Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #18

hmmmm, Darcy took about 2 mins to go to sleep tonight....bet I'm in for a ripper....

Ohhhh Shazz you're looking hot LOL. I hope you're quiet lasted and that you're feeling better.

Kim Money is a good idea! Its amazing what new girlfriends can do to brothers LOL. At least he has a nice one and not a bad one that's leading him astray hehe!

Em is loud these days and so excited. He really likes to play with me and is quiet amused when I'm trying to entertain him. Now this part is gonna seem silly.... but when he crawled I was proud and when he started walking on his walker I was just as proud... no sad feelings of him growing up at all. BUT this past few weeks I've noticed one little tiny thing that has made me feel sad. He can put his own dummy in... its so little and silly but he doesn't need me to do it any more! Its such a shock to see him with his dummy in when I haven't put it in!!! Like I said its a small thing and I think he's been doing it for ages and I just never really noticed and it just suddenly hit me... my baby is growing up!!!

I got him weighed today and he's 8.63 kgs and 71 cms long!!!

What recipes have you used Kim? I used a risotto one and made Em pumpkin and tuna risotto (weird combo I know but Em loves it!!).

I've been eating so bad today - pringles, chocolate....

I'm just about to start to tidy up my desk I think before its Em's bath time!!

carrots and rice, baked beans and pumpkin, ummmm someone suggested pear and avocado together....she loves that, hmmm can't think of the others....she usually just has blitzed up whatever I'm having....

Do you use one of those hand mixers? I really need to get one. Isn't your stuff too full of flavour for her though? I would give Em mine but I make all my food quite spicy and with garlic etc.

Hmmm baked beans you say? Do you just mash them up? I'm looking to extend Em's food from just vegies each night.

One the suggestions was to get your purreed vegies and thicken then mould into fingers and cover in bread crumbs and cook them. I haven't tried that one yet. Em loves finger foods though right now.

my quiet lasted all of 2 minutes i kid you not soon as i hit reply he woke up lol just my luck so wwe went and did the errands i had to do then we when came home we sorted out the kids school books ( stupid idea cause ryan was so madly trying to help ) then he crawled up too me on the floor lay his head on my leg and cried i picked him up took him into our bed to lay down with him this was at 3.30pm i was going to read my book i got for xmas and he was out like a light and we both just woke up now now i'm wondering if either of us are going to sleep tonight

he he Nat thanks re being hot lol had had no idea what u were talking baout till i posted lol i love my cartoon me (I"M SKINNY )
    Last edited by Lea13; January 5th, 2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Double Post

Hey Kim thanks for the visit today, and for Katy's gorgeous prezzie. I was having a bit of a down day today, so thanks. Apologies if I was a little distant.

See ya on Tuesday.

Marks bathing Kaitlyn so I think I might go to bed.

Nite.

I wondered too....very cool cartoon! Wow that was a good sleep - you're gonna be awake a while me's thinkin!

Yep Nat I have a Braun 500 I think it's called it has a few attachments and I love it. For her stuff I use the stab stick for fine purees and the herb chopper as a little processor to blitz stuff. In regards to the flavours....here's what I think. We have lots of garlic and herbs etc as well. I'm still feeding Darcy so she's had lots and lots of practice at strong flavours (I'm also a fan of hot food too), she's never refused my milk, so what harm can there be? I would never give her hot stuff or anything really garlicky (and I have toned it down because she gets some). She wants what we have, so I'm not going to refuse her. The other day she loved spagetti with tomato and chickpea pasta sauce...lots of risottos and bean stuff. I'm not a huge meat eater either so I'm yet to introduce much meat to her diet. I figure that will ruffle her more than flavours she is really used to IYKWIM?

SNAP Leanne no prob! Thanks also for Darcy's...I chickened out hanging it as Darcy couldn't wait for me to fiddle around and wanted to go straight to bed....
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 5th, 2007 at 08:27 PM.

wooohooo Ryan went back to bed at 8 30 pm wooohoooo now we willsee what time he wakes up later though lol

WTG Cooper!! Jayden is slowly getting there, he knows how to move his arms and how to move his legs but canít seen to coordinate the two together hahaha he has mastered turning in circles and I guess itís a sort of commando crawl he moves a little but not much.

Shazz: OMG @ the bite!! Sounds very painful!! How good of Ryan to sleep that long for you!! Jayden sleeps like that for everyone else but me LOL thatís ok though as I donít get to see him much during the week. How did Ryan sleep last night?

Kim: I think money is a good idea too esp if he wants to go on a holiday.

Nat: Yay for Em!! But sad for you!! As much as I want Jayden to crawl, I know I will be very sad. Quite a while ago (not sure how long) I got up to Jayden through the night to put his dummy back in but by the time I got there he had found his dummy in the cot and put it back in the right way and gone back off to sleepÖ.I think itís a proud moment but I see what you mean about them not needing you as much. OMG Em is long!! I think Jayden is about 66cm or 68cm canít remember. I have a follow up appt at CH on Tuesday as they want to re test his hips, HC and left teste (or right, canít remember)

We had a bit of a rough night last, Jayden woke at 3.15 with a dirty nappy so I changed him but he wouldnít go back to sleep, so I gave him 120ml bottle and rocked him to sleep for about 20mins. I donít mind too much when I donít have to work the next day and Chris has been on holidays for the last 2 weeks so if Jayden woke up Chris was getting up to him. Jayden learnt how to sip out of a straw yesterday, he opened his mouth really wide then close it around the straw he looked so cute!! I donít know why I havenít tried it with him before. He came into our bed this morning and he was giving Chris and I cuddles and the other morning he pulled himself up and stood up by himselfÖ..Heís trying to pull himself up on my leg now so he can get a book off the coffee table. Anyway he is getting very restless

Have a great day girls
    oxoxox

ryan sleep great last night wokeup onceat 11.45 pm the up at 5 am one happy mummy here now if only i didn't have to go to work today it would have been right up there in my top 20 we will see what tonight brings though i have my 5 year old nephew coming to stay over

Evening Ladies,

Just poppin in to say hi in between cooking tea.

I am ok. Briley is ok!

Be back later to catch up!

Kim, thanks for the suggestions about the baby food section. I gave the avocado and pear a try tonight. Cooper seemed to like it. He has been really fussy with food lately, not eating home made stuff and only wanting Heinz stuff (grrrr..) but he enjoyed the avocado tonight. Will definitely give that to him again.

i must try some of those recipes too Ryan has got so fussy when it comes to food lately

Evening All.

I am sitting here trying to find some inspiration to scrap book and thought I would post!

Shazz I'm glad you are feeling better! Sounds like you had a good sleep yesterday. I did that myself with Em today LOL though only for 1/2 an hour!

Tania Good to hear from you!! Buggar about having a bad night! Goodluck at the follow up appointment. Is 71cm long? I just measured myself as the baby nurse has left and they haven't replaced her yet!!

Sara Its great to hear from you! Its been quiet without you around!! I hope things are going well pregnancy wise!

Alison Whoo hoo for Cooper liking avocado and pear. Come to think of it Em didn't like avocodo at all - myabe he'd like that combo?? :icon_question:

Kim Its good to hear that you give Darcy that sort of stuff. I am going to try Em with it I think and see how we go.

Well we had a disaster of a nappy earlier! Em was playing and I didn't even notice - it was all over his shorts, down his legs - EVERYWHERE!?!? The Snugglers just don't seem to hold it in. I may have to put him in Huggies all the time I think.

Not really much going on otherwise. Went out today for coffee and cake and a bit of shopping which was lovely. Then we came home and watched Dirty Dancing which I haven't seen in years... gee the acting is actually really bad hey?? A nice relaxing day anyway. Hmmm I might go and do some scrap booking now LOL!!

Morning ladies and bubbas.

Not much happening here either.

Kaitlyn is into my handbag and it's contents are strewn across the room. She ate 1/2 a banana for breakfast this morning and seems to be happy. If she's happy, I am happy.

Dh's outside paving an area to put a garden shed on. It's slightly raining so I am not going to offer any assistance.

See . . . not much happening.
    Might go do some sewing.

Hope everyone is well and have a great day
    BBL

Glad to hear Allison.

Hehehe, Darcy thinks she can walk. She can't but she's gonna hurt herself trying. She's been a climber for a while but now she just turns around and lets go and takes a few steps before I catch her or she collapses....I wish she'd learn not to cos I don't want to discourage her but she does it all the time....

Snap again Leanne....don't tell me it's raining I can't be bothered getting the washing in

morning all i got a bit of a wooohooo i opened the sunday mail this mornign and saw that super amart have exercisebikes on sale for $149 instead of the 300 my DH was going to spend at christmas so wooohooo he has gone to buy me one should be losing some weight by lunch time today i reckon lol

Morning All

Vic I swear babies think Dads are fun so they don't have their sleeps!! Em is the same with Gordon! Not much longer of the school holidays now... is it another 2 or 3 weeks?

Leanne Em loves going through my hand bag as well. He thinks its great! Only problem is now he thinks that everyone elses hand bags are his toys Sounds like you have a nice relaxing day ahead of you!

Kim OMG @ Darcy thinking she can walk! It sounds as though she will be walking soon!! Em has been a climber for awhile now and he isn't doing that yet!!!

Shazz Whoo hooo for the exercise bike!! How cool!!!I'd be excited too especially at that price.

Well I'm up and ready for work early today - I've even ironed, put away the washing, tidied and done the dishes :eek:. Now I'm just sitting here while Em cruises around the place blowing raspberries LOL! I hope you all have a great Sunday.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast