Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #17

Default Babies Born May 2006 #17

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by BellyBelly; December 27th, 2006 at 06:07 AM.

Your old thread can be found here

Love

Don't worry Shazz i only had 3 glasses last nite to celebrate Lachie's achievements and I was hung over all day long, geez i just can't handle it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodie259 Guest

Sheree... it's so good to hear you sound so happy. Good boy Lachie!

and Adam for your first tooth!! I wish Shauns teeth would come through.

Kim :hugs: to you. It must be bad enough with Darcy's sleep problems, but life must be hell if you're having marriage problems as well. I hope that "it's just a phase" - and that Cam gets some help. I reckon the first six months can be hell on a relationship, but then the kids do little things (like talk, walk etc) - and you forget all the crap that you've been through. I really hope you can work it out. You've been through enough. Good that Cam is going to sleep school with you. I insisted that my DH came with me (for the residential stay) - as it was pointless that I learn and not him. He was reluctant at first, but it wasn't too bad. In the end it was like staying in a hotel - they made our meals, we had a room that looked just like a hotel room! And the bonus for us - it was only 5 minutes from our home!

I wrapped up all the Xmas presents last night and was glad that was done! I'm yet to get a Santa photo with Shaun. The one at our shopping centre looks really dodgy! He's skinny, and he doesn't hold the kids. He put a 7 month old on the end of his bony knees as if he had germs. I've been recommended other santas... so we'll have to check them out during the week. And on Tuesday my occassional day care centre has a santa coming and that will be free... they said to make sure I bring my camera! I'm looking forward to that!

Well... I'm going to be working for three nights next week. Will feel a bit strange because I haven't worked in my salon for over a year! On Friday night is the Xmas party for my husbands work. Free drinks & dinner... but I have to come from work so I'll probably drive home :frown: Bought a new dress & some shoes. Actually bought 4 pair of shoes! (my mum said she'll pay for some as a Xmas present!). I've discovered my feet have gone from size 7 (pre-pregnancy) to size 9 now!!!! :eek: No wonder I couldn't get into any of my old shoes!

Morning..... just a quick post this morning.

The IL's arrived from down the south coast on WEdnesday night at midnight. Our little family was all in bed when they arrived.

It's been go go go ever since. Yesterday was our Christmas at the beach in Wollongong (just immediate family) on DH's side and it was FREEEEEEZING!!!! Is it summer or what? Felt like it was Christmas in July we were celebrating... Def no swimming and I did not even go for a walk on the beach.
    Kaitlyn got spoilt OF COURSE, and it was a good day.

Today it's the entire DH's side of the fam Christmas so it's go go go again today. Mark and his parents have gone to Church this morning so I've got about an hour or so to get organised. Gotta put something really cute on Kaitlyn to show her off. There's a few babies going and I want her to look the best. How bad am I?

Best be off.
    BBL for personals if I am not too tired.... THis partying really wears you out!

HAve a good day girls.

Morning Girls,

Kim - Oh hun. I really don't know what too say. Try to be strong. You both are obviously in the same boat. I really hope things start looking up for you both. I have days where i just want to pack up and leave. Most of the time its me and Brent issues though. I'm not saying its Darcy's fault that your having these problems, its everything is bottling up. Have you guys been to Relationships Aust yet???? As always, i am here for you if you need to vent. I mean i am not married so i can't give you marriage counselling or anything but i will certainly try!!! Sending massive bear hugs to you all.

Jodie - The santa that Briley had her photo taken with looked heaps dodgy too. He was skinny and really tanned!!! He looked as though he was going to get lost in his beard!! I have seen one good one at K-mart so i might go and get her re-done before the festive season is over!!

Good on you for getting all the pressies wrapped. I am thinking about starting on that today. See how i go. We have heaps of other stuff too do today aswell.

Alison - Cooper's gums must be playing up on him aswell. Briley had another night like that lastnight. We did'nt get home till 11.15pm so she was a probably a litte unsettled from that.

Shazz - LOL - I hope you are feeling better today. I found that when i started drinking again after Briley i could drink like a fish!!! When i went down to Hamilton Island for the wedding i drank on the boat all day from like 10am till 1.00am the next morning!! I was'nt even legless!! I even drove the buggy home!!!

Nat - Nah 2 weetbix is'nt a lot i spse. Em is a lot more active than Briley right now so he is probably more hungry. She is still not crawling so she does'nt use as much energy as him. Don't worry if he is eating that much he must be just hungry. I mean your not going to stop him from eating while he is hungry just cause you think he's eating too much are you!

Sounds like he was a right monkey at your do!!! Cheeky little bugger!!

Vic - YAY!!!! Finally, a first tooth!!! I wish Briley would just get one!! How old is Adam now???

Leanne - Glad your IL's finally turned up!! But at midnight!!! I wish for one day it would be freezing up here!! Just so i could lounge round and watch tv all day!! Have fun today!!

Well the 1'st birthday party lastnight was more of an excuse for all the adults too have a pi** up!!! There was meant to be a bbq on but that did'nt get cooked till 10.30pm!!! I was the ONLY sober one, besides the other kids, and was pretty peckish and i kept saying do you want me too start the bbq and they would keep saying "I'm onto it!!" Then this would be repeated several time over the night until it was finally cooked (or not!!) at 10.30pm. I was mmmm i am soo hungry and i went to get some meat and it was still raw!!!! I managed to get a cooked bit though.

So as i sat down to eat, this fella came out from where Briley was sleeping under the house in the porta cot and said a baby is crying. So i got up and he had turned the fluro light on (which she was laying right under) and woken her up. I tried to settle her but she was'nt in it. Which i don't blame her for either. So i ate quick and managed to get brent out of there with about a 10 minute struggle!!!

Some ppl are so inconsiderate. So we left and she crashed the minute the car started. We did'nt get home till 11.15pm!! Sorry for the big rant!!!

Anyways, today is all about cleaning the yard and getting ready for the week. I have mowing, whipper snipping, washing, ironing and general tidying too do. So i am going to be a busy bee today.

Hope you are all well.

BBL

Morning all thanks so so much for your support.
    Vic Cam's issues started before Darc was born, more like when he was born...he is struggling to bond with her, but I think that's because him and I are so different. I talk softly, he can't even whisper he's always loud, i'm gentle, he's rough. He won't be told and doesn't take hints. She just prefers one way, but he doesn;t see he needs to change for her not her for him.
    Sara it doesn't matter that you aren;t married, we're all iin the same boat.

Cam's taking a week off. I think that's a good thing, but ATM I'm more comforatble on my own. We have the sleep clinic monday and then counselling on wed. Cam's going to speak to his parents about how he feels today. He wants to take Darcy but I don't want him to. They won't listen to him if she's there. He's also going to get some help. I told him I didn't like him last night and he's been making a huge effort. Even though a nice dinner won't fix the problems, he heard what I said.

That's great Adam has a tooth Vic! Maybe he's like Dylan with his teething....here's hoping.

There are some idiots around aren't there Sara. Was he drunk or just had no idea?

Our Santa was lovely but I'm going to try again today. There's a furniture store with a really funky setting and a free photo so I'll take her there later while Cm speaks to someone.

Thanks agian to you all.

angelique Guest

Still no teeth for Katerina Ladies, waiting and waiting and waiting.

afternoon girls and babies
    hope everyone is well
    i haven't caught up on the posts yet but thought i would pop on to say hi

Well he took her. He did tell them he was upset and angry, but not why. He didn't tell them how they had upset him or that they were at fault in this whole scenario, acting like children. Darcy behaved well though....wish she hadn't so they knew how much they frightened her.
    I sent Cameron with a small album I had made, so MIL rang this afternoon. Cam told me it sounded civil, but the policeman's mask of politeness comes in handy sometimes. I wasn't going to tell her I couldn't cope, but I made sure they knew we were going to counselling for our marriage so they get the hint....

I still have to go there Chirstmas eve, but Cam's working day shift so at least it's limited time. They're coming here Christmas morning.

I'd love to came and visit you Vic. Thanks for the offer. Maybe one day.....

Ooh woohoo cos we got Darc to smile with Santa!

Evening Ladies,

Kim - Glad things turned out resonably well for you!!! YAY @ Darcy smiling at Santa!!! I have an awesome one of Briley smiling!!

Well i am pretty buggered from all the stuff we did today. We cleaned the yard, cooked a massive roast dinner for family, did all the washing and a few other things. Now i am so tired. I even pushed the push mower around the yard for half an hour!!! I was buggered afterwards though.

So i am off to bed. Another working week starts tomorrow!! At least this is my last week till the holidays!!!

Hope Mums and Bubs are all well. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Ni Night!

Jodie259 Guest

gosh it's like a ghost town on the forums. everyone must be soooo busy.
    I just keep putting off all the things I have to do (ie: cleaning, ironing, bookwork etc).
    But with no-one to chat to... I might have to do some work.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Jodie

Jodie259 Guest

OMG what kind of mummy am I ???
    I was chatting to a friend on MSN and Shaun was in his walker. He was shooting around the house from one room to another. I would check on him occassionally and he was having a ball.
    Then I was saying goodbye to my friend... and there was silence in the lounge room.

So I went in there and Shaun was asleep on/in his walker!!!!

This kid has gone from one extreme to another! What is that disease where people fall asleep all the time? I think he's got it!!!

I pulled him out of his walker and put him into his cot and he is out cold. Bless his little soul.

Afternoon Ladies,

WOW quiet in here today!!! Where are you all???

Just came home from work and totally got stuck into cooking tea and cleaning!! I have never done that before!!! Must be nesting already! I cooked a tuna pasta thingy topped with garlic mashed pototo and melted cheese!!! Mmmmm Mmmmm.

Work was slow and boring. I am so over it!! At least the holidays start at the end of this week!! Ye-ha!!!

Jodie - Nah your not a bad mum!! He must have just decided he was tired all of a sudden and wanted to go to sleep. How cute!! Did you get you work done??

Anyways, I am going to eat my yummy dinner. I expect to see some more posts when i come back!! He He!

BBL

Hiya all well had ryan back at the doctors AGAIN !!!!!!! WTF is going on i wonder he has another ear infection 4th one so far so he is back on antibiotics poor little mite he has done nothing but scream all day but do you think he would sleep Noooooooo... i'm nearly at my wits end i just don't think i can take much more screaming i think i need some mummy destress time and leave him with dad and take a long hot shower
    nite every one

Ohhh poor Ryan!! I hope he is feeling better soon!! Oh and HAPPY 8 MONTHS RYAN!

Well my dinner turned out great!! Now i am off for a hot shower to soak my sore back and then bed time!! I can't wait to lie my head down on the pillow!!

Hope you are all well. Talk to you all tomorrow.

Ni Night!

thanks Sara
    and happy 7 th month little Emmerson

Jodie259 Guest

Sara/neverplan (sorry I'm shocking with names...) - thanks for saying I'm not a bad mum. I wish I got a photo - and I was sneaking past him to grab the camera... but he woke up at that moment, so I transferred him into his cot. I got a fair bit of work done. I had to go into my salon today to fix a few things up.... how's this:

I have 4 staff... one of them has worked there for over 6 years. Without telling me, she lets a 'work experience' girl come to the salon. I don't think she is working on clients - but I looked at the appointment book and the 4 staff are all "booked in" for 1 hour massages with the W/E girl - DURING WORK TIME - whilst I am paying them - and in the busiest week of our entire year!!!! Boy, was I NOT HAPPY!!! The girl who organised all of that had gone home early... so I left a message on her phone saying I'm not happy - and sent an email to the salon to emphasise my anger!

ok... vent over.

Shazz.... sorry to hear that Ryan was back at the docs again. Poor little soul. Hope he is all good for Xmas day.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast