Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #18

I would not worry Alison. Each baby develops in their own way and at their own pace. One day he'll wake up with toothy pegs saying da da and mum mummmmm and crawling from one end of the room to the other in a flash.

If you are concerned tho, speak with your clinic nurse.

I've just had a look at his web page - what a cutie pie!!

He's not way behind Allison!They are all TOTALLY different. Em could crawl when he was like a week old.....Darcy could stand up holding onto something by herself at 2 months, but then she's only just started with the other and she has no teeth. I'm actually horrified that she's crawling, I was kinda hoping she'd be slow at that....

There's a bub in Leanne and my mother's group who's about a month older than Cooper and he can't even sit up by himself yet.

We went up the coast today for fish and chips....was a bit peeved cos I hate batter and they didn't have grilled fish....my arm got so sunburnt driving back I'm the sunscreen queen too?!?!?

Shazz, why do they always get sick in the holidays??? Not Ryans ears again?

Vic, you're a bit quiet, hows the holiday battle armour holding up??

Hey Jodie (or Nat) how do I stop that awful rash every time I wax??? Yeah Nat I'm a bit the same, but have fair hair on my arms so don't worry....Have been a bit nervous about the csec scar though.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 4th, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

Em could crawl when he was like a week old.....
    pmsl @ that Kim!!!! And hehe Kim now you're sunburn is gonna be uneven :nana: I'm not sure how to stop that rash. I do know that if you ex foliate regularly (but not straight after you get it done) that can help - also a really good moisturizer. I use Body Shops Body Butter... mmmmmm

Alison ~ Em's cousin is 10 months old and not crawling yet! Its completely normal. They all develop at their own rates! Em has no teeth though he is talking a lot now after being the quietest baby I've ever known for months LOL!

I had a busy day babysitting today and we had lotsa fun. Em loves having other kids around!!! He went down for his last nap late so I'm just trying to wake him up but he keeps falling asleep on me LOL. He is very cute when he's all tired... in fact its the only time I can have him sitting still on my lap!! It makes me realise what an active child I have! He certainly is keeping me on my toes lately

Well I better go and wake him up properly otherwise there will be no sleeping tonight hehe!!

Vic ~ Ohhh darn it when you edit there are no posts below to read so now I have to remember what you posted about!! I'm glad your DH is off this week and you're having some nice family time. I know what you mean about banning yourself. I have kinda been doing that lately because I've just been so busy and Em's routine and the housework takes priority! It is 40 degrees here - great washing weather LOL. That's all I can remember SORRY!!!

Ange ~ I forgot to say Hi before!!!
    Last edited by Lea13; January 4th, 2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Vic post in front of me!!!

Jodie259 Guest

Kim... tea tree lotion should help calm the rash and prevent ingrown hairs. Depends what the rash is... if it's heat rash or you've got sensitive skin - then a cold facecloth will help.

Alison - Shaun is crawling... but no sign of teeth (just the screaming pain from them) and no talking. A friend came over today with her 9.5mnth old... and he can't crawl... but he's got a mouthful of teeth.

DH just handed Shaun to me. He refuses to go to sleep. Too hot. Teeth hurting. At least he's quiet... not like the old days .

Jodie it's like millions of little pimples and really painful. I've been waxing for about 15 years and it happens EVERY time.....

ouchy's Kim

Hi Ange ~ beautiful photo of little Miss Katerina how have you been getting some sleep these days ?
    hope Sara is ok and she gets rid of her trojan soon it is quiet in here

big hi to everyone else i don't have an ounce of energy ATM so no personals sorry
    i am happy to say it is not EARS this time with master Ryan they have had some viral infection really really high temps sore throats just plain miserable but it looks like they are on the mend now thankfully i went and brought the kids school books todays and uniforms for DD she is starting high school OMG i should have taken out a personal loan ok i'm off to bed
    i have had a migraine for the last 2 days i'm only starting to feel normal again myself i think AF is going to come and visit for the first time in years it feels like my face has had a complete break out yuck so not happy about that but i think it has a lot to do with me trying to eat healthier as well a bit of a detox

Jodie259 Guest

Kim... if you don't have really sensitive skin... I would suggest you buy something called "Ingrow Go" - normally from a chemist. It's a liquid that contains alcohol & asprin & some indredients like AHA's. It's fairly strong stuff... but could help to prevent the reaction - and reduce it after your waxing. Does your waxer use hot wax or strip wax? If using strip wax - ask for hot wax.... it will not react as much. And it doesn't hurt as much either.

Cooper started commando crawling tonight. I am so so so excited. I hope he remembers how to do it tomorrow morning. Yay!!

Alison ~ YAY for the commando crawl! Now he'll keep you on your toes!!!

Shazz ~ Darn AF... LOL @ getting a personal loan! And poor little Ryan sick again. Em has had a shocking run with viral infections as well! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Em went down really well tonight which was a surprise considering the late nap. We finally have a relaxing day tomorrow. Well so far its meant to be relaxing... I'm sure something will turn up though I should have a normal 2 weeks though and then I'm going away for the weekend. Then the following weekend is Australia Day weekend! I just went and bought Australia Day thongs and a stubby holder LOL so I can get into the spirit! Okay I'm just babbling now. Its close to my midnight bedtime hehe! Will chat to you all tomorrow if you're around!!

Morning mums.

Well I am on day five of my weight loss thing, and am struggling. I am so hungry and can't stop thinking about food. Yesterday, much to my DH's disgust, I threw out everything that resembled chocolate, except for the milo cause that's my before bed treat.

I have started my quilt. Cut out 40 squares and 160 strips yesterday so now to just sew them together in a quilt top. Wonder how long THAT will take.

Kaitlyn's been a good girl today, but has only been up 1/2 hour he he . Let's hope it continues.

Not much else happening.

11 days to go until my driving test and I am getting nervous.

BBL

Woohoo Cooper! Alison you can stop worrying now see?

LOL Shazz, I remember Mum buying our uniforms. She'd buy them a couple of sizes too big, so they'd last longer. Def sounds like AF....are you sure we aren't sisters...that's eaxctly what happens to me.

Jodie it's hot wax. It hardly hurts. I forgot how much more it hurt when I was pregnant (or how little it hurts when I'm not). I will have a look for that stuff. She gave me some prduct with salycilates in it so I figured it's just acne stuff, right?

I did the get rid of all the choccie last night too....only we ate it Cam's got nights for 5 so it's heaps easier to eat well when it's just me. We've got an easy day too, but I do have to buy my bro a birthday present......he's 24 and I have absolutely no idea....
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 5th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

hi girls
    i just got bitten my a green ant and OMG my foot has blown up like a balloon and is boiling hot and my knee and hip are throbbing darn it i shouldn't laugh at nick when he gets bitten now ( he usaually runs around in a cicle jumping hopping and muttering most likely swear words under his breathe )

ahh Shazz, that doesn't sound like a great reaction....will you be having someone look at that???

i will Kim if it doesn't settle down soon mip is not to bad now but i havehad an ice brick on my foot and it doesn't feel cold to me my foot is that hot it has melted it lol

Shaz, ouch!!!! I didnt know ant bites could be so bad, sounds terrible.

Kim yes I am not as worried now. He didnt commando crawl as much this morning but he has shown me he can do it, so its just a matter of time. Baby steps

Ouch Shazz that sounds painful!!!I hope it eases for you soon!

Kim Does your brother drink at all? I find a bottle of alcohol is always easiest for guys otherwise I end up buying aftershave or tops LOL.

Its going to be so nice today having nothing planned!!

feeling heaps better now girls thanks just a dull ache Ryan has been a sleep for nearly 2 and 1/2 hours it has been bliss instead of the squealing ... complete quiet i wonder how long it will last

Funny you say that Nat, he's in the Navy and used to be a huge, and I mean HUGE drinker, but when Darcy was born he stopped and hasn't drunk since....don't know why, but I suspect it might be because his current girlfriend is really 'nice'. Just gonna go the money thing...he want to go on a holiday my mum tells me...rambling, boring, sorry girls.....
    You girls should check out the baby food ideas in the recipe section. I couldn't get Darcy to eat, but I tried a few of the ideas and now she's great...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast