Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #14

Ohhh don't worry about it Vic, I can totally emphasise with you on Adam not drinking, regardless of how extreme or not it is still hard for each individual, if that is one thing I have learnt in the sense that there are kids far worse then Lachie with other illnesses that we saw in hospital, but as I have been told time and time again by people and my reflux support group, your situation is in prespective and having to deal with it on a day to day basis I need to be given credit for doing such as it is still just as hard as the next person. Does that make sense. Yes ours is extreme but we all deal with things differently too and the fact Adam use to drink well and now he doesn't and it is a fight and struggle to get them to eat/drink is so so hard. I guess on my pack of the cards too Lachlan was too small too which added to the stress levels and you never imagine a baby won't drink that is what they are here for to eat and sleep, and my child does neither. But things are looking up, thank god! Anyway enough of my rambling, yay for Adam eating the custard, YAY!!!! I think he is ready for solids and maybe just maybe mine is too, YAY - double Yay!

Afternoon all

well i have one very cranky little man he is cutting his top front teeth as well as having the jab yesterday it doesn't make a good mix and now my DD has a friend over so i have to cook a decent meal instead of slap up night like i had planned hubby not home yet & baby screaming yay my life sucks

i have been so upset today a very good friend of mine left queensland and moved back to Nsw for good yesterday she took her kids and just left ... no good bye no nothing she gave a letter to another friend to give to me only after she was gone only because i know her S & BIL i feel totally ripped off that our friendship meant absolutely nothing to her i don't know how to feel about it all ... ( no need to reply just getting it out there )

Oh that is terrible Shazz, maybe she had a reason, well lets hope!

Poor Ryan and poor you having to cook dinner, that would be me too no partner just slap something together.

That's great news Sheree! That's a big jump for him. Hoping that's your corner.

Vic, wonder why Adam's so off......great he ate though. Yep you have a nice child.

Shazz, you're right, it does suck for you this arvie.....takeaway? Kids like slapup meals don't they....you could always tell them it's their turn to cook and DH could clean up when he gets home. Gees Ryan you coulda timed it a bit better mate, mum's having a shocker. I'm really sorry that you're sad over your 'friend'. I wouldn't do that to you if I lived near you.

We had our first meal at a restaurant tonight since Darcy was born. She was quite good as long as we kept up the avocado and potato (that she won't eat at home). Cam's got real nightshift (10-6am)for the first time in ages and is feeling a bit sorry for himself so we got to eat out ....hope there's more nightshifts....though hang on it's different when I do them every week.

I thought Darcy wouldn't start speaking for ages. She makes lots of noise but no real sounds, then out of the blue this afternoon while I was trying to feed her, she got cranky and started with mumumumum and bububub! Now she hasn't stopped. Can't quite believe it. Oh and it only took 10minutes tonight instead of 3 hours....woohoo!

What an achievement Kim, whahoo on Darcy speaking YEAH! Lachlan says dADADADA but not all the time. Nice on going out for dinner, seems a thing of the past for us these days.

I wasn't real keen, but it waas the first time in 6 months and I guess we had to try it sometime.

Hello all.

Well I did it. I walked twice in one day. I am officially pooped. 14 kms. I think I deserve some ice cream

We're off to dinner tomorrow night for my dad's birthday - Chinese, can't wait. It will be the first time we've taken Kaitlyn out for dinner like that so it will be interesting. As long as I have something for her to munch on she'll be fine. Just keeping her in one spot will the the challenge. Kid can't sit still for long.

Well I'm off to give Kaitlyn her bath - bottle - and bed.

Personals tomorrow - promise.

Evening ladies,

Wow you's have been chatting up a storm today. Good to see.

Sorry, but i am not up for personals AGAIN tonight. Great to see that lachie is feeding for you though Sheree.

Well, i still cant believe that i am pg again. I am scared that when i retest in the morning that there is going to be a negative looking back at me! How embarrasing would that be!

Anyways...of too bed now. I am very tired.

Talk tomorrow.

Nite

Vic - yeah I think he is telling you something htat is for sure.

Sara - just remember you can get false negatives but rarely false postitives

Leanne - enjoy dinner out tomorrow nite sounds like fun.

OMG OMG, you are not going to believe this, make sure you are all sitting down ok.

My boy had his bottle at 6pm 110ml.

We decided to try to feed him solids at 8pm and then bath him and but him to bed with a bottle.

Gosh he didn't want to stop, we gave him the banana and pear farex again as we did today and nope it wasn't a coincidence, my boy is well and truely ready for it and not even slightly refusing it as he was around the 4.5 - 5 - 5.5 mth mark. I didn't even have to distract him with toys/sounds/lights as the speech therapist suggest he just wanted me to keep shuveling it in. OMG I am in total shock, we even had to stop him, he had farex with 110mls of formula and then went onto those gel fruits (fruit salad) in a bottle and nearly polished off the whole bottle. We decided to stop him only because we didn't want to overdo it as he had had heaps anyways. Golly gosh I have a changed boy that I am not all going to complain about.

Now hopefully he sleeps thru, now that would be nice.

I tell ya what ladies I don't remember a day where I was so happy that my child is finally feeding and golly gosh wanting more. I never thought I would see the day. I have been on the phone all night telling his Aunty, his nana, his poppy.

I am one very very proud mumma.

Makes it all worth while now what we have had to endure.

Thanks for all your support ladies through the toughest times of my life.

Heres hoping that part of the book is closed off and closed off for good and now I have a little angel on my hands.

Jodie259 Guest

Oh Sheree... I am SO HAPPY for you.
    You have been to hell and back, and it must have been so hard to not have a definate reason for lachy's problems. So it must be such a relief that he is woofing down his food (and drink) now. He will pile on the weight and catch up to all his little buddies now.

It's so good to hear the happiness in your post. Not that we mind "being here" for you when you were stressed out. That's we are here for. But I'm so glad that Lachy has done a turn around.

My little shaun has a rotten cough... and it seems that we can't do anything to relieve it. He doesn't seem too perturbed by it... but sometimes he wakes up when he is 'barking'... and it must be frustrating for him sometimes. I've had a vapouriser in his room all week, and today I bought some baby vicks chest rub (although the poisons info boo hoos the chest rubs). I just ensured it was only on his chest and he was wearing a jumpsuit so that there is no chance he can "eat it". He's meant to have his 6 month shots next Tuesday... but if he's still got this cough I might have to reschedule.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

Sara ~ Congratulations Chick...wonderful news.

Sheree ~ Lachie is doing so well now, it must be such a relief for you and Wade.

Sorry to hear that some of you have sick little ones, it is such a horrible time when they are sick....sometimes you feel quite helpless.

I went in to check my flybuys points and I had nearly 11,000 (woo hoo)....I used the points to get Samuel a Vtec laptop. I did have a look at them when chrissy shopping. It takes upto 28 days to arrive, so hopefully it will arrive in time for christmas.

Good nite...X

I am so sorry for not keeping up with personals!! I will pop in and out over the weekend but probably wont be back till Monday at this rate!! Especially with the way I feel.

Excellent news Sheree - you can definately see how happy you are!! YAY for Lachlan!!!

Mummy I love Flybuys - they are great! Last time I got a Portacot - which now currently resides at my mums house LOL.

Alright I'm heading off to bed! Night.

Excellent News sheree sorry i can't do any more personals i already running really late for work bbl

Wow Sheree, I couldn't make Darcy eat that much in a pink fit!!

Well she's been running a temp of 38.4 this morning. Finally got it down to average with no clothes and some panadol. Guess it was the needles. She doesn't seem unwell just very clingy early this morning and now she's gone back to her usual supercharged self. We're trying to be quiet so Cam can sleep. Think it might be safer to just go out.

Morning Ladies,

YAY LACHIE!!!!!!!!!!!

That is excellent news Sheree. You have done so well through this tough time. You are one very strong and determined woman. I applude you!! Lachie is a VERY lucky little man. I am so glad this are starting to look up for you and your family.

Kim - I hope Darcy is ok. Poor little bubba girl. Its hard when the "men" are on n/s hey. When brent was i used to just lay around on the lounge room floor and play with Briley and watch tv too keep her quiet. Not that she is overly loud but i am sure you know where i am coming from. A least you were able to get her temp back down. Was that the 6 months needles she went for??? I hope Briley does'nt have a reaction like that to them. She did with the first lot. Normal reactions but it still was scary.

Nat - IKWYM about keeping up with personals. We seem to chatting up heaps lately. I always leave it to the night time and by then i am sooo tired all i want to do is go to bed. Are you not well?? I hope you feel better soon.

Karen - Thanks mate. It is wonderful but scary news!! I should have been prepared for it. I knew what i was doing!! I need to get meself a fly-buys card. I always shop at coles now. Woolies is giving me the sh*ts lately!! How much is that in dollars??

Jodie - Sorry to hear Shaun is'nt feeling well. Have you tried some Baby Balsam for his cough. I used that on Briley when he had a cough and it worked a treat. If you dont like rubbing it on his chest maybe rub some around the top of his suits so he can breathe it in.

Well Briley is onto 2 solid meals a day now. She still has about 4-5 bottles though. I always try and give her some water when she is eating but she never drinks much. She prefers to just try and hold the bottle herself and play with it. I dont mind cause at least she is getting the taste for the water a bit. She def loves her tucker. I have been giving her mash nana mixed with a little formula in the morning with a bottle and then mashed veg (potato, pumpkin, zucchini and carrots) and a little bit of water and then a bottle.

When i saw the CHN last month she told me to give Briley water and i said she did'nt like it so she told me just to let her sip out of my glass when i have water. This works great. She sips heaps when i do this. I should do it a little more often though.

Briley also responds to her name when it is called now. She turns her head towards you when you call out to her. Its so cute! Its amazing how much things are starting to develop now. She still has'nt mastered crawling yet though. She can roll her way around but no crawling.

Well i did another test thismorning and it was just as faint as yesterdays. I was freakin out so bad that i was going to be neg!! It comes up with the control line first and takes a while for the second line to come in. And even then its quite faint. I must not have much HCG at the moment. I might go and see the Dr on monday i think. I still cant believe i am PREGNANT!!!

Not much on today. We were going to go camping but Brent still has'nt been paid out yet. We are so behind on our bills for this week. I am really starting to panick about how we are going to cope. I have to try and remain positive. I keep trying to think that these things happen for a reason but its not very reassuring.

Anyways....this has turned into a mammoth post.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Ok sooo not a coincidence now, loved his food again this morning. Did I tell you all how happy I am LOL.

I just want to scream it to the world.

He is even sleeping better during the day, he must have developed a real hunger hey?

I just want to scream it to the world.

MY CHILD EATS AND EATS WELL YAY

Ohhh and I know Kim, and he won't stop, we have to stop him. What is with that! I have a very changed child that I am not at all complaining about.

well done sheree a light at the end of the tunnel i'm so pleased for you and Wade and of course Lachie too and lovey shout it from every roof top you can find you deserve this happiness

Well it's up to 39.4 now.....she's still not fussed but she's sooooo hot. Don't know what else to do for her....

I bought no christmas pressies, but I did get a new doona cover.

Sara have faith things will work out. Our bills don't always get paid on time either.

Shout away Sheree!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast