Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #26

Kim- hope things improve honey
    We are having people over for dinner and the house is a pigsty but I couldn't resist sneaking on here LOL
    Vic- I am with you on Public schools but I guess I should be since I teach in one!
    The zoo was $32 for adults and $17.50 for kids 4-15! parking was $10!!! Dubbo zoo is the same but parking is free, luckily we have an Entertainment Book and had 25% vouchers, I don't think its worth it tbh but we had a nice day.

Kim ~ I think you just summed up my whole life in that one sentence lol. I hope your day gets better!

Christine ~ Enjoy your dinner tonight!!

I am sooooo bored today! I should be doing uni work but I just can't concentrate and my mind keeps wondering!! Grrrr! Just one of those days I guess...

Wooooohoooooo Vic enjoy

well i finally found what i want to get ryan for his birthday next week it is a indoor/out door play castle with a slippery slide and crawling tunnel he has a bigger version at DC and Loves it they girls can't keep him off it it is a tad exy $$$$$$ but what the hell it's only money though it will get here 3 weeks after his birthday i'm sure he won't know so that is that now just to organise his party lol i'm so running out of time

Wow I thought I was running out of time to organise a party lol. Cool pressie though!!!

OK so the day wasn't all crap. I did get my faulty TMX elmo replaced without a box or a docket, and I just made some really nice (and healthy) thai chicken burgers for dinner. Also Cam cleaned out all the gutters and put in gutter guard (If you saw the leaves you'd understand how great this is). i'm pretty proud of him cos he's REALLY scared of heights.

Quick ? : anyone have any 'hot tips' on how to get rid of colds / flu? I am sick of being sick. It's back....... with a vegence. Just finished a round of anti-biotics and it did nothing.

What the?

Good work Cam with the gutters. I hate heights too - would not catch me up there.

morning all
    Leanne ditto what Vic said "Garlic and horesradish " hope you feel better soon

today i HAVE to go on cleaning frenzy i'm having a jewelery party tonight with the girls a few drinky's though i do have to go to work tomorrow so i had better behave ok i'm off to start BBL

oh BTW go check out my for sale thread i have heaps of tupperware coming up if your interested

My for sale thread Here
    Last edited by ~shazz~; April 13th, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

where is everyone i'm sick of cleaning i ended up stabbing a philips head screw driver through my finger so to hell with it all

Shazz why were you cleaning with a screwdriver ??LOL
    Yesterday I had just got off here and started vacuuming when the dinner guests arrived!!! At 4.30pm!! DH hadn't thought to mention they were coming early so the guys could work on DH's bike. Luckily they aren't neat freaks but I would've liked to have washed my hair and changed into clothes that weren't covered in milk arrowroot biscuit. We had a nice night but I was abit stressed at first trying to entertain the wife and cook tea at the same time.
    Tresillian rang and left a message a little while ago to see if I want to go next week! I so don't know what to do, Erin freaked about me leaving her in the holidays, I can't leave her home with Jess cause they'd kill each other and its a lot of responsibilty for her so I think I'll leave it until the original date. Also- this is just between us, I'd feel cheated losing my holidays when I could do it in school time (slack I know) Part of me thinks I should go and get things sorted- I rang DH but he had no opinion either way (damn) Any thoughts girls?

LOL I was thinking the same thing about the screwdriver!

Christine, I've been where you are. I understand totally. I also remember they rang me a couple of times with different dates, but I couldn't do them for one reason or another. You're still on the standby list. Depends how desperate you are.

Leanne - good strong cold and flu tablets are my fave....you know the ones i still can't take.

He he no cleaning with the screw driver i was putting up towel rails in the bathroom cause the poor excuse of a DH i have couldn't be bothered all done now so i can sit back and enjoy a nice night

Afternoon girls,

Well i have just returned home after being discharged from hospital after being there since wednesday. So i went to the hospital wednesday afternoon and they checked my BP, temp and all that and did a speculum and found that my cervix was softening and they were going to admit me. So they kept me there to keep and eye on the pains and too see if i was contracting or not.

I was really really scared. Lucky i took my sister along with me for support. The most scary part was they said that they were'nt willing to give me anything to mature the babies lungs or too stop the contractions if that was to happen. This was because i was so early in my pregnancy. They also said that if baby were to be born the chances of survival were minimal. I was pretty much distraught to say the least. Esp when they said they were going to admit me. I so expected them to say everything was ok and just to go home and rest.

So anyways, i was put on bed rest for most of the time. So yesterday the Dr came down and said that they were now willing to give me the injections of steriods too try and mature babies lungs and stop and bleeding on the brain if it were to be born. They only did this cause i was a day away from being 24 weeks. The deadline for babies being classed as "viable". So i had one injection as 12pm yesterday and the other at 12am lastnight.

All the time the pains were still there constant but only coming like contractions when i was out of bed. They were like constant period pains. Then lastnight at about 8pm the midwife came in to do all to normal obs and she asked me if i was getting any tightenings which i had for the past 20 mins or so. So then i got one while she was there and we timed them for 10 mins and found i was contracting every 2 minutes and they were lasting 30 secs. So off i was rushed to the Birth Suite where they monitored bubs heart and all the rest and did another speculum. Cervix was still closed! So i stayed up there for a little longer then sent down to the maternity ward with some codene and sleeping tablets.

So thismorning the Dr's came in and said all test were fine and that i was going home. I am still getting pains but. So i have to just keep an eye on it all and if i start contracting again and they last for more than 30 mins i have too go back again. Same goes if i have a loss of any sort down there.

All the while this was happening baby was completely happy in there!! Heart rate and all the rest were comletely perfect. Movements were good. The ultrasound i went for showed that the liquor around baby was fine. Babies measurements were fine. Baby was in great health in other words. So i just hope s/he stays in there now. I have everything crossed!

So because of all this, i have decided that its probaly in mine and babies best interests to defer uni. I have to put both our health first before anything else. I called the uni today and they were totally supportive so that was good. So uni next year again! I am quite disappointed but health comes first.

Briley has been staying with my mum and has behaved the whole time. The minute we get home this afternoon she is being naughty. I think her gums are sore and she is tired to i rubbed some cedar gel on them, gave her a bottle and she is crashed out now. I missed her so much while i was in there. I was most upset about being away from her. She was kinda the only "my own family" that i had and wanted.

Brent flew out the day this all started. Timing was convenient. Poor fella was totally freakin out. I could'nt really tell him anything without knowing what the Dr's needed to tell me so he was left in the lurch a lot. He rang me just as i was being sent back up to Birth Suite lastnight and totally freaked out cause he could'nt get me on my mobile while i was up there. So he was calling my mum, the hospital and birth suite to try and get a hold of me. I really felt so sorry for him. I think he just wanted to be here for me. And incase baby did decide to be born. Understandable.

Well i am really glad too be home. Still a little worried about the pains but i just have to put up with it as the Dr said. I have to go and see the Physio on monday to get a belt to support my uterus.

Thanks heaps for all the support. I am a little tired after that massive post for personals. I have been so slack with it lately. I am really sorry. Hope you are all well.

Be back online tomorrw. If all goes smoothly overnight.

Ciao

Vic ~ Wowee that was an early night! Iím jealous! Though I did just have a 2 hour nap on the lounge

Shazz ~ Ouch with the screwdriver though I was thinking the same thing as the other girls! The play castle sounds really cool.

Kim ~ That is great that you got the TMX Elmo replaced! And whoohoo for Cam!!!

Leanne ~ Definitely the garlic and horseradish tablets. We also used to take Echinacea which was great.

Christine ~ I think if youíre considering saying no then youíre coping well enough to wait a bit. Enjoy your holidays with the kids instead maybe and wait for the next time they call? I would have liked to have changed my clothes and washed my hair too lol!

Sara ~ Thank god everythings alright! I was getting really worried about you! Hopefully its just a scare and that little one stays put and is overdue!!!! That is really sad that you had to give up uni but probably a smart decision. And it will be there next year! Now you get to sit back and enjoy Briley and being pregnant without the stress of those assignments!

I am running out of time for Emís birthday really fast. I thought I had made my mind up and now I know that I havenít. Iíve got no idea what to doÖ Its stressing me out because I want to be excited over it but I canít. My biggest problem is location Ė I canít have it here or at mums house because its in mid-May and we have no protection from the weather or room inside for the kidsÖ. Grrrrr! Any ideas or help? Iíve thought of a play cafť because Em loves them but its abour $15 a head and obviously limits the amount of kids I can have and certainly isnít really family orientated. Iím thinking of reverting to my original idea of hiring a hall and inviting every man and his dog as long as they bring a plate of food along!!!!! Arghhhhh its not meant to be this hard!!!!

OMG Sara that's terrible!!!! So glad you are sort of OK. Can you send one of us (whomever you chose I don't necessarily mean me) your mobile, so we can check on you every now and then?
    Good idea about uni though.

Nat, I'm with ya. I still have no idea and I'm over accomodating everyone else.

Kim I've grabbed Sara's number off her and she has mine!

I'm so confused about it all lol. One second I've made up my mind and the next I've changed it again.

I think I'm going to have to write up a pros and cons list.

The biggest thing I have to consider is that its right in the middle of uni and judging on how busy I was these past 6 weeks I don't think I have time to organize a massive do which is another reason why the play cafe sounds appealing!

Well I've finally done the 8000 or so things I've needed to do all day, but could only get to once the velcro child went to sleep. Is anyone else's munchkin like this excessively? Or am I just lucky - again?

Do you have any parks nearby with a big shelter shed Nat? Some of the ones around here you have to book, but others it's first in best dressed. Maybe you could just have picnic food and a sausage sizzle.

Jodie259 Guest

Hi Girls... It's been a while since I visited... but I've got a good excuse...

But first:

Sara: glad that you are okay. I noticed your post on the last thread, and I had been worried about you. Not a bad idea deferring uni. You have so much on your plate, and Brent hasn't been around to support you. Hope you are feeling better.

Leanne: Hope your cold is getting better. When I get a cold, it's my body's way of telling me that I have to slow down.

Christine: re tresillian... you will get in later (from memory you had a date)... so if you don't want to go in your holiday time, then I would wait. But I would definately go at some point! And if my cousin Cheryl works at that one, say Jodie said "hi".

Lea: I think I might have Shauns birthday at a play cafe... but not an official "birthday" one as he won't know. Our local play cafe is just $2 entry (although I think it's about $15 if it's birthday). I'm just going to tell friends/family that if they want to come, they pay $2 entry and can buy their own coffee or whatever... they can decide whether they want to or not. I really didn't want to do anything at home, and I'm not interested in getting presents from people. When my step-mum suggested the play cafe I thought that would be a no hassle way of doing it. Then whoever shows up can come back to our place for cake if they want to...

Hi to all the other girls...

Well... my news... oh, not much. Except I'm 6.5 weeks pregnant.
    And suffering from terrible morning sickness again! But I got onto the maxolon straight away, so I have the nausea, but not the actual vomitting. It's knocked me for 6 though, and I am totally exhausted. I spent most of today on the couch. On Wednesday Yariv took 1/2 day off work to take care of Shaun because I just didn't have the energy. I can't remember how long it lasted with Shaun... but I hope it doesn't last long. I hate feeling useless. I'm not going to find out the sex, although Yariv wants to. Bugger him. I found out with Shaun, and I want a surprise this time! I'm surprised how easily I conceived. I'm not into taking temps or anything like that. I just worked out the most likely O days, and DTD a couple of times. It's because I make Yariv "wait for it" that it's quality swimmers! And after the ob cut the big cyst off my ovary - I now have two good ones. Yariv broke down in tears when I told him. I haven't told any family yet... so ssshhh everyone! I've told one good friend, and Yariv told his best mate. I have my ob appointment on the 2nd May (9 weeks). My GP was really impressed when she saw who my ob was... she said he is one of the best in Victoria. She asked how I had managed to get him for my first pregnancy.

So, that's my news. It must be something about weight loss challenges!!! Last time I did one (and I was meant to be in the Who magazine and all) - I got pregnant that time! I'm going to try and be a little more careful with what I eat this time around. Right now I don't feel like eating anything. But when I don't eat, I don't have any energy. Vicious circle.

Now I'm keen to sell my beauty salon - so I'm seeing a broker next week & put it on the market. And we might look at a bigger house. We've got a 3 bedroom now, but I want at least 4, ideally 5 bedrooms. Got to see how much the bank will give us.

Hope you all have a great weekend....
    I'll try to pop on a bit more often...

OMG JODIE!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Well done to you both!!!

I got so excited when I saw your new Jodie, I forgot to do my post haha

Sara: So glad to hear everything is ok.....very good idea to defer uni, just relax now for the rest of your pregnancy!!

You girls have been chatting up a storm!! It has taken ages for me to read through them. I am so tired now I don't know if I can stay up to reply to everyone!! Nat I got your emails.........Em is gorgeous as always!! Keep those pics coming.....Oh I have to send you some camping pics (none of me though hehe).

Vic: Jayden is having 2 x 180ml @ naptime and 1 x 240ml at night, I give him farex porriage for brekki and I make up 120ml use some in the porriage and the rest which is about 70-90ml he drinks. I haven't tried him on cows milk yet but I want to start easing him into it.....it would be so much easier and cheaper than formula. Do you think long life milk would be ok? I don't drink much milk at all so thats all we have but I think Jayden would need fresh milk??? Anyone have any ideas?

Christine: I love your new ticker pic......Love to see a close up of the 3 of them though.....I'm sure Jess would have more to say about that though haha Wow another baby......go for it!! What are the kids thoughts on it? Chris and I talked about it (well I talked) last weekend, we were having burgers in the car for our 10th anniversary (romantic huh?) and I asked him why he doesn't want another yet, he can't tell me why just that I already have one and I should be happy with that.

Kim: Do you mean clingy? Jayden is constantly wrapping himself around my legs while I'm trying to walk....he just goes with it.....I put it down to teething but no more teeth yet so maybe just a phase???

Chris has gone to his mates place again! I said to him that its not fair that he goes out all the time and I have to do everything for Jayden and the house etc. He finishes work at 3.30pm I finish at 5pm so why is it me who has to do all the shopping, pick up Jayden, get him ready (and myself) if we are going out and Chris gets to sit on the computer or have a nap, then he wonders why I get pi$$ed off........anyway I've whinged about this before I'm sure, it just annoys me so much that his excuse is that he works ( and what I does obviously counts for nothing).

Well its getting late and I can't remember what else I was going to say.......bedtime for me I think.
    oxoxox

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast