Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #22

Fine, I'll chat to myself.

Went back to the gym today! Woohoo. Feel better for it to. Got 2 weeks until I'm a bridesmaid....reckon I can get rid of back fat by then??? Probably left my run too late I think.

The words for the day are 'duck' and rrrrrrraaaarrrrr!!!! (Like a tiger). We may not have any teeth, but we got words coming thick and fast. (Proud mummy)

Yay for Darcy!! She'll be a little chatterbox in no time hehehe. GL trying to lose the extra kgs....you'll get there you don't have that much to lose do you?

MIL has to stay another night as one of her blood tests came back a bit elevated they said. They have her a needle in her belly to thin her blood. She looks fine and said she felt fine but I guess the hospital has to cover all bases.

Jayden went to the zoo for the first time today, he didn't care too much except he loved the emu. Our zoo conisists of birds (****atoos, parrots etc),2 emus, 4 wallabies (that i could see), turkeys and heaps of chickens and ducks there are some pea****s that come and go and some frill neck lizards that hang around too. They used to have some deer but I don't know where they went (probably died of boredom in there tiny enclosure). So its a very sad zoo but its all we've got hahaha.

Well Jayden's asleep so I can watch Lost and maybe have a nap...I need to do some grocery shopping but might be too tempting to do "other" shopping hehe

Have a good afternoon
    oxoxoxox

Tehe Vic is he blowing bubbles? Only joking. Glad he's ok. Darcy has managed to eat 2 flies and a ****roach wing this week....all comes out.

Erin and her friend Josh used to get into the bin when they were about 13 months old, I once found them chewing on used tea bags! I think it builds up their immunity LOL, but maybe I'm just a bad mother.

Totally agree. (about the immunity, not the bad mother bit)
    Last edited by ~Kim~; February 24th, 2007 at 08:35 PM.

Hi ladies.
    Need your help.
    Katy seems to be sick again (still??). She's had the runs since yesterday.

Her top two teeth look like they are about to crack, but after reading all the posts is it actually teething?!!! She won't eat or drink much and everytime she coughs out it comes from the other end. I think I have changed her 20 times today.

I think she might have caught something else from 'school'. Three different sicknesses in as many weeks? surely not
    Doctor?

Evening Ladies!

Em seems to be alright now. There has been no more diarrhea or vomiting though he is still on milk only for now. But heís been as happy as larry which is good. We have a follow up appointment Monday morning to make sure heís okay and so he can get cleared for childcare!

Elissa ~ I should have got the icy poles LOL. I didnít think he would have them at the time but I could have feed them to him Ė silly me! I will remember that for next time though. As he hated the gastrolyte and wouldnít have a bar of it. LOL @ your stroller addiction. Wow at your emergency experience! How scary!

Vic
    ~ OMG at the washing powder debacle! It sounds hilarious!!

Leanne ~ Iíd get that checked out. It sounds as though sheís loosing more fluids then she is taking in. Is she lethargic at all or like normal? I canít believe sheís sick again the poor little thing. Try and get some hydrolyte into her Ė can you tell Iím an expert at this now haha!!!

Kim ~ Darcy sounds so smart with her words! Em is still stuck on Mum and Dad. But he does occasionally chuck in bub & nan as well other inane chatter! DP is good. He was great on Friday and left work to come with us and did food runs etc. Actually we had lots of time to talk and had some interesting conversations. Things are looking up I must say! YAY for getting to the gym too!

Tania ~ Yep my poor poor carpet. Its still there and Iím not sure what to do. I think Iíll borrow my parents vax and hopefully that will get it out. We were in emergency from about 1 till 9.30. So a long afternoon. We didnít go to the local hospital as they wanted as to go to the bigger one because of the peads. YAY for Jayden cutting his first tooth! You must be so excited!!! I hope your MIL is feeling okay.

Hi to everyone else!!

Just thought I'd pop in and post before I head to bed. I am working all day tomorrow so I probably won't get on. I am going to buy a new nappy bag tomorrow. I'm very excited about it. Its the same brand as the one I've got but its more like a handbag so it will be great for my every day runs etc. My big bulky one just annoys me now - unless I'm out for the whole day or something.

Alright I better head to bed... actually I better do those dishes and then head to bed!!

Vic: Chris would be yelling at me too but itís a different story when they forget to do something or not put something away. My excuse is that I am too busy and I have a million things going on in my head so if I forget to shut a door or put something away well he can just do it if he has a problem with it LOL

Leanne: Sounds similar to what Em has (??) Is she vomiting as well or just the runs? It may be worth a trip to the docs just to be on the safe side. Its so hard with babies because they canít tell you, one hand you donít want to be an overreacting parent but you donít want them to be in pain or upset either.

Kim: Ewww flies and ****roach wings!! Our friends daughter(11mths) was caught eating kitty litter (used) and had a massive moth in her mouth with half of it hanging out hahaÖÖit didnít harm herÖ.so yucky though haha.

While we were visiting MIL this morning and she was saying how she wants to go home, I said to her that they wonít let her because they have to cover their bases so they donít get sued for negligence or something in case she has a heart attack when she got homeÖ..Well as it turns out, she didnít just choke and lost her breathe last night, she actually did have a mild heart attack!!! We had no idea when I said my commentÖÖBut I think it has really scared her now!! We went there tonight too and she isnít allowed out of bed at all and even if she needs to pee, she has to call a nurse because she isnít allowed to go by herself!! So scarey. They may be flying her to Brisbane for more tests.

Well Iím off to bed gotta go to the markets tomorrow and I still have grocery shopping to do because Chris took my car with the baby seat this arve and got back too late!!!

Nighty night mummies and bubbies
    oxoxox

The poopies have stopped and there was not vomiting at all. She's taking her bottles and nappies are still wet so I don't think she's dehydrated.

This morning she has a cough (sounds dry and sore, not phlemmy), and her nose is running like nothing else, so I think we now just have a cold. Poor little mite. I have still got the cold and my throat's sore too now so I am keeping her home for the moment. We've been to the doctor twice in as many weeks, so I am going to try and get her squeezed in at my GP tomorrow. He's known me for nearly 20 years, so really the only one I trust these days.
    She's sleeping again. Was sleeping most of the day yesterday, in between bottles. We'll see how she goes.
    I was reading in my "Kaz Cooke - Kid Wrangling" book that a sign of dehydration is a sunken fontanelle. How sunken does anyone know, and how do you really check. Katy has a LOT of hair now..... Probably a silly question - brain's foggy these days.

Hi all, just thought I would pop in and say a quick hi. Seems I only ever have time to do forum stuff on the weekends. Sorry for the lack of personals, its just so hard when its a week in between visits.

Work has improved. The kids are starting to settle down and behave. Its been hard work up until now, but I am getting somewhere with them. Atleast I am not talking of quitting anymore

Cooper is going really well. In the last week he has learnt to sit himself up and was pulling himself up onto his knees. Yesterday he worked out how to stand so is now pulling himself to a standing position on everything!!!!! He is still commando crawling, I dont think he will ever crawl on all fours, and has 2 teeth now. So all is good with us.

I will be back as soon as I can. Have a good week everyone.

Bye for now,

good morning all
    alison ~ good to hear things are on the up and up at work and yay cooper he'll be off and running before you no it

just a question has anyone heard from Kellie we haven't had any post for such a long time hope every thing is going well for them

Leanne- you can tell if a child is dehydrated by pinching some skin on the hand or arm up between your fingers and if it stays up they are dehydrated. (Kim- you're the nurse, thats right isn't it?) Unfortunately when kids start cc they are suddenly exposed to millions of different germs and do get sick a lot. When I first started teaching I got sick all the time but now I have fantastic immunity. Riley's immunity is quite good (touch wood) cause he has older sisters who have been bringing home germs from school since he was tiny. He got a cold at about 3 months from one of the girls but seems very tough now.
    Alison- glad your class is getting better, mine can nearly walk in 2 straight lines now!!! Some of them may even read one day LOL.
    Nat- glad Em is better, that must've been worrying and stressful but good you got to chat to DP, sometimes it seems like you never get to talk these days doesn't it? We have a 4th year uni student on prac at the moment at school, it made me thogt of you- although he is 24 and has 2 kids. I think its great having mature age students, I think teachers who have kids of thei own generally are more compassionate and understanding.
    Vic- do you have control of the P&C yet? I managed to get a class mother (sort of contact/liason person between me and parents) who isn't the really pushy PITA one, so I am happy. The PITA picks me up on every little thing eg "Oh, arent we starting home reading today?" " Haven't we got homweork this week?" "juST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOUR DOORS ARE LOCKED" IGNORE caps just noticed that Riley has helped me by putting caps lock on! Am typing one handed and badly at that lol.
    bbl RilEay QAq`HELPING TOO MUS C HX

Funny you mention that Shazz, I was thinking that the other week.

Leanne, I've sent you an email.

Good to hearNat.Haveanice easyday.

Well I'm a single parent for the next 2 weeks. DH has gone to the Accademy to do a course. I've done more this morning than I ever can with DH aorund and now the Dragon's sleeping soundly.

Hey Tania, is your TMX Elmo working? Ours isn't andI'm wonderingif its a generally worn out thing or something wrong. (He's had two new sets of batteries)

PS my space bar's playingsilly buggars again - sorry

Kim - I sent you an email back.......

BBL everyone.

Going to be MIA for a few days ladies. Have to go and stay at Mum's until my owrking week is over. See you Wednesday.

Have a good couple of days, hope Darcy is good for your mum.

talk to you wednesday Kim hope Darcy does some sleeping for you

I did some research and apparently the side effects of Dimetapp and Bricanyl is diarrhoea. So I go down to the chemist to ask for something for her cold that won't gve her the runs and they say "it's a conincidence, it must be gastro". So now she is on a baby form of gastrolite, and the pharmacist suggested she only take this (not even bottles) for the next 24 hours.

What do you think??

I phoned the medical centre a there was a five hour wait. Only one doctor on on a sunday how bloomin stupid. I asked if they could get Katy's card out and I come down in a few hours, making sure to note that she is only going on 10 months and I am changing her nappy now every 1/2 hour. The receptionist was so rude, and said no you have to sit here like everyone else.. I said forget it, have a nice day.... and hung up. Boy that ticked me off. I should have gone and changed her poohy stinky nappies on the reception desk. I know it's not her fault, but boy she sounded like a b#tch

My DH is at work today and I am trying to get everything done before work tomorrow. There's four big baskets of washing, still not caught up on last week.
    I put a big scratch on my new car trying to reverse out of the garage, so I am not happy. I phone DH and told him I am not parking in the garage EVER.

My SIL's father passed away yesterday. I can't stop thinking about them. I want to be there to help, but don't want to invade their greiving space. What do you do? I am thinking of dropping in some meals for them, as they have a 5 month old themselves. So sad.

Sorry for the vent, terrible day. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. Feel I need a weekend to get over the weekend IYKWIM.

Anyway enough ranting from me, guess I should get the ironing started UGH.

Oh BTW Nat, did you get the stain out of the carpet? If so, how? Katy did a nudie crawl earlier when changing her nappy and we now have a stripe right across the lounge room floor. LOVELY....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast