Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #22

hiya kim are you going to be on msn at all tonight ???

hi everyone

lea - it sounds like you are doing an awesome job juggling Em, work and uni, a huge pat ont he back to you!

kim - ur not the only bad mother, for about a week Archie had a swollen eye every day from being so clumsy, thankfully he is gettting a bit less clumsy now...hope you have a good nights rest tonight!

i had the car today, usually DH takes it to wok, so it was a bit of a novelty to be ablet o just leave the house whenever i wanted to, i can't believe how much difference it makes to my confidence and mood to just get out during the day! We are now planning on getting a second car for DH to use as a work car, woohoo freedom at last!!!

Hi Vic oooooh so jealous photo shop course i would love to do that ... Ryan is gaining more and more confidence every day he has now learnt that if he pushes things over to the lounge and then he can use them to climb higher and higher oh lucky me and he literally tries to run everywhere wheres the cement shoes when you need them

Parent teacher thing went OK, glad its over though! Had a terrible day but I'll go ino it in the morning. Kim I hope you are sleeping now, I would prob. commit a crime with a deadly weapon if I hadn't slept for that long.
    Vic- hate those fake teacher voices, usually its only older teachers that do it, I used to put one on to amuse my Yr6s when kindies came into the room!
    Absolutely wrecked so going to bed now, BB in the morning.

just popping in to say hi.

"HI"

Off to hang a load of washing, get lunches ready and go to bed

For doing nothing all day I sure am tired LOL!

Tomorrow Em is in CC again I'm not happy with the third day a week. Not only is it costing me more but it was extra time I didn't want to spend away from him. Oh well I suppose it will be worth in in the long run.

Kim ~ OMG @ Darcy giving you a fat lip and her a bruise! That was one hard hit lol!

Shazz ~ Awwww @ the climbing Ryan!! How cute!!

Leanne ~ HI!

Christine ~ Glad to hear it went well!

Vic ~ You crack me up girl I must remember to never use that voice. Glad to hear you are enjoying the photoshop class. I am jealous of that as well! Uni is about a 25 minute drive for me. I forgot how much I hate peak hour traffic! I must remember to take the back way from now on!!

Elissa ~ That is fantastic news about getting a second car! I have to admit I couldn't live without my car! I'd go nuts!!

I thought I would just quickly post before going to watch Prison Break. I could iron whilst I watch TV or I could do the dishes in the ads and tidy up BUT I'm going to continue the laziness and do nothing at all LOL.

Night girls!

I need some expert motherly advice.

We've been invited to a wedding at the end of April which is nearly a 2 hour drive away from here. Katy of course has not been invited. What do you do.... do you go and get someone to look after her for the Saturday night, or do you send your apologies? It's one of my DH's cousins getting married, who we see maybe once or twice a year at family gatherings at the most.

I am of two minds about it.

Hi Girls….This must be a record for me being able to get on the computer so often lately!! I must be managing my time better haha. Jayden’s check up yesterday went well, he is now 9.75kg and 71cm tall.

Karen: That is great that you have more time, unfortunately we are a very unorganized too. Chris and I have been engaged for OMG I can’t even remember how long LOL but neither of us can be bothered organizing the wedding!! I have almost given up hope with Jayden’s teeth too…..all his school photos will have his gummy smile haha. I always wanted a girl for the shopping side of things but I am having fun with shopping for a boy…the only thing is he won’t have the same appreciation of shopping as I do when he gets older haha

Sara: I hope Uni eases up for you!! A few of my friends who are PG with their 2nd have all said their MS is worse this time round compared to the first, I wonder why that is…..maybe because your more run down with having another one to look after?? The first time round you could rest when you needed to….I’ll have to wait my turn to find out haha. I hope the MS gets better soon though!

Elissa: I’m always shopping and finding great bargains…. I can’t say no haha but I have decided that no matter how great the sale is I have to learn to save so I can get the bigger house and not have to work etc……I think if I didn’t shop as much while I was on leave I wouldn’t have had to go back so early haha. Good luck with TTC, I hope it doesn’t take too long!! Yay on getting another car…..I was without a car for 3 mths when I first moved to Bundy and Chris was still in Melb…..it drove me insane, every day I was on the phone to him to get him to put money in my account so I could buy one haha

Kim: Funny you mention thrush because that is exactly what the CHN said it could be (she wasn’t 100%). It had calmed down a little but he has had it for about a week I think so I went and got some cream. They didn’t have Hydrozole, so she gave me Daktozin which she said was the only baby specific one they carry. We’ll give it a go and if not I’ll look around town for Hydrozole. We checked his mouth which seemed to be all clear

Christine: “Meet the teacher” night doesn’t seem so fun….do many parents turn up? Do you have to talk for 40mins or is that including if parents have questions etc….do you get interval? Hahaha

Nat: Jayden’s site nearly expired but I changed a photo to keep it going but I still have to update all his photos. The learning system I got is meant from 6mth-36mths but with paper pages I think it’s a bit pointless at his age….its good for story time though. Its amazing how we learn to cope with a busy schedule. I thought I could never handle FT work and Jayden and although its hard again since I got back from holidays I know I will be able to cope because I have to. Have fun watching PB and relaxing….sounds like you deserve it!!

Vic: I don’t think I would take her either, way too many kids….could you imagine the noise? How far away from Buderim are you? We went to some fish n chip shop near underwater world are you near there?

Shazz: Good luck with a climber…..I’m hoping Jayden doesn’t figure he can do that haha

Leanne: Personally I wouldn’t go if its someone you don’t really see often. Unless you want to have a baby free night of course. The wedding we went to, Jayden was invited and he was an angel all night esp during the ceremony (thank god!!) One of my friends however wanted a baby free night (her daughter is 5mths old), not sure who she left her with though. Basically depends if you want Katy to have a sleep over or not

OMG its nearly 10pm…I better go to bed!! Any other updates I’ll do tomorrow and hi to everyone I missed.

Nighty night
    oxoxox

Morning

Jayden is having a sleep in this morning so I can get ready for work...(and play on the computer hehe)

Vic: I can't PM you cause I'm not a paid member, but next time we are down that way (which hopefully won't be long) I'll catch you on MSN or something.

Oh spoke too soon, he is awake and playing in his cot. I won an activity table just before xmas and the top comes off and attaches to the side of the cot.....He absolutley loves it but it doesn't distract him from sleeping either.

Ok better get him up and get us both ready.........Have a great day
    oxoxoxox

morning all
    Tania ~ i wish Ryan would play peacfully in his cot but my social little butterfly thinks he'll miss out on something if he doesn't get out NOW .........
    off to MCHN today hopefully to get some tips for his sleeping woes

Hallelujah Hallelujah I got a whole nights sleep from about 10.30! Well bar worrying abot where DH was from midnight when he's sposed to get home to 3am when he did come home....but Darcy didn't even wake up until 7.45!

Got her weighed this morning and she's still only 8.4kg, but is 74cm long. I'm a bit cross with myself for doubting myself about feeding her. I was worried I'd have to go to formula even though I didn't want to cos she was so fussy, but the MCHN said that by this stage most babies only have three sometimes less feeds a day. As long as she has water she'll be fine. So that's what I'm going to do. I was killing myself trying to make her have the four feeds so I feel heaps better. Why do we as mums doubt ourselves???

Elissa - hope your TTCing is going well :P That's great news about your car. Like Nat, I don't know what I'd do without mine.

Christine - good to hear it wasn't too bad. I've always sworn I wasn't going to be one of 'those' wierd parents. You've affirmed it. My mum was always so cool I hope I can be like that.

Vic - right Garnier Fructis - any particular type (I mean treatment etc)? Glad your course is good. Add me to the envious lot. I had a look after you mentioned it, but it's ages away from me.

Shazz - sorry bout last night. I just about passed out from tiredness (after the big awake stint I only got an hour's sleep and then was up all day) about two seconds after I posted. I've got a climber too, only she can't balance on her own yet lol so we have a few disasters. Goodness knows what she'll be like when she's walking - RYAN DO NOT PASS THOSE TRICKS ONTO DARCY!!!

Nat - how come you had to put him in a third day? Thought you were only at uni two days.

Tania - hope Jayden's bottom's better. I use Daktarin for her mouth and it's great.

Oh Nat, I forogt. Yep I did make the shopping trolley thing, and it does the job, but it doesn't fit properly. I'm going to try and figure out a pattern.

Today I finally had the fan that was bought for us the year before last for Christmas installed....if I waited for my husband to do anything imagine what my life would be like

Kim ~ Nice work with the trolley cover. I saw a really cool one the other day that was padded and everything! I had to book the third day to cover my teaching pracs for the 6 weeks I do them. I wasn't overly happy as I have to start him now otherwise I don't have a place. I would have found other temporary care but as it turns out next semester I have a full Thursday so I thought I might as well book it. YAY for getting the fan installed! You're right 3 feeds is more then enough! Its so easy to doubt yourself though.

Shazz ~ Goodluck getting those sleeping tips!

Tania ~ It is amazing how we all manage to cope with our various challenges & schedules!

Leanne ~ What everyone else said. It all depends on what you're comfortable with.

Well what a day. I ended up picking Em up from CC because he did an almighty vomit and diarrhea. I took him straight to the Drs and if he hasn't stopped with the bad nappies and vomiting by tomorrow they want to admit him. He is already slightly dehydrated and they recommended hydrolite which the little buggar won't drink. I'm feeling like a horrible mum for neglecting this for so long - seeing as he started throwing up last Friday & hasn't had a normal nappy since. I honestly just thought it was gastro & would pass There was also mention of e-coli as well seeing as there is an outbreak in SA right now. I highly doubt it. In fact I'm sure he'll be fine by tomorrow right?? Geeze I feel bad right now He honestly seemed fine.

Nat ~ don't beat your self up i did the exact same thing not long ago will em suck on ice blocks if so you can get hydrolite in ice block form or if all else fails like it did with Ryan get a syringe ( no needle ) and just squrt it down his throat ( thats the i'm so sorry for being the nasty mummy .... but it for a good cause ...we don't want you to go to hospital ) hope his feeling better soon
    Kim ~ no worries sleep is so so so much more important then chatting on msn glad miss darcy let you get some sleep but norty Cam for making you worry

hi every one else

took ryan to the MCHN what a joke is the answer to lack of sleep - controlled crying ???? i just can't do it it breaks my heart to hear him scream like that and i don't care if i''ll be up for the next 4 years if it means my baby isn't hysterical
    ETA lol ( well i do care if i have to be up that s a fib but there has to be a better way )

Evening girls,

Just letting you all know that i will probably MIA around here for the next few days. Brent and i are having some major issues and it looks as though we might go our own ways. I am staying at mums at the moment. I have come home tonight to get a few more things while brent is in town on the pi**. I feel terrible and as if my heart is going to tear into 2. I will be fine. I hope.

Briley is well. She is absolutely oblivious to whats happening thank god. But i understand and i hurt for her. Still no teeth or crawling. All in good time.

Sorry for the lack of personals. I am really not feeling crash hot. I will be back on in a couple of days to let you know how i am.

Hope you are all well. Massive big bear hugs to all.

Talk soon.

sara ~ i myself have been through something very similar and my heart is acheing with yours huge hugs for you and Briley please take care and let us know how your going email me if you want to talk and i can get on msn hang in there

OMG Sara, hugs to you, I hope you can work it out, its such a hard time with a baby. All the people who think a baby will bring you closer together don't realise that nothing can tear you as far apart either. My first husband walked out on me when Jess was 2 yrs old, I do understand where you are right now and I sympathise, its a hard road but it does get easier believe me.
    Haven't much time to type tonight but please know I am thinking about you Sara and Shazz.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast