Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #24

Jodie259 Guest

Happy Birthday Kim !!! Congrats on TTC.

Sara.... I was really concerned that Brent was stuck in all that hurricane (?) over in WA. I kept checking on your posts, so I'm guessing he's okay. And congrats on getting 1/2 way. That has gone so fast.

Hey Christine... I cut Shaun's hair the other night because his fringe was in his eyes. I've tried to trim it before with much resistance.... so I decided to do it while he was asleep!!! It was the best way to do it! He was pretty drowsy, and I did it in the dark - but it's a huge improvement!

Leanne ~ I havenít had crunchy nut in AGES! ATM Iím back on Mini Wheats lol.

Christine
    ~ OMG @ your DH giving him a no. 2??!?!!? I would have gone nuts lol. Iím trying not to cut Emís hair even though he desperately needs it Ė its growing over his ears and is starting to look like a mullet pmsl. I canít wait to see your new ticker and photo though!! YAY for a childfree dinner. I hope you enjoyed it!

Vic ~ I was just thinking that the other night Ė I hope all his teeth donít cause this kind of ruckus! I havenít been able to study for days lol! I get ridiculously clucky over babies still lol.

Kim ~ I know Ė an actual tooth. Who would believe it!?!!? It sounds like you had a huge weekend!!! I hope youíre enjoying Tassie and had a great birthday!

Sara
    ~ I am glad that you are excited and happy to be having Brent home soon! :eek: over chemistry. I would be the same!! Things are going well my end. Its all easy to understand so far Ė just a heavy work load which is to be expected considering there are no exams. I hope you enjoyed your cleaning lol.

Shazz ~ Iím so glad to hear that Ryan is feeling better. How cute of him walking into CC!!! I know what you mean about the ticker as wellÖ

I have been so busy! Iíve barely got any study done either Ė mostly my own fault I guess. Bad time management and a busy social life combined with a teething baby has done me no good lol. And weíre flat out this week as well - tomorrow we have the Raggs concert, Thursday study group and then Friday the car is being serviced and I have to do the food shopping at some point!! And my first major assignment is due in 2 weeks. My head is spinning lolÖ

hay i have remembered my logon!
    so now I can post from work.....at lunch etc.
    Happy Days!
    Have a goodone girls.

OMG Leanne I am so sorry for not getting back to you on that one...

I remember thinking what I was going to reply and I never did. In fact you've just reminded me I've got a few things to chase up!

So so sorry!!!

Afternoon Girls!

Just poppin in quickly. Brent got home fine. I had to miss another lecture to pick him up but oh well! One of the girls i sit with has taken notes for me!

So yeah we are just chillin at home now. He put Briley to sleep for me and asked quite shyly...."so bub, you want some lovin?!?!?!" Sorry if TMI girls!!! I was just quite shocked! He has'nt been that eager in a while! Had to brag!

I brought Briley a high chair the other day. $100 from Toys ' R ' Us. Its a good one too. Fisher and Price. I did'nt want to run round looking from place to place for a cheap one and this was reduced from $300 so i just grabbed it! Got wheels and everything!!

Briley is crawling like a champ now! She get into our cupboards on the t.v. cabinet and when we say "NO!!!" she starts bawling!!! Little rat. I only mention this cause she is out there screaming now cause Brento told her no!

Still no teeth. I think they might be only their merry way though. She has been pulling at her ears and hair for a few days now. She only gets really grizzly in the arvo's though. I was thinking/praying its not an ear infection. Have to wait and see how bad it gets i guess.

Anyhoo....better cook some dinner for us all.

Hope you are all well. Sorry for the lack of personals. Tomorrow!

Wow Sara that's a bargain high chair. Well done.

Kaitlyn pulls at her ear and plays with her hair when she is tired. It's a tired sign we have only just realised. It must be a new one.

Well we cracked our fourth tooth tonight - after much screaming and tears - but it's there. I can see it. So that's two top and two bottom. I am glad I was here to comfort her.

Nat - no need to apologise - all is good. I was just so excited I actually remembered something!.....

Anyway, off to bed for me. Have been up since 4am - woke in a coughing fit (can't shake this cold), and Katy heard me at about 1/2 past and thought it was play time. I figured ah got to get up in an hour, so I got her ready for school. And we were still running a little behind schedule. FAR OUT....

Hallo to everyone else...
    Speak tomorrow.
    L.

Its been quiet in here lol.

Sara That is great news that Brent is back and you both seem happy to see each other lol. It must be a relief to have someone around the house to help you out again as well. What a bargain with the high chair - it sounds great. I just got a booster chair in the end because of space and money reasons but sometimes I wish I'd gotten a proper highchair just for the wheels! I hope she doesn't have an ear infection!!

Leanne Whoo hoo for Katy's 4th tooth!!! I'm glad you remembered the password ! Buggar at being up so early as well.

I might have to go and cuddle Em to sleep. He fell asleep at my mums place and woke up about 10 minutes after I put him down to sleep here.... hopefully he just goes to sleep as I need to study!!

Hi to everyone else!!!

Hi girls, got to be quick as I have to get Jess to the doctors but wanted to say hi.
    Leanne- wow 4 teeth! Riley is getting one I am sure because he keeps having one red cheek and is even worse at night than usual.
    Sara- glad Brent is home and you seem happy PMSL at the "lovin", men!! Daniel always says wistfully "remember when we used to do it?". (Yeah and remember when I got more than 2 hours sleep in a stretch????)
    Nat- gosh your course sounds full on, I have thought of some drama games if you still need them, I can email them to you. There is a good Mem Fox book ( a few years old) called How to teach drama without really crying!
    Riley crawled backwards properly yesterday!!! he seemed surprised he had gone backwards not forwards! This morning he got across the room somehow and I looked up and he was up on his knees at the coffee table reaching to get the remote!

Ah the remote...... What is it with little ones and remotes? Katy loves calculators.... So we let her play with an old one.

BBL ladies. have a good one.

Afternoon Ladies!

Leanne - Yeah i thought i did quite well too! Esp for the price reduction!

Briley loves the remotes too. But is totally obsessed with the phone!! Whenever she see's it she makes a bee line for it!

Nat - It is def good to have him back to help with Briley. And too have someone to talk too at home!!

BTW - I started my assignment!!! Power was off when i got home from uni this morning so i thought i may aswell make a start! Glad i did though. Kinda got me a little more motivated!

Jodie - Sorry i did'nt get back to you earlier! Brent is fine. He is still in QLD when he goes away. Just way out near the NT border. No-where near the cyclones but. He said they get big thunderstorms out there most night though.

Christine - Dont worry it will only be a one off thing! Till he goes back anyways! He normally the one who always pulls the.."i'm tired!" stuff! Its normally me who's asking for it!!!

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all well!

Not much on today. Was going to get stuck into the yard again but it pi**ed down rain lastnight and its still very overcast today so i'll have to wait till the weekend.

Go for my scan tomorrow. Can't wait too see bubba and make sure everything is ok. I so wanna know if we are having a boy or not but i am not going to find out. I want to wait!!

Have a great day ladies!

Heya Girls!

I've had such a busy day and I'm just about to do the grocery shopping. I was going to do it tomorrow afternoon but we had a change of plans so I'm doing it tonight. I just have Em in the bath as he was quite dirty from CC lol.

Sara ~ Whoo hoo for starting your assignment!!! We had a study group today for our group assignment which definitely has me more motivated. I love feeling motivated - whether its for study or cleaning or whatever I think its a great feeling! I don't know how you resist finding out the sex - I am shocking for stuff like that lol.

Christine ~ I would LOVE those drama games! That would be fantastic. Do you know my email? LOL @ Riley crawling backwards!! Thats cute! And where's your new photo and ticker??! I want to see that bald little baby lol!! I will look for that book as well. I like Mem Fox Thanks so much for your help!

Leanne ~ Em loves the remotes and the calculator as well. Must be all those buttons and the fact that we use them as well I think.

Alrighty I better get going if I want to get the shopping done and be back at a respectable hour. Not to mention I'm starving and I've decided to shout myself dinner lol! I hope you all have wonderful Thursday nights!

I am getting a new ticker on sunday I promise ! DH has gone away for a boys motorcycling weekend and taken the video and still camera and I haven't taken any photos of Rileys new hair cause I'm still getting used to it. Most people like it, he just looks more like a boy and less like a baby. He crawled a tiny bit forward yesterday according to my dad (bit biased not too reliable LOL) He is definitely on the move and I'd say a tooth is too cause he has had the red cheek again and took ages to get to sleep and was really upset- I gave him panadol and bonjela to settle him eventually.
    On wed. Jess went to a Barista course in Glebe with school and it was so funny cause she never drinks coffee or tea or coke so isn't used to caffeine and they gave them the coffees they'd made to try so in a day she had a latte, a mocha and 2 shots of espresso!! Needless to say she was up til 2am!!!! But the best bit was she used all her caffeine induced energy to clean the house!!!!! I got up the next morning and it was like my wildest dreams come true, the house had been miraculously cleaned in the middle of the night while I slept!! DH says we should hype her on coffee regularly!
    OMG just saw the time, I am doing a casual day on yr 3 &4 today so I had better get ready. Personals tonight.

sara ~ hope your scan is wonderful maybe bub will want to show you all his/her bits and pieces without any mistaking what gender he/she is

Evening ladies!

Well the scan went well. Baby is everthing it should be. It was amazing to finally see the person thats growing inside me. It was awake the most of the scan and we saw some amazing things! At first s/he waved at us then was sucking on their thumb. Then s/he was playing with their fingers and chin. Briley did'nt do any of that so it was amazing to see.

Dates were all the same. Due 3'rd August! I have a feeling this one might come early though. Will have to wait and see i guess!

They asked if we wanted to know the sex and we both (suprisingly) said no! We def would have been able to find out if we wanted to. The baby was laying in the perfect position to see a hmm hmmm or a doodle!!! I was to caught up in seeing the baby doing all those wonderful things to even care.

We got a dvd and 2 photos but they are'nt very good. The placenta was in the way so she could'nt get any good pics of the face. She took 2 photos and gave us them for free but we had to pay for the dvd. I thought this was very generous!

Well not much planned for the weekend. I am going to try and rest cause i am buggered. I think i might be getting a chest infection too. I started coughing thismorning and i can feel how tight and dry my chest feels. Not good!

Already having "issues" with Brent. Shame really cause things were running so smoothly. Cut a long story short. Brent got paid today and went stupid and brought himself a $270 worth of music stuff, a $170 Cowboys jersey and various other stupid things. It all came to $600 anyhow. He does'nt get paid for his time at home which sux and on that week we have to take the next weeks house and bill paying payments out which come to $660. So because of that Briley and I are not going to have any money left when he goes back next week. MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, Hope you are all well.

Gosh men cost a lot to run don't they??? Daniel has just taken $400 to go away for the weekend and I had to work extra to get it.
    Bored tonight, Daniel is away, Erin at a friends for a sleepover and Jess out with friends. At least Jess and her friends are coming home tonight, they are having a sleepover but I don't think there'll be much sleep. her frinds are so funny they go all gooey over Riley. One of them keeps saying how she can't wait to have a baby (I was "hold on you're only 15, its not that much fun" I also offered to wake her every time Riley does during the night)
    Glad bubby was good Sara, you are very strong not to ask the sex. Did they do the 3D photos?
    Nat- will email you drama games tomorrow.
    Hope everyone else is OK, talk to you tomorrow.

Okay I'm just gonna post quickly before I go to bed as I'm super tired! (There will be no reading before bed now lol).

Christine ~ Thanks for the games I really appreciate it! Whoo hoo for the new ticker coming - even DP wants to see it now! PMSL @ Jess and the caffeine lol! That is funny!

Sara ~ **** @ how much he spent! That is insane!!:grrr: Can't he take some of the stuff back. I'm so glad to hear that the scan went well though. Good on ya for holding out on finding out the sex though. We will definitely find out again the second time around though I think we might try and keep it a secret perhaps... who knows!

Hi to everyone else and their bubbas!

I have made the decision to switch to cloth nappies and I've spent the last week or so investigating MCN's lol. Its all rather exciting (they are so cute!!!) even if it is eating into my studying time!! And sleeping time lol. Which reminds me that I better get to bed before I turn into a pumpkin hehe!

Night girls!

Hey Girls

OMG there is so much to catch up on!! I have been popping in and reading but have had no time to reply. I don't have time tonight either but I had to post tonight cause I am so excited!!!

I am heading off the the Sunny Coast at 7am tomorrow morning with SIL's and MIL (only the adult girls were invited) for SIL#5's bday. We are staying at a motel/resort, having an Indulgence Party (like a day spa that come to you) going out for lunch and dinner staying the night then coming home Sunday morning........notice anything??? Only girls which means I'm having my first weekend away without my baby boy!!!! He was invited if I wanted him to come but I thought I might have a kid free weekend.

Also there is another point to this weekend which I have known about for ages (since I got back from Melb) and had to keep it hush hush......SIL #5 is finally PREGNANT!!! If you can keep up with all my SIL's #5 is the one who has been trying for at least 5 or 6 yrs had lots of M/C's, countless IVF's, 2 egg donations from SIL#4 and in excess of $100k on all of that only to fall PG naturally. She had a scan yesterday as she was convinced the baby had died but s/he is very healthy and active and she is 11wks5d so this is the furtherest she has been.......so big fingers crossed that she carries full term.......I am so excited for her I can't wait to see the rest of the family's reaction tomorrow. I had tears in my eyes and goosebumps when she told me about the scan!!!

Anyway I hope you're all well and big kiss and hugs to all the babies. I will get to personals one of these days!!!
    oxoxoxoox

OK need to freak out to someone. Jess was supposedly at Youth Group with 3 friends who are staying here the night. I woke up at midnight and they still weren't home. Long story short she was in downstairs bathroom supposedly with upset tummy and after much shouting from me I find she's been drinking and the others are at a local park with boys. WTF!!! I am responsible for them, she rang them and said come home now my mum is up and really mad but that didn't get them home so I have called the local policeto go round to the park and scare the hell out of them. She would never dare pull this crap if DH was home, I feel so helpless and frightened, their mothers have a right to be furious with me. I hate having a teenager its so bloody hard. I want to cry.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast