Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #24

Default Babies Born May 2006 #24

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Yay! I am first..... Just getting ready for another week of work and eating brekky which makes me ask

"Are there any other Crunchy Nuts out there???"

Have a nice day girls....

Emerson - way to go on your toothy peg...!
    Bye.

Yes Leanne there are but some of them can't have them for breakfast anymore cause they have a child with peanut allergies in their class. Nice to see you by the way.
    I am eating breakfast too (toast) and thinking I really should be showering and packing but my BB addiction is too strong!
    Riley woke up last night at 10.30, 11.30. 2am. 4am, 5am for an hour and is naturally asleep now cause I am up. I feel really on the edge but will just have to toughen up cause no one else is going to run this show!
    Erin is very excited cause today is "Dads do lunch" at the canteen and cause DH s at work (and wouldn't work at the canteen for anything!) my dad is going to do canteen! My class are also excited caue they don't believe that teachers have dads LOL. Not sure how excited grandad is LOL
    Shazz- hope you had a better night, glad DH is back.
    See you all after school, have a great day.

Morning girls,

YAY EMERSON!!!!!!!!

Hopefully there will be some up this end soon.

Well i feel like absolute sh*t today!!! Once again, i woke up to my mind thinking at about 5am thismorning and could'nt get back to sleep properly. Briley was still asleep but woke up at 6am and would'nt go back to sleep. I put her in my bed with me and put the telly on for her but she just wanted to pull my hair!

Have to head into town to get a few things thismorning and then i have a couple of lecture this arvo. Only 2 more sleeps till Brent is back!!! I never thought i would say this but....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to have a break!!!

Anyways...have a great day girls!!!

Hello all, wow did some of you have dramatic weeks!?!?

Christine - you poor love. I hope your chest is better, and that Jess is feeling better and your dad too. LOL my dad would be in there like a shot. My mum however has has 2 catarcts done and I remember laughing at her when she discovered she could see grains of rice again. You let me know where and when for coffe and I'll be there.

Shazz - glad DH is back and that they discovered a casue for Ryan's discomfort. He's going to be immune to everything soon

Angelique - Hey hon! Great to hear from you.

Leanne - nope not here sorry, I'm a porridge or sultana bran girl myself.

Sara - get into that study girly! LOL. I remember how hard it was without a baby let alone with one...and a half. Great news on Briley's crawling.

Nat - want to come and make a cheescake at my place? Did you say a tooth? Glad to hear. Still got nadda here.

Vic - I'm with you, Darc gets a bit of everything we have. I figure it's mean to eat in front of her and tell her she can't have it if we are.

There won't be many choccies here for Easter. We have a $10 deal for each other and Darc will probably just share ours. We don't exchange with my family, but no doubt the ILs will want to prove something so we've told them no chocolate.

We had a huge weekend. We went and set up the reception on Friday and then I was up until 2.30 that night, then the wedding. The makeup got there at 8.30 so it all started then, but the wedding wasn't until 4 so it was a longday where we couldn't eat much cos of the makeup. Darcy was really good and was happy to go to other people (thank goodness). She did whinge when she saw me at the church though. By the time we got back to the recpetion at 7.30 my boobs were going to explode lol so the function co-ordinator went and got Darcy for me. She sat up in her beribboned highchair and chatted to everyone, ate my nephew (who's 3) under the table and danced the night away.
    It went reasonably well, but I was just s***ty over the whole expensive option for everything when they knew they couldn't pay for it and that Mum and Dad would bail them out....like they paid $1300 for the church!!! :eek:
    Then the christening yesterday and the opening of the pressies. Needless to say she was more than a little difficult to settle last night, however, slept right through, so that was a bonus, cos I was already up to 4 days with less than 2hours sleep a night.

We're off to Tassie tomorrow until Saturday....and it's my birthday.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; March 12th, 2007 at 10:01 AM.

WOW KIM!!!!!! Thats the biggest post i have ever seen from you! He he!!

Although busy, you seem like you had yourself a great weekend. You also seem happy which is great!!!! Glad Darcy was'nt the dragon she normally is!!

Just a uni now. I love coming up here and getting on the net cause the computers are SOOOOOO quick! A nice change from home.

Feeling rather stretched in the stomach today. Must be having another "pop" out! Baby has been moving and kicking around in there a fair bit today. Lovely to feel.

Anyways...better do some uni related stuff!!

Kim you lucky thing I love tassie. Are you going to the cadbury factory ?? Have a wonderful birthday too. Glad the wedding went OK but OMG $1300 for a church! I guess most people i know have had their own church so its free(that they attend not onw LOL), what church charges that much?????
    Sara- can't believe you are nearly half way through this pg already! One of my class' mum had a baby on thursday and erin's friends mum is having one today so theres a bit of a baby boom at school atm.
    Riley still has no teeth but is clapping, waving and saying mum mum, dad dad, bub bub, tat na na and verbalising heaps. I had a fight with DH on friday cause he gave hima number 2 all over with the clippers!! My baby is gone!! He looks so big, I cried.
    Dad had a lovely time at canteen, my class all went to look at him LOL.
    Better go supervise homework for Erin or she'll never do it LOL BBL

afternoon all
    Ryan is heaps better Yay
    gees Christine i hope riley sleeps better for you tonight and OMG did hubby clipper Riley hair i would have had him hung up for that how norty ....
    ok it has taken me 2 hours to write this much i'll be back later maybe ....

Supposed to be packing Darcy's stuff......

Glad your Dad had a good day. OMG at the haircut...cheap I spose. It was the Garrison Church at the Rocks.

Glad Ryan's better Shazz.

Hopefully you won't be the only UTD one for long Sara....actively trying now...

woohooo Kim good luck with TTC i'm so jealous ... if i ever mention the b word again i'd be divorced as quick as a blink

Thanks Shazz. I'm not so sure myself, but I figure I'll deal with it if it does, cos I don't want to regret not trying and then them being years apart if that's what it takes.

and i forgot to add
    Happy Birthday Kim

Thanks Shazz

Just popping in quickly to say Happy Birthday Kim and I hope you have a lovely time in Tasmania!! Whoo hoo for going TTC #2!! best of luck!!! Enjoy Tassie sweetie!!!

I've been so busy with Em. He's not a happy chappy with this tooth cutting through. At uni tomorrow. Will hopefully be back in then to do personals if not Wednesday!!

Big hugs to you all!

Hope you have a wonderful birthday Kim!

Morning Girls!!

How rude of me....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM!!!!!!!!!

Well, don't keep us in suspense...How old are you???? 19?? 21?? 23?? Hope you had/have a great day. Enjoy your holiday!!! Oh and congrats on TTC #2!!! Hope it happens quickly for you! Just remember, you need to go at it like rabbits 2 days before O, during O and 2 days after O. You probably already know that but!!!

Christine - OMG!!!! I would have been shi**in myself that DP was going to cut his head!!!! I worry about that enough with older people let alone babies!!!

I can't believe i am almost half way either!!! Its soo exciting!! I am really feeling the baby move around now. I have my scan this friday. I can't wait to see the little person!! I

Shazz - Glad that Ryan is feeling better!

Nat - Poor Em! At least all the greif is for a good cause right?!?!

I am doing chemistry for uni at the moment and i am totally, and i mean TOTALLY, dumbfounded by it. I have absolutely no idea what the hell the teacher is talking about. I am worried that i wont pass my exams!!! I tried to go through my text book to try and understand but thats worse than listening to the teacher!!! ARGHHHHHH!!!! Hope its all going better for you!

Well i am feeling a tad better today. Still pretty tired though. I might have to get back on the iron tablets.

Briley is good. Crawling round everywhere! Brent is totally going to spin out when he see's he!!! BTW - BRENT IS BACK TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! Hee Hee!!

Cleaning cleaning and more cleaning today. I want to have a nice clean house for him too come home too. I wanted to cook him a beautiful roast pork dinner but i have a lecture from 2 till 4pm tomorrow and time wont permit! So i will do it the next night i think.

Anyways...better get cleaning!

Have a great day all!

Nat ~ yay on the toothy peg
    Vic ~ hey hows things up in your next of the woods out laws still giving you the $hits
    Christine ~ did Riley sleep any better for you
    Kim ~ hope you have a lovely time away
    Sara ~ half way OMG you are going to be one very busy mumma 1 more sleep till Brent gets home yay

Alison ~ good to hear from you hows things with you ?

well Ryan is heaps better and went to CC today he even walked himself in Maaawwwww he still isn't slepping properly though so hopefully we will get to bed early tonight cause i'm knackered
    ok bbl

i wish Gonzo would start going back the other way on my babies ticker
    Last edited by ~shazz~; March 13th, 2007 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Gonzo is giving me the $hits

I know how you feel Shazz, they grow up too fast, next they'll want to go to unsuitable parties and buy beer!
    Riley had another shocker last night, he was even really whingy and unsettled at FDC so Laurana texted me and asked could she give him panadol. After that he was fine and slept for 3 1/2 hours. One of his cheeks was really red so maybe a tooth is on its way but I'm not holding my breath!
    Sara- i do not envy you! Half of Jessica's yr 10 homework is beyond me!! My friend is a science teacher if you want me to ask her anything for you. Hope you get all your cleaning done, do feel free to pop down ad do min when you finish LOL.
    Vic- Riley does look a bit like a criminal but most people think he looks cute which has made me feel a bit better. Jess reckons he looks like he just joined the army! I will get a picture and change my ticker.
    Kim- good luck ttc, perhaps the fresh air in Tassie will do the trick!
    DH and I are going to the local bowling club for dinner with a guy from his work and his DW. Dad is coming to mind the 2 youngest and Jess is at work. I am really looking forwar d to a child free meal! Maybe we'll win big on the pokies LOL Dh won $160 once last year which is huge for our family cause we only put in $5.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast