Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #24

Jodie259 Guest

Hey Sara.... glad to hear the u/s went well. If I fall pregnant again I want it to be a total surprise. It was handy knowing the first time around... but if there is a 2nd time - no way!
    And how's Brents form??? I'm lucky with my DH. He earns the money and it goes into our bank account/mortgage - and he never sees his money again! I control 100% of all our finances. He doesn't even know the password to netbank. He has a keycard, but rarely uses it. He picks up a few cashy jobs and lives on that. Thankfully he doesn't have expensive tastes in clothes or music!!

I got some more professional shots of Shaun done. I got 7 different poses, with 10 photos in each pose (thus 77 photos) and it cost me $200. Some are so cute... fireman shots, him sitting on a motorbike. I must scan them and load them onto his site this weekend.

He's climbing into everything - and I mean INTO. twice I have found him INSIDE his toy box (one of those plastic storage tubs) - sitting on TOP of all his toys! It's too cute (photo to go on his site this weekend too). He also crawls UNDER everything - like his cot, the couch, the dining table. He is determined to get whatever he has thrown there (ball, toys etc). Talking of throwing... he gets great pleasure in throwing his dummy's out of his cot. He doesn't really need dummy's to sleep (thankfully) - but when he's upset they do help soothe him. So I have 4-5 dummies in his cot. But we are lucky if there is one left in the morning! Same with his bottles. He finishes a bottle and tosses over the cot.

He's been saying aaabababa for a couple of weeks (my husband is convinced it's ABA - which is hebrew for Dad). But this week he definately said Mama a few times in front of various people. So I'm happy about that! Although it's not very often.

And tomorrow DH is going for his V8 racing car drive (hopefully). It got cancelled last month because of bad weather, but it looks like it's going to be a nice day tomorrow. And we rebooked for a reasonable time (1.30pm as opposed to 8.30am last time!). Hope he doesn't smash the car.

I went nuts at Kmart yesterday because they have a 20% off toys sale. I filled the trolley with toys, for birthday and christmas. It was so hard to control myself. And my stepmum has decided to get him into "little people".... and there was a bargain at Kmart. They had a Christmas box set of little people with Xmas tree, reindeers, parkbench and the little people. It's normal price was well over $80... and I picked it up for $20!!

And I've managed to lose 5.1kg since the new year. It doesn't look like much (I took before/after photos)... but it's something. Now I've got to move my bootie and get rid of the rest of the weight!

Hope everyone is well. Sorry I'm not up to personals. It's past midnight, and I've got to get organised for tomorrow and hit the sack. I read the email notification every night and see what everyone is up to.

Hope you have a brilliant weekend!!!!

Great missing 15 yr olds stillnot back, I called one and said who it was and she hung up on me.

Far Out Christine....... Hope they turn up. It's not your fault. I'd be phoning the parents. Grrr
    The poice should find them and arrest them for under age drinking.....
    BBL

Christine ~ i'd be so booting all their A$rses how dare they put you in that position i hope you rung all there parents i bet you didn't get a wink of sleep

They finally came in at 10 to 1. I was sooo angry I didn't even stay up to speak to them cause i just didn't know what to say. I feel that completely lost feeling like when you have a new baby and you have absolutely no idea how to look after it or how to stop it crying etc, well having a teenager feels like that again.
    This morning jess has gone to work very very apologetic, the others are still here so I sat down with them and explained the situation they put me in and how I am responsible for them etc. One of them's mum already knows, she called her daughters mobile apparantly. This is the other quiet, not really into it girl who I would say just got dragged into it by the 2 main ones. I said her mum could ring me and to apologise on my behalf- do you think I should ring her? WTF do I say except I am a completely negligent mother. OMG give me babies any day.
    Unfortunately the police didn't make it to the park before they came home which is fair enough cause they prob. have more pressing things to attend to.
    Going to spend a quiet day with the 2 youngest, I hugged Erin heaps this morning just for being 7!
    Sorry to ramble on, I just needed people to vent to.

LOL there's been so much action in here!!

Tania ~ Congrats to SIL#5!!! That is fantastic news!! Enjoy your weekend away as well sweety! I'm sure you'll enjoy it though you'll miss Jayden heaps as well though!

Christine ~ OMG I would have killed them. I can only imagine how you feel. I would honestly ring all of the girls parents and explain. Will her mother know if you don't ring?? I'd want to make sure there was a clear understanding of what happened, these kids have already deceived to get out so I wouldn't put them past more fabrications IYKWIM. What a horrible night for you! You definitely aren't a negligent parent... the stuff I used to get up to as a kid lol!

Jodie ~ Good to hear from you! I hope DH enjoys the car ride! Em & Shaun sound so similar lol. Em is always chucking things out of his cot as well lol. He throws his bottle out when he's done with it hehe & I always catch him in his toy tubs as well! Whoo hoo for losing over 5kgs - that is fantastic! I have decided to get the Little People Set (thanks Vic ) you got some real bargains there.

Em has been up since 6.30 and is now very grumpy and I'm not impressed lol. I'm also not impressed with my mum. She was coming over this morning to help me vax and has canceled last minute. I'm only annoyed because she knew all week and forgot to tell me and if I'd known I would have gone to the baby expo this morning which I really wanted to do.

On top of that I told her my plans for Em's birthday party. I was honestly going to pretty much skip the whole thing. But I decided to have small party only inviting the children that Em sees regularly and gets along with really well. I thought I'd then do the family thing with each side (my Dads and my Mums) separately. I told mum this and she got upset because I wasn't inviting family ie my 4 brothers and sisters. So I said I would invite Em's cousins and then she wasn't happy that my brother and sister without kids. Arghhh! I just wanted a small party with friends and to do family separate.... I guess it doesn't really matter. The party will be catered for the kids anyway not the adults. It just irks me when people try to tell who I have to invite etc etc.

There's my vent for the morning lol. It has taken me an hour to write that lol so I think I'm gonna stop there.

Will talk later.

Jodie259 Guest

Oh Christine... what a traumatic night you had! I was writing my huge post at the time you posted yours... so I didn't even see it until this morning. So I hope you don't think I was rude by not mentioning it. I just posted mine, and dragged my sorry a$s to bed.

Same with you Tania! Missed it until this morning. Congrats on your SIL. How often do you hear about women trying so hard to conceive (IVF etc) - and when they virtually "give up" it happens. I'm sure I got pregnant because I wasn't really trying to!

And Lea... sounds like your party is turning into a nightmare. Damn mums sometimes. It's not her party! Just do what YOU want to. I've got a totally disfunctional family... but thankfully most of them don't talk - so I don't have all the stresses. Having said that... I might be meeting up with my mums 3rd hubby this weekend. He's in Melbourne for his grandchilds birth. I haven't spoken to him in over 6 years!! Thankfully my mum stayed in NSW.

Just about to phone the car company about Yarivs drive. Melbourne weather is looking a bit dodgy at the moment, so it might be called off.... again...

...just phoned. It's all on! Typical melbourne - it's been raining/spitting here in Keysborough - and it's sunny over at Calder racetrack!
    Last edited by Jodie259; March 17th, 2007 at 10:35 AM.

I'm Back! Happy Saint Pat's Day!

Birthday wasn't so hot, but thanks for all your wishes anyway Trip away was worse....who takes a fidgety child who doesn't like the car on a driving holiday? We got mucked around with costings and stuff and ended up with no money and now all the bills are due (read overdue)
    We did get to the Cadbury Factory though and Darcy was classed as a person so we got all her choccie too....however now she knows what a choccie wrapper looks like and has a tanty until you give her some.

Good girl Sara!!! I'm glad it will be a surprise. I'm putting my money on a girl though How irresponsible are they?!?!?! I have one the same....they don't realise how fine a juggling act we do, do they? I also used to tutor chemistry. Can I help you?

Vic - the IL's didn't even remember my birthday :P Hope you got your work done.

Jodie - in the dark? LOL I'm so cacky handed I'd suck at that.

Christine - great he's finally crawling!! Hope your weekend is still peaceful.

Shazz - how's Ryan going? I know what you mean about the ticker - and I swear the Dragon has grown another 5cm this month.

Nat - I forget what I wanted to write to you, but I will think about it and get back to you.

Darcy has added her own version of 'peekaboo' and 'bubby girl' to her vocabulary, along with book, boat, ta, poppy and oh no. I can't believe how quick she picks stuff up. She's still got no sign of teeth and slept so badly this week she slept with me.

Gotta go, she's up.

Ok so I missed a whole page....

Chirstine, exectly what Nat said. You are not negligent, there are parents out there that wouldn't even care.....unfortunatly I have WAY to many dealigs with kids that age. I'm way more prepared for that than baby stuff. You poor love. I'd also pull a major guilt trip and let her grovel until you're satisfied.....

Great news on your weight loss Jodie! Hope you have a fab day today! I've got a climber too - fun isn't it?

Tania - HOORAY!!! Tell her we're excited Australia over for her!So they're still together?

Nat - I'm waiting for the 'instructions' too. That vent was totally warranted. I can't wait for the baby expo. I was 38 weeks pregnant last time.
    Last edited by ~Kim~; March 17th, 2007 at 12:50 PM.

Vic are you serious? Some parents should not ....grrr why did they pick a pol party then???? Poor Mel.

OMG VIc, why the hell would you have a pool party for a kid that young anyway? I wouldn't want to be responsible for kids in pools until they were waaaay older.
    I have decided not to tell the others parents beacuse the one that would care already knows and the other 2 would prob. not care anyway. I also don't want Jess targeted for it, its really hard and I had to ring MIL for advice, she was brilliant and we had a really good talk. Decided not to tell DH as he would take it out on Jess and she prob. behaved the most sensibly of the 4 of them and at least she was home 2 hours before the others.
    Oh well lets chalk it up to experience.
    Kim- I may have to pick your brains repeatedly in the future!
    Sorry the holiday wasn't quite what you thought it would be. Grrrr ILs forgetting your birthday, my MIL gives me money for a shopping spree and insists the whole lot be spent on me not to pay bills or for stuff for anyone else.
    Jodie- 5 kgs well done!! Could you take 5 of mine now????
    Better go now, I am going to guilt Jess into tidying up LOL.

Evening girls,

Wow we have been busy posting in here!!

Only poppin in for a sec. I have read all the posts and have a few comments to make! Just tired and emotional so i dont feel like doing personals.

Def got a cough now. Its weird how its come about. I hope i don't have a chest infection. I am thinking my immune system must be low cause of the busy week i have had. Need to rest!

Briley is good. She can say Chooks now. I think she is even trying to say "Where's the chooks??" cause that what we say to her all the time. Still no teeth. She is very grizzly though. Keeps pulling her hair and ears. The waiting game sux!!

Well i am tired and as i mentioned emotion! The honeymoon phase is over! Thats all i have to say!

Hope you are all well!

xxoo

Oh Sara, sorry to hear that, hope things improve honey.

Hello all, glad to see you made it back safe Kim.

We went for a day trip to Canberra today to see my nephew for this 3rd birthday, where Katy had her first real accident. Blood and everything.

She was dancing (as you do when you are 10 months old!), bopping up and down and wiggling her toosh. So cute. She was holding onto the coffee table. Well she bopped too far down didn't she..... Knocked her chin on the coffee table and put her two bottom teeth through her top gums. And I think she's cut that but that goes from your lip to your gum in the middle of your two front teeth. Anyone understand what I mean.
    First there was a total look of shock on her face, it made me laugh, then the tears came, the screams and well then the blood..... :O( I sorta feel like a bad mum but I know it's the first of many accidents.

Anyway, so she was pretty grumpy the whole way home - even though totally dosed up on nurophen. (understably), but now that we are pretty much just home she's in bed asleep.

I've looked again at her gums when we got home and it seems like she may have helped top tooth number two 'break through'. Either the tooth got scared out, or her bottom tooth cut the gum to 'let' it out.

I'm stuffed so off to bed.
    See you tomorrow.

Oh no Leanne. It's called the frenulum by the way.

Hope she is OK Leanne, its so horrible when they hurt themselves but unfortunately there are at that age now.
    Kim- i want you in my team next time I go to a trivia night LOL I didn't know it even had a name!!

I love trivia nights! I know HEAPS of useless information

Just got back from the ILs cos it's FIL's birthday....we managed to get him something small and a card even though we have NO money....they couldn't even say happy birthday to me. And I kept getting scowls from SIL cos I wouldn't let her do what she wanted with MY baby. DH is in such a foul mood that I'm going to have a sleep.

evening all
    just popping in to say hi and now bye till tomorrow at least i'm about to do bottle and hit the sack i have really really hurt my ankle ( remember when i fell out of my house a couple of weeks ago well i did the same thing again ...... my ankle didn't really get over being twisted last time and now i think i've done some major damage i can just weight bear but can't flex with out tears ) back tomorrow for a catch up and personals hope you are all well
    Vic ~ i hope Adam starts to feel better soon poor little mite
    oh and Happy birthday Mel

Just popped in quickly to say .....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEL!!!!

I'll try to post tomorrow after I have had some sleep!!!
    Nighty Night
    oxoxox

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast