Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #14

Kim - Maybe you should take her to the hospital. It may not be worrying her but i am pretty sure its not good for them to be overheated that much. Maybe give that 13HEALTH number a call. Just to get some advice anyways. Better to be safe than sorry!

Sheree - SHOUT AWAY..........I'd be happy as larry aswell!!

I just gave Briley some weetbix with honey. Is that bad?? I have read that your not spsed to give either of them but she was hungry and i didnt want to give her the vegies till this arvo.

Sheree- that is such fantastic news about Lachie eating!! You must be so relieved. Hopefully all the worry is now behind you.

Sara- Congratulations on the pg, and sorry about DH's job, hoping he gets a new one really soon, I know that bill paying stress, I have become adept at telling the phone comp. etc that of course I am about to pay!!I hate money, I always think I really deserve to win lotto but I never do. I often wonder what it would be like to be rich and not stressing from one pay to the next.
    Kim- Putting her in a bath to cool her down is good advice I have done that with my older 2, you do not want her getting too hot, my 1st had febrile convulsions at 12 months and its very frightening.
    Mummy- gotta love the old fly buys, I got a thing from them yesterday saying I could get $20 Coles voucher for 2500 pts or $50 for 6250pts plus a lot of other things for under 10000 pts. We have been collecting for years and have had some really good things out of them including flights. The only bummer is that in this latest brochure they said Myer is pulling out as of January.
    Jodie- I am looking forward to seeing you on a new game show, how exciting and so much better financially than Medical Emergency!!

Well my 2 youngest went to sit on santa's lap this morning, Riley was his usual calm self, not smiling but not fussed either. The photo looks good so I am happy, its times like these I wish I didn't have quite so big an age gap and could get all 3 of them in the photo but you should have seen the look of disgust Jess gave me when I suggested it!!

Kim did you say that was her temp??? That is not good at all, maybe you should go to emergency.

Ok I am shoutin away can ya all HEAR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't going to give Lachlan 3 meals a day, but he just appeared hungry again, so I gave him some fruit, gosh he is a hungry hungry boy.

Vic - glad adam is atleast eating for you, that is great.

Sara - I have heard honey is not good, something to do with allergies I think. But I do also think that is only a new thing they have found too.

OMG gals I cannont keep up to him, my initial thoughts were to ease into it but he won't allow me to do that. I am in two frames of mind, I want to just go with him as I think he needs it too and if he wants it then I am certainly not complaining, but I also don't want to overdo it and clog him up. Help! What to do!

My child the eating MACHINE! Who would have ever thought!

Jodie259 Guest

Sheree... if he's hungry - I'ld feed him. He will put on some decent weight. Avoid potato as that tends to 'block him up'... but if you have a variety of fruit and veges he should be getting fibre to keep him regular. Try to keep giving him as much fluids as possible.. ideally milk, but water if he's not keen on his milk. They say you should try the milk first, then the solids....

Has he been passing bowel movements okay?? Just keep an eye on them. If you are concerned, feed him all he will take; then call your maternal nurse on monday...

I'm sure it is fine to feed him - as it's not like he's going to become obese overnight!

Happy for you!

hi guys i feel absolutely horrible my throat is on FIRE just what i need

Kim~ hows Darcy now ??? temp down
    Sheree ~ just as jodie said i'd feed him too then speak to you health nurse or Gp to see what they recommend for Lachie seen as he has had so many troubles with feeding but while his into it go for it i would say

Well it got the better of me when it started to go back UP after a cool bath and being in the AC all arvo so I took her to emergency. She fell asleep in my arms while we were waiting (I mean just sitting - no rocking) and she never does that, and then her temp hit 39.8 while we were in there she was just crappy. After a while and more panadol it went right down so we've just gotten home in time for Cam to go back to work. So now I'm sitting here eating Red Rooster befroe I go to bed. The Dragon wore herself out being far too cute for everyone that came in to look at her and is fast asleep.

Sheree I agree with Jodie. He'll tell you when he's had enough....he always did with the bottles. They still very much have that primal full/hungry feeling.

Shazz that's terrible about your sore throat. Hope last night wasn't too terrible for you. Thanks for thinking of us.

Vic is that true about pear and apple? Right steering clear of them....don't want any more than 4 a day LOL.

Sara honey is ill advised for little people as it cannot be sterilised and it can carry botulism which can be fatal in small children (and adults but we have stronger guts).
    Last edited by ~Kim~; November 25th, 2006 at 08:41 PM.

So Kim what was wrong with her?

And you are right that is exactly what I said to Wade's Mum 2nite, that I am sure he will tell me if he has had enough, being the child he has been to date, thanx.

Vic - yeah I have given him alot of pear, so hopefully that helps.

Where are you Tania, might send you a text.

Thanks for the advice Jodie and Shazz I sooo hope you feel better soon.

Sheree Glad to hear he's feeding like a trooper. I'm sure he knows when he's full but I understand your concern seeing as he's had such a turn around. I am sure both and you he will figure out his limits over the next few days.

Kim I hope Darcy is feeling better.

Shazz I hope your throat is better soon... I can totally empathise with you right now

Still here... slowly dying!! LOL. I went to my aunty's 30th tonight - almost didn't go and regretted it for awhile there. On the way there I almost got hit by a car - idiot decided not to merge and try to speed up and overtake me on my left side. I didn't even see him till he was almost at my rearvision mirror :eek:. God knows what he thought he was doing. Then we got there and the 36 degree weather had dropped dramatically and I was cold in my skirt. And then went into the venue to find it was upstairs and it had no lifts.... so we had to carry the bloomin pram!!! BUT after all that it was a good night and I am definitely ready for bed now. Working again tomorrw - will pop in if I can to say hi. Will be back properly for personals sometime Monday!!

Night girls.

Default Number of hours of sleep?

Hey everyone,
    I have just joined this Thred, and hoping to learn alot from you all and hopefully be able to help others too.
    I was just wanting to know, how many hours sleep everyones darling babies are getting.
    The reason I ask is because I think my DD might be getting too much during the day, and it's the reason why she is starting to wake more during the early morning.
    She has been sleeping through (7-5) for sometime now, but just recently has been waking 2-3 in the early morning. I'm not sure if it's because she is sleeping 3 sometimes 4-5 hours in the day for if it's because she is getting too hot, as the little bugger still won't sleep unwrapped. I have devised a way to wrap her so there is no cloth over her body, just underneath which keeps her arms down. But sometimes she is still sweaty.
    I know every baby is different, but I am just curious what other babies her age routines are like.

Kim, I was so sorry to hear about your Bub, I hope she is O.K now, do you know what caused the temp?
    Last edited by Meluchja; November 26th, 2006 at 07:46 AM.

Hi Mel, welcome!! Congratulations on your preg too!

Nope i have no real concrete answer, but she did have her needles Friday. She wanted to sleep with me all night....great....so I've had none but today she wouldn't eat her breakfast. That's a bit odd cos even though she's really slow she always eats it.

I'm pretty sure I wrap Darcy the same as you do, but I'm also not really able to answer for you as Darcy's awake sometimes many many times a night. She has dropped one of her day sleeps though all by herself. She usually wakes for a feed between 5-6am sometimes she snuggles and goes back to sleep for an hour but not usually. We get up about 7/7.30 and have brekkie, then she has another feed between 9-10. If we have to go out she sleeps beforehand and if we don't (like today) she sleeps after the feed. Same for the lunchtime feed. Then occasionally she has a 20minute nap at 4pm. She gets maybe 2.5-3hours during the day? Darcy is also a really hot child and can sweat through sheets and a wrap though when you take her temp it's ok. I have a fan on her at night. Sometimes they start to wake a bit when they are learning something major like crawling/talking. Have to say I'm jealous of anyone whose baby sleeps from 7-5. LOL

Hi Kim,
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I feel releaved when I hear other babies being wrapped at six months too. I sometimes feel I have the only baby in the world who won't sleep unless she's wrapped. It gives me the willies when I have people saying to me, oh your mum is still wrapping you won't she let you sleep upcovered. I used to explain why I still wrap her, but now I just try to ignore the comments.
    Wow so Darcy can go for 6 hours in a row during the day without a sleep, that's amazing, my Charlie can only go 2.5 to 4 hours at most. Yesterday she went 6 but that was a first and then slept 2 hours in the afternoon and wanted more but I had to wake her for her dinner at 5.
    Charlie had her needles on wed too, got put out of sort abit. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but since then she hasn't eaten much of her dinner and has been since around that time since she has been waking early in the morning. HCN said to feed her dinner earlier at 4:30 - 5:00, then give her a bottle before she goes to bed at 6;30- 7:00, the only problem with that is she doesn't drink much after her dinner 40-100ml. So I'm thinking this may be contributing to the wakings. I'm not worried too much about the 40-100ml, as I read somewhere as long as they consume 500ml a day they should be fine. But because she sweats alot when she sleeps, it does bother me slightly, as she only drinks around 500ml a day.
    Thanks for your support and info, much appreciated.

CONGRATULATIONS SARA!!!!!!! OMG!! I was looking at your chart the other day and I thought it looked promising!! Don't worry about Brent and work....everything will work out for you . When I was PG with Jayden, Chris was virtually out of work for 6mths....He did get a job but he hated it and didn't turn up only he didn't tell me that I thought he was still going until one of his friends said something and I figured it out.

HAPPY 6mths Jayden!! Oh my lil man is growing up way to fast!!

Welcome to the group Mel!! Jayden is waking through the night again around 2-3pm I was putting it down to teething but I think it is more a habit wake now. Congratulations on your new pregnancy too!! Thats 3 girls in this thread now! Hmmm....I wonder who's next??

Sheree: Sorry I didn't reply to your text I was at SIL #4's house. I got a new phone on Thursday night and I haven't copied all my #'s over yet (I'm upto J) so when your msg came through I didn't know who it was (Although I thought it was you). Well done Lachie....Keep it up for your mummy...she's been through a very hard time she deserves a break. How long is your Mum up for?

I have nearly missed a whole thread...I have been reading up on the posts just haven't had time to reply.

Kim: I nearly died when I saw how high Dary's temp was!! I was told if temp get to 37.8 bub is to go to emergancy.....I hope she is ok now, sounds like a delayed reaction to the needles.

Jayden had his needles on Tuesday and had no reaction at all. Everyday last week I kept telling Chris to take his temp all the time and if it reaches 37.5 to call me straight away and I will come home from work. Of course he was fine though. He is now waking at 2am and 4.30/5am I feed him at 2pm and Chris was feeding him at 5 as well til I told him not to, so I just sit in the rocking chair with him til we both doze off. Its getting extremely hard to do this and still function at work. Chris has finished the season at work and had a week off which was a great help for the night feeds...he even makes up the bottles now LOL.

We finally went swimming yesterday at SIL#4's house, the water was beautiful and Jayden loved it....His cousins (3yo & 7yo) loved having him in the pool....It is so funny watching Ella (3yo) baby talk to Jayden "Aren't you a cutie cutie cutie" hehehe so gorgeous!! The day was great SIL#4 was working and PIL were there and SIL#5 was up from Sunshine coast and we were all babysitting...

The afternoon however went very sour!! I was feeding Jayden - 180ml bottle and a 60g tub of yoghurt when FIL had to put his 2 cents in and told me I am feeding Jayden too much....I explained that the bottle I gave him was smaller than his normal 240ml bottles and he won't eat if he's not hungry etc etc. Not that he listened to me and went on and on about it.....I said "ok thats enough now" and kept going so I said "I know how much to feed MY son!!" and he kept going on and said that I was going to KILL him....So I turned to him glared him straight in the eye and said "HE IS NOT YOUR CHILD" So he has a whinge to MIL (who was sitting right there) "See how she talks to me?" So I said to him again " When he is your child you can do what you like, he is mine and I will feed him how much I want" So he cracked it big time as NO ONE ever backchats him and said that Jayden is not to go to his house anymore when I need him looked after for work etc So I said fine. MIL called him a stupid old man and he walked off and now he won't talk to me LOL. He is the one that whinges all the time that he doesn't get to see Jayden enough....Well he's done it now cause he won't be seeing him for a very long time!!

Sorry for the long whinge I had to get it out.....Of course Chris was there for the entire fight but said nothing to defend me...SIL and MIL did though!!

I'll try to be back later for more personals.....heaps to catch up on
    Last edited by Tannis; November 26th, 2006 at 09:27 AM.

good morning every one

welcome mummy mel and Charlize and congrats on # 2

Kim ~ glad Darcy is feeling better

Nat ~ have fun a work if at all possible

sheree ~ how is lachie going ? still chompin' down his food

Vic ~ are all the itty kiddies better
    Well i am offically dying my throat has turned ugly straight to my chest it feels like someone is sitting on me i can barely breathe and to top it off Ryan has decided that he WILL NOT boobie feed instead he goes to then looks up and latches on using all 6 teeth to inflict as much pain as possible i screamed so loud this morning everyone in the house came running to see what was wrong so bottle time it was and now the little snot is sleeping i just put him in his cot and walked out i think he knows i'm not happy with him so just shut his eyes and is now pretending to be good

bbl

Tania YAAAAY! Good girl for standing up to him!!! I thought over 39 I should be worried but the hospital didn't seem to think so....

Mel, no probs darl. I get that all the time too.

How do they know Shazz???? Poor love hope you get some rest.

Woops better get dressed, Darcy's awake.

Morning Ladies,

Hi Mel. Welcome. Congrats on your recent pg. I have recently found out that i am also expecting #2. I hope all goes well with you! My DD Briley was born in June but was due in May and i spent my pg chatting with these girls.

Briley's routine is sometimes pretty normals but sometimes has a few changes. Normally she goes down at about 8pm and sleeps till either 3.30, 4.30 or 5.30am. We get up put the dummy back in and she crashes till about 6.30am. If i bring her into our bed (which i pretty much do all the time) she will go back to sleep again till about 8.30. If she is sleeping any longer than this i wake her cause i want her to have a nap during the day. Her day routine has changed too now. Once she would have a bath, bottle and sleep at 10.30am and another sleep at 3.30pm. But now its changed and she really only sleeps once a day. Sometimes she just rolls around on the loungeroom floor and play and naps all day. But yeah....All babies are different.

Kim - So they never gave you a proper answer than?? Is she ok today?? Maybe try sipping her on water if she'll take it. I hope she gets better soon. Poor little dragon. I feel bad calling her a dragon cause she is not well!!

Nat - So your not acutally sick your just dying from the heat right??? I thought you were sick!!! Its not too bad up here at the moment. Things might change soon though. Wet season is due to start soon!! I cant wait for it!! It will be nice to see what direction this Cyclone Yani takes too!

Sheree - Is lachie still eating today???

Tania - OMG what an a**hole!! Good on you for standing up for yourself too. You cop a lot of flak from them dont you!! That must be hard.

Shazz - Oh you poor thing!! I woke up with a yucky throat thismorning too. Must be doing the rounds this bug!!! Hope you feel better soon!

I cant believe we all just posted like that!! How funny!!

Not much on again today girls. Just chillin round the house.
    Last edited by Ilithyia; November 26th, 2006 at 09:39 AM.

Mel: Jayden has been playing with his bottles since his needles.....My inlaws yesterday were trying to tell me its just teething but I think it might be a combo of both needles and teething (not that any teeth have come through hehe).

Out of interest what is all the babies eating and how much? Jayden is a pig!! I feel he eats quite a lot but still not sleeping through

120ml @ 2am
    180ml @ 7.30am
    240ml @ 10.30am
    180ml + Solids @ 1.30pm
    240ml @ 5.30pm
    240ml @ 8.30pm
    The 5.30pm feed all depends on when he sleeps last night he didn't wake up til 6.45pm so I gave him 120ml to tie him over til his night bottle. Once formula goes in the bottles end up being 200ml and 260ml. He finishes all his bottles (except for this week after needles) and most times cries for more but I don't want to give him any more.

Morning tania Omg what an old bugger glad your sil and mil stuck up for you

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast