Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born in May 2006 #20

Default Babies Born in May 2006 #20

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your old thread can be found here

Ok spoke too soon....got stuff I need to reasearch and she won't go to sleep!!!

Nearly first haha Morning Kim and Alison

Jayden has just gone down for a sleep then when he wkes up we are going dress shopping for the wedding I'm going to in Melbourne...Not sure what colour to go for but I saw a really pretty pale pink dress last night when we were out getting formula and they had a few other nice dresses too.

I am pretty much over my cold but poor Jayden still has a really snotty nose and a cough. I don't really think there is much you can do about it right?

Shazz how is Ryan going? Sorry if I missed it but have you taken him to the Dr? Probably not too much they can do if its a bug I guess.

Kim: I don't blame you for being pi$$ed off, DP is like that too but he says "why should I do it?" That makes me too angry for words!!His best though has been when I asked him to take the towels off the line and when I came home he had taken the towels off but left the washers, the bath mat, the doona cover etc of the line!!! When I asked him why he didn't get the rest off he said "You said to get the towels off so I did, I didn't know you wanted the rest off aswell!!" Grrrr

Well I better get in the shower while I can
    Have a great day girls
    oxoxox
    Last edited by Tannis; January 20th, 2007 at 09:36 AM.

Good luck getting a dress Tania! Why oh why are they so deficient like that?!?!?!
    Last edited by ~Kim~; January 20th, 2007 at 10:50 AM.

Jodie259 Guest

Kim... I can soooo relate to you "man" situation. I nearly fall over in shock if Yariv does something without being (1) asked and (2) reminded!!! Like if he takes the dishes out of the dishwasher... or even puts his dirty dishes in the dishwasher! There is no way he would do anything to do with the washing machine/line unles he was specifically instructed and given detailed description on how to peg the clothes on the line. He has two jobs... feed the animals (2 dogs & a cat) - and put the bins out each week.

Shazz... hope Ryan is feeling better. Nothing worse then little kids when they are sick.

I've had a productive week... I've been to the gym every single day - three lots of water aerobics, and one lap swim, and shauns swim class. I am totally waterlogged. But somewhere deep deep down I can feel a stomach muscle

After the discussion about sewing... I finally removed all the crap that was surrounding my machines and sewed some huge covers for the waiting seats at my salon. I've been meaning to do it for 6 months or so!!! So thank you for inspiring me!

woooohoooooo Kim i knew darcy would come round to the party and sleep all night good girl

welll guess what ???? we all have it now how lucky am i i feel terrible i hate throwing up ( thank goodness i never got morning sickness) my stomach muscles have well and truely had a work out sorry for the TMI ryan is off to the doc again today he didn't wet his nappy last night and is barely drinking although he has kept his breaky down
    poor nick is in a shocker of a place right now and has done nothing but cry and whimper ( i so want to do this toooooo) and poor DD well she is in a foul mood and has decided it is ryans fault and keeps saying she hates him awww poor little sausage they only one missing out do far is DH and he is being a pain in the ar$e reckons ryan only wants me WTF any way back to bed i just had a dry piece of toast wish me luck catch you all later

Hi guys!

just got the intiernet on at home again, so now i can come in and chat everyday, woohoo! Archie is in bed so i thought i'd catch up on some posts. are any of you ttc again or already pregnant?? we have been ttc for 3 months now, but i have been constantly stressing for the last couple of weeks about how i will cope with pregnancy/a new baby and Archie, especially on the nights that his reflux is bad. One day I can't wait to have another baby the next day i don't ever want to have another one again!!

how many of you have crawlers?? Arch is up on all fours rocking but collapses as soon as he tries to move. He just shuffles along dragging his head on the floor

hope you all hve a great weekend

Elissa23 jay30
    Archie8mths
    ttc#2

oooooo shazz you poor thing you are living my worst nightmare, i have a huge phobia of throwing up. Dh had gastro just before xmas but somehow we missed out on it, i know it will catch up with us one day though. sending you lots of get well wishes
    Elissa23 Jay30
    Archie8mths
    ttc#2
    Last edited by Lea13; January 22nd, 2007 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Double Post

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Elissa...

I'm TTC again. But trying not to stress too much about it. If it happens, it happens. Just enjoying the journey

My little man is virtually jogging on all fours! He moves about so fast... especially if the cat sits still for a few minutes. Our poor cat is being terrorised! He paw has gone into Shauns mouth many a time! He pulls himself up all the time too. He used to fall over all the time doing this... but his balance is much better now... so there have been no tumbles recently.

He is obsessed with paper too... so if we leave any papers around - they go into his mouth...

How many babies have NO teeth??? Although Shaun has had the 'teething symptoms' for months... he has no teeth. I really feel for the little man as his gums appear to be painful sometimes.

....she still won't go to sleep...and I have to put up with the ILs being here this afternoon....

Kim - thinking of you....

Jodie - we aren't stressing about the whole ttc thing this time either, probably the longer it takes the better in alot of respects. Archie has started pulling himself up as well but doesn't have great balance yet. Arch has two teeth, he got his first at 7.5 months and his 2nd at 8 months.

Elissa23 Jay30
    Archie8mths
    ttc#2

Elissa we are going to TTC later ths year, although at the moment Darcy can be a really good reason to only have 1 IYKWIM?
    Glad to see you back love!

Jodie: Well done at your motivation this week!! I have managed 1 walk from my house to PIL's which around 2.5-3km....very poor effort!! Jayden is obessed with paper too...he scrunches it and rips it and eats it hahaha oh and he loves remotes too typical male LOL. Jayden has been "teething" forever too but no sign of any teeth. Some days his gums are really white and you swear that one is coming through in the next few days....but nothing

Shazz: You poor thing!! I hate throwing up too....I hate the feeling when you realise you need to throw up and there is nothing you can do about it!! I didn't get too much MS when I was pregnant and except for twice could control the throwing up. I hope ou all get better soon!!

Welcome back Elissa. Jayden is nearly crawling properly, he is always on all 4's, 2 weeks ago he crawled 3 steps, last week he did a few more and this morning he saw our cat and just took off after her which would have been about 7 or 10 steps I think....Lucky DP was there cause the other 2 times he wasn't and he didn't believe me!! Jayden is pulling himself up on everything too...its kind of annoying because he never wants to sit down anymore....he looks so cute standing though hehe

Kim: Hope hope Darcy sleeps for you....and good luck with the IL's!!

I want to start TTC now well as of about 2 mths ago but DP has other ideas....He wants to wait until Jayden is older but he hasn't said when. I guess with the lack of help I get around here waiting might not be a bad thing hahaha hopefully we start trying later this year too.

I think I have found a dress for the wedding YAY!!!! Its black and white too hard to explain so I will have to buy it on Monday and take pics. I tried the pink one on that I saw in the window and it was gorgeous.....only it was a size 8 once upon a time that would have been just right or maybe too big but not now....I got it on and the zip done up but I sucked in so far that I wouldn't be able to breathe and I don't want to pay $90 for a dress that I can't sit down in hahaha.

Well I'm going swimming I think when DP gets home from squash so I best get ready while Jayden is still asleep.

Cya
    oxox

Kim - totally know what you mean about only having one! some nights I say to myself i will never put myself through all this again, then i wake up in the morning and want to be pregnant! its so confusing being a woman.

tannis - look forward to seeing the pics of your dress, i haven;t worn a dress since i got married!

Mum has just taken Archie for an hour, so i took the dog for a walk and now i'm enjoying peace and quiet (and some choccy bikkies).

Elissa23 jay30
    Archie8mths
    ttc#2

I'M STILL DYING
    please anyone have any suggestions on how to get my poor sick bubba to drink some fluids he is scaring me now the hospital just said to keep doing what i'm doing although instead of 4 scoops of formula drop one and hopefully that will help with the runny nappies worst part is i have NO choice but to go to owrk tomorrow omg how am i going to do it

THe chemist should have some electrolyte replacement lollipops and iceblock thingys you can freeze??? Thinking of you.

Baby_Crazy05 Guest

Hi Girls.

Widdly - we're going to start TTC again. With my PCOS though and the usual symptoms returning just before christmas, I've booked in with my gyno again (6 weeks wait!) and will have to go on clomid again i think. My dr put me back on metformin again, but I'm totally hopeless at swallowing tablets and to me they are HUGE! (the pill is about my limit ... i know, i'm hopeless). If I manage to get it down, it takes me like a whole glass or two to do it - worse if the tablet starts falling apart and you can taste it! ewww

Lea - with uni courses - if the uni you're at also offers midwifery, once you're there you then have the option to swap courses - e.g. I went to CSU and swapped courses a couple of times. Just had to fill out a 1 page form and wait for approval (which is usually pretty quick). If you do that, you just have to make sure you get the form in before the HECS cut-off date otherwise you end up having to pay for the subjects in the other course you started as well as the new subjects.

We don't think Jovi will be far off walking ... she's started this thing this week where she'll pull up on to a chair, steady herself then just let go. She can usually just stand there for like 30 seconds! She's quick enough crawling, let alone when she starts walking and running!

I wish we could afford me being at home at least part time. Aside from the fact that I would be able to catch up on some sleep (and decent sleep that doesn't involve me half hanging out of the bed with no sheets cos scott and jovi take up the rest of it and waking up so sore!) I feel like sometimes I'm missing out on so much.

Jovi is soooo daddy's little girl and sometimes if she hurts herself, or whatever scott has this tone or look that makes me feel like i'm a bad parent ... a hole ... lol ... no ... you know what ... jovi has him wrapped so tight around her little finger! she only has to wimper and he'll pick her up whereas I'll let her cry for a little while (doesn't even get to 1 minute and he starts yelling at me to pick her up!). He wonders why I get the s&its with him ... lack of sleep combined with this "all knowing" that he has going on ... don't tick me off! lol

I think if we end up having another one soon, I might talk to him about him getting a job for at least 6 months so I can take maternity leave at half pay (which works out at 6 months off with pay, but half pay) and spend a lot more time with jovi and a new bub ... that would be nice! Even if that could continue for another 6 months after that so I could go back to work parttime for a while ... def. something to think about.

Anyway ... I think she's stirring again and I prob should go to bed.

Cya!

Morning all.

Well driving by myself is MUCH better than with DH in the car. So much more relaxing, esp when I can have my music on..... Michael Buble is great driving music, and of course U2.

Two weeks till I go back to work. Katy is booked in for DC three days from 31/1, but with only one car at the moment we'll have to try and work it out. I am starting to get nervous about it all, and am spending as much time with Katy as I can. Some days I get teary and feel guilty, but I know deep down it will all work out. I need to have my ME time.

Kaitlyn is still commando crawling but sometimes tries to get on all fours. I don't think it will be long. Poor thing has such bad carpet burn on her knees but it's way too hot for long pants. She is waving at everyone now, and we've taught her to clap and put her arms up 'hooray'. I think this morning after her breakfast she put one hand up and said 'gone'. She's definately turning into a full of beans, happy little girl. She'll be a real charmer at DC.

We have another tooth coming, top left, and so it's broken nights again, but all in all she sleeps well - usually 12 hours.

Kaitlyn is also a daddys girl. Sometimes she is whingy and does not want to sit with me but one sight of daddy and it's all smiles, and the hands go up for daddy, pick me up, pick me up.

Vic I wish I lived closer, I'd take the kids off you for a while so you can have some YOU time. I can't imagine it with 4 - 1 is hard enough. You are definately an inspiration and a SUPERMUM.

Best be off. People coming over for lunch, and need to get out of my jarmies, vacuum, mop, bake a cake, and the list goes on.

Have a good day and I'll check in later.

neverplan - i only have 1 bub and i still feel like i don't wanna be a mum sometimes, some days it just feels extremely lonely and boring. After 4 bubs my DH would be getting the snip too!lol

babycrazy - i'm terribly with big tablets too, its gross.

Archie went from his tummy to sitting up all by himself last night!Another first, they come thick and fast from 5 months dont they?! He is also starting to hold his own bottle. i better write this in his baby book or i'll forget by next week.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast