Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #19

Default Babies Born May 2006 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

WOO HOO I'm first...while you girls are all snoozing.

HAPPY 8 MONTHS TO MY LITTLE PRINCESS ~PHOEBE...ALSO TO DARCY, KAITLYN & JESSE

I'll be back for personals at a more reasonable hour.

Good Night.

Woo Hoo I am second!!!

Kaitlyn is 8 months old today!!!!
    Happy 8 months to Darcy, Jesse and Phoebe.

We measured her length last night as she seems to have shot up. Shot up indeed. 73 1.2 cms. That's 4 1/2 cm in a month.

A few questions for our bubs.
    - How long are you now? Kaitlyn is 73.5 cm
    - What size shoes are you taking? Still a 1
    - 00 or 0 jumpsuits? def. needs the 0
    - funniest thing you've done in the last month... falls backwards from sitting, bumps her head,:eek: looks at you for a reaction and then laughs.... there's heaps more but that pretty much was the highlight.
    Have a good one ladies. My DD has gone back to sleep after an early rise so I am off to have a nice long shower....

BBL.

Happy 8 months to Darcy, Jesse ,Phoebe and Kaitlyn! Riley is helping me type so this could get messy lol.

From Riley: I am 69cm long (or was 2 weeks ago mum should measure me again)
    I wears 0 jumpsuits and I haven't worn shoes so don't know what size I am
    I do lots of amusing things I think lol but I do like to change channels on the TV and play with my big si sters mobile phone, the otgher day i managed to delete all her contacts!

We got home at 11.15pm last night, had a really good trip home, no traffic and got here in 2 and a half hours instead of the usual 3. It was soooooo nice to be back in my own bed even though Riley did wake up 3 times.
    bbl got to get some breakkie

I'm trying to get the Dragon to have an early sleep cos we have to go out, but nooooo thanks mum.

Can you believe they're 8 months old!!!

Darcy is 70cm long
    She is in 0 full length suits but she's a skinny minny and wears 000 and 00 still if it's just tops and pants
    She a size 2 shoe and already has 4 pairs (but has a way to go to get to my 44 prs )
    She makes me laugh all the time - every time I tell her 'no!" she laughs at me, she carries around my old wallet everywhere with her, her favourite new trick is to empty the bottom of the pantry - how can you get cross???

Darcy used to be a really bad eater - she wouldn't try anything. I made her some carrots cooked with rice and pureed that and since then she'll have a go at anything. She's always happiest if she thinks she eating what I've got and she seems to be a big fan of flavours, which I'm putting down to what she's used to with the BM. She loves the pear and avo, baked beans pureed with pumpkin, tomato risottos and pasta sauses, spinach. Finger food wise she just eats what you give her - banana, toast (plain - mean mother I am), her first biscuit yesterday, cold hot chips(she's only had 4 though), chicken/turkey, potato. She loves frozen banana quarters. I just put her on the floor in the kitchen with one - then I have to wash the floor but at least it's clean

They aren't dumb questions Allison. I ask lots of silly questions - but if I don't ask I never find out. Yogurt was essentially Darcy's first food. I buy not the Heinz ones......that's right the Vaalia ones. They're smaller servings as she doesn't eat a whole great quantity. I also just buy her full fat Vanilla vaalia if the baby stuff's not on special which it usually is at our woolies.

Kaitlyn used to hold her own bottle at about 5 1/2 months, but now she has just gotten lazy and lets me do it. I now make her crawl across the room to get her own bottle before picking her up to give it to her. Sometimes she lays on the floor propped up with a pillow and feeds herself, but usually the floor gets more than she does. Shes not snuggly anymore now she can move around so I am usually the me feeding her the bottle as snuggle time.

Jodie259 Guest

Happy 8 months to Darcy, Jesse, Kaitlyn & Phoebie !!

Just over a week ago - when Shaun was 7months 1 week is stats were:

Weight: 8.24kg
    length: 68.5cm
    head circ: 42.2cm

He wears 0's
    Not sure about feet, as he hasn't worn shoes for ages.
    Funny things: he terrorises the cat. chases him everywhere... and if he catches him, tries to chew on his paws or tail. He stands up... but can't get back down again. He loves having a back massage - and if you massage his shoulders he giggles uncontrollably.

Hope you have a great day... talk again later.

Arghhh go Darcy and Katy!!! How exciting!!! Buggar I live in Adelaide LOL....

Good luck girls!!!!

Okay back for personals...

Jodie YAY for Shaun pulling himself up!!! That batman outfit sounds great!

Mummy4Life I was wondering where you had gotten to! LOL @ the teeth. Em did the same thing grrrr! Nothing worse then putting up with teething symptoms and not actually getting any teeth!!!! I think I find out on the Tuesday (16th) next week about uni. Iím very excited Ė though I think Iíll be at Port Vincent then so I wonít know till I get home haha!

Shazz I hope you got a better nights sleep last night. Iím lucky that I donít have to worry about having a DH to squash Em when heís in with me LOL. I more worry about him rolling off the bed as he moves around HEAPS in his sleep! I hope its teeth with Ryan and not another sore throat the poor thing!

Mrsmac I didnít realise you had lost your mum. Iím so sorry. This is the thread for it. Weíre here for you as much as we can be! It must be hard for you. Are you going back to work fulltime?

Vic Hehe about Dylan!! I think Em is gonna be the same. Heís never without a bruise or mark on his face somewhere already! OMG at you having to get out a jumper!! Thatís funny! Tomorrow is our scorcher so we will be staying indoors. Iím babysitting though so hopefully the kids wonít get to antsy! Em loves it when I babysit Ė he loves the other kids. Em holds his own bottle Ė hates me holding it actually. He even does the one handed ďIím-so-coolĒ hold LOL.

Leanne Congrats on reaching your 50 hours of driving!! Nice work! Iím sure youíll do great on your test! LOL @ the DH vent! Sometimes I feel blessed being a single parent lol! I think that if there are two of you then you need help each other out.

Kim I forgot to say how much I love that new photo of Darcy! So cute!

Alison On the solids note Ė donít apologise!! And it certainly isnít ignorance!!

I went out for lunch today to catch up with a work mate which was lovely. Had a chat with work about if Iím going to return or not and that is up in the air a bit so we will have to see what happens I think. I am off to the movies tonight to see The Holiday. Em is getting picked up before 6 so I am looking forward to some time to myself to do nothing before I go out. Normally Em is only watched while I go out Ė Iíve never really had him watched just to do nothingÖ so the few hours before I leave will be bliss I think! Em has his shots tomorrow finally Ė hopefully he isnít too cranky! At least there is no more until 12 months though time is flying by so fast that it will hit us all in the face soon enough. I think I may just cry when he turns oneÖ

-How long are you now? 71cm @ 5th Jan
    - What size shoes are you taking? 1
    - 00 or 0 jumpsuits? Mostly 00. In shorts/pants still a 000 (takes after his skinny minny mummy LOL)
    - Funniest thing you've done in the last month... today Em tried to crawl under a desk and smacked his head quite a few times before he realised he had to lower himself LOL. But the funniest thing is that when I start talking passionately or Iím raving on about something Em starts to laugh. I do admit I get quite animated and my arms start going etc but I didnít think I was that funny to watch LOLÖ

Alright thatís it from me. I have to go and get Emís stuff ready for when heís picked up! Will be back tomorrow!!

bugger we are in qld Kelly how cute would that be
    i had to pick Ryan up from CC today they rang me in the mornign and asked whether i could come and give him panadol ( which i did ) then they rang back just after lunch saying he wouldn't settle he must be sick yada yada ya so soon as i hung up i rang the doctors surgery got straight in i looked like a complete idiot although this doc was great he only started here today along with his wife and i could understand him ( bonus) so back to the point HE IS TEETHING - just like i told them this morning at CC ok rant over ........

Oooh how exciting Kelly! (I have to admit I did send her an email.....blushes).

Yes Shazz that is always a bonus and extra if you can understand their handwriting....
    Hope he's feeling better.

Have a nice night Nat. I wanted to see that last week but it was a bit girly for Cam.

I did my 2km on the blades today - it was really hot and I wasn't going to but I thought 'hey what else am I going to do??' It nearly killed me but I've also dug out my WW DVD and am even going to do the tummy exercises after I wash up

Darcy has worn herself out today. First she didn't have a great sleep this morning, this afternoons was broken too after mothers group in and out of the car/bed. Then we went blading and she watched the kids and the ducks. I drove the long way home but she still wanted to chat. Then she has crawled around investigating and getting into mischeif for a good hour and a half. She was happy so I didn't even bath her. She's gone straight to sleep after her feed.....she was so funny I was creeping up to her, tickling her and then running away and hiding. She was laughing so hard she nearly toppled over. Then she thought it was a great joke to climb up her lounge to the coffe table....I go over after saying no and she'd go rigid and slide down laughing to start again...tehe cow. I have to say I'm so happy with her this afternoon. She's got some independence and while I'm sad, it's exciting too.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 9th, 2007 at 06:06 PM.

WTG Kim on 2 km bet your legs and butt are killing mine would be numb for a month i haven't done anything YET so good at this WL challenge i am
    well Ryan has collasped in a heap fast asleep and peacfully too so i'm off to wash bottles and to bed nite

-How long are you now? 70 something cm i haven't had him measure since he was 6 months must do that
    - What size shoes are you taking? shoes what are they ....
    - 00 or 0 jumpsuits? :eek: size 1
    - Funniest thing you've done in the last month in the car he isn't happy till he is holding on to his brother and sister by the hands while driving along then he'll just start flapping his arms along with theirs ( even if they don't want to ) whilst yabbering on in baby talk it is quite cute ...
    Last edited by ~shazz~; January 9th, 2007 at 07:26 PM. Reason: can't spell but you all know that :)

Tehe SHazz, I forget which day I weighed......how cute is that about the car????

Kim, I sent one too lol. Can't hurt can it? I wonder if they want a boy or a girl?
    Lea, I lost mum nearly 5 years ago but sometimes it seems very raw and fresh, I think having another baby has made it worse and also sil just had her first and her mum who is lovely is round there all the time and helps her heaps like mum used to with me so its brought it all back.
    We have started the CSIRO diet today and even went for a walk after dinner! We did our BMI and DH is overweight, I am on the verge of overweight and DD#1 is barely off underweight. I told her she has to eat lots extra and she's doing it for health not to lose weight.
    Riley is screaming so I have to go.

Cool Christine - we might get to meet! Let us know how you go with that diet. I've always been interested but never bought the book.

The Dragon wanted to play for three hours last night at 11! I had a really bad headache before that, but now.....! Man I wish she'd just go to SLEEP!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice on solids. Nat your advice was great. I tried pears in pumpkin and sweetcorn last night and he ate more than usual, so I think thats the way to go. Thank you Thank you Thank you

Kim, when I read Kelly's post I thought of Darcy straight away. How exciting! Well done on the blading too, I get tired just thinking about it lol

Cooper is loving the commando crawl, and so am I infact. He is happier and it wears him out more so he goes to sleep easier Nights are pretty awful though, he sleeps well for about 4 hours, then needs a dummy put back in about every 45 mins. Lately about 4am onwards, he cries out about every 15 mins so I end up getting him into the spare bed with me and he sleeps perfectly. Am I creating (or created) a bad habit?? I hope I can break him out of it soon. I'm sure its just because he is teething.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast