Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #25

Default Babies Born May 2006 #25

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Jodie259 Guest

Gosh, I barely ever post... and yet I manage to get first on the thread sometimes!
    Hope all of you ladies are doing well.
    I'm keeping an eye on your progress.... but I'm too busy/tired to write posts.

I've been busy lately. Taking on some extra work. And then my trainee quit last week... so I'll have to do some of her clients! Damn her!

Shaun is doing well. he reverted back to his old sleeping habits - but seems to have settled again. Sorry to hear about Darcy's sleeping problems Kim. Heart goes out to you!

Shaun earnt his first income last week! He was selected for a Target catalogue shoot... and I was ready to put him in the car when I got a phone call from the agent. The photo shoot had been cancelled because they didn't have the clothes.... but he still gets paid - $85. Yariv is shocked because its more than what he earns per hour!!!

He's turning into a right monkey at the moment. Climbs onto or into everything. Won't be long before he climbs out of his cot!

Yariv finally got his racing car experience - but it was a bit of a let down. They promote it as a 4.5 hour experience... but it's actually 1/2 hour in the car. The other 4 hours are just waiting around, whilst the other drivers have their shot in the car.

Will try and do some personals soon. take care all!!!

Well after spending the last few days madly doing assignments and working I decided to have a night to myself. Iíve had a lovely shower and got to shave and wax and then lather myself in body butter! Delish!! Now Iím going to catch up on some posts before I go MIA finishing the next assignment!

Jodie ~ What a buggar that the drive itself was only Ĺ an hour! Thatís a bit cheeky hey? Whoo hoo for Shaun getting his first income Ė that is fantastic!!

Sara ~ I am getting started with Emís birthday party. I need to be organized as Iíll have a tonne of uni pracs around that time. I am trying to decide on a theme for the invitations and cake etc. I think I might just go neutral and do what ever takes my fancyÖ still not sure though! YAY for Ms Briley sleeping like a trooper! I would have no idea what to do with myself if Em went to sleep that early! It would be like heaven lol! Iím glad your understanding chemistry a bit more as well. I assume you must have exams? Because you donít seem to have as many assignments as me. Iím lucky this semester and I donít have one exam! YAY! That just translates to a lot of work throughout the semester though lol. Buggar at your hospital weight! Glad to hear that things are going well though.

Leanne ~ It would be great to meet you all in person! I would love that! Iím trying not to wear myself out! I would go nuts if Em didnít sleep through the day. Lets hope itís a phase that doesnít last! I hope you are feeling better soon sweet and that you had a better day today

Kim ~ I just canít imagine you looking daggy lol! Iím sure you looked gorgeous! I hope youíre enjoying a long sleep now sweety. Nothing worse then being sleep deprived!!

Christine ~ The end of daylight savings didnít give me any extra sleep either!! When do you get back Jessís other test results? I hope sheís okay! Sounds like you have a great weekend ahead of you!

Tania ~ If that cream doesnít work I can try and grab some bum rash cream from the Womans and Childrens here Ė they do a fantastic bum cream and teething gel that is raved about all over the state. I havenít used the bum rash cream but if it is as effective as the teething gel (just on bums though pmsl) then it would be fantastic.

Shazz ~ I will cry all day on his birthday and have the party the next day pmsl! Poor Ryan and his ears!! I hope heís feeling better soon!

OMG after all the stress of getting the assignments I forgot that I have to get them back Ė eek!! I donít want to know what score I got lol! How nerve wrecking!!!

Em is still taking small steps around the place. The most heís gone is 10 steps maybe? And he has finally started clapping!!! I was so excited! Its so adorable and strangely enough he walks better when heís clapping his hands!!! He really is such a delight at the moment Ė heís starting to become really interactive and I can actually play games with him which I just adore doing! Well I think Iím going to write a list of things to do and then go to bed. I have to be up early to drop Em off at CC and then Iím working my butt off on the next assignment! Oh and I may have to vacuum and mop because the floor is in a dire state hehe!

Jodie259 Guest

Now... I'm going to do personals!!!

Christine: I see you've been referred to Tresillian. It will be worth the wait. And my cousin works at Tresillian in Sydney. Her name is Cheryl. She's been a nurse for about 25 years. She's really lovely. So if you get it, and you meet Cheryl - say Jodie said hi. And I hope Jess doesn't have Coeliac (my stepmum has that)!! Great that it's not Crohns! Drive safely to Dubbo... and enjoy your break! My parents went to the zoo on the weekend for a work do and said it was fantastic. Shaun is too young to enjoy the zoo; can't wait until he's old enough.

Lea & Sara: I take my hat off to you two girls studying with a baby. And another one on the way with Sara. You are superwomen! congrats on Em cutting his 2nd tooth. Shaun cut two in a week... but that's been it. They are soooo sharp though! Yariv bought him a huge helium balloon ($10)... then I found it slashed in his bedroom. He had bitten it!!!

Sara: hope your BP doesn't play up. And 2.5 hour wait would suck!

Kim: it seems you still have sleep issues with Darcy. Have you thought about booking into Tresillian again? Or medication? My GP (who is the sleep school doctor) recommened some non-prescription meds for Shaun to get him through the night. When he is really feral for days on end, I give him some stuff at midnight and he sleeps through to 8am. I do that for 1-2 nights then stop... and he sleeps through by himself. The doc said it is training him in a new sleep 'habit'. Hope you get a break when you go to your mums.

Leanne: thanks for the photos of Kaitlyn. She is soooo adorable. Her eyes are like little oceans! Hope you're feeling okay and not everything get ontop of you. As people probably tell you - don't stress too much about the housework. But I know you still need to do the basic stuff like washing, dishes etc. Best thing I ever did was hire a cleaner (only $50 for 3 hours)... and she does all my floors, wipes everything down and neatens everything up.

Tania: how is Jaydens nappy rash? Hope it's clearing up. I use Clozole which is a "chemists own" brand antifungal cream. Shaun rarely gets nappy rash, so I'm fairly lucky. Hope Jayden's is clearing up.

Shazz: Hope Ryans ears improve. Poor love.

So who's having a 1yo birthday party?

I don't think I will be doing anything for his 1st. We might just do a family thing. I really can't be bothered having a party and inviting friends and distant family over - when Shaun doesn't even understand. My stepmum says I should make a big deal of his 1st birthday - but Shaun doesn't know. I would prefer a big deal for his 2nd when he can really enjoy it.

And anyone doing anything for Easter?
    Nothing here. Just happy that DH can have a couple of extra days off work.

Afternoon Girls!

WE HAVE A TOOTH!!!

My mum found it thismorning! I was in the shower getting ready for work when my brother came and said to me "Sara, Briley has a pooey nappy" (or so i thought!). I was like well tell mum. He comes back with she already knows!! So anyways, i kept on showering! Then i get out of the shower and go straight to my mums room to see if they had changed her. I said, "Well did you's change it??" And they said "No, she has a tooth!!!" I could'nt believe it! How the hell i got pooey nappy and she has a tooth mixed up is beyond me!!! Preggy brain!!

Yeah so finally we have a tooth. Explains all the dramas i have been through the last week.

Sorry about that short novel!

Vic - Glad you had a good time honey! Its good to get away from time to time ain't it! I can't wait till out trip to the Gold Coast in Jan next year!!

Nat - Yeah i have exams. Not sure when they are. I really need to start studying a bit more. I just don't know how to!

Jodie - YAY at Shaun earning his first dollars! Thats great. Bummer that they cancelled though. Would the catalogue have been Australia wide?? Would have been cool to see him in there!

Kim - Grrrr at Cam! How inconsiderate! MEN!!!! Can't live with em can't live without em! Hope your feeling ok today.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry if i missed any of you. Its hard to remember what the last posts where on the previous thread!! I have preggy brain remember!

Well other than the tooth coming through, there is'nt much else to report. I am tired as usual. Briley has been in her cot for about an hour now where i have been trying to make her go back to sleep. She ofcourse won't! I was hoping to have a lie down myself.

Well better go and hang this washing out!

Hope you are all well!

Not sure yet. They way i have been thinking about it makes me think that i will probably have a small party for her! We'll see. I will have to have a chat to brent about it and see what he reckons. Ofcourse he will probably want to do something cause it will be an excuse for him to get pi**ed!!

Easter is on Brents week off so we are doing something. Not quite sure yet. I was ringing around at the holiday resorts north and south of Townsville but everything is alreay booked. We were going camping but the people we were going with pulled out. Which is fine with me cause i am at a stage in my pregnancy where i dont feel like bathing out of a bucket for a few days!

So yeah probably go away with the family and some close friends for a few days i'd say!

OMG my house is disgusting. I am meant to be studying but I can't do it when my house is in such a state lol. I'm almost finished cleaning now though. Just a bit of dusting and the mopping and we're done. The rain is great but it makes it hard to get my washing done grrrrr! I can see myself getting high electricity bills from the dryer this year lol!

Yep we certainly are. We are having a fancy dress party lol. I have yet to organize everything but I have Em's little out fit and it is just adorable!!! We will also be having a family BBQ or something as well.

Nothing at all lol. I am working on the Saturday (double pay YAY) and I will catch up with family and friends as well!

Alrighty I better get back to it!

if i don't hurry and make my mind up the answer will be NO .

working how exciting

Having a first birthday party and then later this year a 16th LOL The 1st is a lot less angst- Riley hasn't told me his social standing will be ruined if I ban all alcohol from his party at least! Kim- is it true if I have a party for Jess and underage kids are drinking alcohol I can be fined/ charged?? (I have told Jess this is the case LOL) I really do not want to deal with drunken teenagers, some of her friends from work are over 18 so they can legally drink but how do I stop the younger ones??
    Sorry got off track- its been stressing me and she isn't even 16 til Nov!
    Easter- chocolate, buns, more chocolate! Contemplating the easter show but its soooo expensive.
    Riley has an upper respitory tract infection and is not a happy chap, his temp has been up and last night i had about 2 hours sleep all up. Hopefully we get more tonight before i drive to Dubbo.
    Gentle parenting- mmmm sometimes maybe LOL Certainly not to the older 2!!!

Well I didn't get much of my assignment done but I'm all organized to do it lol! And the house is sparkling which is such a relief. I love a clean house!

do you consider yourself a 'gentle parenting' person?
    Good question Vic! I'm not sure myself. I'd love the official meaning of gentle parenting. I think in general I agree more with gentle parenting methods but I honestly just do what feels right for Em and I so who knows where we fit in!

pmsl Shazz I'm working to - a full day as well arghhhh! The only good thing about that is the money! How is Ryan going?

Christine I'd be a stickler for no alcohol at all. That's just me though. I hope Riley is feeling better soon!

Em is just eating dinner and then its bath time and we're going to sit and play for a while. We have swimming first thing tomorrow and then grocery shopping. Then I'm working 3 days in a row and I have uni on the 4th day!!! I so can't wait for this two week break... what's the beat I'm just as busy over my break pmsl?!!?

And to think I have 4 years of this...

Is this colour to light to read? I think I'll go back to using the blue one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We THINK we're just going to have a family thing if the ILs can be nice. I doubt it after my birthday fiasco. I bet they try and have their own party for Darcy - well that's not going to happen. We don't know many people with kids anyway. Cam will probably be away on an anti- terrorist thing that week anyway.

Nope, I work Easter Sunday, and cam has 8 days in a row from nest Tuesday cos it's a no-rest period for them.

Gentle parenting - not really sure what it is, but I worry about some of the things that are said/asked on here so maybe I don't (not this group, just in general).

Hmm Christine, it is against the law to have underaged persons drinking at your party, however, I have yet to meet anyone that got charged. I'll dig out the Act and number if you like so you've got hard evidence LOL. You are required to tell the local police if you are having a party and they'll ask you what kind of 'security' measures you've got in place....just so they know in case it turns to s##t.

I don't know whether I've been a neglectful mum today or not. I noticed when Cam was going to work that Darcy's left middle finger was all pussy around the quick on the right side. Well by the time she got up from her sleep a couple of hours later her whole finger was swollen at the top. I went to the doc's but it was shut, so I asked the chemist, and he said, "gees that's going to need antibiotics!". It looks pretty bad, but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. I don't want her fingernail to fall off. I have put diluted dettol on it, but I feel bad for not noticing before it got to the mank stage.

Jodie - my drive was EXACTLY the same. Hope he enjoyed it though.

Hi Nat ~ Ryan is getting better again least he is back to his happy cheeky self although the sleeping is still out of whack
    the greeen is alright with me

oh her poor wee little finger don't feel bad Kim ryan has stuck his finger in the free standing fan and cut his they are just so darn quick like today my DD walked out the front door turned around to say something and wham ryan has run for the door and fell face first onto the pavers he now has a very swollen, bruised nose let me tell you my poor dd has not stopped crying about it though it hasn't helped that her 9 year brother has been giving her absolute grieve about it

Jodie- what is the medicine?????? I have tried polarimine (sp?) but even that didn't work, the chemist said that or phenergen.

lol Vic my son was also in that 20 % with the pain stop making him hyper though we didn't use it for sleep issues we didn't need to with him Ryan on the other hand

BTW has anyone heard from sheree lately ?? hows Lachie doing ????

I meant to ask what medicine you gave Shaun too Jodie???
    I've got one of those 20% hyperheads too....

I'm guessing Sheree's preettty busy with the newsagent. They work long hours I'm guessing.

Oh Shazz, poor DD. That's so sweet she feels awful....a fan!!!

Jodie259 Guest

Gentle Parent?......... Certainly not to the extreme that some BB's are. I co-slept with Shaun for the early months. I give him massages, I'm not keen on smacking him. But I don't believe in long term co-sleeping, as it's not good for the parental relationship. I fully recommend sleep schools and some sleep techniques (but not prolonged crying - which is NOT taught at sleep schools anymore). I couldn't breastfeed (although I tried) but many gentle parents see that as bad mummy! I believe that a happy mummy creates a happy child. So I give myself 'time out' whenever I can. I do whatever it takes to get him to sleep, so that I can also get a few hours sleep.... I know this is a "gentle parenting" site - so I was very hesitant to mention medication for sleep. I've been condemned for mentioning sleep school before. But when a parent tries everything (including all the gentle parent skills) - and there is no success - then I say you should try anything. I'm sure 'gentle parents' don't hesitate to give panadol... so I don't see non-prescription sleep medication any different to that. Funny enough - I rarely ever give Shaun Panadol.

talking of sleep... I was recommended Vallergan. Funny enough, I was reading the "toddler taming" book last night - and the doc (who is Australian) also recommended Vallergan. I just mix 5mls into his bottle of milk. It doesn't knock him out immediately. He just goes to sleep as normal - but he stays asleep until the morning - and wakes up all happy.

Congrats Briley for your first tooth!!!!!

Lea: not real keen on the green. Maybe a darker shade would be a bit easier (I'm old, my eyesight is probably going). Fancy dress party - how cool!!! Maybe I will do that for Shauns 2nd.

I just got back from work tonight. I worked two hours, and thought I would hate it. But I rather enjoyed it. I came home and asked DH if he would mind if I work every second Thursday night, and every 2nd Saturday. He seems to think that will be okay.
    Last edited by Jodie259; March 29th, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

Good on you Jodie! I didn't find the actual going to work too bad either, but it's the crap I don't like. Exactly what you said on the gentle parenting too.

Funny, i tried to get Vallergan for Darcy when she was really bad, but they wouldn't give it to me as it isn't recommended for under 2s because it slows their breathing rate right down. I've always heard good things about it like you said Jodie.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast