Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #18

where is everyone ??

Morning.

Had a discussion with DH has night about DTD. Says that I am not in the mood until it's time to go to sleep. Does not understand that its hard to get in the 'mood' while cooking dinner, feeding bathing and getting to sleep an 8 month old.

Looks like Katy might become an only child!

BBL.

Leanne why does your ticker say Katy's 5months old??? Ha we have that conversation regularly....there's a simple answer but until they get that they have to help out equally then I will be tired.....

We went on a 'date' last night. Dropped the Dragon off at mum's and went out for dinner and a movie. It was nice, except Cam went to sleep in the movie. Happy Feet's a bit scary I have to tell you.....of course then she was awake all the way home and wouldn't go to sleep until about 2 grrrrr

oh yeah the ticker does to , will have to go fix it! he he he

gees I make good waffles....guess I'll start tomorrow.....

Jodie259 Guest

I've got to go shopping tonight. I tried yesterday, but it's impossible with a pram when you have to get lots of stuff. And I could do online shopping but that seems so silly when the supermarket is just up the road. But it might be an idea! Might look into that. It will control my impulse shopping. Does anyone grocery shop online? Do they have all the items that are on the shelves?

I found out something interesting yesterday... I was in need of nappies... and we've been using Huggies & I buy them in the box of 90 crawlers. I once had them delivered from a nappy store and they were 'asian' huggies and quite cheap. Then Safeway (woolies) had boxes on special for $30 so I bought three boxes. But now I was checking prices and online they ranged from $42 to $46. The supermarkets & K-mart had them for $45 +/-. But Big W were selling them - regular price - for less then $39. They sell formula cheaper at Big W too. And I was tempted to get a baby gate from there. They had them on special from $90 down to $70. We've got a wooden one, which is a bit annoying to climb over. But DH didn't want to pay $70 for one you walk through. There's a few on eBay so I'll keep my eye on them.

Because I've got no bread or milk in the house... and I'm trying to be good... I remember I've got some crumpets in the freezer.... so thats on the menu now!

Since ours is at the top of the stairs we just paid for one you walk through at Babies Galore. I never thought of BigW (our huggies are $36.98), but I got a good deal anyway. One shop had a protacot we wanted for $79 and the gate for $109, but had no gates, so I asked if they price matched at BG and they matched the price on the cot (which was $20 less than their on sale price) and gave me 10% off the gate.

As for online groceries, I think they're pretty expensive comparatively. I tried and it just takes too long, you can't buy the quantities that you want and the range is very small.
    Will Shaun not sit in the trolley?

Jodie259 Guest

OMG... I feel so stupid. I didn't think to put shaun in a trolley seat!!!
    I just automatically pull the jogger out of my car every time. D'oh!!!!
    Sometimes if I can't be bothered getting the jogger out, I hire the prams in the shopping centre which are free.
    I can't believe I'm so stupid. Now I can do some decent shopping. I've got this great hip seat that you strap to your waist and the baby sits on that - which is great to get around when you're not using a trolley/pram.

Thanks Kim. I must have had my blonde wig on for the last 6 months! (no offence to all the blondes !!).

Just went to my parents house... and my Stepmum made me a toasted ham sandwich but automatically coated both sides of the bread in butter... damn. I was trying to be really good. But I've not been bad. Two crumpets with vegemite only, and one ham toastie. Will be going to WW tonight, so I dread to see the scales.

Good luck Jodie. Thinking light thoughts for you chickie!

Jodie you aren't stupid. and you will be fine at WW.
    Good luck! Don't forget to wear your light clothes and squeeze as much pee out as possible just before you jump on the scales..... That's what I used to do. he he he

This may be TMI, but I've finally had my bikin line waxed for the first time since the week before Darcy was born! YAY! Well I couldn't go to swimming lessons like that!

hey all i'm still here got a bunch of sick kids so i may not be on ,much

Jodie259 Guest

Hugs to you Shazz.... hope the kids feel better soon.

WW was as I expected - I'm back to my 'starting weight' (last september)- 85.3kg.
    I've been drinking heaps of water in the last few days... but I've also been binge eating prior to my weight loss challenge. So now I'm going to be really good. Went to the supermarket and bought lots of healthy stuff.

Good on you Kim for getting the wax. Makes you feel like a woman again doesn't it!
    Which reminds me.... I want to get Shaun into swimming lessons.

Okay once again I've been a bit absent!!! Hopefully by next week it will all settle back down to normal!! I've spent the last few days cleaning my house and I'm not trying to catch up on the finances etc. I had a bit of a mummy meltdown and because of that I'm trying to get a routine happening with Em. So far so good and I'm feeling much more positive about things. I'm so grateful for the support network I've got though I have to admit that I don't utilize it enough! I still need to get Em weighed etc and have his shots done. I will organise that tomorrow I think! I am babysitting tomorrow so I will try and get my grocery shopping done with 2 kids LOL. That will be interesting!!

Jodie ~ Arghhh this has been my dilemma with Em. The whole standing up thing!! I have taken to wrapping him again so then he can't get up LOL. I had to laugh at you not thinking to put Shaun in the trolley baby seats!!

Kim ~ OMG at Darcy crawling!! That is fantastic!! She'll keep you on your toes now!! As for storage... well I have a toyboy and a set of cupboards inside the built in robe and stuff hanging. The kid has as many clothes as me Whoo hoo for getting a wax as well!! I love getting waxed lol (I know I'm strange!!) I even waz my arms!!! Glad to hear that you had a night out alone as well. LOL @ Happy Feet being scary!!!

Shazz ~ Eeek at the screaming!! I don't know how I'd handle that!!

Leanne ~ I seriously think the only way to deal with men that complain about DTD is to just throw yourself at them constantly!! When they want to shower, watch TV - when they just want to rest... pester pester pester!! See how he feels then hehe :wink:

Good luck with to everyone trying to loose weight. I'm definitely not trying to loose weight - I won't mention what I weigh otherwise you might all throw stones at me LOL. But I am definitely trying to look after myself better this year - eat healthy and exercise!

Well I better get going. I tried to post the next theme for the PM Photography Competition and the computer froze and I lost it all - grrr so I have to go and type it all out again LMAO!!
    Last edited by Lea13; January 3rd, 2007 at 10:43 PM.

Nat. LMAO at the toy boy in the wardrobe..... Don't you mean tallboy!! LOL

BBL dd's up and crawling and it's quiet so probably need to save my curtains.... She loooves to pull at my curtains.

angelique Guest

Hello everyone, hope all is well for you all.

Hehe yes I did mean tall boy... these darn late night posts

Is Cooper the only baby NOT crawling???

I never use to worry about milestones, but he isnt crawling, he has no teeth and isnt talking....seems he is way behind...time to worry???
    Last edited by delta_blue; January 4th, 2007 at 02:53 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast