tube he vomitted with so much force. We went to emergency about 5 times over the weekend with him pulling his tube out and his vomitting and they finally admitted us into the Brisbane Mater Children Private Hospital on the Sunday night! Gosh each visit to Emergency in Brissy was no less then 3 hours, no wonder we won't live there. He did another power vomit on Monday morning at 3.30am at which he went straight back to sleep afterwards. I changed him as he was wet all over, and his nappy had not one wee in it from 8.30pm to 3.30am, and I changed his clothes and my active alert light sleeping baby didn't even budge as I changed his singy, shirt, and pants. They immediately put a drip in and took blood. He didn't vomit much after that so they released us on Wednesday, but he seemed to be in pain after his feeds, like his reflux was playing up again. Anyway long story but I left my bag in the carpark and realised as we were leaving brissy grr... so didn't get away as expected, so travelling through the night and we had originally planned to stop in Maryborough for Wade to do some work the next day there. Lachie played up all the way to Gympie so we decided to stop in a motel there, but no vacancies anywhere, so then we drove onto Tiaro to stay and then the vomitting started again with a feed we gave him through the pump, then he was terribly restless all night long. When we got home the next day at 2.30pm we had no sooner unpacked the car, put on some washing and gave Lachlan a feed, by which he refused so we gravity fed him and no sooner was it going in it was spouting out again . We went up to our local very small hospital where I also go to clinic to get him weighed and he had lost 240g in a week and a bit. Just when we thought we had finally got to 6kgs and now he is well below it (he is 6 mths old next week and at present only weights 5.91kgs). Anyway the doctor then rang my paed and we were ordered to get back to the Bundy hospital for monitoring. He vommitted alot in Bundy hospital again , but with my paed regulating his feeds in qty and frequency we have got to a happy medium whereby he is no longer vomitting and this is day 4 - Yay . My paed thinks we over extended his belly, but I know for a fact we have got good amounts into him before of the 700-800ml vaccinty. But this was only by offering 120ml bottles (which he rarely drank it all) and his last feed of the night we could sometimes get 200ml into him and also during the night we could get a good amount. So it all added up to an amount that wasn't too bad at all. But then things got considerably worse as time progressed from then. But then when we originally put in the tube what he didn't drink via the bottle we were putting through the tube, so regular 120ml bottles may have over topped him???? But then when we were in Brissy hospital they were feeding him 150mls every 4 hours and then continuous feeds overnight, amounting to 800mls for the day and he didn't vomit until we left, guess it all caught up with him - AGAIN???? But the 4 hourly feeding was the best thing as Lachlan is now drinking 110mls out of the bottle which is such a huge success, but it is hard to drag him out that extra hour as on 3 hourly he just wanted to wet the whistle, but atleast by 4 hours he is very hungry and feeding well for a nice change. So carrying him around for an hour to get him use to it, I guess I will have to do. So at the moment we are up to 710mls for the day, 3 x 110ml bottles (and in the last 3 feeds he is crying like he wants more - what tha....), then 80ml to go to sleep, then 10hours of continuous feeds of 30ml / hour. Guessing this is keeping the vomitting at bay?? Oh I don't really know, could have been a bug too, but they tested his poo but the paed said that there are different strands that they may not have tested for either. Paed also suggested it could be his reflux playing up badly too, but gee that sort of vomitting it is hard for me to understand that as he has never ever vomitted like that ( a tap that wouldn't turn off - probably 60-80ml). I also asked the paed earlier in the week could the scope have aggrevated him, as it was a coincidence the scope was Friday morning and the powerful vomitting started Friday night and in the last couple of days he has finally agreed with me as previously he said no no, but I think he is still just scratching his head as are we. He did numerous tests on him in hospital Blood/poo/urine/xray of tummy/ultrasound and cat scan on his head (incase there were blockages causing headaches causing vomitting). But nope all was clear, so we are somewhat confused, but he hasn't vomitted in 4 days so what we are doing at present is working thank god, but he still appears to be loosing a bit of weight which I will have to keep a very close eye on. Sorry about the long ramble but in order to explain what has been happening I had to put in quite a bit of detail. At the moment he is sleeping terribly at night, he was up every 2-3 hours last night crying after knocking the dummy out of his mouth and in that 2-3 hours he is tossing alot!!! Driving us nuts as he is beside our bed in the cot and with that noisy machine for his overnight feeds I feel like a walking zomby today . I think I have explained everything, ohhh and his biopsy results showed that no enzymes were missing, I think this means no allergy but am yet to find out more about this too, as they always suspected he had a cows milk protein intolerance from his poos??? So maybe he is not, will let you know.

So on the whole things are considerably better, just hope his weight gets back on track now.

Talk to you all soon I hope.

Love and Kisses
    Sheree , Wade and Lachlan

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast