Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #15

Hi Widdly, yes I remember, sounds like you have had a rough trot, my boy has severe reflux too, would love to talk to you about it, talking to other people in similar situations really helps I even joined RISA - REflux Infants support association ONLINE, and they have been great! What operation did you little boy have?

Hey Widdly! I don't remember you but welcome! Cool name for Archie! Nother refluxer here too, but Darcy's is no where near as bad as Lachies. I have urinary reflux though and I am having an op to fix it but not til next year and that will make me 28 without one! (didn't actually find it til my kidney started to fail during preg), apparently I've always had it though.

Kellee! Hon know you're too busy to read but we think of you! Glad Toby and Charlie are good.

The photos were awful today. Only took the freebie. Got one with Santa too. Will have to scan it though.

Sheree - i would love to talkto you about severe reflux too, i have been isolated since archie was born, i am joining a mothers group tomorrowand im sure u are right about talking to others in similar situations, i think i will feel alot more positive after talking to others mums. archie had Pyloric Stenosis, food could go no further than his stomach due to thick muscle growth so the milk would pool up in his stomach then he would projectile vomit for 12 hours straight. it sounds as if u have had a rough trot too, i'd give u a big hug if i could

kim - i hear its more common in females, did it cause much trouble during ur pregnancy??

Elissa

Archie - 6mths
    ttc #2

Elissa - yes I know phloric stenosis, Wade had that as a baby and when you said operation I wondered if that is what you were talking about. They also thought Lachlan may of had it with his power vomitting of late, but it just appears that it was possibly all of the following:

1. The scope aggrevated things
    2. His reflux had become even worse yet, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse
    3. We were over extending his belly (from tube feeding him - possibly too much!)

Lachlan has only just come good after a good couple of months of in and out of hospitals. His recent visit as I said was forceful power vomitting. A good 60-80 ml would come up just gushing like a whale out of the little fellas mouth. Just terrible.

Prior to this forceful vomitting we had a feeding tube put in as he was refusing feeds and the only way we could feed him was in his sleep. It just got really bad and very stressful.

When they diagnosed him at 4 weeks of age he was comfort feeding and then he became a baby who refused to feed, even solids was a dam struggle.

He was a typical severe reflux case of refusal and failure to thrive and has only of recent times start to gain some decent weight with his whole desire of hungriness for food, which we never thought we would see the day!

I would love to hear some of your trials and tribulations, it truely is a very hard illness to live with day in and day out! One that you somehow get thru and they oneday grow out off, yippee I say, bring it on.

There is much more to the story, but that gives you a little insight to the hurdles we have encountered thus far.

Nice to hear from you again.

Oh and TTC # 2, are you crazy. LOL.

Elissa ,only one hospitalisation and a fair bit of preeccamplsia - post natally. Will have to have preventatives before the next pregnancy. No biggie.

Righto off to bed girlies....have a huge headache. Darcy's decided she prefers to sleep on her side now she's a big girl and not wrapped and I've given her a toy to hold as she fiddles with her hands and wakes herself up. Now just to get her to go back to sleep on her belly....

...I don't think she's crazy LOL, wish we could afford to but have to go back to work to earn some more mat leave. Sara I'm jealous of you hon (and Christine and Jemima)
    Last edited by ~Kim~; November 29th, 2006 at 08:02 PM.

I was only saying crazy, due to having a child with reflux, very trying times. I am not sure I am going back in a hurry, and we can afford it lol. I couldn't handle 2 x reflux kids atm, one is certainly enough.

My CHN keeps saying to me it is a wonder that I even want to go back for more, but I am sure things will get easier and it will all be a distant memory b4 too long, "PRAYING"

*deep breath*

Hi, remember me?? I was wondering if I could join back in this group of lovely ladies??? I have been keeping up to date with everyone when I get the chance to come in and read. Sounds like you and your bubs are all going well.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hi and if its ok, I will be back on a regular basis.

sheree - i am crying with relief, i just visited RISA and read all the info. None of the doctors, surgeons or nurses have ever offered me any info on GORD reflux, and for the last 6 months i have been thinking that i am just not cut out for motherhood, with peoples comments like 'oh its just reflux, all babies have that' and 'let him cry he'll go to sleep eventually' its so unfair that other mothers can treat each other the way they sometimes do. i now know why Archie has been an awful sleeper, why he constantly breastfed (he is on formula now), why he always needs to suck, and the rest. i can't thank u enough for telling me about that site! ur poor little boy, its no wonder u think im crazy for ttc#2, we only just started this month i figure i might as well get all the broken sleep over and done with all at once. i think if i waited tilArchie was 2 i would never want to go back to the baby stage again!! do u have to feed lachlan through a tube because of reflux or was it something else??

Elissa
    Archie 6mths
    ttc#2

Alison of course you are welcome back silly, I told you ages ago to come back. Nice to see you here again sweets.

Elissa - aggghhhh glad I could be of assistance, I joined that support group a membership of $30 a year I think, and it has been well worth it for me. They are know what us reflux mums go through and I agree with you heard that comment ohhh so many times, all babies have reflux, and yes alot of babies chuck up but just some seem to be in more pain then others. Is archie on Medication? Lachlan is on Losec (every doctor I have seen lately have said the best on the market) and Domperidome (for his chucking up). I also know what you mean re: Not cut out to be a mother, I have blamed myself so many times and wondered what the hell I was doing wrong, but I have slowly overcome these issues. I always thought being a mother wouldn't be easy but I also thought it wouldn't be this hard either. I can't even say I even bonded with my son until he was atleast 3mths old and then all our problems got considerably worse at 4-5 mths old and have only just started to see the light, which I never ever thought we would. Is your son eating solids, do you have feeding problems? Yes we have to feed Lachlan down the tube less and less these days but we still have our bad feeds and the tube is handy to get it into him, hopefully it will be gone soon And yes all reflux associated, he apparently looks at bottle/milk as pain and would drink but would only wet the whistle and most of the time before the tube we would have to nurse him to sleep to feed him, or wake all through the nite to dreamfeed him, otherwise he wouldn't have grown as well as he did. He was well under the 3rd percentile, but is slowly creeping up now. Your boy was big born, how heavy is he now???? Any other questions feel free to ask ok.

Evening Ladies,

Alison - YAY!!!! I'm glad you finally decided to come back!! Its great to have you back hun.

Elissa - You'll have to forgive me but i dont remember you!! Glad you made it back too! Looking forward to chatting with you a little more.

Tania - You poor darling. I know what its like to be pulled in a million and one directions. I'm sure you will decide what is best. Good luck with it all hun. I am always here if you need to talk.

Sheree - YAY LACHIE!!!! That awesome news!! I am so happy for you Sheree. I really hope it all continues going so well for you all. At least now you have someone to talk to here at BB now about your situation. That must be good.

Kim - The assignment is difficult. You really have to see it too be able to help out. Thanks heaps though. Hope your headache has gone. I have had a terrible one this arvo too.

Well ladies....I am off to bed. I am knackered!!

Hope all is well with everyone is their litlins!

Talk to you all in the morning.

Thanx SAra

Ohhh and forgot to tell everyone that Lachie had his needles today and he was really good! Cried, as you do, but one they were out and I huged him he was instantly ok and has been ever since. I guess he has indured so many needles (blood tests and drips) and being prodded all over the place, that he has built up some tolerance towards it all.

And as I have said before on previous needles, I have endured more screaming with his reflux. But I have also found that each time he has had needles he has gotten better and better, but can't say it was ever too bad at all.

And it appeared that he was waving today. Went into my work and the lady waved and he started throwing around his right arm and stopped, she started again and he did it again and again so on. Really did seem like he was trying to do it.

ni ni everyone.

Alison - of course its ok to pop back in hun! You are more then welcome! Its good to hear from you.

Kelle ~ Fantastic to here from you hun!!

Sorry I haven't posted much - I've been keeping up with you all but things have been up and down here. Just starting to get over this darn cold. BB is taking ages to load or post or do anything for me and I just haven't had the patience. Will catch up on personals soon I hope!!

Hope you feel better soon Nat

Omg OMG OMG Ellissa i remember you i was BABYDREAMS aka Shazz i went looking only a couple of days ago for any posts from you freakky i did go and enquire in the our old thread a little ways back but i didn't get a reply i am so glad you've come back and i so sorry to hear you've had a rough start to mummyhood but we are always here to help you through oh and congratulations on Archie's arrival
    Alison ~ welcome back too long time no post how have you been and how is cooper going ? can you beleive these bubs are 6 months already they will be 1 before we know it i wish it would slow down just a little
    Sheree~ YAY Lachie keep stacking that weight on baby boy....
    Tania ~ hugs to you we here for
    Nat~ hope your feeling better soon
    Sara~ hope Brent will get his Blue card on time i know things will start to look up for guys really soon
    big Hi to any one i missed i'm sorry i have a fuzzy head and i am having trouble remembering what day it is let alone anything else
    well girls looks like Ryan is going to be bottle fed from now on he just doesn't seem interested in being breast fed and when i do get him on he bites the heck out of me i am begining to not like it one little bit, I feel a little bit better though i seriously can't hear a thing my ears are so blocked which in a way could be a good thing i can't hear my 2 oklder ones fighting and bickering though i worry cause i can't hear ryan on his monitor at night i have it up so loud and it is right beside my head and i still have trouble. We are off to the MCHN today to get weighed and have a chat about this feeding thing so i will be back later
    Last edited by ~shazz~; November 30th, 2006 at 07:32 AM. Reason: told you already i can't spell lol

Hi Elissa and welcome back!! Congratulations on Archie's arrival and what a big bubba hehe!! Good luck with TTC #2...I can't wait to have another!

Sheree: I'm going shopping tonight (for some reason I still have most of my pay from last week and we can't have that LOL) But I'll see how I go Friday either meet me in town or if I'm not too tired I might come out there. Good to hear Lachie's needles were ok, last thing you need is more problems!!

Kim: How did Darcy go with Santa? I want to take Jayden soon, he met Santa last week but didn't sit on his knee. Shame about the other pics, least you saved some $$

Hi Alison and welcome back too!

Nat: You poor thing, I hope that cold is gone soon!!

Shazz: I've said it before and I will say it again.....well done for BF'ing as long as you did, esp with Ryan's teeth!! I hope you get better soon too, lose of hearing would be awful!! Good luck with Ryan's weigh in and check up.

The IL's went to visit Jayden yesterday at SIL house, my guess is FIL wanted to see him because I wasn't there.....MIL sent me a MMS of Jayden in the highchair eating, I couldn't reply to her though cause I was fuming knowing that FIL was there!! That got to me too yesterday which is probably partly why I got so upset oh and AF came last night so that too haha WHAT A [email protected] WEEK!!! Can't wait for it to be over. With all the negitives ATM I do have 1 positive.....Jayden slept through again last night and he went to bed a bit earlier than the night before too. The only thing different I have done is changed his formula from step 1 to step 2.....So maybe that is it step 1 wasn't keeping him full??

Ok have a great day girls......I'm doing a bit (pfft.... a lot) of retail therapy this arve...Ii think I deserve it hehe

oxoxox

Hey, Allison! I was only thinking of you yesterday! How's Cooper? Need to update your ticker so we can see him.

Sheree I know you were only joking. And believe me i can understand, but I never thought I'd be this desperate right now to have another either. Weird huh. Did I say congratulations for Lachie's weight? If not YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB

Oh Tania sweetie. It's nearly Friday. Darcy was actually good with Santa. She HATES anyone other than me and Cam ATM so I was really surprised. She wouldn't smile but she's not upset either. GO JAYDEN GO JAYDEN!!!

No worries Sara, good luck with it. Are you feeling better today?

Oh Shazz ears are awful aren't they? Did they prescribe you some drops or something??? There's plenty of things the chemist can suggest. How are you feeling about the BF thing? Are you positive?

I'm going out for dinner tonight with my mothers group girls for chrissie. Really looking forward to it. Cam's going out as well so Nanny's coming to watch Darcy. Might try and get the rest of the christmas shopping done this arfternoon and wear Darcy out. What do you buy for blokes you have nothing in common with and who have no interests (aka the ILs)?

Buy them nothing Kim LOL......FIL is getting nothing from me. Maybe I'll get him a xmas stocking with a lump of coal in it LOL

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast