Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born May 2006 #26

Default Babies Born May 2006 #26

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in May 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13 - [email protected]
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Your Previous thread is HERE

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

Neither do I Vic lol!

Because technically I was first :nana:

I really am struggling with the whole concentrating thing today lol.

Did you go to the Doc's Vic? Really sounds like a milk intolerance thing though. Poor little blighter.

Hey Alison, we did miss you, but you have to post regularly for us to keep asking silly! :P How many teeth did he get through?

God I thought I was the only one up at that hour Leanne!

Nat concentration issues are the story of my life ATM. Stupid hours don't really help m cause....neither does constantly dealing with head cases for that matter lol. (Not you guys....at work).

Sara hope everythings OK. I got reallly bad, regular and painful BH from 20weeks (I didn't know I was in albour remember). However one of our best friends just lost their 25weeker due to an early delivery so I'm really really sending good thoughts your way.

Finally got tooth number 2 on Saturday. How good is this age? I know your sad Shazz, but my little liss personaltiy just makes my day. She's so fun and interactive. Now finally after 11months I love this job!!!
    ETA really sorry about all the typos but there are so many and I'm too tired to change them all....

Sara ~ hoping it's just one of those unexplainable good pg related things thoughts are with you right now hang in there i know it's scary stuff but we are right here if you need us

Sara- hope everything is OK, i found my BH got worse and sooner with each pg and mine were miles apart so I would imagine it would be worse closer together.
    Vic- hope he is OK, isn't it funny how much sooner the later children get t eat/ drink stuff? Jess is still angry at me for not letting her have lemonade until she was 7 and Erin has been drinking it for years LOL.
    Nat- how are your assignments going? Need any more help?
    Shazz- I love this age but I am so sad about my baby growing up, I am seriously thinking about another one, DH is keen, I just worry about my age/money/ size of the car etc. and the fact that a number of my friends have threatened me with violence if I even consider it LOL.
    Riley is still toothless but on the move in a major way, he even pulls himself up now. He ate 1/2 pot of Erin's lipgloss earlier so the next pooey nappy should be interesting LOL His breath smells like strawberries! Luckily it wasn't one of the glitter ones. The girls are still not used to him being mobile so he is constantly getting things he shouldn't. Jessica's room is his holy grail, he gets in there at every opportunity.
    Erin and I went and saw Happily N'Ever After yesterday while R. was at FDC. It was Ok but I wouldn't rave about it, sort of a 7 yr olds chick flick LOL.
    I may not have this ticker for long- Jess will have a fit when she sees it and demand I get her off it!!

Vic- a few weeks ago the clinic sister told me I should be adding uncooked milk to Riley's food to start getting him used to it. Its so annoying how everyone tells you different things, and if you spread out your kids they change the rules lOL

What a yuk arvo Vic. I reckon they should give oral sedation before they make a small child have a BT.

I'm not help with bottles. Darcy has 3x feeds, but if I leave a bottle it only has 150ml cos that's all she'll drink.
    On Sunday I managed to express 100ml before work which was great, but by the time i delivered Darcy to Cam, the lid had leaked my precious stuff all through my handbag. :O So I told Cam to give her cows milk....should wouldn;t drink half of it.

Vic Ryan has in a 24 hr period 4 - 5 X 200ml formula bottle and he has water and cows milk on his breaky on the advice of the MCHN ( as Christine said to get him used to it ) my other kids were on cows milk at 10 -11 months of age

I have only just submitted that assignment I am so lazy sometimes!!!

Vic ~ Oh no! That is not good about the cows milk! I have never heard about it being from 15 months now either. Strange hey? Awww that is sad about holding him down for the BT - I would have cried if it were me.

Kim ~ Oh no at it leaking in your handbag! I know how precious it is!!! I'm so glad to hear you're finally loving it now! It is a fantastic stage isn't it? I love the interaction and the way they play with you now. Yahoo for the second tooth!!

Christine ~ Tonight's assignment was on Piaget's and Bandura's theories lol. It was pretty basic but I was lazy over Easter and obviously didn't do anything lol. I have finished the arts ed section now and will start the prac teaching section in a few weeks so I'm sure I'll have a stack of questions for you then! I really am loving this degree. I was a bit afraid I wouldn't like it after all it took to get me back to uni (its been 5 years since I left school) but I really really love it! I think I born to work with children lol! OMG @ Riley with the lipgloss that is soooo funny

With bottles Em still has 3x 240ml bottles each day. Normally morning, noon and night. He has started drinking more water though which is fantastic! The silly kid won't take it out of a straw, sippy cup or bottle but LOVES the pop top bottles and has maybe 3 of them a day .

As for cows milk... well I will have to try him eventually I guess. I am just so afraid of the nappies etc. Here's to hoping he's not actually severely LI like his cousin and he's fine with the conversion. Otherwise I'll be going through hell trying to find lactose free products for him (all of which are horrid trust me!). I do have a lactose free fresh milk that I have though so hopefully he will be right with that! Though it is 2.15 a litre so slightly more expensive!

Oh and I tried him on sultanas the other day and he loves them!!! Alrighty I better go. Mum is watching Em for me so I could finish up this assignment.

Nat- Piaget brought back memories! OMG you left school 5 years ago???? I could've been your teacher!!! I feel really old now.
    Kim- bummer at the ebm leaking, I am hopeless at expressing so i would've cried too!
    The tresillian people told me Riley should be having 3 milk feeds a day ( he has that during the night and more LOL)
    Going to bed now, Riley crashed mid feed at 7pm cause we went to the zoo today and he only had 40 minutes sleep. DH is busy fixing the flat tyre we got on the pram!

Lipgloss! lol getting the grooming habits started early!
    Ahh Piaget and Bandura, I remember them! Gees what subject did I do that in??!?!? We go through heaps of tanas. She prefers them in a cup to pick out herself.
    It feels like 11o'clock at night and I know it's nowhere close. Cam's complaining cos he's been up since six.....forgetting that I had to get up to calm the Dragon this morning cos once he's focused on something (no matter how noisy he might be) he can't hear Darcy......whinge over.
    ETA I LOVE the zoo, but man they have tripled the price in the last 3 years - and now you have to pay for parking! The carparks' only been there 90 years. Did you have a great day? Did you see the bird show? (That's our fave). How good is the elephant enclosure?

Hi everyone.
    Just popping to say hi, to wish you all good night vibes (esp you Sara, thinking of you chookie) and I have stuffed the diet. Just ate a huge eggie. Must be PMS. Well that's my excuse and sticking to it....

Back tomorrow.

Christine ~ Yep I graduated 5 years ago lol! I couldnít decide what I wanted so took a year off then went back to do Applied Finance (blergh) and realized it wasnít for me. Then once I realized what I wanted to do(midwifery) things kept getting the way and then the opportunity to study finally came about and now Iím studying teaching lol and loving it!

Kim ~ The subject Iím doing it in is Educational Psychology Ė its really interesting!! Em likes the sultanas in a cup as well lol. OMG up at 6 Ė the poor thing lol

Vic ~ Holy crap - $160 for a family pass! And we were just compaining about how the Adelaide zoo was $18 entry lol. Sydney sounds like so much fun. I hope you enjoy it!

Leanne ~ LOL @ PMS. Mineís not going so well either. Mum bought me maccas for dinner lol!

Sara ~ I hope things are okay sweety! I really need to grab your mobile number off you lol!

Has anyone else thought about enrolling their little ones for school yet? Iím sending Em to a private school so I want to get enrolment guaranteed. Iíve had the forms for close on 6 months lol and only just got around to completing them. I only did it because a friend of mine got her enrolment guarantee for her little girl who starts the year before Em! I couldnít believe she got it already!

Does anyone know if the new student intake of one intake per year will affect our kids? Iím so confuzzled over the whole thing lol especially with Em being born in May. As it stands he wonít be able to start Reception until Term 3 2011 but if they have one intake does that mean he starts at the beginning of 2011 or 2012? The only reason I'm bothered is that I'm trying to time uni to finish around when he starts school and I'm hoping that he'll be in the same year level as his cousin at school!

Alright enough babbling from me I think. Nighty night!

Nat I think there's different schooling systems in each state cos I've never heard of reception. I'm wondering which year I'll send Darcy. I started early and I was fine, but I know people who aren't send thier kids until they're nearly 6. I think I'll wait until she lets us know when she's ready. She going to public primary though so it's not a worry.

The zoo in Syd is $33 for an adult and I can't remember hoy much for a child. Only 3-4years ago it was $13 adult entry.....I'm thinking of sponsoring an animal for darcy for her birthday - get free entry them....

Nat, every state is different which is stupid in this day and age where people move interstate. I think NT is based on SA so they have an intake at the start of each term up until term3 and you have to have turned 5 before you start. This was called Transition in NT, we called them the trannies which used to make me laugh. In NSW a child can start in the year they are 5 or will turn 5 by 31st July that year. the problem with this is that there is a huge trend to "holding them back" largely due to the perception of some people that their child will be better and smarter if they start late. Some children ARE too young socially or emotionally to start young, particularly boys born in June or July but in some areas of Sydney particularly where I work we get kids held back who are born in Feb. or March which means you have classes with 18 months age gap in them. At our school Riley would be really unusual if I sent him the year he turns 5 which really pi$$es me off as he may be OK to end but do i want him to be labelled as young? It depends on the area you live in, when I started teaching at Mt Druitt, most of my kindy class didn't turn 5 until June or July.
    Sorry I'll get off my high horse now, its one of my pet peeves. Basically you need to look at the individual child and take the advice of preschool teachers or the school. Everyone has very different opinions on this and can get jst as passionate about the opposite view LOL. I was lucky with the girls cause there was no decision they just went.

I hope Sara is ok. Has anyone spoken to her on MSN?

The school age here is 5 by the end of April I think, so Cooper will start when he is 5.5, which I would prefer I thhink.

Kim ~ OMG at the zoo being that expensive. How on earth can a family afford that sort of money?

Christine ~ I agree that is silly that all states are different. I COMPLETELY agree with your vent there lol and I understand why you are so passionate about it. I will be sending Em based on advice from his kindy but I am hoping to start him in 2011. I think its really wrong that one year level can have age gaps of 18 months Ė it just doesnít sit well with me.

Alison ~ I havenít heard from Sara. I hope sheís okay.

Vic ~ Prep sounds as though itís the equivalent to reception except reception is compulsory here (well as far as I know it is).

Iíve had a bit of a domestic day today. Iíve done the grocery shopping, vacuumed and mopped. Just about to do put some more entries into my tracking sheet and then Iíve got some studying to do!

Em is walking around everywhere now. Its so cute as heís still a little unsteady. Heís also talking heaps and his new words are Ďduckí and Ďpopí and Ďclapí VERY cute! Heís trying to imitate almost everything we say!!!

You know when you have a crappy day and everything just gets worse? I'm having one of those....might go and have a snooze.....

Sara, hope everythings OK...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast