Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #24

LOL Shazz, maybe you could do both! I haven't really decided what to do for Riley's birthday, maybe a little get together at the park with some of his friends and then a family party on the actual day. Erin wanted him to have a McDonalds party but I said he might just be a bit too young!! (and a lot of his friends are the first child and their parents don't give them Maccas yet LOL)
    I am hopeless with chocolate, I hate lollies but chocolate is my major weakness, I MUST start trying to lose weight soon, I lost a bit in jan doing CSIRO but have fallen badly off the wagon since then (Damn chocolate sundaes and super choc drumsticks!)
    Riley is up in his bed screaming atm, why does he go down beautifully during the day but screams hysterically at night?? I can't believe I whinged about Erin not sleeping through until she was 7 months old LOL If only I knew.
    How muggy has it been in Sydney today? At least we have a cool breeze coming now but its been so humid. I can't believe its the end of march.
    Just remembered daylight savings ends tonight, that just means getting up an hour earlier with a baby, no extra sleep here.

Kim: What was the name of that anti fungal cream you suggested? Jayden has terrible nappy rash again and the stuff I'm using isn't working. We have been up ever couple of hours overnight chaning nappy, screaming the house down and taking ages to re-settle.

Chris wants me to take him to the hospital but what can they do? He has never screamed like this before and real tears are even coming out when i go to put him on the change table and he holds on to me so tight as though to say "Please don't do it mummy!!"
    Anyway screaming baby again

Tan: go to the chemist they are usually good with advice on this sort of thing. Canestan (sp) is an anti fungal I think, it is used for thrush. Try paw paw ointment too, its very good and will make a barrier so he doesn't get stung by the urine when he wees. Poor little pet, I hope he gets better soon.

Tania I sent you an email but it's called hydrozole if you check here first. Poor little love!!! It's got a bit of steroid in it to calm the skin as well as the antifugal.

Stupid daylights savings! I've been up since some ungodly hour. Party wasn't too bad without Darcy and it went from 33degrees to about 21degrees in about half an hour. Gees it was cold and wet.

Go Shazz! I joined the gym a few weeks back and I'm loving it. It is expensive (fo us) but it makes me want to go so it's worth it. I'm off this morning for a bit of time out and hopefully I'll sleep better this arvie.
    I know it's sad they're not babies any more, but remember the best is always yet to come.

Darcy slept for two and a half hours this morning ...but unfortunatly she won't sleep this afternoon....and that means no sleep for me....

bugger Kim hopefully she will crash early for you and sleep all night
    Ryan did 6 nights in a row of sleeping through for me then the last 2 night he has been a horror OMG i feel like a zombie all over again

Katy has decided to drop ALL her day sleeps.
    She's just gone down after being up since 7. What the?
    Surely she's too young to be doing this......
    Grr

OMG Leanne, that would drive me nuts! perhaps its just a phase? (get used to saying that! I have been saying it for 15 years LOL) At least she has gne to bed now, will she sleep all night? (she says green with envy at the thought of someone sleeping for more than a couple of hours in a row!)

Evening ladies

I have a question. Does anyones else's babies except a spoonful of food and then spit it out and play with it??? Briley has been doing this for a while now but it has gotten worse the last week or so. She only does it at dinner time but won't eat all her dinner. Could this be teething related??? I was worried she might'nt be getting enough food. She is still having her 4 bottles a day but feed times are terrible!!

She has also changed her sleeping patterns. For the good though! (not bragging!). She has decided that 6pm is her bed time now. She gets really really irritable around this time and once i have bathed her, she has her bottle and sleeps through till 6am!! (again, not bragging!!) I am going to put it down to her gums being sore.

As for me i am good. Tired but good. I have managed to do over 3/4 of my assignment this weekend! I have a few things to fix up but i think i have done a great job!! We'll see how good when the marks come back i spse.

I have been on a cleaning mission again today. I have got the nesting instict bad this time round. Its great. I have a lovely clean house (until brent comes home!). I washed my sheets, sorted through Briley's clothes, sorted through some other stuff and washed my car!!! Aswell as my normal daily duties!! I am quite proud!! And i have'nt really felt that lonely once this weekend! Kept myself busy.

Off to uni tomorrow. Going in a bit early to go to a chemistry tutorial. I went to one last week and it really helped me understand it better. It means leaving home an hour earlier but if it benefits me then so be it!

Nothing much else to report. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Tania, i hope Jayden is ok. Keep us posted. Poor little man!!

Tania ~ i was just rereading back over the posts i missed yours about poor little Jaydens butt i'm with christine on the paw paw creame excellent stuff i hope it clears up soon

Oh no! all her day sleeps Leanne? That sucks.

Sara it could be she wants to feed herself. I was having this trouble with Darcy, but if every so often I give her food she can feed herself, she's happy and the fights to get her to eat aren't so bad.

Glad to hear Jayden's a bit better Tania.

Well the poor young Constable I was with last night had to put up with me having a snooze in the car. There was nothing doing and we were just driving around....tedious....and freezing - why do blokes need the AC on full ball even when it's under 15 degrees????? It's like winter here today.

Afternoon all

well Again Ryan has another ear infection at this stage all i have to do is suggest we wash his hair and you could be garuanteed an ear infection with in a day i'm so over screaming kids today his back on antibiotics so hopefully he'll be back sleeping through and Happy in the next day or two

Poor Ryan, does he get an upset tummy from the anti biotics? Jess is sick atm and has been for ages. The doctor is now testing for coeliac or Crohns disease so its not to be taken lightly, she is so miserable and tired of feeling sick poor thing. Hopefully they will have some test results tomorrow.
    Going to bed now, hope everyone is OK.

Hi Christine ~ nah Ryan doesn't seem to have a prob with his tummy thankfully
    poor Jess i hope her test results come back good and it isn't anything to serious i hope she feel better soon nite hope we both get some zzzzzzzz tonight
    Last edited by ~shazz~; March 27th, 2007 at 01:53 PM.

Oh No Shazz! Poor Ryan! My brother used to be the same. He had to shower and bath and swim with earplugs blu tacked in to his ears so no water could get in. Mum always put a shower cap over hte top to be sure....his navy mates'd love to know that infoI'm sure. I remember when I was a kid though they had these hat things you could put on so the kids didn't get water in their eyes when you washed their hair. Do they still have those? They were like a soft rubbery stuff.

That is quite serious if Jess has those things. I really hope she doesn't.

Well, the Dragon's been up pretty much all day....better get to the washing and ironing now she's crashed

Shazz- I got ear infections a lot as a kid and they took out my adenoids when I was 4. Not sure how that fixes it but it did, does the doctor say theres anything you can do for recurring infections other than the usual anti biotics? Hope he had a better night.
    Riley went to bed finally at 9.30 then woke up at 12.30, 3.30 and 6am then got up at 7am, I think I am coping better with the lack of sleep now but I still would like a bit more LOL Sometimes I am soooo tempted to have a sickie and send him to FDC then just sleep all day (well in school hours anyway)I have to pay in the holidays so maybe I could do that then although Erin would need to be elsewhere too as she hates me sleeping during the day.
    Hopefully we will get some test results back for Jess today, its so awful seeing her so down. Shes devastated cause the school cross country is tomorrow and the doctor said there is no way she is going. Luckily I rang the teacher in charge and she said cause Jess' times a

Riley banged his head on coffee table and is really upset, I am late now BBL

Grr, there are men here today to cut some huge overhanging trees down. They were supposed to get here mid morning and only take a few hours. They got here at the right time and have only just started!!! Darcy hasn't had a sleep yet, and I'm guessing I'm not going to get one either.....

Grrr Kim how annoying. I have found being home during the day that it sometimes noisier on weekdays than at weekends.
    Jess doesn't have Crohn's I rang the doctors this morning when I got to school. I have logged on at school now while I am in the staffroom working. I am still waiting for the coeliac results. The sport teacher said cause her times for cross country are always so good she can go straight to zone cross country so she is a bit happier.
    Hope Ryan is feeling better Shazz.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast